Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Madhead Appreciation Thread
Madhead is rebalancing jackpots next patch, buffing things like SunCe, Honda, Lynx, HeXiangu, actives of Xiao Hou Du, Sakura, etc.

These types of Quality of Life adjustment makes me thankful. 

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(08-03-2018, 08:07 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Madhead is rebalancing jackpots next patch, buffing things like SunCe, Honda, Lynx, HeXiangu, actives of Xiao Hou Du, Sakura, etc.

Youtuber Aaron Yxy mentioned thst SunCe's buff would be the highlight for this buffing batch

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

(07-29-2018, 12:26 AM)johnnyTOS Wrote:
  • Free diamonds from the arena
The arena has been around for more than 1 and a half years now, and so if my calculations aren’t wrong I must’ve already gotten about ~800 free diamonds just from playing the arena alone. Before its introduction, saving up diamonds for a rate up was much harder with just the 5 free diamonds every week, which meant that spending any of it for things like refilling stamina was a much harder decision to make. Though nowadays it can sometimes be a chore to do, I’m still glad MH made this weekly thing, and not seasonal like the the JO/Coliseum, etc.

Arena is just a shore, kinda annoying to do as well.

Yet I agree with all other statements, many text typos of the translations are going to be fixed soon as well.

I just wish they could improve the rewards give, sometimes a harpy is not enough for a transmigration for example.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(08-07-2018, 02:05 AM)Daniel Sim Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 08:07 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Madhead is rebalancing jackpots next patch, buffing things like SunCe, Honda, Lynx, HeXiangu, actives of Xiao Hou Du, Sakura, etc.

Youtuber Aaron Yxy mentioned thst SunCe's buff would be the highlight for this buffing batch

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, his buff is twofold, his minimum damage (that which comes from off color runes) increases by 40%, closing the gap a bit between using swegde or some other card to burst and average spinning, also his total combo count and survival increases with the change from 4 to 2 rune dissolve for hearts. This second change lessens the burden for those that got SunCe but missed Kula from KoF. All in all it will be nice.

XHD as was pointed by another poster in the current patch thread is also a recipient of a hefty damage boost, from 54x to 77.76x that is a bigger constant damage buff (44%) while she also got her buff turned into less awful (it was unquestionably the worst enchantress effect in the game), add Ubume and she may eclipse Zhurong as top jackpot of the Imperial Warlords II patch. She cannot fit Kyo as naturally as Zhurong, but she has an easier time fitting demons... I wish I had her to give her a spin or two...
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(08-07-2018, 10:55 AM)Oriceles Wrote: Arena is just a chore, kinda annoying to do as well.
Agree on this one. I wish there was a form of Arena that wasn't so dependent on time and cardpool.

Quote:Yet I agree with all other statements, many text typos of the translations are going to be fixed soon as well.

Is this something they mentioned? :o

I'm withholding my comment until the new Void chapters and 10th Seal are released, just in case, but it's obvious where I'm going already - keeping a storyline engaging and constantly expanding over ~6 years is no small feat, and MH has produced something that's somehow still coherent and in-depth throughout.
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
I know this is a positive thread and therefore i will not comment on how boring and repetative arena is and how the 10th seal will basically be impossible to beat most likely and how the age of iron/iron age is a complete waste of time for the crappy Stith card. Hopefully u get what i mean when i dont comment on these things.

I will comment on how i like the helpers and hel. I wont tolerate any comments on how impossible hel's stage is or how hard it was to get through all the stages to reach seal8 with its wonky system of regalia. Dont even bring these hard facts up in conversation because this is not the place for it.
(08-08-2018, 01:01 AM)jtsmith Wrote: how the age of iron/iron age is a complete waste of time for the crappy Stith card.

Free diamonds for 45 stamina at max and  a lot of stages for 25. That's like soooo, sooo bad..

Hel stage difficult? I'll only say Git Gud. That stage was challenging but not hard before, now with stuff like gon/yusuke that aren't affected by the reset it's a cakewalk. 
My only complaint with that stage was it's one day availability.

(08-08-2018, 12:18 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 10:55 AM)Oriceles Wrote: Arena is just a chore, kinda annoying to do as well.
Agree on this one. I wish there was a form of Arena that wasn't so dependent on time and cardpool.

I think we are loosing perspective here. Arena is a bonus to promote new cards /reward you for your time. It's not a handout. Tell me another game where you can get 10 premium currency for like what 15 minutes a day?
I've been reflecting on a few of the games I play and here are some things I like about this one (no particular order):

1. Cumulative log in rewards, rather than daily ones. I frequently blow my streaks in other games by logging in 25 or 26 hours after the last log in, quite infuriating.

2. Uses for dupes. I love dragonware, please give me more crafts for it.

3. Ease of leveling up. This was not true when I started playing, but since then they've implemented: sphinx (!), more feeders generally, slot machine, stamina rewards, exp up for new series, exp up in slot machine (random), and soulstone/kfcs in basically every redeemable rewards section. I just wish they'd hand out more free souls when they give us 3 new series w/ amelioration in a row plus beast companions.

4. Free awesome crap. We truly are living through the era of free awesome crap in ToS. I'm talking all-max whatever you want, VR greek of your choice, 10 free cards, why not. I ran a Basti team for like a year after I started it (probably an exaggeration, but it felt that way). That's how I still feel in other games: I feel like I'm playing Basti with no end in sight.

There's probably a lot more, and many thing other people have said I agree with. If I had one wish...

*Free ally hire. Like, suppose for some stupid reason I want to play Madam Chyan or Meruem or Dionysus. I can bother my guild mates or pay 40K, but that seems like a lot for a lark. Maybe a feature where for the "top 40" allies you still need friends or guildmates, but everything else you can hire for free (w/ no friend point bonus or even -5 or something). I just want to play around more.
(08-08-2018, 12:18 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: Is this something they mentioned? :o

I'm withholding my comment until the new Void chapters and 10th Seal are released, just in case, but it's obvious where I'm going already - keeping a storyline engaging and constantly expanding over ~6 years is no small feat, and MH has produced something that's somehow still coherent and in-depth throughout.

Yes, well sorta, I got in contact with Madhead community manager (which also happens to be the EN translator) and in Discord we are trying to gather typos and descriptions that are not clear enough, we have until Friday to submit the document with all the fails we can find and they will be fixed in 16.0 Big Grin, feel free to leave any typo or bug you know in the new #bug-report channel.

(08-08-2018, 01:46 AM)draconian Wrote: I think we are loosing perspective here. Arena is a bonus to promote new cards /reward you for your time. It's not a handout. Tell me another game where you can get 10 premium currency for like what 15 minutes a day?

Sdorica -sunset-, Wonderland Trials pay everyday and big bonus every Monday. TOS Arena basics are about the same of Fire Emblem Heroes arena.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(08-08-2018, 01:46 AM)draconian Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 01:01 AM)jtsmith Wrote: how the age of iron/iron age is a complete waste of time for the crappy Stith card.

Free diamonds for 45 stamina at max and  a lot of stages for 25. That's like soooo, sooo bad..

Hel stage difficult? I'll only say Git Gud. That stage was challenging but not hard before, now with stuff like gon/yusuke that aren't affected by the reset it's a cakewalk. 
My only complaint with that stage was it's one day availability.

stamina for diamonds to refresh stamina is a wash when there is nothing at the end.  Most ppl dont have 3 allmax copies of every jackpot card to meet the restrictions.  it is the restrictions that make it a chore.

Hel stage was much more difficult when you only had greek to play.  Oh how you forgot about the time before perennials and prologues.  Some ppl dont press autowin on day one also so Im pretty sure we all are going to donate a few to make that stage playable for them not.

This all brings me to the appreciation that MH introduced new cards to replace useless elves, dying dragons and very limited switch cards to truly make amazing teams at the right time when it was clearly a problem.  It allows some of the playerbase to make stupid comments on how easy the game was to play from day 1 and every1 should just use PkoE as leader on new Nightmare stages when really they just get their own azz spanked until their cough up a dozen diamonds then walk away like nothing happened.

This game is challenging is another appreciation.  If you find it too easy, then you are just spending too much money.  You can change the difficulty by not spending so much.