Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOF Team discussion
Exclamation 
Am I the only one who thinks the KOF mono team is algood lol

Just wanna hear everyone's opinion on mono KOF as they have been out for a while now ??

Main problem is playstyle and lack of utility spots if you go mono KoF.

Any type of "trails" enemies can screw you harder than other playstyles, also to really keep the damage going you better bet on getting your Kyo's second active going, and that means that you better have 2 rares so that you can put Kyo next to Mai or another Kyo so that the skydrops ensures the group of 6+ fire runes that he demands.

The utility can screw you vs certain puzzle shield & penta shield enemies, and these new vortex stages are pretty much a "no go" situation, btw you better save Mai's second active for when you really need it if you are subbing Yashiro, as hers is pretty much an instant turn off of his buff :p

Mixed KoF i am giving it some tests, allying Mai + enchantresses i have had imperfect bursts of over 150m. Hopefully we get a couple sword amels and maybe one or two healing ones... stat buffs would fit more into the non rares + mai, since Kyo and Iori can get an easy 30% extra it would make it overkill for them imho.

VR: Loki, Thor, Tyr, Elizabeth, Todd, Jack, Jackie.
PR: Greeks, SDoji, Dodo, Aloha, Ra, Sirius, YJ, Saruman, Barbhogg, Inana.
Rares: Chessia, Abraham, Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Izanagi, Tsuku, M.Chyang, Nobu, Hide, Lynx, Androm, HFD, RH:LYR, YSS, YSC, LuBu.
YogS, Aether, Erebus, Gaia, Luno, Beelz, Samael, P.Sara, Sera, Shuta, Bael, SQuan, QiaoS, Masam, Draco.
For a mono KOF team, you require two Mais to be effective

Big Grin Angel

The problem with kof dupes is that they dont enjoy the -2cd. MH gave them too high cd otherwise. Two mai is no good.

Also another issue is that mai's active gets rid of water and light so gg those kof colors.

I would wait until all kof and ame comes out because this discussion may be obsolete then.
I am looking forward to the amels for the KOF guys.

Hoping for decent stat bonuses, decent swords for Kyo/Mai and I dont know what for the others.

I definitely think Terry could use a boost...I wanted him to be good since he is my favorite character from KOF.
Mono KoF is amazing damage-wise, but utility is limited by the available skills for each individual KoF card. But using KoF leaders with any tri-element team is actually pretty insane. If I just had a Mai, it would probably do even better.

Actually using mixed KoF to AR my Scorpio. I just messed up the last stage by using DC on the second to last stage instead of saving it for Mai's MAX skill.

Kyo - Scorpio - Basti - Copper Bullet - Sumatra - Mai
Actually i was wondering if you guys think it's worth to draw for more during the coming rate up (i only have kyo out of the rares but i have all non rares and most are already or soon to be dual maxed) or wait and save up more dimes for the next series instead. I'm hoping MH releases a teaser for the next patch before the rate up ends so i can hopefully make better informed decisions, but that will probably ruin their money making scheme lol.

On a completely unrelated note, i posted a thread on an AR Scorpio bug(?) but didn't get any responses so gonna try here instead. My go-to team right now is dual Ophiuchus with AR Luna, AR Gemini, AR Alma, and VR Daji. Basically i've noticed that the x4 multiplier for dissolving 5 dark runes for Alma never triggers (the poison works fine) when i also have AR Gemini in the team but from what i've seen in youtube videos both cards' passives work fine together on, say, a Lubu team. Can anyone clarify if this only happens with Ophiuchus? And i'm not sure whether this "bug" is caused by the presence of AR Gemini or AR Luna, so if anyone manages to figure it out please let me know as it's been bugging me for the longest time.

Cheers!
Allies available: 

Atlantis, Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Lynx, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Looking for: More friends!! Will accept anyone with the above cards
ID: 21218485
On the weekend they will add 1 horror stage with 2 cards...  "fun surprise" not, like I said when Joe said that there were 2 extra cards missing, they are gonna rush the f out of them Confused Confused...

I'll draw a bit after attempting the stage.

Edit, fire dude and dark girl will be the rewards from the horror stage. 
Rares: Chessia, Abraham, Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Izanagi, Tsuku, M.Chyang, Nobu, Hide, Lynx, Androm, HFD, RH:LYR, YSS, YSC, LuBu.
YogS, Aether, Erebus, Gaia, Luno, Beelz, Samael, P.Sara, Sera, Shuta, Bael, SQuan, QiaoS, Masam, Draco.
They are a bit odd as they're tagged as Hermit Chieftain series (like Shingen the Domineering Orc) and not really part of the KoF series.

Looks like the water human will have a freeze and change attribute to water + some water conversion and charge of craft, while the fire human has some sort of fire conversion and self attack x8.

Water human leader skill is same as Chris (Human Attack x 3. When there are 3 or more KOF Collaborative Monsters in the Team, Heart Runestones also possess 50% effect of Water Runestones (effects can be superimposed))

Fire human leader skill I think is a cut-down version of Mai - without extend Runestone-moving time and Fire Runestones also possess 50% effect of other Attributive Runestones.

Oh, and then there's an upcoming (and interesting looking) dark beast too, perhaps next weeks biweekly.
Kula the water girl, CD 6 (4 on KoF team), runes in her own column become enchanted water, afterward she will either fill your DC meter or if it is full then she will freeze the enemy and convert him to water for 1 round.

K is the fire dude, cd 9/7 inside KoF, he self attacks x8 one round, and the next round converts his column and the neighboring fire members columns into fire.