Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some Help~
Hi guys , i'm kinda new to ToS (started in september), played a bit PAD but switched to ToS and i'm not regrettin it. At the beginning was a bit confused setting up a proper team but with the new leaders from Prologue of the Universe series got the help and the meta push i needed to burst into content, didn't get Azatoth sadly, but got both Daoloth and Ghroth which i found really easy to play (daoloth is for absolute nobrainer spin, and ghroth to burst boss).

I have now many dupes and need some advice on what to do with them (should i sell em and buy Tulzscha the Gleaming Grace? my Daoloth team is filled with suboptimal unit)
Should I focus on heart converter AME and maxing them? (Have Gemini, Yuki-Onna, Dagon, idk if Iron Hamel can be worth to cap it for a Daoloth team)
I have a earth fusion but an outdated earth leader (Freya), should i invest on it?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-29-2017, 09:28 PM)HypesAndShafts Wrote: Hi guys , i'm kinda new to ToS (started in september), played a bit PAD but switched to ToS and i'm not regrettin it. At the beginning was a bit confused setting up a proper team but with the new leaders from Prologue of the Universe series got the help and the meta push i needed to burst into content, didn't get Azatoth sadly, but got both Daoloth and Ghroth which i found really easy to play (daoloth is for absolute nobrainer spin, and ghroth to burst boss).

I have now many dupes and need some advice on what to do with them (should i sell em and buy Tulzscha the Gleaming Grace? my Daoloth team is filled with suboptimal unit)
Should I focus on heart converter AME and maxing them? (Have Gemini, Yuki-Onna, Dagon, idk if Iron Hamel can be worth to cap it for a Daoloth team)
I have a earth fusion but an outdated earth leader (Freya), should i invest on it?

Thanks
Ok so for Daoloth you really don't have much options right now. PR Honor is a decent member because of his short CD conversion and sword AME and Ghathanothoa for his semi full-board conversion, but other than those two, the cards you have don't really synergise that well with Daoloth. Buying Tulzscha won't make a lick of a difference since the card itself is outdated and won't really bring anything much to the table for your team so I wouldn't recommend it. 

As for dupes, keep them to feed to your main card and save some harpies. If your main card is at skill level 10 (which It should be if you farmed it's skill level before evolving) farm your dupe using the same process, evolve it, and then feed it to your evolved main card to get it to max skill level.

Freyja, and Norse in general is worthless without Odin (unless you want to use their diverged forms as converters), and for the current meta you need both your Norse leader VR'ed AND VR Odin to get by. Since you're still relatively low on levels, I don't know if you can fit in VR Odin since his team cost is massive even if you opt to change him to his sub-optimal form. However, you do have Geironul who has team skills with Freyja so if you have resources to spare you can train them and wait for Odin's return which should be relatively soon. 

Fusion cards in general are ok, but their value skyrockets in a Ghroth team because of his ability to copy their attack. This guild event has Red Noses as a raid mob, so if you're feeling lucky you can spam the corresponding stages which have a chance for Red Noses to raid to farm his skill level or you could also wait until the 30th where there will be an increased raid rate and spam the stages then. If you've accumulated 1000 personal guild points you'll be rewarded with The Antlers (Red Noses fusion partner) at skill level 10. Their fusion would probably work better in a Ghroth team than your earth Diarmuid fusion.

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
A Ghroth dupe can be useful in a Ghroth team, so I'd recommend keeping at least 1 other copy. The others you can use for souls/skill feeding.

The two other Prologue cards most suited for Ghroth are Abhoth and Yibb, the others aren't very good in Ghroth.
A fusion is good, but Diarmuid isn't great outside of a Earth team. The Antlers+Red Noses fusion would be better, but it can be difficult to max the skill level.

I would not invest in Norse as there are way more recent leaders that require fewer resources to get to the level the current meta is at.

ID: 40 944 239  
Allies (All/Dbl Max): Darkness, Aqua, Kurama
Other Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELDW), Hiei, Vishnu, Brahma, Azathoth, Daoloth, PR Haza, etc.
Thanks for replying,
so basically i need to pull something useful for Daoloth, aka Pluma from friend seal right? Maybe give some try to the seal of the carver for Copper Bullet?
I'll farm the xmas fusion, but what about leveling Aloha and mixing it up with all Abhoth, not worth it again? Abraham the same?

One last thing, i purchased a 6diamond pack and I can redeem one Servant of Dragon, i waited to get Novalis because i was looking for an Azatoth drop that never came.. I should prioritize him anyway instead of Barbara? Huh Huh Huh
(12-30-2017, 02:26 AM)HypesAndShafts Wrote: Thanks for replying,
so basically i need to pull something useful for Daoloth, aka Pluma from friend seal right? Maybe give some try to the seal of the carver for Copper Bullet?
I'll farm the xmas fusion, but what about leveling Aloha and mixing it up with all Abhoth, not worth it again? Abraham the same?

One last thing, i purchased a 6diamond pack and I can redeem one Servant of Dragon, i waited to get Novalis because i was looking for an Azatoth drop that never came.. I  should prioritize him anyway instead of Barbara? Huh  Huh  Huh
Well if you want a strong Daoloth team you'll need to get more cards, no way around that. Pluma is great but Copper as a member is a bit meh. His active is useful to get out of tricky situations but the CD is way too long so I wouldn't say he's really a mainstay, more of a situational pick or if you have nothing better. But, obviously you cannot obtain Fenrir right now so any good light dragons, beasts and elves are welcome really. 

Aloha is meant to lead a beast druid team. Technically you can set him with Abhoth members but the recurring actives really don't help him at all, especially when they don't stack. You'll find rune drought a common problem with that team as you have no converters and bursting would be a problem as well. Abraham is ok in that he doesn't restrict race but the multiplier is a little low for today's standards. His recovery is great though, so it can work as a pseudo grind team, but again, rune drought will be a problem since you have no short converters. 

I really don't know how to answer your last question though, it's up to you I guess? Novalis is pretty useless without a strong dragon leader and Barbara has little worth as a member. You'll have to weigh them against each other and see which one you prefer. What's wrong with your Ghroth team though? If you can farm the reindeer fusion you'll have a pretty good Ghroth setup, which seems to be your most complete team right now. If you're worried about not having more team variations right now you shouldn't be. These things take time and you'll be able to build more teams eventually. You already have a good foundation in Daoloth and Ghroth and this patch is far from over. We'll likely see more cards tailored to suit the rares meaning there's still hope of you being able to improve upon your Daoloth team in the near future
PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
Nothing wrong, i felt only the lack of a heart converter, and because of that Daoloth team even if gimped as hell could sneak me into victory, but you're right it takes time, i just wanted to know if some units were actually ok to level.
First of all welcome to ToS! Hope you've been enjoying yourself!

Based on the recent news, all the seal lords will come back during the 5th anniversary (In around 27 days), so there's you have your best chance at acquiring PR Lunar and PR Solar at that time, so I think you can invest to Double Max Daoloth right now (I'm sure just Daoloth leader and ally can clear Lunar and Solar Nightmare stage very easily). You can also try to max Honor for now as a quick converter for your Daoloth team (Use Light Gnome as feeder before you PR it!) and hope you can draw Pluma on the way. So with Daoloth(L), Honor, Daoloth(A); you can pretty much clear the whole story stage until the 7th seal with ease and save up diamonds for special draw event (people are saying a new black card will come out during Chinese New year).

Another option is you can run a Groth team, which is very beginner friendly. Just run Groth(L)+ Yibb, Abhoth, Daoloth, Groth +Groth(A) and you have a pretty great team already.

Other than that, as other people have said, it takes time, so just hang in there! Also remember to max the skill lvl of your Source of Engraving cards before you evolve it, as most of them can be maxed quite easily with feeder cards. If you need a double max Daoloth ally, you can add me, I'm online daily: 12526682
(12-30-2017, 10:56 PM)attanond Wrote: First of all welcome to ToS! Hope you've been enjoying yourself!

Thanks! you were already on my FL, running max Daoloth aswell now. I'm at the 8th atm, still clearing with ease

new year's draws got me: Rose, Sun Qan, Tristan, Perseus

i think i'll do a couple more and start saving for new stuff is the better thing
One point if you're playing the long game (TOS is headed into its 5th anniversary) is to only strategically sell duplicate diamond draws. It's almost always better to expand inventory space than it is to decompose duplicates to make room. This is even more true now that the materials inventory gives you essentially unlimited space for evolve materials which used to occupy the main inventory. If you're drawing each new seal to completion you will likely get numerous common duplicates and then it makes sense to just keep 4 (generally the unevolved form ends at skill 10 so you can feed one into another to get an evolved skill 12 card) to end up with two skill maxed of each card. In general it makes sense to keep two skill maxed duplicates of every card for various later challenges where you can't reuse cards, specific stages that benefit from that skill etc.

That being said, some of those cards may eventually get to the VR stage which if it follows the norse pattern, you can use an unevolved card in place of multiple evolve materials. However, most of the specific seal draw series have not even gone through PR yet so who knows if the game will still be around by then or if you'll still be playing TOS. So you may opt to keep more duplicates, just realize it may be for very minimal utility once you get beyond 2 cards.

It's best not to decompose rare draws ever since you never know when those cards may be tweaked, etc. and many times they work just as well as members and not just leader cards.

Also consider:
- duplicate norse for VR materials as opposed to multiple horners
- duplicate starters/dragon spiritors (and it looks like Chinese gods) for dragonware materials (note that you can make dragonware of each DC type, i.e. connection, destruction, etc. so you may need multiple depending on how detailed you want to get)
- harpy substitutes when you've got enough souls and when you draw that 6th and 7th unjust soldier out of a seal draw

Keep in mind these suggestions are based on the ability to generously expand inventory space with diamonds and that you're doing enough diamond draws where inventory space becomes an issue.