Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mother of dragons
Taurus doesn't play nice with Daji's active. Daji looks better on paper, but play around with it and you'll see that Daji is not always the best ally. This dragon has lots of life, a fast active, and a high initial multiplier. All of these three cover the 3 biggest weaknesses of Jackie glass cannon teams. Daji may do more damage initially, but that's all she brings to the table. Her active is useless with Taurus, and her HP doesn't help you survive any hits.

Previously abra kadabra, but ate some shit and evolved.
I still rather use dual Jackie because I want the bloody team skill.

[Image: 4q32gx.png][Image: s4w491.png]

BE A WOLOLO TODAY!
Regarding Chen Fu vs Mother of Dragons as a mono Fire leader:

The small number of people using Chen Fu is not an indicator of how this new dragon will be used.  I think the real reason nobody uses Chen Fu is because that was the hardest SM created to date, and 9/10 players were not able to obtain it...

Narfmaster 15481009 ENFU Div4
Level 295, 825 days and counting

Favourite Teams:
[Image: Cyborg%20Duo_zpszg4jfws6.jpg]
Allies:
 [Image: Allies_zpsrm8xpezw.png]
(04-14-2015, 06:34 PM)narfmaster Wrote: Regarding Chen Fu vs Mother of Dragons as a mono Fire leader:

The small number of people using Chen Fu is not an indicator of how this new dragon will be used.  I think the real reason nobody uses Chen Fu is because that was the hardest SM created to date, and 9/10 players were not able to obtain it...
I digress. Douman made him easy as a baguette.

BE A WOLOLO TODAY!
[Image: image.png?w=420&c=1]
Copyright © 2013-2017 Vasquez. All Rights Reserved. "Maybe Tomorrow" ® and all affiliated phrases are registered trademarks of Vas Corp.
(04-15-2015, 01:46 AM)Aoki Lapis Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 06:34 PM)narfmaster Wrote: Regarding Chen Fu vs Mother of Dragons as a mono Fire leader:

Chen Fu is released 1 week after Douman. Not many people have trained Douman yet that time. (Forget about those super P2P player, they max everything on the same day it released)
Available Cards:
[Image: ho8FMRF.png]
ID: 43061313
(04-14-2015, 04:10 PM)Aoki Lapis Wrote: I still rather use dual Jackie because I want the bloody team skill.

The team skill is useful, but it's rarely used. On one hand it's:
1) rarely used team skill
2) never used active
3) 3.5x multiplier with 3 rounds of charge up time. risk of accidentally resetting multiplier to 0
 vs
1) 5 CD active
2) can hit 15,000 life with three fiends
3) 3x multiplier. no charge up time
(04-15-2015, 10:17 AM)alakazam Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 04:10 PM)Aoki Lapis Wrote: I still rather use dual Jackie because I want the bloody team skill.

The team skill is useful, but it's rarely used. On one hand it's:
1) rarely used team skill
2) never used active
3) 3.5x multiplier with 3 rounds of charge up time. risk of accidentally resetting multiplier to 0
 vs
1) 5 CD active
2) can hit 15,000 life with three fiends
3) 3x multiplier. no charge up time

FYI the most common situation you'll need the team skill is to fry any opponent who poses an immediate threat to you and your family. Specifically, sub-bosses on Lost Relic stages. Asides, usually you'll also throw on an active skill during a sub-boss and need to recharge. Since you're exhausting your multiplier, you have more time to stall and recover, since the subsequent mobs after a sub-boss are usually just trash you can hold off on.

Asides, it only takes 3 turns to recharge to max after exhaustion. That's like a no-cost active skill that destroys almost anything.

Your point about accidental activations, while true, isn't enough reason to not to work around it. The quote, "With great power comes great responsibility" may be cliche but its always valid. Teams like Sirius and Astaroth have the highest power in the game, but they have a drawback to them that makes them function as they are. If you work well and around them, then you're practically unstoppable.

The active skill, while sparse, is good for those situations where you need to kill off like an entire trio of enemies but MH wants to screw you by having only 3 fire runes. But if you criticize Jackie's skill, then why do people still use Hades and PKOE? Its just good, you don't have any other reason not to use it.

If I wanted to use Momma of Dragons, then I'll just use him as a follower to both my health like a boss. If I wanted a leader with conversion effect, then I want Chen Fu.

RGB Blood Fiends, are without doubt, one of the most powerful mono teams in existence.

(04-15-2015, 03:35 AM)Arigato Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 01:46 AM)Aoki Lapis Wrote:

Chen Fu is released 1 week after Douman. Not many people have trained Douman yet that time. (Forget about those super P2P player, they max everything on the same day it released)

I hope several people realize how Douman has won like 10 MVP awards at this point for being able to spearhead several brutal stages with the survival rate of a Russian. If that doesn't merit a reason not to get him, I don't know what will, lol.

BE A WOLOLO TODAY!
(04-13-2015, 02:58 AM)alakazam Wrote:
(04-12-2015, 05:42 PM)cariniosa Wrote: I always use my hun chieftain on my dual pr bell together with domon/diarmuid fusion. The passive will just be a waste if no will use it. Sometimes, i even put my max cd tengu to make the stalling easier, the hp will become low though

I sometimes reach a miniboss just as Taurus and Medea come up, where I will pop the PR bloodfiend passive if I am lacking fire runes on the board. On the next stage, I'll I use one of my Chen fus to ensure a 1-hit kill, and then the other Chen fu for the turn after that. By then, Jackie will be back to 300% for the following turn, and my Chen fus can recharge.

I guess in your case, Circe and PR Belle's actives can take the place of Taurus and Medea. Although the leader skill is back to +0%, two boosters and a fully charged converter is usually enough to kill the trash mobs that follow a mini-boss
What i meant in tengu is not stalling on thrash mobs but stalling on the boss/mini boss itself, think of stages like trans. It makes a really good getaway from situations where youll end 100% dying on the turn itself, unless, ofcourse, against poison mobs.
[Image: kq57vpk]
It looks more like a leaf than a feather, the previous ones looked better too lol. too lazy to care so...

click THIS and THIS if you wanna see my previous sig
Bell and Athena. Looking for Circe/Bell/Athena/Freyja ally
(04-15-2015, 10:41 AM)Aoki Lapis Wrote: FYI the most common situation you'll need the team skill is to fry any opponent who poses an immediate threat to you and your family. Specifically, sub-bosses on Lost Relic stages. Asides, usually you'll also throw on an active skill during a sub-boss and need to recharge. Since you're exhausting your multiplier, you have more time to stall and recover, since the subsequent mobs after a sub-boss are usually just trash you can hold off on.

Asides, it only takes 3 turns to recharge to max after exhaustion. That's like a no-cost active skill that destroys almost anything.

There's no reason to reset your multiplier to 0 if you can use a CD 5 converter instead. Why would you risk dying? If a miniboss comes after medea + Taurus are active, then you should be 1-shotting it anyway. Unless you lack runes, resetting your multiplier at that point is just dumb. Stalling 3 turns is impossible given that you're at 13,000 life with Medea active. Getting hit over 8k will probably kill you.

Now if you ran Dragon Mama, you'd have a 5 CD active to blow. And when Taurus + Medea come on, you're still over 30x multipliers. It's less impressive number wise than double Jackie's 37x, but it will still 1-shot everything. And you'd be sitting at 15,000 life.

(04-15-2015, 10:41 AM)Aoki Lapis Wrote: The active skill, while sparse, is good for those situations where you need to kill off like an entire trio of enemies but MH wants to screw you by having only 3 fire runes. But if you criticize Jackie's skill, then why do people still use Hades and PKOE? Its just good, you don't have any other reason not to use it.
I never criticized Jackie's active. I only said it's never used. Taurus' active at CD 8/10 makes it impossible to use.

(04-15-2015, 10:41 AM)Aoki Lapis Wrote: RGB Blood Fiends, are without doubt, one of the most powerful mono teams in existence.
duh