Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Patch: Expectations, Predictions, and Desires?
So, we're not quite deep into this patch yet but I wanna hear some of your crazy theories about what's coming up next year, what you expect to happen and what you want to happen. It's the 5th Anniversary, Chinese New Year, they've basically announced it's 3 months of back to back extra giveaways and all that. So they'll be doing some extra special stuff, they've already scheduled the return of some old transmigrations so everyone can get some easy loot.

I expect:
  • AR Investiture. CNY is the perfect time for it, since they're part of the whole block of Taoist Chinese themed cards.
  • New limited seal with the minimobs from Investiture TM as feeders. Predicting that they're going to try to fix the Water/Light team that they forgot about after Honda was released.
  • The return of the Sindhu seal + a new Sindhu black card. Zhu Baije, Sha Wujing, or the Jade Faced Princess are my guesses for the character. I think it'll be Water element, no matter what character.
  • PR Primal Greeks. Pretty please?

More uncertain:
  • I'm gonna call it now. Since QTD is over they're going to introduce a new equally (pls not more) hellish SM that will strike fear into the hearts of all players new and old. I know that Khaos is a thing, but I don't think he's thought of the same way, as being this kind of gold standard of difficulty that feels like such an achievement to get past.
  • PR Yog Sothoth. I think that might happen towards the end of this patch though.
  • VR of a series. I'm not sure which series, because if it's Greek, then they missed their chance to upgrade Zeus too, since he's been and gone and it's too soon to bring him back. They might uncouple him from them like they did Robert? If it's not Greek... then maybe Egyptians?
  • The Chinese gods are usually in the spotlight for CNY so I think they might be getting another buff. Dragonware maybe, or a "boss" card ala Odin and Zeus, like Aaronyxy predicted.
  • Either the release of Frigg or the release of the first Reminiscence card for Crimson Grace. Predicting Frigg is a rainbow member for Norse and the CG card is a Water Demon for Elizabeth.

No basis in reality:
  • I really think the fusion system needs something more to it. Fusions are important to many teams now, but they still suffer from so many problems. Weak component parts, outdated stats for total, only buffed once by boosters despite taking up two slots... so I think maybe they should introduce a way to evolve fusions.
  • Tan Sanzang's white dragon horse steed as a Light Beast SM.
  • VR Saruman. Come on. Even the weakest sealed lord deserves some love.
  • Permanent -2 CD reduction buff for Water Bride. It's the least they could do.

UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Maya and Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Ophiuchus, Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Magrence, Jackie, Jack, Barbara, Azathoth.
Nonmax: Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
I'm expecting another collaboration series pretty soon since I've read about it on the FB fans group some time ago. From what they said it's gonna be a pretty big one, but we'll just have to wait and see.

PR Primal seems pretty likely as they're due next in line for PR, that and maybe also Amelioration for Haza's series soon. Personally for PR Primal I'm hoping for a team skill with Khaos since they're pretty much brethren if you go by the lore, but Khaos already has loads of team skills with other 8* cards so I really don't know. Khaos' SM was only difficult because of the Aether overheal stage which not many teams could counter effectively at the time of it's release, or if you didn't have Nyx in your team, but other than that, it's pretty manageable. The reason I didn't farm the card is because it takes way too long for one run. If only they'd released Elfish Perennials while Khaos was out, Sakura and Rose could probably make short work of that stage...

Since Yog's PR is probably up soon, maybe that'll take the spot for Nightmare stage that shakes up the game? QTD and all other Pili related extras are kind of outliers in terms of difficulty, so maybe the arrival of a new collaboration series will bring some more of that stuff as well, not that I'm looking forward to it.

AR and VR for a new series would be nice. If they're planning to VR Greek though, they'll have to rethink the playstyle a bit and not just add a multiplier and call it quits. Relying solely on skydrops for damage and healing just won't cut it for today's stages. I mean, you could argue that Maya, Pontos/Erebus, RDYJ and all those teams rely on skydrops as well but they at least have a built-in multiplier and mechanics that make dissolving runes easier.

Main Ally: Azathoth
PR: FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, WE Spiritual Civilization, WFE Egyptians, Aloha, Dipankara
VR: WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
EX. Seal: Atlantis, Maya, Azathoth, Ghroth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu

ID: 21218485
(12-17-2017, 05:23 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
  • I really think the fusion system needs something more to it. Fusions are important to many teams now, but they still suffer from so many problems. Weak component parts, outdated stats for total, only buffed once by boosters despite taking up two slots... so I think maybe they should introduce a way to evolve fusions.

I don't think "only buffed once" is a problem? Unless a booster is somehow dependent on member count (like Luna), a multiplier on a fusion card will give greater total damage than the multiplier to the two components.  

I'm personally excited for AR Investiture since I have all 5 all max. I'm hoping they give something interesting to JZY and Dipankara that isn't a straight up copy of Pollux. 
I'd also like Wen Zhong to be buffed in a way that helps non-Atlantis water teams as well...

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders: Lu Bu, Mastema, Izanagi, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Arthur, Yi Ye Shu, Rose, Ghroth, Daoloth, Mai, etc.
(12-17-2017, 07:18 PM)agnesi Wrote: I don't think "only buffed once" is a problem? Unless a booster is somehow dependent on member count (like Luna), a multiplier on a fusion card will give greater total damage than the multiplier to the two components.  

Hmm. I'm bad at math lol. But that was always one of my dodgy ones, I don't know that people in general feel there's something wrong with fusions.

(12-17-2017, 07:18 PM)agnesi Wrote: I'm personally excited for AR Investiture since I have all 5 all max. I'm hoping they give something interesting to JZY and Dipankara that isn't a straight up copy of Pollux.
I'd also like Wen Zhong to be buffed in a way that helps non-Atlantis water teams as well...

I think MH already confirmed they'll never give a light card the same AR skill as Pollux because of the interaction with ML. DP, I expect to get a buff to him as a leader rather than as a member.

BTW: This is the Reminiscence character for CG if anybody hasn't seen.

On Request:
All Max: Ophiuchus, Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Magrence, Jackie, Jack, Barbara, Azathoth.

(12-17-2017, 07:18 PM)put1572 Wrote: I'm expecting another collaboration series pretty soon since I've read about it on the FB fans group some time ago. From what they said it's gonna be a pretty big one, but we'll just have to wait and see.

the king's avatar  MH PLS
Return of Crash Fever Gilgamesh would be pretty convenient, also more chance to farm Yomi.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
I would like to see some fundamental changes to the game but i think we will see more of the same. Players who dont shell out a ton of cash will be overwhelmed with new bosses which is basically just adding to whats there. They will use old crap card artwork for impossible stages.
(12-17-2017, 08:42 PM)Bearer of the Cursed Ring Wrote:
(12-17-2017, 07:18 PM)put1572 Wrote: I'm expecting another collaboration series pretty soon since I've read about it on the FB fans group some time ago. From what they said it's gonna be a pretty big one, but we'll just have to wait and see.

the king's avatar  MH PLS
Are you talking about that Chinese Light Novel that just recently got an animation adaptation? Because if you are I think we could be friends, I enjoyed that show quite a lot.
(12-18-2017, 07:40 AM)jtsmith Wrote: I would like to see some fundamental changes to the game but i think we will see more of the same.  Players who dont shell out a ton of cash will be overwhelmed with new bosses which is basically just adding to whats there.  They will use old crap card artwork for impossible stages.
I'm curious to know what these fundamental changes you're speaking of are. If you're talking about how the game favors those who spend more money that probably won't ever change. Not to defend MH, but they're a business above all, the end goal will always be to make a profit and what better way to do that than to give people more reasons to spend? It only seemed like the game was more f2p friendly in the early days because they were just testing the waters to see its potential, and now that it has become somewhat a commercial success, naturally they are going to milk it as much as they can using whatever strategy they can think of, even more so when ToS is their main source of income. 
Main Ally: Azathoth
PR: FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, WE Spiritual Civilization, WFE Egyptians, Aloha, Dipankara
VR: WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
EX. Seal: Atlantis, Maya, Azathoth, Ghroth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu

ID: 21218485
new Black card that makes the old black cards useless.
ID: 54962818

Izanagi, Azathoth, Sakura, Mai KOF, whatever is fun to play with

Forum United 3 recruiting

(12-19-2017, 05:11 PM)spacelion Wrote: new Black card that makes the old black cards useless.

Prediction or desire lol? The only black card that's been obsoleted is Water Bride. Even then, not 100%, her stats means she's still pretty worth it to have as member.

On Request: