Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jan 27th choose your draw question thread.
Heart 
Thanks for the separate thread. So now while we're on topic I'd like some thoughts. Currently I've narrowed down my choice to either Daoloth or Cornflower as these seem to be the "next best thing" when I already have Ophi and Aza. Any reason to reconsider any of the other missing cards?

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
(01-21-2018, 10:36 AM)Dominus Wrote: Thanks for clarifying, desrt! Having now looked at Groth I agree with you completely, should be a tier 1 option! Updated my list. Is the general consensus now that Groth > Amateratsu?

Didn't realise Greek God VR was confirmed, any info yet on what it will be? (I have dupe Poseidon and Heph).

And thanks jtsmith and draconian for resharing those links. I'm very blessed in that I have enough cards of every race/attribute that I can guarantee my pick.

Greek God VR deets are buried somewhere in the teaser thread LOL. 

http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-Teaser-15-0-New-Machine-Race-RoTK2-Preview-Slime-King-Evo-Dark-Lionel?pid=279788#pid279788

Ghroth is pretty good but you miss out on a lot of buffs if you don't run him with a second Prologue. That means mono-fire is basically out unless you get a dupe Ghroth. It looks like you don't have Yibb either, so mono-demon is also out... Keep that in mind if you want to go for him...

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
Every1 dont forget about page2 of the wiki where they go over cornflower sakura and others. It ends with izanagi but he is unfinished atm:

http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/User:Blueeighthnote/5YearDraw/2?useskin=oasis

(01-21-2018, 12:20 PM)put1572 Wrote: Thanks for the separate thread. So now while we're on topic I'd like some thoughts. Currently I've narrowed down my choice to either Daoloth or Cornflower as these seem to be the "next best thing" when I already have Ophi and Aza. Any reason to reconsider any of the other missing cards?

I already have cornflower and have tried to use him.  Also there is only 2/350 on my FL running CF.  Does that tell us anything?  If u have shj, water xi or atlantis then CF is nothing much better.  Daoloth is a clear better choice as described also on the wiki.

Of the other cards u dont have i would think about the following: nobunaga, lubu, lancelot, arthur and guanyu.  All these cards may be a better choice than CF too.  Lancelot has 2 actives.

Of the rest, tsukuyomi and dodo are good but u can also ally them since they do not have teamskills.

Satan is ok but a bit behind lubu and other dark leaders.
(01-21-2018, 12:25 PM)agnesi Wrote: Greek God VR deets are buried somewhere in the teaser thread LOL

http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-Teaser-15-0-New-Machine-Race-RoTK2-Preview-Slime-King-Evo-Dark-Lionel?pid=279788#pid279788

Ghroth is pretty good but you miss out on a lot of buffs if you don't run him with a second Prologue. That means mono-fire is basically out unless you get a dupe Ghroth. It looks like you don't have Yibb either, so mono-demon is also out... Keep that in mind if you want to go for him...

Thanks for the link, completely missed that! Better get to work on my Hephaestus!

I just picked up Yibb actually; decided to do a few random draws just in case I could snag Ghroth or Aza and make my decision a bit easier Smile That should give me a few more options, and the more I read, the better Ghroth seems vs Amateratsu, except maybe as a mono-fire leader as you pointed out. I do have Cao Cao, Nobunaga and Chessia, but just never seem to do well with any...
(01-21-2018, 01:08 PM)jtsmith Wrote: I already have cornflower and have tried to use him.  Also there is only 2/350 on my FL running CF.  Does that tell us anything?  If u have shj, water xi or atlantis then CF is nothing much better.  Daoloth is a clear better choice as described also on the wiki.

Of the other cards u dont have i would think about the following: nobunaga, lubu, lancelot, arthur and guanyu.  All these cards may be a better choice than CF too.  Lancelot has 2 actives.

Of the rest, tsukuyomi and dodo are good but u can also ally them since they do not have teamskills.

Satan is ok but a bit behind lubu and other dark leaders.

The main draw for me wanting cornflower is to have a good member for my Rose and Sakura teams. I also find the idea of a mono water elf team very appealing. May I ask, any reason you're so anti-cornflower? Or is it a disdain for low HP monsters in general? I think the people in your FL just switched to Atlantis, otherwise I'm certain there'll be more than two. But yes I do have Atlantis and I know that makes a difference since they kind of clash with each other. I'm also leaning more towards Daoloth right now as well because I don't really want to rely on Maya too much as my sole light leader. 

Nobunaga - Not really gunning for him because I quite enjoy using Chessia, even though it's getting to be a bit outdated. 
Lubu - Very appealing right now as I lack a meta dark leader but Odin is coming back and I think I can make do with Loki.
Lancelot - One of my top picks as well. Fits well in any dark team, and gets extra benefit from Khaos' team skill (also upcoming Xiahou Dun). Hmm. 
Arthur -  I love the Chessia playstyle so this is one I really want as well. Also potential buff incoming. 
Guanyu - Used to want her alot, but the damage is falling behind. Can't reliably clear current SMs and eclipsed by Sakura now too. For Arena without boosted monsters I'll go with Maya/Ghroth over Guanyu anyday. 
Satan - Again, love the playstyle but Satan is a bit different with the low team multiplier/high self multiplier. I want to use Gemini so Satan's kind of out. 

I hope I get something good out of the upcoming AC draw that will make my life easier, but not really banking on it considering the amount of dupes I've gotten. 
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

CF, Sakura and Rose, have almost disappeared since the begining of this patch. Yes, CF is the one with more hopes to stay alive, but how many SS stages have required him lately? only one maybe...?

I might be biased, but i think from the start of the special seals with the Fallen Halos, perennial elves have been the weakest seal.
IGN: Desrt, ID:  70339822

I dont have VR Apollo, Atlantis, Anubis, Sakura or PR Phanes. For almost all else add me.
(01-21-2018, 04:26 PM)desrt Wrote: CF, Sakura and Rose, have almost disappeared since the begining of this patch. Yes, CF is the one with more hopes to stay alive, but how many SS stages have required him lately? only one maybe...?

I might be biased, but i think from the start of the special seals with the Fallen Halos, perennial elves have been the weakest seal.

Well of course the leaderboard is going to be riddled with Prologues, this is their patch. Just as how the Perennials dominated their respective SM stages. You won't see Azathoth anywhere on the leaderboard if a stage has overheal will you? We'll have to see how well they fare once the upcoming updates roll in but I don't agree that they are the weakest. Sengoku was full of trash commons that I didn't even bother to keep, and even the rares are restrictive. Actually I wouldn't even count Honda as a rare at all. 

And it's not like you don't see them anywhere. Rose and Sakura still show up on my leaderboard, CF less so but that's because it was released at a bad time having to compete with a black card and all. If Atlantis was never released, CF would still be a common water mono leader. 

(01-21-2018, 04:26 PM)desrt Wrote: CF, Sakura and Rose, have almost disappeared since the begining of this patch. Yes, CF is the one with more hopes to stay alive, but how many SS stages have required him lately? only one maybe...?

Pretty biased. I mean, a seal with Merlin who is supposed to be a rare card but is only used in one team as a member and sometimes as an ally (not a leader only an ally) for another team exists. Note that, even beyond rares, all of ONE common from that seal is worth having.

I play Rose a lot and I don't find myself running out of allies. People are judging too much based on their friendslists (which are of course composed of people you chose likely because they set the same allies as you, not a random sampling) and on recency bias, of course the most recent seal cards will always fill up the leaderboards, because those stages are designed for them and because people like to play what's new and shiny. There was a time the only allies I could find were YYS and YSC, but I didn't take that to mean that Izanagi had suddenly become a bad card.

I would say CF is currently the least popular of the Perrenials actually, because Atlantis outshines him and it's going to take a long while before he builds an identity separate to the Black card. Perrenial gameplay has become synonymous with the high recovery tumbling that Rose and Sakura do so well, better than Cornflower. I still want and am probably getting Cornflower. He's a good card and I don't have Atlantis, I probably will never have Atlantis, so their competition with one another is a non-issue for me.

I'd say that since Yamato, MH has done a decent job of keeping everything at roughly the same power level, with a just a few badly thought out cards (Merlin, Honda, Lynx). Even of those, Lynx has had a recent surge in popularity because of how much of a meme her being terrible is.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(01-21-2018, 09:05 AM)Dominus Wrote: My thoughts:
  • I have Atlantis and SHJ, so probably don't need Cornflower and Abraham despite being great cards
  • I still really struggle to play fire, so Amateratsu or Groth seems like a good choice
  • I have Iza and Hideyoshi, but everyone seems to love Ophi
  • I have Maya but no TSZ, so Merlin or Arthur are valid choices
  • I have a bunch of great dark leaders/cards, so not sure Aza is a good choice
  • In Tier 2...Wukong and Daji would just be sentimental choices. 5 years playing, never dropped!
What do you guys think?? I am really struggling to decide!

Amaterasu is on the best picks in my opinion, depending on what exactly you want to build tho.
Ophiuchus is not exactly popular as a mono leaders, he can't generate runes or share effect of that, he is mostly a powerhouse with utility that includes damage and utility as members and gets the job done with it.
Merlin shouldn't be even considered tbh, Arthur is okey as long as you have the viable members.
Azathoth is more about the dragon fact than a dark mono.
Wukong utility can solve a lot of problems, trust me.

(01-21-2018, 04:59 PM)Fauxy Wrote:

(...)

I play Rose a lot and I don't find myself running out of allies. People are judging too much based on their friendslists (which are of course composed of people you chose likely because they set the same allies as you, not a random sampling) and on recency bias, of course the most recent seal cards will always fill up the leaderboards, because those stages are designed for them and because people like to play what's new and shiny. There was a time the only allies I could find were YYS and YSC, but I didn't take that to mean that Izanagi had suddenly become a bad card.

I would say CF is currently the least popular of the Perrenials actually, because Atlantis outshines him and it's going to take a long while before he builds an identity separate to the Black card. Perrenial gameplay has become synonymous with the high recovery tumbling that Rose and Sakura do so well, better than Cornflower. I still want and am probably getting Cornflower. He's a good card and I don't have Atlantis, I probably will never have Atlantis, so their competition with one another is a non-issue for me.

I'd say that since Yamato, MH has done a decent job of keeping everything at roughly the same power level, with a just a few badly thought out cards (Merlin, Honda, Lynx). Even of those, Lynx has had a recent surge in popularity because of how much of a meme her being terrible is.

1. Yep, stages are being tailored to the series that are on rotation, and I think that is part of the cycle because most of the time you get bosses that work as members for the new content.
2. I have to agree on the same for Cornflower, eventually we will get more water elfs that will help him get a better ground.
3. 4.5x standard with gimmicks that most of the time end up in additional 1.5x or 2x, what we are facing on the game cycle is not exactly the lack of damage on leaders, but the range of tools we are able to choose for them to solve the stages.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.