Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "Amelioration" System
According to the v.6.0 Patch Notes, a new Amelioration system has been added:

Quote:- Summoners can select a monster available for Amelioration in the Inventory and melt in Souls. Upon melting in the required amount of Souls, the special stage for Amelioration will be unlocked. After the stage is cleared, the monster will be promoted to a new Amelioration phase and acquire a new Amelioration skill.

Souls:

- Gained from random drops in battles.
- Gained by decomposing monsters available from “Diamond Seal”. Regardless of the gaining method (from Diamond Seal, Friend Point Seal or drop in stages), these monsters will give respective amounts of Souls after decomposing.
- Gained by decomposing monsters “Breeding Crystal” or “Essence Hunter”. These monsters will be randomly dropped in stage “Day of Souls” opened every Saturday and Sunday.
- The number of saved Souls is unlimited. The current number of Souls can be found in “Inventory”.

Amelioration Stages:

- Each monster has 4 Amelioration Stages. Monsters can acquire a different Amelioration skill in each Amelioration stage.
- Monsters must reach 5* or above to perform Amelioration.

- Monsters series available for Amelioration in Version 6.0 include: “Main Characters”, “Paladins”, “Moirai Sisters”, “Chinese Gods (Great Schemas)”, “Ethereal Dragons”, and “Norse Gods”.

One-off Souls reward in respect of past Diamond Seal draws:

Summoners will be rewarded specific number of Souls based on the accumulated number of diamond seal card draws made before the Version 6.0 Update (regardless of whether those seal cards are still kept).
Each Summoner will be rewarded ONCE.
All diamond seal card draws made after Version 6.0 Update will not be counted.
100 Souls will be rewarded per 10 accumulated diamond seal card draws (the number of draws is rounded up, i.e. number less than 10 will also be regarded as 10).
The maximum number of rewarded Souls is 1500.
The rewarded Souls can be found in “Community” -> “Reward” after re-logging in. (The “Souls Rewards” system is only applicable to game accounts opened before May 21 (Wed) 23:59.)

Does anyone skilled in MadHeadlish care to explain precisely what all this means? I wonder whether MH realises that the English word 'amelioration' means "to improve something which was previously bad"...?

[Image: dirksig.jpg] [Image: psynec.PNG]
Get to card which can insert souls, preview the card, and press the part where I,II,III,IV exist. You get to see the extra ability the card will obtain if you ameliorate it.

It act like power release with the material being souls decomposed from Diamond Draw Card or battle drop, which you attend special battle in order to obtain special ability.

interesting system alright

I put 50 souls into PR Loki and had to do a battle to get him to phase 1 of his so called "Amelioration"

Battles: 2
Cost: 20

Battle 1: was 3 Gnomes with this ability associated with their attribute "you must dissolve 5 or more of their attribute to deal dmg

Battle 2: 1 new looking Gnome (sorry forgot the name) and I had to dissolve at least 9 dark runes to deal dmg

Hope this info helps and each new Amelioration phase increases stats or some type of new skill given to the cards

PR Loki phase 1 or lvl 1 Amelioration gives him an extra +30 recovery (you can check the other phases on its profile)

Regular Ally: PR Loki(IV) / PR Daji(max skill) / Water DS(IV)
Wanted Ally: The Good Cards xD
My ID: 43,310,107
Usual Deck: Dragon Decks/Dark Mono Deck/Water Mono Deck
* Amelioration Skill for Sage Molly / PR:

I. Rec +20
II. Initial CD starts -2
III. Attk +120
IV. Team Attack +10% when 4+ runes dissolved in column beneath character

* Amelioration Skill for GSoA / PR:

I. HP +180
II. When uses Active Skill, Water Enchantment applied to column beneath character
III. HP +500
IV. [Same as II. Glitched - see Patch Notes]
[Image: dirksig.jpg] [Image: psynec.PNG]
Quote:- Gained by decomposing monsters available from “Diamond Seal”. Regardless of the gaining method (from Diamond Seal, Friend Point Seal or drop in stages), these monsters will give respective amounts of Souls after decomposing.

Yeahh, finally a new use for all those dupe DD's and Golems in my inventory.
Although the amount of souls rewarded by decomposing is not much..
I got 30 souls for baby DD's, golems and moirai sisters and 40 souls for 4* versions, so it seems to be 10 souls per *level..
Quote:- Monsters series available for Amelioration in Version 6.0 include: “Main Characters”, “Paladins”, “Moirai Sisters”, “Chinese Gods (Great Schemas)”, “Ethereal Dragons”, and “Norse Gods”.

So it basically means a strengthening of our strongest cards, right?
Everything that's PR-able except for the paladins Tongue

(05-22-2014, 09:40 PM)Dirk Gently Wrote: Does anyone skilled in MadHeadlish care to explain precisely what all this means? I wonder whether MH realises that the English word 'amelioration' means "to improve something which was previously bad"...?

That's right, i would say it's more like "refining"
[Image: lnupes13b1vu.jpg]
Finally all those extra novices and iduns are worth something! They're worth 30 souls each.
Strangely, some zodiac cards are only worth 5 souls...
can anyone confirm if the amelioration persists if you evolve the card?

i have a 6* thorbut i cant PR yet so i didnt want to spend any souls if im going to lose the amelioration bonus
Ummm... why are most of the cards displaying similar skills for II and IV??
I have a suspicion that some of the skills will need to be adjusted as time goes on:

Paladin (Same for EWFL, not sure about Dark)
-> +60 Attack
-> 3 or more runestones in the column directly below the monster are disolved -> Team attack +10% for round (Does not include disolved via dropping)
-> +300 HP
-> 4 or more runestones in the column directly below the monster are disolved -> Team attack +10% for round (Does not include disolved via dropping)

GSoF
-> +180 HP
-> Whenever using active; skill enchanted heart will apply in column below
-> +140 Attack
-> Same as skill 2

In both cases the Ameliorate #4 doesn't seem to have any point. GSoF gets no benefit at all from it, and for Paladins unless it's 10% >2 and 20% >3 I don't see the point of the skills as listed.
tested PR tyr mark IV

when forming 5 rune in column under tyr, (can be any color)
the 10% and 12% damage can be stack.

that means dual PR norse mark IV

can get max multiplier
2.5*2.5*1.1*1.1*1.12*1.12
which is 9.48 times

not counting enchanted rune bonus, others multiplier bonus
user: [email protected]
id:21,474,533
regular ally(MAX lvl & CD): apollo, minamoto, water DS, PR dagon, poseidon,
regular ally(MAX lvl): PR thor, PR tyr, PR freyja, PR faugn,
others ally(MAX lvl & CD): dark DS, odin, pieces, cassandra, domon, PR GSOL,
others ally(MAX lvl): diablo, niddhog, virgo, PKoL, leo, circe, libra, hep,