Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Started the game, need quick guidance with diamond management
Hi Everyone! I am Gilgamesh in game and gilgameshTOS on these forums. I am coming from another similar game (PAD) and wanted to start this one since I like the game style so much. The question I have is, what is the best way to use my diamonds? As in, in what seal event should I employ them in the beginning to maximize my resources?

Also, where is the best place to look up any of the cards?

Thanks!

Welcome!

Before answering your question I think it will be good to mention how MH normally does things. Since some time ago (late 2016 I think) MH has been releasing a new version every 6 weeks which includes a new evolution for older series (power release or virtual rebirth, you can think of then as ultimate evos and awaken evos from PAD but with stage you need to win using the card to evo) that generally does a good job of bringing the card to relevance, amelioration for another series which is a buff with varying degrees of usefulness (kinda like awakenings) and a new series of 8 cards in a separate seal (would be a separate machine in PAD) of the 8 3 are the rare pulls that are either powerful leaders or excellent members and most commons are good or unique enough to make the separate seal not a trap like in PAD. Also MH has been doing a good job of releasing meta level leaders with interesting/different playstyles without pushing the powercreep.

That out of the way, right now you have three main places to spend diamonds: seal of the carver, seal of the engraver and the eight tiagrams seal (the banner says crossing the sea). Seal of the carver and seal of the engraver where the normal permanent diamond seal split into two (like if PAD divided the rem into two) but each has added one of the previous separate seals that change when a new version is released. Here you will find most of the useful members, good leaders can vary depending on which the separate seals are and some always available good leaders with varying degrees of investment but all require at least to be power released.
Crossing the sea is great for new players because the cards are already at they max form, all have the same feeder for the active and the rares are all good leaders. Lü Dongbin (dark rare) is a good dark leader when paired with himself but can also pair with He Xian'gu (light rare) for a kinda rainbow god race team that requires four members of the eight Xian series (but the leader and ally count as two already so it is only two more member slots) and 6 out of the eight xians are god race (earth rare and water guy being machina and human respectively) so if you get any of those two rares you can make powerful ten easily. Li Tienguai (earth rare) is an earth leader with passive earth rune conversion and a lasting active, also a lot of damage will come from the leader and ally (2x if there is an effect in play and another 2x at full fuel and 1 or 2 extra attacks fight half the normal attack at full fuel) so it is pretty good! If it is still Friday 16 of March in your timezone I would recommend drawing from here to try to get a rare.
Other good use of diamond is to restore stamina once when there is the event that gives you a consumable stamina restore that can be stored indefinitely (it's like the weekend one but doesn't expire) and the special black platinum diamond seal draw event that comes around every 4 months based on previous times between the event, last one was during Chinese new year so it shouldn't be back until end of May or June. A lot of people save diamonds for it kinda like a lot of players in PAD save stones for the player's choice gf but if you are starting an account and having so long until it's back you will probably want to draw for a good team first.

Almost forgot to mention that restoring stamina to farm some limited time stages like certain ultimate stages (commonly called Soul Masters or SM) can be worth it because some are useful like this weekend Shyplant but SM stages are kinda like descended bosses (nightmare would be annihilation levels, maybe?) so you want to have a team formed before trying the stage. If you want team building help you can post your inventory in the team building sub forum Smile

For info on cards and stages the wiki administered by Joe is probably the best place, here is the link: http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Tower_of_Saviors_Wiki

I don't know if you know but the arena is a great place to get some extra diamonds without much effort each week after getting to warlord rank, it also has some nice bonuses.
Don't forget to join a guild if you haven't cause using black keys is the best way to get power release materials and you get black keys by doing the good missions plus getting extra exp and good gold just from being in a guild.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
(03-17-2018, 04:57 AM)Joaqs Wrote: Welcome!

Before answering your question I think it will be good to mention how MH normally does things. Since some time ago (late 2016 I think) MH has been releasing a new version every 6 weeks which includes a new evolution for older series (power release or virtual rebirth, you can think of then as ultimate evos and awaken evos from PAD but with stage you need to win using the card to evo) that generally does a good job of bringing the card to relevance, amelioration for another series which is a buff with varying degrees of usefulness (kinda like awakenings) and a new series of 8 cards in a separate seal (would be a separate machine in PAD) of the 8 3 are the rare pulls that are either powerful leaders or excellent members and most commons are good or unique enough to make the separate seal not a trap like in PAD. Also MH has been doing a good job of releasing meta level leaders with interesting/different playstyles without pushing the powercreep.

That out of the way, right now you have three main places to spend diamonds: seal of the carver, seal of the engraver and the eight tiagrams seal (the banner says crossing the sea). Seal of the carver and seal of the engraver where the normal permanent diamond seal split into two (like if PAD divided the rem into two) but each has added one of the previous separate seals that change when a new version is released. Here you will find most of the useful members, good leaders can vary depending on which the separate seals are and some always available good leaders with varying degrees of investment but all require at least to be power released.
Crossing the sea is great for new players because the cards are already at they max form, all have the same feeder for the active and the rares are all good leaders. Lü Dongbin (dark rare) is a good dark leader when paired with himself but can also pair with He Xian'gu (light rare) for a kinda rainbow god race team that requires four members of the eight Xian series (but the leader and ally count as two already so it is only two more member slots) and 6 out of the eight xians are god race (earth rare and water guy being machina and human respectively) so if you get any of those two rares you can make powerful ten easily. Li Tienguai (earth rare) is an earth leader with passive earth rune conversion and a lasting active, also a lot of damage will come from the leader and ally (2x if there is an effect in play and another 2x at full fuel and 1 or 2 extra attacks fight half the normal attack at full fuel) so it is pretty good! If it is still Friday 16 of March in your timezone I would recommend drawing from here to try to get a rare.
Other good use of diamond is to restore stamina once when there is the event that gives you a consumable stamina restore that can be stored indefinitely (it's like the weekend one but doesn't expire) and the special black platinum diamond seal draw event that comes around every 4 months based on previous times between the event, last one was during Chinese new year so it shouldn't be back until end of May or June. A lot of people save diamonds for it kinda like a lot of players in PAD save stones for the player's choice gf but if you are starting an account and having so long until it's back you will probably want to draw for a good team first.

Almost forgot to mention that restoring stamina to farm some limited time stages like certain ultimate stages (commonly called Soul Masters or SM) can be worth it because some are useful like this weekend Shyplant but SM stages are kinda like descended bosses (nightmare would be annihilation levels, maybe?) so you want to have a team formed before trying the stage. If you want team building help you can post your inventory in the team building sub forum Smile

For info on cards and stages the wiki administered by Joe is probably the best place, here is the link: http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Tower_of_Saviors_Wiki

I don't know if you know but the arena is a great place to get some extra diamonds without much effort each week after getting to warlord rank, it also has some nice bonuses.
Don't forget to join a guild if you haven't cause using black keys is the best way to get power release materials and you get black keys by doing the good missions plus getting extra exp and good gold just from being in a guild.

Thanks so much for all the info! The comparison with PAD really helped me wrap my head around all the new terminology, so thanks for that. Also nice to see the pulls are less of a trap in this game Smile

So if I understood correctly, my current best use for diamonds (at least for getting new cards) would be drawing from Eight Tiagrams seal. After that then probably replenishing stamina for this that you mentioned: "The event that gives you a consumable stamina restore that can be stored indefinitely". I didn't quite understand this one, but I assume this will be when I have stronger teams? 

Other than that, I'm I correct to continue to pass the easy levels to collect diamonds until I hit some sorta wall, in which case I would look for pulling in a good seal event?

Finally, how can I find the Arena and how can I join guilds? 

Thanks again! This info was immensely useful Smile

I butchered a little the stamina restore part, from time to time there is an event where the first stamina restore using diamonds during the period gives a consumable full stamina restore (that can't exceed your max stamina, like leveling up in PAD) that never expires. The event period was this Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday so for now it is not active but it is a relatively common event when there are special events that require stamina like a guild event so I mentioned more to keep an eye out for it. Here is how the consumable stamina restore looks like:
[Image: a9ee3c1b44489ff85ce6705b6355d6d5.jpg]
MH almost always gives one on the weekend but that expires at the end of Sunday so don't forget to use it Smile

Actually there is a drawing event going on right now where there is increased chance to get the rare of the eight tiagrams (the three that appear under character introduction) so try to get a few draws done before the end of Friday if possible. After that it will midst likely depend on what you get.

Guild can be found in community -> guild but you can also check the summoner guild sub forum under general discussion for active guilds.

Arena can be found on the main screen, it is the circled thing in this image:
[Image: 78318ed46b013e5e0ac1baeaff025401.jpg]

About what to do, it depends because some will say you should spam crash course (I think that's how the stage is called) to quickly get to level 150 but I dunno which one is better.

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
Speaking of guilds, join me and Joaqs' Big Grin You'll want to be in one as early as possible, since there's a lot of bonuses like increased EXP gain and ally availability.

Spamming Crash Course in the Lost Relic (floating structure in the top left) is probably the best way to start out, since it gives both player EXP to level you up and card EXP to train your first teams.
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
(03-17-2018, 06:50 AM)Joaqs Wrote: I butchered a little the stamina restore part, from time to time there is an event where the first stamina restore using diamonds during the period gives a consumable full stamina restore (that can't exceed your max stamina, like leveling up in PAD) that never expires. The event period was this Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday so for now it is not active but it is a relatively common event when there are special events that require stamina like a guild event so I mentioned more to keep an eye out for it. Here is how the consumable stamina restore looks like:
MH almost always gives one on the weekend but that expires at the end of Sunday so don't forget to use it Smile

Actually there is a drawing event going on right now where there is increased chance to get the rare of the eight tiagrams (the three that appear under character introduction) so try to get a few draws done before the end of Friday if possible. After that it will midst likely depend on what you get.

Guild can be found in community -> guild but you can also check the summoner guild sub forum under general discussion for active guilds.

About what to do, it depends because some will say you should spam crash course (I think that's how the stage is called) to quickly get to level 150 but I dunno which one is better.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification on the stamina. I just got one in my rewards tad so now I get it. And thanks for the tip on not forgetting to use expiring ones.

So I did 3 draws and ended up getting He Xian'gu! Got her on the first draw, and did a few more to get more of the Eight Xian to complement her LS. Ended up with Zhang Guolao and Zhongli Quan. Put them on a team and paired with the dark one since i was lucky enough to find one to pair with. team looks good! Thanks for the suggestion! Not sure if I will draw more from this seal since I feel I should save some diamonds, but happy to have now 4 gods from the Eight Xian to make a good enough team for now. 

Thanks for the info on guilds and crash course. I have found them, I'll read a little more about guilds before going in, looks kinda complicated. Ill do a lot of crash course though.
(03-17-2018, 08:21 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: Speaking of guilds, join me and Joaqs' Big Grin You'll want to be in one as early as possible, since there's a lot of bonuses like increased EXP gain and ally availability.

Spamming Crash Course in the Lost Relic (floating structure in the top left) is probably the best way to start out, since it gives both player EXP to level you up and card EXP to train your first teams.

Hi!

Thanks for the invite? How can I find/join your guild? 

Thanks for the crash course suggestion. I'll give it a go today and this weekend.
(03-17-2018, 08:42 AM)gilgameshTOS Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 06:50 AM)Joaqs Wrote: I butchered a little the stamina restore part, from time to time there is an event where the first stamina restore using diamonds during the period gives a consumable full stamina restore (that can't exceed your max stamina, like leveling up in PAD) that never expires. The event period was this Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday so for now it is not active but it is a relatively common event when there are special events that require stamina like a guild event so I mentioned more to keep an eye out for it. Here is how the consumable stamina restore looks like:

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification on the stamina. I just got one in my rewards tad so now I get it. And thanks for the tip on not forgetting to use expiring ones.

So I did 3 draws and ended up getting He Xian'gu! Got her on the first draw, and did a few more to get more of the Eight Xian to complement her LS. Ended up with Zhang Guolao and Zhongli Quan. Put them on a team and paired with the dark one since i was lucky enough to find one to pair with. team looks good! Thanks for the suggestion! Not sure if I will draw more from this seal since I feel I should save some diamonds, but happy to have now 4 gods from the Eight Xian to make a good enough team for now. 

Thanks for the info on guilds and crash course. I have found them, I'll read a little more about guilds before going in, looks kinda complicated. Ill do a lot of crash course though.
Congrats! Getting a rare in the first draw is great!

About how to join the guild, you have to search using the guild number which is 1646, the name of the good is Kogarasumaru and it is level 17.

(03-17-2018, 09:10 AM)Joaqs Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:42 AM)gilgameshTOS Wrote:

Congrats! Getting a rare in the first draw is great!

About how to join the guild, you have to search using the guild number which is 1646, the name of the good is Kogarasumaru and it is level 17.

Thanks!

Ok, sounds good. Is there any issue with my team being low level, like I want to make sure I'm not bringing the guild down or something? My thought is to run a bunch of crash course and the time limit exp levels to get some of my guys up to speed. Then I'll join. Thanks for the invite!
(03-17-2018, 09:31 AM)gilgameshTOS Wrote: Ok, sounds good. Is there any issue with my team being low level, like I want to make sure I'm not bringing the guild down or something? My thought is to run a bunch of crash course and the time limit exp levels to get some of my guys up to speed. Then I'll join. Thanks for the invite!

No worries at all! It doesn't cost us anything to bring you in, so feel free to send an invite. The in-game chat system isn't the most effective though, so our guild's main communication channel is through LINE (we also have a smaller Discord channel). Do check out some of the other guides for newbies on this forum and the English TOS Wiki to get yourself caught up, like this one.
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)