Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in team building (please)
Hello all!
I need some advise about deck building.I am new in this game (1-2 months) so my spinning is not so good, but I am learning. I am currently switching between Rose team (Rose+Paperwhite+Hyacinth+Mysorensis+Strelitzia) and KOF team (Athena{lead}+Kim+Chizurua Kagura+Sie Kensou+Mai). I know that I can replace some of them with what I have, but I didnt maxed them yet. I need any advice about what decks I can build.
Thanks in advance !!!!  Big Grin
This is what I have so far:

Water cards:
Yuki-onna(5*)
Pontos(5*)
Florice(6*)
Priestess of Flawless Purity Xi(7*)
Sie Kensou(6*)
Cornflower(6*)
May Lily(6*)
Fylgja(7*)
Molly(4*)
Qinglon(5*)
Icigon(3*)
Urd(3*)
Dreamer Matthew(6*)
Gretchen and Heisenberg(5*)
The Komainu of Guidance(5*)
Aloha(5*)
Flute of Magic Power(6*)

Fire cards:
Tyr(5*)
Nezha(6*)
Var the Embodiment of Vows(6*)
Abadon(5*)
Amaterasu(6*)
Mai(6*)
Sakura(6*)
Sean(4*)
2xZhuque(4*)
Skuld(3*)
Paladin(4*)
Cerberus(4*)
Magrence(4*)
Agatha(6*)
Phanes(5*)
Rococo(6*)
2xRosemellow(5*)
Umbrella of Bloody Tears(6*)
Paxton(5*)

Earth cards:
Paperwhite(6*)
Domon(5*)
Geironul(5*)
Izanagi(5*)
Gareth(5*)
2xKim(6*)
2xChizuru Kagura(6*)
Xuanwu(3*)
Verthandi(5*)
Circe(5*)
Haza(5*)
Birdcage of Relentless Resentment(6*)
Liu Bei(5*)
2xWelwitschia(7*)
Ogier(5*)

Light Cards:
2xStrelitzia(6*)
Mysorensis(6*)
Jiang Ziya(6*)
2xNathaniel(2*)
Baihu(3*)
Idun(4*)
Marguerite(3*)
Galio(5*)
Minamoto(5*)
Jack the Gentleman(5*)
The Komainu of Fortune(5*)
Imanotsurugi & Usumidori(5*)
Camera of Precios Flashes(6*)
2xArthur(5*)
Terry Bogard(6*)
Noah(6*)

Dark cards:
Rose(6*)
Hyachinth(6*)
Diaochan(6*)
2xAthena(6*)
Taotie(3*)
Valkyrie(3*)
Odin(7*)
Castor &Pollux(5*)
Novalis(4*)
Tuchigumo(5*)
Mastema(5*)
Wawel(5*)
Izanami(5*)
Poker Queen Judith(5*)
Smokin Mirror – Tezcatlipoca(7*)

OK. Very first before anything else: Why are you not using Mai as the leader of your KOF team? I just feel like this needs an answer lol.

I'll pretend I didn't see it and just talk about the rest. So, you have a pretty good inventory for a newbie, I dunno if you rerolled or just got lucky during this black card period, you've got some really great leaders. Unfortunately, very sparse in the way of members.

Per element your strongest leaders are:
Water - Priestess Xi, Cornflower, Pontos
Fire - Abadon (well actually he's not great, but his PR is coming out soon)
Earth - Izanagi
Light - Arthur
Dark - Mastema (same as Abadon, not great, but she'll be better soon)
Rainbow - You already mentioned Mai and Rose. Sakura is an option also but you've missed a lot of potential boosters for her that came out this patch. You can always play the weird gimmick version, of course, but if you're brand new it's a long road to AR Gemini who is absolutely necessary for that.

I've disincluded some meta leaders like Tyr, Amaterasu, and Haza which are strong but have pretty complicated teams to build which you have very few to none of the components for. You can attempt them if you really want, but I can't recommend going for it when you have a lot of other options. I think Amaterasu is the most doable of these, so if you're interested in that, just ask.

You are in that position where you have some very good cards but not quite enough to fill one team without having this kind of a ragtag, thrown together look to it. I mean, even your current teams are kinda that. I think your easiest build right now will be Izanagi, who is a card who is strong precisely because he works really well no matter how ragtag your team is, as long as you're a half-decent spinner. A team of Izanagi - Circe - Haza - Chizuru/Welwitschia - Domon/Geironul + Izanagi would get you though a lot.

Then I think you are unusual in having drawn into a lot of water, which is a problem element for a lot of people (well, unless you got Atlantis,). Those three leaders... they all have their problems. And putting them next to Atlantis exacerbates those problems. But you can fully build a functional strong team with them, in fact, with all of them in the same team. They do have very different playstyles. I recommend maxing Priestess Xi (I'm so used to calling her Water Bride) first, because she's black platinum so her stats are great for her own or the other two leaders' parties, she may get a buff if enough people whine about it, and she's just a good converter/booster, and you should probably work on training up some bread and butter converters who can be used on multiple teams.

High heal team: Xi - Cornflower - Molly - Gretchen Fusion + Xi
High damage team: Cornflower - Xi - Florice - Molly - Aloha(Filler) + Cornflower
High combo team: Pontos - Cornflower - Xi - Florice - Molly + Pontos

Otherwise, just keep collecting cards. Try the Origin of Demons teams when they PR next month. It'll become apparent what's useful and what isn't as you play more.

UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
Your answer is consistent and detailed. You are a great help Big Grin, thanks.
I wanna know about amaterasu team too, if you have an advice about it.

(11-27-2017, 05:00 AM)Fauxy Wrote: OK. Very first before anything else: Why are you not using Mai as the leader of your KOF team? I just feel like this needs an answer lol.

I'll pretend I didn't see it and just talk about the rest. So, you have a pretty good inventory for a newbie, I dunno if you rerolled or just got lucky during this black card period, you've got some really great leaders. Unfortunately, very sparse in the way of members.

Per element your strongest leaders are:
Water - Priestess Xi, Cornflower, Pontos
Fire -  Abadon (well actually he's not great, but his PR is coming out soon)
Earth - Izanagi
Light - Arthur
Dark - Mastema (same as Abadon, not great, but she'll be better soon)
Rainbow - You already mentioned Mai and Rose. Sakura is an option also but you've missed a lot of potential boosters for her that came out this patch. You can always play the weird gimmick version, of course, but if you're brand new it's a long road to AR Gemini who is absolutely necessary for that.

I've disincluded some meta leaders like Tyr, Amaterasu, and Haza which are strong but have pretty complicated teams to build which you have very few to none of the components for. You can attempt them if you really want, but I can't recommend going for it when you have a lot of other options. I think Amaterasu is the most doable of these, so if you're interested in that, just ask.

You are in that position where you have some very good cards but not quite enough to fill one team without having this kind of a ragtag, thrown together look to it. I mean, even your current teams are kinda that. I think your easiest build right now will be Izanagi, who is a card who is strong precisely because he works really well no matter how ragtag your team is, as long as you're a half-decent spinner. A team of Izanagi - Circe - Haza - Chizuru/Welwitschia - Domon/Geironul + Izanagi would get you though a lot.

Then I think you are unusual in having drawn into a lot of water, which is a problem element for a lot of people (well, unless you got Atlantis,). Those three leaders... they all have their problems. And putting them next to Atlantis exacerbates those problems. But you can fully build a functional strong team with them, in fact, with all of them in the same team. They do have very different playstyles. I recommend maxing Priestess Xi (I'm so used to calling her Water Bride) first, because she's black platinum so her stats are great for her own or the other two leaders' parties, she may get a buff if enough people whine about it, and she's just a good converter/booster, and you should probably work on training up some bread and butter converters who can be used on multiple teams.

High heal team: Xi - Cornflower - Molly - Gretchen Fusion + Xi
High damage team: Cornflower - Xi - Florice - Molly - Aloha(Filler) + Cornflower
High combo team: Pontos - Cornflower - Xi - Florice - Molly + Pontos

Otherwise, just keep collecting cards. Try the Origin of Demons teams when they PR next month. It'll become apparent what's useful and what isn't as you play more.

Hi, Fauxy Smile 

Does Izanagi cync with VR Domon? Is it possible to find yourself in a situation where Domon converts heart runes that were converted by Izanagi?
Add me: 81,887,899
Got Izanagi as a leader.
Can set upon request: Amaterasu, Dancer of blazing flames - Yan, Abadon, Azazel (other OoD will be available later).
Yeah, swap Mai in as leader. Ally Kyo or Iori. Spin 4 rune columns. That's basically the setup for a strong KOF Babylon team, I don't think there's a point to running KOF otherwise.

For Rose/Sakura, you should pick up Cactus this week. You should be able to get a slvl 5 copy by completing the Beginner level of his stage 5 times. A good Elf booster to make up for the ones you've missed. I'll also say that I prefer Cornflower over Hyacinth in my Rose team, since he gives utility + easier to spin board + damage boost.
Yao Hou from one of the Pili Puppet SMs this Friday is also something that you may want a copy of. She has defense breaking snipe and board explosion, so she's a very useful utility. Not necessary though, so if there doesn't seem to be a good low diamond way of clearing for you, I'd say you should skip, since you already have Cornflower for board explosion.

Amaterasu requires Fire or God members and that you dissolve >= 15runes of one type for the most damage. Amaterasu teams tend to bring big converters so you can trigger the extra damage for a burst. The ones that would work that I see in your inventory are Roccoco and Nezha (technically VR Tyr also counts), but I don't see many other good cards for a fire team in your inventory.

@Dominator
I've used AR Domon in an Izanagi team a couple of times, but I've never seen them conflict. I don't know if it's because it never happens, or if it's because I don't bring Domon enough to ever see it though. Domon isn't that useful for Izanagi since you already have a lot of earth runes converted and Domon prioritizes heart conversion, which isn't great for you.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Have:
- Abraham, VR Elizabeth, Guan Yu
- Chessia, Nobunaga, Mai Shiranui
- Izanagi, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi
- Lu Bu, Rose, Khaos
...and others...
(11-27-2017, 05:52 AM)salecu Wrote: Your answer is consistent and detailed. You are a great help Big Grin, thanks.
I wanna know about amaterasu team too, if you have an advice about it.

You know I actually just realized you can't have rerolled if you have a KOF team so I dunno why I said that lol.

Agnesi said it already, Amaterasu has one of the (the?) highest natural multipliers in the game but you need to be dissolving 15 runes of the same color at once to achieve it. She has a few specific converters made for her that help her achieve this like Kongo Yasha Myoo and Perseus. Rococo is decent for it but you have to know how to spin, any full board into one color (Scrooge, Hades, I guess Sloth if you're running Ama/Diaochan) works but is more useful in situations where a stage is short enough to burst all the way through so you can take advantage of Ama's CD reduction (Most of these have max CD at 10, making them instantly available at the start of the stage). Two color into one converts like Nezha and Tyr are okay, but not the most ideal since they don't guarantee 15. Amaterasu is a pretty strange leader who is immensely overpowered in some stages and barely usable in others due to her shotgun and reload style of play. You can go full burst with her, the infinite stall team with two Kongos and two Poppies, grind into burst with Ama/Diaochan and AR Pollux, or just pure grind with Ama/Wukong.

(11-27-2017, 06:33 AM)Dominator Wrote: Hi, Fauxy Smile

Does Izanagi cync with VR Domon? Is it possible to find yourself in a situation where Domon converts heart runes that were converted by Izanagi?

I wrote a more complicated reply to this that I lost due to a very brief power outage, but long story short, I think it's possible but it's not likely to happen and it doesn't matter so much, it's just one rune. I don't have Domon though, so you probably should take Agnesi's word for it.
UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
Thanks guys! Yeh, I thought that Domon is far not that best choice, is just that AR sounds interesting :p
Add me: 81,887,899
Got Izanagi as a leader.
Can set upon request: Amaterasu, Dancer of blazing flames - Yan, Abadon, Azazel (other OoD will be available later).
Thanks for the elaborate answers @Fauxy and @agnesi Big Grin
KoF teams have incredible utility, if you put Mai as leader and can spin columns of 4 all the time, that can take you through majority of story content and ultimate stages.

They have so much converts/heals/dmg reduction/burst that it can enable you to score greatly on most of arenas and do difficult stages, especially if you ally kyo, all members get -2 max cooldowns which is huge and really helps stalling at hard stages. Their new ameliorations give 20% attack boost on some members, which is also a big thing, as you can do 5-8 million dmg per round only by spinning in such a team without actives.