Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New player here...what should I be doing?

Currently I'm focusing on soulstones and the ameloriation dungeon on weekends while going through the normal dungeons when possible. I'm focusing on a Ninurta team so I'm saving diamonds for the next Fire event.

What should I be doing? Any specific dungeons I should hit?

Thanks in advance!

u should be posting in and reading the "ask the community" section.

Collecting some of the boss drops from the weekly battles in the Lost Relic would be a good place to start, if you have already have a decent team or two to deal with Advanced difficulty. A defensive partner like Wukong, Taurus or Shuten-Doji can often help. Building up a card collection is important for new players, even if the cards are subpar (weeklies often are). Ozma, a raid card that sometimes appears, is good to have for Fire teams.

This weekend's Hades is also a good card to have. The stage (or Ultimate difficulty, at least) is easy by today's standards.

What is your inventory like at present? Depending on the rest of the cards you've got, waiting for the next Fire bonus week might not be the best choice of action.

Join a guild if you haven't. The Joint Operation currently operating offers some very good rewards simply for participating, and the first battle is quite manageable (just make combos to match the number of orbs, and you won't even take damage).

Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
(10-11-2016, 09:57 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: Collecting some of the boss drops from the weekly battles in the Lost Relic would be a good place to start, if you have already have a decent team or two to deal with Advanced difficulty. A defensive partner like Wukong, Taurus or Shuten-Doji can often help. Building up a card collection is important for new players, even if the cards are subpar (weeklies often are). Ozma, a raid card that sometimes appears, is good to have for Fire teams.
This weekend's Hades is also a good card to have. The stage (or Ultimate difficulty, at least) is easy by today's standards.
What is your inventory like at present? Depending on the rest of the cards you've got, waiting for the next Fire bonus week might not be the best choice of action.
Join a guild if you haven't. The Joint Operation currently operating offers some very good rewards simply for participating, and the first battle is quite manageable (just make combos to match the number of orbs, and you won't even take damage).
Thanks for the response! The cards in bold is the team I'm focusing on. What is the appearance rate of Ozma? She looks really good for Ninurta.

Box:
  • Ninurta
  • Agatha
  • Agnessi
  • Clara
  • Dipankara
  • Jackie
  • Sunnie
  • Alma
  • Youkai
  • Keeper in the dark
  • Nero
  • Agitator
  • Karasutengu
  • Oceans Keeper
  • Wen Zhong
  • Dark Knight Errant
  • Baron Nathaniel
  • Merry Puppy
  • Freyr
Looking for: ANY red leader
My Main: PR Ninurta
(10-11-2016, 10:10 AM)CloudNine Wrote: Thanks for the response! The cards in bold is the team I'm focusing on. What is the appearance rate of Ozma? She looks really good for Ninurta.

I'd put Ozma's appearance rate at about 10-20%; up to 40-50% with 12*, though that's probably not feasible.

I'd replace Clara with Jackie in your team; Clara is an incredibly niche card that generally only gets used in Diablo setups, while Jackie has better offensive stats and decent skills. Dipankara + Ninurta combos should be more than enough healing, anyway.

Sunnie | Alma | Nekomata | Keeper in the Dark (Raguel) | Dark Knight-Errant (Dark Paladin) is another team that you might want to work on. Besides Dark Paladin the rest are all good Dark members in general, useful in a variety of setups.

What did you do with your starter? Nathaniel isn't one of the beginning options.

(10-11-2016, 10:27 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 10:10 AM)CloudNine Wrote: Thanks for the response! The cards in bold is the team I'm focusing on. What is the appearance rate of Ozma? She looks really good for Ninurta.

I'd put Ozma's appearance rate at about 10-20%; up to 40-50% with 12*, though that's probably not feasible.

I'd replace Clara with Jackie in your team; Clara is an incredibly niche card that generally only gets used in Diablo setups, while Jackie has better offensive stats and decent skills. Dipankara + Ninurta combos should be more than enough healing, anyway.

Sunnie | Alma | Nekomata | Keeper in the Dark (Raguel) | Dark Knight-Errant (Dark Paladin) is another team that you might want to work on. Besides Dark Paladin the rest are all good Dark members in general, useful in a variety of setups.

What did you do with your starter? Nathaniel isn't one of the beginning options.

Is there a paritcular lost relic dungeon you would recommend for farming Ozma? I was thinking Footsteps of Searching for a mind because of color advantage?

I have two of the fire starter guys. I forgot to mention him!

I'll keep Jackie in mind for future setups. Right now I'll stay with Clara because I need her healing.

Who do you recommend I pair Ninurta with? Not that I have many options right now, but for future reference.

Like you mentioned I've been working on a dark team on the side by saving dark soulstones for the dark team and feeding everything else to the red team. Sunnie looks cool and it's something I want to finish down the line.
Looking for: ANY red leader
My Main: PR Ninurta
Failure in Searching For One's Self would be a good idea, as it also drops Knight Iron Piggys which can be used to train Ninurta's active, as well as more Fire cards to feed to your team. (Guide to skill leveling, if you don't already know)

If you have a Sean, then I would most definitely replace Clara with him. Power Released starters are the most versatile and evergreen cards in the entire game, have been that way for a long time and look to remain so in future. If you ever need healing, PR Sean should more than cover it.

The most obvious ally to Ninurta is a second Ninurta for the offensive power of the team skills. 5* has nothing of the sort, while 6* and 7* need to pair with their respective rarities. In cases where you need healing, Poppy (Aries) and Shuten-Doji would be the go-to options; Sun Hsiao Mei or Sarah will be decent too since you have Agnesi and Sean in the team.

Sunnie is in fact a stellar option, on par if not mildly superior to most of the other Dark converters in the game, with a top-tier leader skill and a stat distribution that greatly makes up Dark's weakness (low HP). Her active before evolving is also farmable through common Werewolves, which helps greatly.

I am around the same level as you though I have bought some diamonds so I am farther ahead in Cards and maybe slightly ahead in progress. While I have some of the same questions as you I want to mention 1 thing I have found very useful.

Since it is hard finding the correct allies which will most likely get better with time I recommend farming the Day of Greed and Day of Gold on the weekends, They give great XP/stamina and good amounts of gold. Using 400k gold to buy the correct ally for 24hours to get a team bonus is easily regained with that ally during the weekend. I didnt farm the gold to be able to buy it everyday but I might have been able to last weekend. Just note KaerfNomekop's reply that you need the correct version of your ally and it isn't worth it if you don't have a 6*+.

I also recommend checking the add me forum and the Wikipage for your leader to add people with the ally you need. I havent found a lot of people with my ally and some of the people that post there have changed adjuncts but I have found a few.
Just to add, many people (me included) have their UID on their Sig, you can add friends that way too, and also join a guild to get more exp.
ID: 25923781
Looking for: Any ally that is at least dual max

Main Allies: Azathoth, Killua, Yusuke, Aqua, Darkness, Hiei, Natsu, Lucy, Atlantis

CN ID: 878758321
Main Allies: Daoloth, Meso
Looking for: Daoloth, Meso