Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Personal Rant/Boohoo Thread About Not Getting YanXi and the Game. So Sad
Before you start throwing money to the new seal just for these two rather rare cards; both being the new water Xi and fire Yan, stop and please read this first. I know this might not means anything whatsoever, afterall the money are yours truly and I am no one to tell you what to do with your life and what you should do. The purpose of this thread is just to give you insight, so hopefully you would be a better spender and making a wiser decision.

Before I start, I would like to tell all of you that I just spent a total of 150 bucks for this exclusive seal. Why? Temptation. Yes, I admit that it was not a rather wise decision. So I hope you don't ended up like me. 150 to some might not be a lot. I'm pretty sure some even spent more greater than this. But it's just number. Even a small number might be so important to someone on making a wiser decision.

The result? I did get tons of great new god and demon cards. But I have no luck on getting the new water Xi (that I anticipated and wish I could get) nor the fire yan. It was devastating. Feeling devastated, I cursed MH for somewhat being greedy to milk tons more money for these two cards. Were these two cards game breaking? Probably. Was it worth it? Maybe. Note to everyone, I will not retract what I said to MH for being a douchebag for doing this. They used to be better. I always feel that MH is good company but not until now. 

Now before you pull the new seal cards, hold for awhile. Let's talk about do you necessary need to pull this seal or should you just keep the money and hassle for good. Also, I will cover the current state of this game.

1. First of all, there are tons of card in the seal belonging to both god and demon race. When I said tons, reaching hundred even.

2. The chance to get those two exclusive cards is rather slim with abundant amount of god and demon race cards. Though I'm pretty sure you probably know this.

3. Tower of saviors has been a very long and old standing game. Which means, there are other tons of game in the market. Any old games will eventually die, slowly. People need a change of wind, many more interesting games to play etc are much factors as to why old game dying out and community shrinking. 

4. As of now, there are not many players like how this game used to be. Gone are the days when it's easier to get allies. You have lots of active players and guilds around. Nowadays, many had left. Even the "used to be really active" players. 

5. Unless of course, your guild or your social circle in the game is filled with hardcore players, you might not even get the chance to try the new cards ESPECIALLY the water xi as a leader of your team to a full potential.

6. Why? First of all, the fact that these two new yan and xi are too rare to get coupled up with tons of demon and god cards.

7. Secondly, the dying community. Don't get me wrong we still have lots of player around but just not a lot like it used to be. Due to this, the chance of getting ally to try out your awesome water xi team getting lower.

8. Thirdly, as time goes by new team will be developed.

9. Lastly, there is abundant amount of potential teams in the current game. Barb+nidhogg, primal gods, idk..lots. The chance even slimmer due to this. Remember babylons? I couldnt even find athrasis now to use daily. There are just too many people playing too many different teams. Luckily lucy team is still viable.

10. However, it worth mentioning, unless of course you and your guild/friends are bunch of hardcore players, you might not have these problems.

So to sum it up, is it worth it to pull the new seal?

- Yes, if your intention is to look out for more god and demon cards. Personally I'm looking for poseidon if I ever want something from this seal. But this seal made me get a complete set of the new primal gods (lol). RGBLD. All of them. LOL! I guess I don't feel that devastated at all. I managed to grab some good demon cards too. I hate those northern gods like swegde etc. Waste of time to get them. AND MY MONEY! Grr.

- Yes, if you're hardcore player where you feel anxious for not collecting these two exclusive rather rare and waste of money xi and yan cards. 

- Yes, if you are blessed to have guild and friends that are hardcore who don't mind to flaunt money on MH's face.

- Yes, if you're happened to be just rich, so why not?

- No, if you are a player who just want to try your luck on getting the new cards so you start buying diamonds because why not.

- No, if you're casual players who just want to try your luck to be P2W/P2P for the first time because of the new cards

- No, if you're not blessed to have hardcore guild/guildies/friends.

- No, if you already have most of god and demon race cards.

Overall , I am going to say this seal is worth it if your intention is to get some god and demon cards in it. It's not worth it if your sole reason to try this seal is just to get your hands on the new two yan and xi card.

I'm pretty sure there are 87 cards in the seal and 127 in all of diamond seal so no, it doesn't reach into the hundreds.

Also, I share your opinion, I'm personally drawing from this seal to see if I can grab some Origin of Demons and Primal Greeks (one draw only so far and it was Beelzebub). Hunting down Aether, Luna, and Azazel. The way I see it, if I get YanXi it would be nice but it's not my focus. Aside from its high multiplier there's nothing really special about the cards imo and I'd rather have Aether (even higher multiplier and potential for kicking @$$) or Luna (to go with Beelzebub + dual ML).

Giveaways from my Daji rerolls can be found here. No longer rerolling because I now have Daji on my main account.

Just returned after a 1-year hiatus.

Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally VR all max Artemis)
Wow the amount of dislike from the new Yan Xi vid is insane...

I feel like the God/Demon Draw is a good idea, but not with the new Yan Xi. It is driving people crazy on how low the chances are on getting those 2. I think they should be available in some form of Ultimate Stage, that would be better as most people can obtain it. Yan Xi had always be a weekly, so.....

I never intend to buy dimes for this. I only use dimes to draw, strengthen my teams, expand in card pool, farm, and have fun. This is a PVE game, as long as I beat it, its cool. It may be hard for me since as F2P, I may not have the cards I want, but if I beat the content, it makes my day Smile

In my opinion, the new Yan Xi are just a step ahead of the current Meta, you can see the damage is slightly above CP Enchantress, Origin of Demons. There is no point in drawing, other than the fact that slightly newer players like me can get some better endgame leaders, to strengthen my teams.

Anyways, MH tried to earn free cash from Yan Xi's Wedding, but failed badly... If the Seal had Gods only, that would be hard enough, but with God and Demons... Come On MH, God and Demon are like the only cards you put in the diamond seal (barely other race). This game is old, it is slowly declining, but many new players still join.

Even if I were p2p, I would think about, all the new cards I can get, and do some draws to get new cards for my teams, not for getting the top back plat cards for brag purposes, as I said again, this is a PVE game, not PVP.

As for me, the Seal is AWSUM! Notable draws
Aether
Pontos

ID: 25923781
Looking for: Freyr, Aether, Ninurta, Namtar, Artemis, Beelzebub, Barbara, Apollo, Pontos, Chessia, 
Main Allies: (Double Max+ unless stated) Aether, Freyr, Ninurta, Artemis (CD12), Lucy (CD16), Pontos
Level 237

(07-19-2016, 09:29 PM)TheCatGod Wrote: I'm pretty sure there are 87 cards in the seal and 127 in all of diamond seal so no, it doesn't reach into the hundreds.

Also, I share your opinion, I'm personally drawing from this seal to see if I can grab some Origin of Demons and Primal Greeks (one draw only so far and it was Beelzebub). Hunting down Aether, Luna, and Azazel. The way I see it, if I get YanXi it would be nice but it's not my focus. Aside from its high multiplier there's nothing really special about the cards imo and I'd rather have Aether (even higher multiplier and potential for kicking @$$) or Luna (to go with Beelzebub + dual ML).

Theres 81

2 Yan Xi
5 Greek
5 Norse
1 Egyptian
3 Investiture
3 Asgard
5 Blood Fiend
5 Immortal Fiend
5 Immortal Fusion
12 Zodiacs
5 Youkai
5 Fairytales
5 Keeper
5 Origin Demons
5 Ancient Greek
5 Wine Valk
5 Babylon
Looking for: Freyr, Aether, Ninurta, Namtar, Artemis, Beelzebub, Barbara, Apollo, Pontos, Chessia, 
Main Allies: (Double Max+ unless stated) Aether, Freyr, Ninurta, Artemis (CD12), Lucy (CD16), Pontos
Level 237

Anyone who wants to get a decent leader should draw from this seal, period. You're drastically increasing your chances of getting a useful leader (primal, Greek, origin of demons, new Yan xi, dipankara, Babylon) which would help out quite a bit with regards to team diversity. If I'm not mistaken there are around 80+ cards in the seal, not reaching 100 as you mentioned. To be honest your thread seems to be more of a rant for the narrative that you've been holding with regards to draws and MH.

I've mentioned the same thing to you before regarding allies also. Any guild with a semi developed member base will have more than sufficient allies for you, not to mention unlimited uses also. There are still quite a number of guilds out there readily available for you to join with ease that will provide you with the allies you need. You don't actually need to be a hard core guild to have allies ready to use. Not to mention I don't find it that hard to find allies as you've mentioned (and I still use Greek, Babylon, etc) You certainly make team diversity sound like a bad thing...

I can't, however, deny that there may be an issue of a dying community, but whether or not it is just the forum or the game itself I can't say for sure.

Edit: also, just to add on, it's not that I agree with the limited time release for Yan xi, (assuming it doesn't come back) but what I do believe is that this seal still offers a good opportunity to players nonetheless.
ID: 60302480

Allies available: Inanna (All Max), Dumuzi (All Max) PR Apollo (All Max), PR Virgo (All max), VR Freyja (All Max), Stolas (Ame II), Huang Fu Duo (Max lvl, Ame IV), PR Yang Jian (Max lvl, Max CD), PR Athena (All Max), Beelzebub (All Max), Samael (All Max) Jia Rou (Ame IV, set on weekends), Satan, Guan Yu, Lu bu. 
(07-19-2016, 09:39 PM)deathexe Wrote: Anyone who wants to get a decent leader should draw from this seal, period. You're drastically increasing your chances of getting a useful leader (primal, Greek, origin of demons, new Yan xi, dipankara, Babylon) which would help out quite a bit with regards to team diversity. If I'm not mistaken there are around 80+ cards in the seal, not reaching 100 as you mentioned. To be honest your thread seems to be more of a rant for the narrative that you've been holding with regards to draws and MH.

I've mentioned the same thing to you before regarding allies also. Any guild with a semi developed member base will have more than sufficient allies for you, not to mention unlimited uses also. There are still quite a number of guilds out there readily available for you to join with ease that will provide you with the allies you need. You don't actually need to be a hard core guild to have allies ready to use. Not to mention I don't find it that hard to find allies as you've mentioned (and I still use Greek, Babylon, etc) You certainly make team diversity sound like a bad thing...

I can't, however, deny that there may be an issue of a dying community, but whether or not it is just the forum or the game itself I can't say for sure.

Edit: also, just to add on, it's not that I agree with the limited time release for Yan xi, (assuming it doesn't come back) but what I do believe is that this seal still offers a good opportunity to players nonetheless.

I apologize. Perhaps it's my shortcoming on writing that you failed to understand the point of the thread. If this is just a sole purpose of ranting and bashing about draws and MH, I would've wrote it in anger and frustration with lots of tantrum. I would've not summing this thread of what's its all about, whether someone should or should not draw it 'depending on the true intention of said person', and I would have been biased that no one should ever pull from this seal at the end. However, instead I mentioned as to what reason they should and should not pull from this seal. I also mentioned that this is no way of me telling everyone what they should do. I told everyone that the sole reason of the thread is to give an insight to them. This is beyond such low and waste of time thing to do like bashing MH and ranting about bad draws. This is more than that. I guess it's beyond your reach of understanding to comprehend. Looking at your allies I'm sure you fall on the category of the "blessed one's aka of what I mentioned hardcore player with hardcore social circle".
I think it just comes down to your mindset and reason for playing the game, TBH.

If you just have to own every top-tier team as it rolls out, then you must also accept the fact that you will probably have to be a hardcore P2P player. If you can't accept that, then you step down into the F2P or casual/semi-P2P player. You can rant, but that's the reality of it.

I haven't been able to consistently clear Odin's NM stage until the last time it opened, which is a year and a half since it was first introduced. Is it an accomplishment relative to the game? Probably not, given the likes of the Eighth and Ninth Seal. But it's a personal accomplishment, and I know I'll get all warm and fuzzy when I PR my Odin.

It may not seem like it, but you always have a choice. Pay up and stay at the forefront of the game or give up and pick up the scraps. I do the latter and I'm still enjoying the game. If you expect nothing, you won't be disappointed.

I also agree with deathexe's point about taking advantage of this event if you're a newbie, considering that most of the series are leaders of teams that are anywhere between half-decent to top-tier.

EDIT: FYI, 'you' in this context refers to anyone, not you in particular.
[Image: aJD4LR0.png]
me, me Smile
a near F2P with 400+ days login

believe there're no cards that cant live without them... whether how hard the stage is, ppl will always come out with alternate/creative teams to clear that. for example, the coming weekend Owl sm... not only Dragons, even can clear with Demons... Smile and dont worry cant get current strong cards coz MH wont stop releasing stronger and stronger ones. and this YanXi... not to mention 100 dimes and not sure whether get one... 100 dimes for sure 1 draw i wont do it... how many months must i save for that... not even for ML if ML were a dime draw card :/

regarding purchase dimes... believe if near F2P... just purchase 6 dimes once for the sure draw new series will be nice. even purchase only on new leader series is enough.... my purchased net me Abadon and Erebus. Erebus makes me possible to pass Yog sm with dimes... and Yog... very very good Smile i dont need every new cards... have is good, dont have now just wait... of coz F2P is ok as well... 2015 i purchased nothing.

i prefer to show some supports here and there to games that i like. and this is not the only game i play... another game that i spend money on and playing now... Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm... darn 1 in game mount can cost $9.99... and recently just purchased one. dont like to dump lots of money in a game in case get dumped. the game get dumped by me, not the other way around :/

some ppl spend money in games, some in hobbies, in movies.... well, spend whether you see worth... i spend on food and some would say... why on food while all the foods will ultimately end at 'one place' Big Grin
RXWing / 48,740,450 / Lv360+
My Teams (30 Aug) / Inventory (16 Oct) / Replays
(07-19-2016, 09:39 PM)deathexe Wrote: To be honest your thread seems to be more of a rant for the narrative that you've been holding with regards to draws and MH.

(07-19-2016, 09:54 PM)Sweetheart Wrote: I guess it's beyond your reach of understanding to comprehend. Looking at your allies I'm sure you fall on the category of the "blessed one's aka of what I mentioned hardcore player with hardcore social circle".

...I don't see why we have to argue over the merits of this thread. The way I see it, this thread serves as a useful general overview of the new seal and whether or not to draw from it. You both mentioned that there are many good leaders other than the new YanXi and that's very true, that's why I'm drawing from this seal.

Regarding "hardcore social circles", so what if you don't have infinite use allies for every single team you use? Stock up on allies for your main team(s) and use that team, it's not like you're gonna need more than 3-4 teams on a daily basis. On the occasions where you need to complete achievements just pop 400k coins. I'm lacking DBK allies and Ao Guang allies as I'm in a small level 6 guild. So what? We're a casual guild and I don't envy those in the top guilds. What's important is that I genuinely enjoy playing and chatting with my guild, and even if we don't get top rewards every GE and I'm lacking some allies, it's just a game and the point of a game is to have fun. Hardcore players might find fun in competitive play for guild rank and in spamming seals for all the hot new cards. Fine, that's their choice and if they enjoy it, then they're getting enjoyment out of the game. That's good. But I'm not rich, so I find fun instead in meeting new friends and advancing slowly, seeing how far my f2p endeavors get me. In my opinion, even if I don't have the hot new cards such as this YanXi, it feels pretty damn good being able to pass 9th seal being an f2p.

My point is, I know your post isn't a rant. I just see no reason to insult deathexe and classify him as a "hardcore player with hardcore social circles", because it sounds as if you're doing so with an insulting tone.

This thread has been thrown off topic, and perhaps I am guilty of extending the off topic discussion but I felt it necessary to attempt to relieve this tension in the conversation with third party intervention.
Giveaways from my Daji rerolls can be found here. No longer rerolling because I now have Daji on my main account.

Just returned after a 1-year hiatus.

Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally VR all max Artemis)
(07-19-2016, 09:54 PM)Sweetheart Wrote:  Looking at your allies I'm sure you fall on the category of the "blessed one's aka of what I mentioned hardcore player with hardcore social circle".

I disagree, any guild that is decently active have enough allies is a good guild. No Ally, No problem dump 400k, I currently have 10 million gold+, and I only spend on stuff to ease farming, or crafts that are beneficial. My guild has many less popular leaders, including Blood Fiends, for an example. I can also just seek ally through guild, usually only 2-3 ppl on at a time, but they will change their Ally. I don't have any sort of communication between my guild except for forum and in game chat, and I feel I'm doing fine.
Level 237