Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on what to focus, return to TOS after 3yrs of inactivity.
As the title above, i came back to TOS after 3 years ++ because i have no other nice game to play. 
So much has changed and im totally lost. I would appreciate if anyone could summarize me on what to focus or to do in order to continue this game. 

This is my old deck that i have in my inventory.

Dark - Loki, Odin, gemini, PR endor, baphomet, moonlight dragon, Novalis, Malphas,valkyrie, Unjust soldier, noctimetallic dragon, shen gongbao, devourer of the lacerated moon,                     saruman, dark paladin and my newest draw Hiei.

Light - elf queen, Nian, nathaniel, honor of the dragon follower,  resolute samurai, eostre goddess, dormouse round table, lumintallic dragon, holy ethe dragon, devourer eclipsed sun, Yan, luna 

Water - Ursula, carrie, dagon, Leif, matthew, Vepar, Charon, great mother of lust, catuea &ravniss, Urd, bogle

Fire  - Poppy, fire vamp, fire skuld, chtugha, Hong yue, Tyran queen of heart, diablo, pyrometallic dragon, hephaetus, santa claus, armstrong city taker

Earth  - Nidhogg, Hertz, byakhee, geironul, queen of sarmatians, zhu bajie heavenly marshall, Yang jian, dragon spiritor earth,  terrametalic dragon,  caterpillar remonstyrator, freyja,  athena, verdandi, 

I know my cards all are old cards and mostly arent relevent anymore, but can it survive or build a meta deck based on my cards?

Oh and i used to uyse my dragon deck as main, nidhogg, ursula, novalis, light dragon spitor n dark golem. Also my not so complete old mono deck. Thanks

[Image: c2eb0a4f.jpg]
Current dragon deck

[Image: 3cdfaad2.jpg]
Current mono dark.

Need Water DS, PR Loki & Daji ally, refer my siggy for ID,
Regular ally will be PR Loki, Dark DS, all EDs and Nidhogg, change upon request.

Hiei appears to be your best leader at the moment. Ideally you'd want to fit as many dark/fire demons as you can to get the most out of his leader skills, and with human/elves swapped in for utility. Off-color demons are fine too if they have a useful skill. Hiei doesn't have a team skill when using dual Hiei, so you can also consider allying Ghroth in certain situations where you might need his active skill.

Today (20th July) is also the rate up day for the Yu Yu Hakusho seal, so you might want to draw a few if you can spare the diamonds. Even if you don't get the rares, the commons can be useful as boosted members in the Arena (read below) for your Hiei team.

There's a new game system called the arena, where you can get a bunch of free dimes every week. Some background on the arena:
1. The arena starts at 12 noon everyday, and this is also when your vigor refreshes (5 vigor daily).
2. Every time you challenge an arena, you use up 1 vigor, and are given a score based on various factors (base score, time taken, max # of combos, max damage on the final round, etc).
3. By going to the "Challenge arena" section, 5 random arenas will be listed, and you can choose which ones to battle. If you encounter an easier arena, it is possible to spend all 5 vigors on the same arena. You can also refresh the listed arenas up to 2 times if they are all difficult. Alternatively, any individual arena that is conquered or has its "remaining time left" reduced to 0 will be automatically replaced with a new one.
3. At the end of the week, the top 5 scores from each day (Monday to Sunday) is added up, and this will determine your rank and any rewards that you'll get for that week. Click here for the wiki page with a table listing out the ranks and rewards.
4. When the next week starts,  your rank will drop by one, and you'll start with whatever score points that was necessary to reach that rank. E.g. Warlord will drop to Diamond and start with 45,000 score points. King rank is an exception to this, and will drop 2 ranks down to Warlord.
5. This means that for players new to the arena, they'll only be able to reach King rank in the week after first reaching Legend since they'd be starting with zero score points, wheres players currently in Legend/King will start with 65,000 score points.
6. At the start of a new game version patch (the trend now is every 6 weeks), everyone gets reset-ed to zero points / Bronze rank.
7. As you play the arena, you gain experience and your arena level (not your arena rank) will increase. There are rewards for gaining levels, but more importantly is that your base score when challenging an arena increase. (from 1000 to 1450, if I'm not wrong).
8. Scoring tips - (1) max damage is only calculated from the final round, (2) max no. of combos will be taken from whichever round had the most, (3) 100 score points gets taken away for every extra round you don't kill the enemy, (4) using any active skill will use up your score points based on the active's cd multiplied by 10, e.g. using a cd6 skill will cost you 60 score points.

Arena tips since you have Hiei:
1. Use Hiei as your team leader, and ally a (maxed cd) Ghroth.
2. Fill up the team with "boosted" members (these add +10% each to your base score, up to +60%), made ideally from dark/fire humans/demons/elves (if you've gotten other Yu Yu Hakusho cards from the seal, they are likely to remain as boosted cards for the next 3 weeks). Boosted off-color is better than non-boosted dark/fire.
3. The basic strategy is to just use Ghroth's active to one-shot every round, and for the fifth and final round to additionally use Hiei's switch (switching doesn't consume points). Note that it is important avoid specific arenas that contains stages where Ghroth's active won't guarantee a 100% kill.
4. If you can find an easy enough arena to challenge, and are confident in one-shot-ting every round, then go ahead and ally another Hiei instead for the extra +10%.

You can also get Lionels from the arena, which after evolving (there are different "branches" of evolution in this instance, each leading to a different colored Lionel) that can be used as a pretty good F2P leader card by allying Khaos (NM stage card).

Soulstones/evolve materials/etc have a separate inventory now. Click the gears at the top right, then "Storing Materials" to shift them all there. Note that any cd maxed honeymons/etc will be reset.

Certain older cards can be farmed in the Lost Relic Registry (notable ones include the RGB sprites, who can be PR-ed now)

Other notable cards from your inventory:
1. Gemini - After PR, there is an additional AR (Awakening Recall) stage that gives him an chargeable, unreset-able x6 self attack.
2. Novalis/Ursula - They are core members for player with an Azathoth (dragon leader) team.
3. Odin - can be VR-ed (Virtual Rebirth), though requires 5 Draupnirs. Good member for VR Norse teams, though requires high investment.
4. Luna - The ML-Luna pair is still used in some teams e.g. Maya, VR Apollo, etc.
5. Hephaestus/Athena - Greeks can be VR-ed now, and their skydrops are more stable.
6. Circe (queen of sarmatians) - still a useful enchantress.
7. Hertz/Yang Jian - Fast team boosters after AR-ed.
8. Starters (endor) - can equip craftable Dragonware that gives them a boost.

ID: 39,040,287
Main ally: Terry

(07-20-2018, 04:13 PM)johnnyTOS Wrote: Hiei appears to be your best leader at the moment. Ideally you'd want to fit as many dark/fire demons as you can to get the most out of his leader skills, and with human/elves swapped in for utility. Off-color demons are fine too if they have a useful skill. Hiei doesn't have a team skill when using dual Hiei, so you can also consider allying Ghroth in certain situations where you might need his active skill.

Today (20th July) is also the rate up day for the Yu Yu Hakusho seal, so you might want to draw a few if you can spare the diamonds. Even if you don't get the rares, the commons can be useful as boosted members in the Arena (read below) for your Hiei team.

There's a new game system called the arena, where you can get a bunch of free dimes every week. Some background on the arena:
1. The arena starts at 12 noon everyday, and this is also when your vigor refreshes (5 vigor daily).
2. Every time you challenge an arena, you use up 1 vigor, and are given a score based on various factors (base score, time taken, max # of combos, max damage on the final round, etc).
3. By going to the "Challenge arena" section, 5 random arenas will be listed, and you can choose which ones to battle. If you encounter an easier arena, it is possible to spend all 5 vigors on the same arena. You can also refresh the listed arenas up to 2 times if they are all difficult. Alternatively, any individual arena that is conquered or has its "remaining time left" reduced to 0 will be automatically replaced with a new one.
3. At the end of the week, the top 5 scores from each day (Monday to Sunday) is added up, and this will determine your rank and any rewards that you'll get for that week. Click here for the wiki page with a table listing out the ranks and rewards.
4. When the next week starts,  your rank will drop by one, and you'll start with whatever score points that was necessary to reach that rank. E.g. Warlord will drop to Diamond and start with 45,000 score points. King rank is an exception to this, and will drop 2 ranks down to Warlord.
5. This means that for players new to the arena, they'll only be able to reach King rank in the week after first reaching Legend since they'd be starting with zero score points, wheres players currently in Legend/King will start with 65,000 score points.
6. At the start of a new game version patch (the trend now is every 6 weeks), everyone gets reset-ed to zero points / Bronze rank.
7. As you play the arena, you gain experience and your arena level (not your arena rank) will increase. There are rewards for gaining levels, but more importantly is that your base score when challenging an arena increase. (from 1000 to 1450, if I'm not wrong).
8. Scoring tips - (1) max damage is only calculated from the final round, (2) max no. of combos will be taken from whichever round had the most, (3) 100 score points gets taken away for every extra round you don't kill the enemy, (4) using any active skill will use up your score points based on the active's cd multiplied by 10, e.g. using a cd6 skill will cost you 60 score points.

Arena tips since you have Hiei:
1. Use Hiei as your team leader, and ally a (maxed cd) Ghroth.
2. Fill up the team with "boosted" members (these add +10% each to your base score, up to +60%), made ideally from dark/fire humans/demons/elves (if you've gotten other Yu Yu Hakusho cards from the seal, they are likely to remain as boosted cards for the next 3 weeks). Boosted off-color is better than non-boosted dark/fire.
3. The basic strategy is to just use Ghroth's active to one-shot every round, and for the fifth and final round to additionally use Hiei's switch (switching doesn't consume points). Note that it is important avoid specific arenas that contains stages where Ghroth's active won't guarantee a 100% kill.
4. If you can find an easy enough arena to challenge, and are confident in one-shot-ting every round, then go ahead and ally another Hiei instead for the extra +10%.

You can also get Lionels from the arena, which after evolving (there are different "branches" of evolution in this instance, each leading to a different colored Lionel) that can be used as a pretty good F2P leader card by allying Khaos (NM stage card).

Soulstones/evolve materials/etc have a separate inventory now. Click the gears at the top right, then "Storing Materials" to shift them all there. Note that any cd maxed honeymons/etc will be reset.

Certain older cards can be farmed in the Lost Relic Registry (notable ones include the RGB sprites, who can be PR-ed now)

Other notable cards from your inventory:
1. Gemini - After PR, there is an additional AR (Awakening Recall) stage that gives him an chargeable, unreset-able x6 self attack.
2. Novalis/Ursula - They are core members for player with an Azathoth (dragon leader) team.
3. Odin - can be VR-ed (Virtual Rebirth), though requires 5 Draupnirs. Good member for VR Norse teams, though requires high investment.
4. Luna - The ML-Luna pair is still used in some teams e.g. Maya, VR Apollo, etc.
5. Hephaestus/Athena - Greeks can be VR-ed now, and their skydrops are more stable.
6. Circe (queen of sarmatians) - still a useful enchantress.
7. Hertz/Yang Jian - Fast team boosters after AR-ed.
8. Starters (endor) - can equip craftable Dragonware that gives them a boost.

Thanks ! Thats help alot especially which card are still relevents.

And whats ur suggestion then? Should up hiei or focus on dragon ursula/novalis? I stil dont have aza tho.

Current dragon deck

Current mono dark.

Regular ally will be PR Loki, Dark DS, all EDs and Nidhogg, change upon request.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Hiei teams right now; you don't really have any good Demons at all, let alone Fire/Dark ones, and slotting in Humans (like Starters) isn't nearly as effective. But he's got EXP boost (100% Brilliant/Perfect) and his skill feeder is easily farmable (Puu, drops from the current Jin biweekly and purchasable in Coliseum) so it'd be better to max him now rather than later.

VR Hephaestus and VR Athena are both very good leaders that can carry you far without synergistic members, so I would focus on those.
Athena | Nidhogg | Hertz | Geironul | Yvette + Athena would be what I'd run (max Yvette via Lost Relic Pass Registry).

AR Gemini + AR Luna also makes for a good pair that fits in various setups. The idea is to charge up Gemini's AR multiplier, which Luna then allows you to share with all other Gods/Demons. Luna's AR skill is also very nice to have.
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
(07-20-2018, 09:02 PM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: I wouldn't pay too much attention to Hiei teams right now; you don't really have any good Demons at all, let alone Fire/Dark ones, and slotting in Humans (like Starters) isn't nearly as effective. But he's got EXP boost (100% Brilliant/Perfect) and his skill feeder is easily farmable (Puu, drops from the current Jin biweekly and purchasable in Coliseum) so it'd be better to max him now rather than later.

VR Hephaestus and VR Athena are both very good leaders that can carry you far without synergistic members, so I would focus on those.
Athena | Nidhogg | Hertz | Geironul | Yvette + Athena would be what I'd run (max Yvette via Lost Relic Pass Registry).

AR Gemini + AR Luna also makes for a good pair that fits in various setups. The idea is to charge up Gemini's AR multiplier, which Luna then allows you to share with all other Gods/Demons. Luna's AR skill is also very nice to have.
Ohh that earth team seems nice! But need to max the skills of the cards is a pain.
Should i focus AR gemini? As his skill i already maxed it last time. And what other cards can i blend with in with gemini and luna?
Current dragon deck

Current mono dark.

You don't really have any leader cards that can make use of Gemini right now (except maybe Loki, but without VR Odin it won't be quite as good), and you'd also need to clear a relatively hard stage in order to AR him.

It's true that you currently don't have any good dark/fire demon members for Hiei, but I'd still max him simply for the Arena. Any of the human/demon commons from the Yu Yu Hakusho seal will work fine as members in the arena, and once you're able to reach Legend III, you'd be able to earn an extra 8 diamonds every week..
ID: 39,040,287
Main ally: Terry

Btw guys, any other way to get aza? Other than draws
Current dragon deck

Current mono dark.

Currently he is only available through drawing, earlier this year there was a draw that allowed people to choose an Element/Race combination and choose from a selection of cards, but it was for the anniversary and so likely will not be back soon. You might wanna save dimes for the black card draw, if you haven't already heard about that. 10-draws are usually the most efficient way to fill in your inventory if you're still missing a lot of cards.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(07-21-2018, 03:41 PM)Fauxy Wrote: Currently he is only available through drawing, earlier this year there was a draw that allowed people to choose an Element/Race combination and choose from a selection of cards, but it was for the anniversary and so likely will not be back soon. You might wanna save dimes for the black card draw, if you haven't already heard about that. 10-draws are usually the most efficient way to fill in your inventory if you're still missing a lot of cards.

Ohhhh, alright. Then what about the soul exchange thingy? I saw aza in it
Current dragon deck

Current mono dark.

(07-21-2018, 03:51 PM)jasper91 Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 03:41 PM)Fauxy Wrote: Currently he is only available through drawing, earlier this year there was a draw that allowed people to choose an Element/Race combination and choose from a selection of cards, but it was for the anniversary and so likely will not be back soon. You might wanna save dimes for the black card draw, if you haven't already heard about that. 10-draws are usually the most efficient way to fill in your inventory if you're still missing a lot of cards.

Ohhhh, alright. Then what about the soul exchange thingy? I saw aza in it
It's only a skin. Some cards like the Ethereal Dragons are actually available for purchase but most of the newer cards are just skins.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|