Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is crash fever too weak?
For mono teams:

I) They've done a good job giving beasts a time to shine in a past, now elves and dragons.
II) Humans and Gods has been given the most amount of time to shine. Machina has just been released, so it's reasonable not to expect much.
III) The thing that bugs me is, what about a MONO DEMON team? I honestly can't remember the last time mono demons have actually shined.

Big Grin Angel

Sighs they could simply add a teamskill that accelerates fuel mechanics & /or allows 1 rune to fuel multiple elements with the condition that you have to have x or more elements, simple and balanced, but naw they have to suck atm.

Edit

Btw I do not buy "ohhhh people want them to be op!", people want them to Effing work, and at the moment they most certainly do not work in rainbow fashion even though they have team skills with that in mind, seriously letting other machinas to also charge a bit more  with the rainbow effect rune doesn't have to be overpowering, much less with the cd of these actives (7 & 8 for Turing /Mobius).
And we wouldn't have to ask for this if fuel of each element could act independently, but since they are linked then each new element is actually detrimental for the team. 

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis. 
VR: Freya, CN gods. 
PR: Yunyang, Sumatra, Ninurta, dark babilonian, Seth, Shu. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori. 
(Today, 01:33 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
(Today, 12:54 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote: IDK if they usually do this, but the engineers at MH posted on FB in response to the current backlash regarding CF. It's broken into four sections: CF design, Machina design, CF Amelioration, Prologue and Perennials design.

CF Design:

• Keep it balanced, set up for potential future development/success.
  • Preserve CF character identity.
  • Make adjustments to incorporate elements of CF playstyle on TOS platform.
  • Turing provides a high-HP, defensive playstyle in CF that is carried over to TOS.
  • Turing's low REC is compensated by her active's damage reduction and conversion to Heart
  • Active also synergises with Fuel accumulation.
  • We wish that players can feel and appreciate Turing's unique strengths. She will not be reworked in the short term.
  • We recognise the lack of Machina cards hindering players from tapping into their true potential.
  • Looking long term with more Machina cards, therefore against our philosophy to make Turing broken to compensate for lack of Machina cards.

Machina Design:

• Players recognise Fuel accumulation as highlight of Machina cards.
  • Fuel accumulation biggest factor to damage output for Machina teams.
  • Possible future designs: Entering a stage with X% Fuel, increase Fuel accumulation by X% per Attribute rune dissolved etc.

CF Amelioration:

• KOF teams designed to use only KOF series, so powerful Amelioration to compensate lack of flexibility/heavy restriction.
  • CF teams can function with preexisting expansive card pool, so Amelioration strength is kept standard.

Prologue and Perennials Design:

• Mainstream teams are Humans and Gods.
  • Give other Races a time to shine, so made Dragons and Elves theme of Prologue and Perennials respectively.
  • Non-mainstream Races means less utility, so power increased to compensate.
  • Several predominantly Human and God series released since, but none as popular as Prologue and Perennials, even with much more expansive card pool.
  • Therefore, focus will likely shift from designing new team members to designing new team leaders.

Is that last bullet for the minor races or the major races? Have they not been trying to make more god and human leaders that work? What have the last two patches been  then? I kind of like the buffs to older leaders like Hideyoshi and Arthur through members though, I would rather have more of that than more attempts at making something that might end up being the next Lynx.

CF comments are as expected. There's a long term plan for machina. Turing and Mobius can't overshadow that or limit future development just because they're collab cards.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I made some assumptions when translating the particular section in the original text: "而之後推出的版本多是主流種族角色,在大量隊員的支撐下,作為隊長的攻擊輸出並沒有直接追上,因我們都希望將核心回歸到組隊的方案上".

They commented that, despite the deep card pool of Humans and Gods, Leaders from subsequent series, i.e. ROTK2, 8X and now CF, have not been able to compete with Prologue and Perennials in terms of damage. As such, they said they will shift their focus back to "team compositions".

I took the last bit to mean that the focus is going to be placed on Leader design again, since team comps generally start from picking a Leader first. The reference to subpar damage output is also pointing to Leader skills specifically IMO.

I mean, Lu Dongbin works, but I think it's safe to say that he can't do the amount of work Azathoth can, even taking into account the premium Dark card pool. If they're aiming for that level of work, then it's probably going to start at Leader design.

(Today, 02:29 AM)Revdarian Wrote: Sighs they could simply add a teamskill that accelerates fuel mechanics & /or allows 1 rune to fuel multiple elements with the condition that you have to have x or more elements, simple and balanced, but naw they have to suck atm.

Edit

Btw I do not buy "ohhhh people want them to be op!", people want them to Effing work, and at the moment they most certainly do not work in rainbow fashion even though they have team skills with that in mind, seriously letting other machinas to also charge a bit more  with the rainbow effect rune doesn't have to be overpowering, much less with the cd of these actives (7 & 8 for Turing /Mobius).
And we wouldn't have to ask for this if fuel of each element could act independently, but since they are linked then each new element is actually detrimental for the team. 

Hearts give 1% to all Machina, so there's technically a way for Rainbow Machina to function, although feasibility is questionable. However, if Mobius was designed to be a Rainbow Machina Leader, I feel like Heart = All Attributes would've been more useful than Water = All to stabilise the damage output. Turing feels viable enough as a Mono Earth team on paper IMO, taking into account future Earth Machina.

My main concern with the Machina gimmick is that it's a permanent damage buff at max Fuel that has no drawback or upkeep cost and is immune to any sort of debuff or reset. The permanency of the buff is what mandates some sort of gating mechanism to keep them in line with other Races. Outside of needing to ramp up through the Fuel system, it also means their stats and multipliers shouldn't be close to that of mainstream teams, since they have that additional bonus to look forward to.

Mind you, I've yet to see one comment on the FB post that agrees with the engineers, so if anything, a lot of people are just as annoyed as you are.

[Image: BPfjm4o.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Chang'e, Hubble
OK I'll take one step back and say that they have been still too blame for the reaction with the ultimate stage given that it is just too aggressive on the first wave, 15.6k with cd 2 but that opens attacking you puts you in a situation that you have nowhere to go but pray for heart skydrops, and if they fail then you will blame the team you used. If you notice the teams used most commonly not only are of the element but they heal you to full relatively easily and or reduce the blow about to be received. Machina doesn't really do that with Mobius and as pointed Turing has the hp buff but lowish recovery.

The end perception is "THIS TEAM SUCKS", but it was more like the stage was designed thinking of different teams than the ones given in the patch as jackpots. This still falls at the designer's feet. They want to showcase these new teams to make people want them? This wasn't the way to go at all.

This is after I sat down and made a 3 color machina team with 21k hp & 2.7k recovery yet still got done in by the mighty skydrop RNG in the 5th round. I highlight these stats as they are IMHO pretty good defensive wise, but weren't able to overcome luck vs the high aggression start of the stage and machina's lack of cd5 heart convert/defense (I won't spend a dime to refill and go  again at the moment).

Due to machina's slow/small damage start it isn't an option to reliably burst through, it isn't impossible mind you (it should be pretty possible) but 6m hp with that aggression will require quite a bit of luck vs Atlantis /Poseidon /CF.

To expand a bit, you need to get 10+ runes enchanted in a dissolvable composition of elements and 3+ water runes to burst through, very doable but I don't think that you will find it to be reliable on command as you try to focus on surviving.

Ps: we need a transmigration like stage were we can test a team for free(stamina wise) in rushed patches like this the most if  they expect us to get our bearing on the new cards. I mean rushed having a 4w patch with 1w 30stam Coliseum opening in, a JO could have been better IMHO.

Edit:

Paid 1d on the stop & go stage, this was my record run.
Mobius Mobius Water Lionel Froid Lie Tieguai Mobius.
600+m dmg since a couple buffs carried onto the boss, 1 turn less on Froid would have given me 0d clear. This is a very good team premium. Was able to store fuel on wave 1 mainly, and had luck with the skydrops which is the thing, you need particularly more luck with hearts than other teams which is important since you can't take 2 hits in a row with Mobius. If you check this can only become higher recovery with mono Mobius.
Use a DC on the first life of the boss, preset a board with water and earth runes in an easy to use manner, LTG lasts through so you get +3s from 1st life to 2nd

[Image: 2r2ollt.png]

Damage wise yeah it is solid, just too vulnerable at the start and on the go-stop section. 
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis. 
VR: Freya, CN gods. 
PR: Yunyang, Sumatra, Ninurta, dark babilonian, Seth, Shu. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori. 
I dunno. At this point I'm kinda used to teams not working on release. Prologues and Perennials are the exception rather than the rule for sure, considering even before them Arthur needed so many hasty member add-ins, not even mentioning all the teams that didn't eventually become viable and some who are still in a nebulous area of "uhhh maybe it's good enough sometimes."

I do think it's pretty anti-player, and anti-newbie especially, to market leaders that are not functional from the get go. The people who don't have every card necessary to pull a mediocre leader from the abyss are always going to suffer. But I also think MH is sensible to think long term about development.

But there are some easy fixes that could have worked. If Turing had a flat recovery boost to machinas rather than her snipe she would have made way more sense as a tank and whittle them down team. And Mobius could have had a lower rune threshold for her burst condition so that you might actually be able to get it without using an active, Phanes and Gaia were lowered from 18 to 12 after all.

I dunno. I dunno what to say anymore. I'm feeling pretty ambivalent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[Image: 6vGgbAU.png]UID: 86478773