Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meta Discussion
hello, it's come to my attention that many times, those that come seeking for help in the forum ask about the meta. i thought that it would be better to just start a sub-forum for the meta, and everyone can contribute.

the meta discussion will help all players, since even old experienced players are unsure of the meta involving teams. needless to say, for new players, this would be a great help as well.

basic format to follow:
first state the team type it would classify under, followed by the leader, and members accordingly, and lastly, the ally.
for example: [RGB] Guan Yu | Sean | Medea | Circe | Liu Bei | Guan Yu

if you happen to not know the team types:
[RGB] | [MONO] | [GRIND] |

if i happen to miss out on anything, please don't hesitate to post and let me know, since this will help me edit the list.

START OF META LIST:

{WATER}

{FIRE}

{EARTH}

{LIGHT}

{DARK}

Sub-Meta teams that still have relevance, but are not as strong as those listed above:

{WATER}

{FIRE}

{EARTH}

{LIGHT}

{DARK}

please note that this list is non-exhaustive, and also subjective, so if anything is not included here, it's not our fault.

this will require the contribution of the TOS community, and everyone can help Smile

-[AOD]AshBringer
UID:68208270

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just saying, but there is no fixed OP team.. so.... just put the team Leader/Ally with Components

for example, TSZ Mina Fusion, or Bee ML

ID: 25923781
Looking for: Freyr, Aether, Ninurta, Namtar, Artemis, Beelzebub, Barbara, Apollo, Pontos, Chessia, 
Main Allies: (Double Max+ unless stated) Aether, Freyr, Ninurta, Artemis (CD12), Lucy (CD16), Pontos
Level 237

do you mean key cards? i understand that there can be variations of the same team, e.g guanyu but without zhangfei, things like that?
if possible, we can list the keycards in each team, by adding in <KC> in front of the card, then adding <VC> in front of the variant cards, for example. would that work?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There'd be too many variants. Just thinking about converters that can go into basically any team in their color that isn't race limited. Better to skip mentioning cards like that entirely and only mention the cards that are highly recommended or actually literally necessary for teams to work.
UID: 86478773
2Max Leaders: Maya, Erebus, Ophiuchus, Amaterasu, Aloha, Rose.
1Max (CDLV10+): Chessia, Barbara.
LF: Hot Nidhoggs and Ophiuchuses in my area. Other leaders matching mine OK too, but those especially at the moment.
I like the idea of this thread!

You know, before doingthe first draw/repelling guide (I should probably update it sometime) I had the idea of making a few leader type guides (Norse, Greek, Babylon, Blood fiends) by making a discussion thread and seeing what people generally used to then get an idea of what it is commonly put in the teams (for example, a few short CD converters or high impact converters or mini burst, etc).

Anyways, back on topic I will start with one of the most used leaders, Izanagi.

Izanagi is a strong Earth leader with good multiplier and passive rune generation that makes him one of the best mindless farm leaders in the game (Terry is better for story stages but he is not so mindless). His leader skill also makes heart runes have the effect of earth giving his team more attack runes but aldi making it harder to stall because healing also launches attack.
Izanagi's active is a fixed board converter that makes 16 enchanted earth runes and 14 heart runes always on the same pattern making it really easy to dissolve 27 attack runes (15 enchanted) and 8 initial combos by doing a simple pattern (check the fixed board converter spinning patterns for this pattern and more!) which can work as a burst of its own and you get two of this active at CD 8 each.
Focussing in utility and burst for the members is possible thanks the Iza's active and passive conversion, members that have lasting effect active (like Circe, Yashiro, Fury) are great because stalling is not always an option. Because the passive conversion can take away runes needed to bypass enemy skills, bringing a protagonist type active can solve a few of this situations.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
This is what I've been thinking to do on my meta thread, but I didn't have time until today to post it Tongue
[Image: zu27X6A.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: All Norse Gods, Chessia, Abraham, Barbara, and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
A sub-forum for meta discussion would be very nice, IMO. I'm thinking one thread for each team archetype, so that the discussion is focused. Returning people can look to the thread for their favourite teams to see how the meta's changed for that particular archetype, and the front page of teams will roughly reflect what everyone's playing now.

I made a list of team archetypes a while back, but this doesn't quite reflect Tier 1-3 teams, just the archetypes that exist in general.

Schemas
Fate Sisters (Norns)
Chang'E and Chang'Xi
Paladins (Paladin Overlord)
Metallic Beasts (Metazord)
Greek
Norse
Egyptians (PR Egyptians + Cyborg Companions)
Wukong
Daji
Diablo + Sprites (PR Diablo + Toys)
Saruman + Gnomes
Dual Sirius
Enchantresses
MLuna
Trojan (Pollux, SGB, X)
Novalis-Ursula
SS Ducks/Dogs
Giemsa
PR Giemsa and WFE YanXi
WFE Blood Fiends (Crimson Grace) - PR WFE Blood Fiends + Robert, Flute, Umbrella
Todd/Jack (Crimson Grace) - PR Todd/Jack + Robert, Bishop, Knap
Santa-Daji (Scrooge)
RDYJ
WZ-JZY (Water-Light: Sun Quan, Qiao Sisters, Honda)
PR EDs
Hades-Daji
Scholars!!!
BIGBANG (Regulator)
Tribal Beasts (Spiritual Civilization)
PR RGB Youkais
PR Kejourou
Tuchigumo & Dark Demons (Harley, Counselor)
Douman
Dionysus
RGB (XY, CP, Guan Yu)
Septem
MY-SKY
YWT & Light Humans (TYR, Luno, Mahonin, TOS Arthur)
HFD & LD Teams (Long Kui, Chyan)
WFE Sepulchres
Wawel-Ursula
Babylons (Anu)
PR Poppy, Carrie, Virgo
Yog-Sothoth
Glauox
Jabbanero & Baby King & Francis
Jiang Cheng/Jiang Shi-Li
Metatron
Sigurd
Druids
Boyciana
Yunyang
Barbara-Nidhogg
Ao Guang
DBK
Margarite
Lucy
Origin Demons
Pontos/Erebus
Aether
Gaia/Phanes
Water Bride
Fire Bride
Sarah/SHM
Jintaro
Tuu
Poverty
Pupuro
Suzuko
Haza
Copper Bullet
Abraham
Chessia
Satan
Bael
Samle
Lilah/Yomi
Cao Cao
3K Lu Bu
Diaochan
Katherin
PR DDs
TSZ
Rakshasa
Amaterasu
Izanagi
Tsukuyomi
Anubis
Tristan/Gawain/Lancelot
Arthur
Merlin
Nobunaga
Hideyoshi
Honda
Komatsuhime
Tokugawa
Masamune
Peryton
Stolas/Maleficent/Malphas/Yzma
Valac/Hook
Astaroth/Evil Queen
Solomon/Pete (Rapa Nui)
(New additions sinceSmile
SHJ
MWZ
YYS-YSC
Andromeda
Ophiuchus
Lynx
KOF
Cornflower
Sakura
Rose
VR Blood Fiends
RGB PR Sprites
Khaos
KaerfNomekop: 59,402,542
Grisk: 84,088,062

SM History Chart!
Active Skill Catalog! (Spreadsheet)

[Image: geBprMN.png]

If you are saying fixed slot metas, then

Bee, PR ML, PR ML, Luna, Keijorou, Bee

RD, Medea, Circe, Nidhogg, Duncan/Medusa, YJ

Loki, Odin, Endor, Gemini, SGB, Loki/Daji

Loki, Odin, Felix, Gemini/GSOD, Scorpio/Baph, Daji

Apollo, ML, Luna, Yan, Mina/Keijorou, Apollo

Lisa, Fusion/Starter/Booster, Cass, Medea, Xi, Daji

Santa, Cass, Medea, Endor, Sean, Daji

Faugn, Novalis, Ursula, 2 ED (Dagon is must have for boost with Ursula), Daji/Faugn/Wawel

RGB ED, Novalis, Ursula, Dark Golem, RGB ED, Nidhogg

TSZ, Mina Fusion, Colin, Ra/M&M TSZ

Hades, Ed, Douman, Horned King, Verd, Wukong

Diaochan, AR Gemini, Luna, Earth and Water God Demon Heart Converter, Amaterasu
Off the top of my head, there's lot more Big Grin
ID: 25923781
Looking for: Freyr, Aether, Ninurta, Namtar, Artemis, Beelzebub, Barbara, Apollo, Pontos, Chessia, 
Main Allies: (Double Max+ unless stated) Aether, Freyr, Ninurta, Artemis (CD12), Lucy (CD16), Pontos
Level 237

(11-02-2017, 08:39 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: A sub-forum for meta discussion would be very nice, IMO. I'm thinking one thread for each team archetype, so that the discussion is focused. Returning people can look to the thread for their favourite teams to see how the meta's changed for that particular archetype, and the front page of teams will roughly reflect what everyone's playing now.

I made a list of team archetypes a while back, but this doesn't quite reflect Tier 1-3 teams, just the archetypes that exist in general.

Schemas
Fate Sisters (Norns)
Chang'E and Chang'Xi
Paladins (Paladin Overlord)
Metallic Beasts (Metazord)
Greek
Norse
Egyptians (PR Egyptians + Cyborg Companions)
Wukong
Daji
Diablo + Sprites (PR Diablo + Toys)
Saruman + Gnomes
Dual Sirius
Enchantresses
MLuna
Trojan (Pollux, SGB, X)
Novalis-Ursula
SS Ducks/Dogs
Giemsa
PR Giemsa and WFE YanXi
WFE Blood Fiends (Crimson Grace) - PR WFE Blood Fiends + Robert, Flute, Umbrella
Todd/Jack (Crimson Grace) - PR Todd/Jack + Robert, Bishop, Knap
Santa-Daji (Scrooge)
RDYJ
WZ-JZY (Water-Light: Sun Quan, Qiao Sisters, Honda)
PR EDs
Hades-Daji
Scholars!!!
BIGBANG (Regulator)
Tribal Beasts (Spiritual Civilization)
PR RGB Youkais
PR Kejourou
Tuchigumo & Dark Demons (Harley, Counselor)
Douman
Dionysus
RGB (XY, CP, Guan Yu)
Septem
MY-SKY
YWT & Light Humans (TYR, Luno, Mahonin, TOS Arthur)
HFD & LD Teams (Long Kui, Chyan)
WFE Sepulchres
Wawel-Ursula
Babylons (Anu)
PR Poppy, Carrie, Virgo
Yog-Sothoth
Glauox
Jabbanero & Baby King & Francis
Jiang Cheng/Jiang Shi-Li
Metatron
Sigurd
Druids
Boyciana
Yunyang
Barbara-Nidhogg
Ao Guang
DBK
Margarite
Lucy
Origin Demons
Pontos/Erebus
Aether
Gaia/Phanes
Water Bride
Fire Bride
Sarah/SHM
Jintaro
Tuu
Poverty
Pupuro
Suzuko
Haza
Copper Bullet
Abraham
Chessia
Satan
Bael
Samle
Lilah/Yomi
Cao Cao
3K Lu Bu
Diaochan
Katherin
PR DDs
TSZ
Rakshasa
Amaterasu
Izanagi
Tsukuyomi
Anubis
Tristan/Gawain/Lancelot
Arthur
Merlin
Nobunaga
Hideyoshi
Honda
Komatsuhime
Tokugawa
Masamune
Peryton
Stolas/Maleficent/Malphas/Yzma
Valac/Hook
Astaroth/Evil Queen
Solomon/Pete (Rapa Nui)
(New additions sinceSmile
SHJ
MWZ
YYS-YSC
Andromeda
Ophiuchus
Lynx
KOF
Cornflower
Sakura
Rose
VR Blood Fiends
RGB PR Sprites
Khaos

I like the idea of a subforum with a thread per archetype and a stickied directory thread rather than one thread with a full infodump. That way everyone can really contribute on their own time instead of waiting on a masterthread held by one person. Also, if these writeups turn out anything like the TSZ guide and if we have to explain every ideal member for a team, this could get real unmanageable real fast.
UID: 86478773
2Max Leaders: Maya, Erebus, Ophiuchus, Amaterasu, Aloha, Rose.
1Max (CDLV10+): Chessia, Barbara.
LF: Hot Nidhoggs and Ophiuchuses in my area. Other leaders matching mine OK too, but those especially at the moment.
+1 to KaerfNomekop and Fauxy.

It would be REALLY useful for us people who like the game but don't have the time/drive to do the proper research. Just as Oriceles' analyses.