Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mono team basics
This is my first attempt at a guide. I see a lot of threads asking about building mono teams and people asking the creators of other guides to suggest easier to get teams or lower cost teams so I thought I would create something to help out. The 2 most important parts of a mono team are the leader/ally combination and the converters. Here is a brief, basic rundown of what they do.
*Note: I use the lowest evolution picture because it is the one people will most likely get/see first*

Leaders:
[Image: 1a2rBWz.png]
Greek: For every 3 same element runestones dissolved, 1 enchanted runestone of the same element will drop. Dual Greek leaders is a must for a Greek team.
Norse: Provides a 200% elemental ATK multiplier. A dual Norse team will have 400% ATK. I included Odin here for a special mention. If you use him will dual Norse leaders (above lvl 50 max evolve) he will take on the same element as the leaders (dual Tyr will make Odin become a fire card). If he is on a team with any Norse god (not required to be leader), they will get a hidden ability in which all heart and opposite runes become enchanted runes of the Norse gods element (a Tyr and Odin will create enchanted fire runes). Odin can also be a Tumblr leader for a dark mono team.
Egyptian: Massive increase in same element attack on opposite enemies (seth will increase fire ATK on earth element enemies) The actual modifier is 300%, when using dual Egyptian leaders the ATK is 900% on opposing element enemies only. This set up is great for special battles where only the opposite element will spawn.
200% ATK, 150% RCV: Kind of self explanatory, often paired up with Norse gods or any other 200% attack leader. Virgo (light) is VERY often paired up with Minamoto.
Special Leaders: Minamoto is unique in that he makes dissolving heart runes provide 50% light damage, a leader and ally will boost that to 100%. While that sounds cool, he is most often paired with Virgo. He also has a light damage multiplier of 150%. Fox Queen Daji adds 75% damage per combo, basically each combo, minus the first, will provide 100% damage (5 combos will be 400%, 10 will be 900%). Pairs up will with any dark 200% damage leader. Most commonly used with Loki, since Odin is already dark and therefore does not need 2 Loki to make him more effective.
200% ATK Will boost elemental ATK by 200%, most often paired with any other damage multiplier leader.

Defense Mode Converters:
[Image: kib1dbS.png]
These will convert runes of the opposite element into heart runes. Many people forget about the slimes but they are easy to get, easy to max the cool down on, and when they are in the 4* form convert the runes into enchanted hearts. Gemini also make enchanted hearts.

Fight Mode Converters:
[Image: tfvrrJ9.png]
These will convert heart runes into rune of the same element. Pisces and Capricorn have a different skill, but they still convert other runes into same element runes so I threw them in here.

Special Converters:
[Image: 7K9HlQc.png]
Shift: Converts opposite runes into same element runes.
Lucky Cure: Converts 3 runes into hearts, if there are any opposite type runes it will change those first. The cool down gets as low as 3 and you have a chance to use the skill immediately after (this can happen multiple times, completely luck based)
Dual Shift: Turns heart runes to same element, then opposite element into heart runes. The same as using Fight mode then Defense mode converters.
Command: Turns opposite and heart runes into same element runes. The same as using Defense Mode then Fight Mode Converters.

Direct Damage Team Members:
[Image: 6s1KiaQ.png]

Damage Boosting Team Members:
[Image: gK5GCQV.png]

Utility Skill Team Members:
[Image: hi9L6Sf.png]

Let me know what you think of how I have categorized the team members, if I should add some, or move any. I left out some that I didn't think went too well with Mono element teams, but I may have simply forgot some too. After I make adjustments I will write descriptions for them. TY!

Please feel free to let me know if I forgot something or if I can edit something to make it a little easier to understand and follow. I am not an expert of all the mono decks out there, but I wanted to make something to help people out. I wish I had know the slime and gnome became converters after evolving when I first started. It seems like all the guides focus on the super mega awesome teams, but this is more meant as a "here is what is available in case you don't have a super rare converter" guide Wink Good luck!

Great guide! Missed out on Red DS being an offensive converter.
Defensive dragons also farmable but generally not included in mono decks but worth a special mention?

(11-19-2013, 06:19 AM)Huat Wrote: Great guide! Missed out on Red DS being an offensive converter.
Defensive dragons also farmable but generally not included in mono decks but worth a special mention?

TY, I knew I forgot another converter, I'm going to be redoing the converters. Since there are so many I'm going to separate all Fight mode and all Defense mode, it may be easier to follow that way. I was debating on the defensive dragons, I'll go ahead and add them with the farmable members, no harm in including them.

You also forgot etereal dragons(fire, water, earth). Odin can also be a convertor but he belongs in a special category.
[Image: f6777928.jpg]
This is a great start and something that is really needed in general. However I don't think mono is only about the cards. It's also about the playstyle. How the synergies work. In what order to use the cds. The strategy of saving specific runes and cds. Placing the resulting stones so they don't end up as a giant blob and so on.

Short version: It needs a followup guide on how to actually play with one of these setups. Smile

Other than that it's great.
Another comment for the team setup. Apart from the leader and converters, need to include the dmg multiplier.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
I actually made a word document chart detailing monos earlier.

Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5CNjoPxmqDQa1hYWTZrUFEtVEE/edit

The colour looks weird, but press the print button to produce a nicely coloured version.

@Kurp yeah I agree that the guide should have something about the synergy of the team, but there's so many combinations...the possibilities are endless!!! Smile
ID: 21083064
Will accept everybody who sends a request. LF Athena, Lucy, Cao Cao, and especially Lu Cheng-Syuan for soul grinding.

Most used leaders:
Ootengu, Innana, Athena, Apollo and other out-of-meta leaders because my draw luck is garbage  Dodgy
(11-19-2013, 06:43 AM)Kurp Wrote: This is a great start and something that is really needed in general. However I don't think mono is only about the cards. It's also about the playstyle. How the synergies work. In what order to use the cds. The strategy of saving specific runes and cds. Placing the resulting stones so they don't end up as a giant blob and so on.

Short version: It needs a followup guide on how to actually play with one of these setups. Smile

Other than that it's great.

This is a bit more advanced than what I was aiming for. I can add some tips on using the cooldowns, but it may be more effective if some earth, fire, and water experts made advanced guides like the dark and light guides Nightcat made. I will add some common team members and why they are useful (like you shouldn't use a fiend squad member with a Greek team), but I'm on my tablet right now, I'll do that when I get home.

(11-19-2013, 09:09 AM)shue249 Wrote: Another comment for the team setup. Apart from the leader and converters, need to include the dmg multiplier.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I plan on going more in depth in leader combinations and advantages. I will also include hidden abilities and bonuses. I ran out of time and had to go to class.

(11-19-2013, 10:14 AM)Zomus X Wrote: I actually made a word document chart detailing monos earlier.

Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5CNjoPxmqDQZTVGWmRfSWcxaWc/edit

The colour looks weird, but press the print button to produce a nicely coloured version.

@Kurp yeah I agree that the guide should have something about the synergy of the team, but there's so many combinations...the possibilities are endless!!! Smile

Nice document, I wasn't sure how I wanted to address the other options for team members, like you said there are so many options. I will probably be breaking that down to either what they provide (contol, damage reduction, damage boost, ect) or break them down by element (list all the earth together, all water together, ect). What do you guys think would be better?

(11-19-2013, 06:34 AM)Xifansibai Wrote: You also forgot etereal dragons(fire, water, earth). Odin can also be a convertor but he belongs in a special category.

Ty, I added the EDs, I will include a special mention of Odin when I go into hidden abilities of Norse!
Basically, the basics of Mono decks are:

1. A worthy leader - Any cards that has at least x 200% element attack are worthy. Eg. Norse gods

2. Element of choice converter - Any cards that can convert an element (or 2 elements) to the element of choice. Eg. Baphomet, Ao Guang

3. Heart converter - Any cards that can convert an element to hearts. This might not be a necessary card if your element of choice converter is a dual (convert 2 elements to element of choice) converter. Eg. GSOF, GSOD

4. Damage amplifier - Any cards that active skills amplify (multiply) the damage even higher. This might not be necessary since the raw damage of mono deck is very high already, however this aid to create a even more powerful burst. Eg. Enchantress, Cat duke Fiend Squad.

The examples i give are just some cards which i can think of at the moment i type this. TS has most of the cards examples.
[Image: bcccafb4.jpg]

[Image: 508b103d.jpg]
Good guide, but green Enchantress give 150% DMG and 150% RCR