Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is crash fever too weak?
I only have Faraday, so far damage is consistent, but of course it's Light Humans which isn't that flashy compared to other decks I have (Azathoth, Greek and Sakura, Snake) and mechanics is plain and boring (activate Huang Zhong, convert convert convert)

Solving for 4 types of runestones is not as fun as creating walls (VR Greek) or end-to-end column (Azathoth) or even move 25 runes (Snake) , if you know what I mean. Nowadays the fun of TOS is both consistent damage AND a dissolve mechanic where you put some effort into solving to maximise damage.

ID: 54962818

add me no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

Now I'm glad I got 2 Faradays and didn't draw any further to try for Turing or Mobius. Since the Amel doesn't seem to be any much improvement

Truly pathetic Ameliorations. I hoped for a change in leaderskills for the rares like Pili but apparently MH deemed it not worth it. It's not like the seal cards had great synergy and playstyle like KoF to begin with that they'd be able to get away with simple column Amels. Seems like this is one of those "filler" seals where they just don't give a damn. I wonder what kind of shitstorm is brewing over on the Chinese side.

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
What if MH decided to go conservatively on releases and not make anything as good as elves or dragons from last year?

Its very hard to come up with new play styles on a monthly basis and keep them balanced from developer standpoint. Power creep is a real thing and has to be controlled in old long lasting games. I know that this seal is disappointing as I've said on first page, but there is a chance it will come to be appreciated later.

I'm a returning player, so I missed a lot, but there must be other cards that were underwhelming on release, but later proved to be awesome members or leaders for those who saved copies of them. To my mind comes uncle tuu for some time maybe, not many examples as I'm still inexperienced.

Not to be all negative, I really like the fresh artwork of the series and I will probably do 10 draws just to get as many cards as I can in this one time opportunity.
(04-20-2018, 04:55 AM)vespher Wrote: I'm a returning player, so I missed a lot, but there must be other cards that were underwhelming on release, but later proved to be awesome members or leaders for those who saved copies of them. To my mind comes uncle tuu for some time maybe, not many examples as I'm still inexperienced.

If it wasn't because I decided to remove Collabs out of the tier list, I would still have Tuu on standard lol.

Leaders that were questionable on release but got OP over time:
  1. Arthur: changed the way on how light humans worked at the moment.
  2. Izanagi: deemed underwhelming at first sight, dominated most content later on.
  3. Tsukuyomi: 6* Gaia and Phanes were disappointing, but then she turned in to a beast at fast clears thanks to Anubis.
  4. Hideyoshi: Earth human pool was not strong enough and didn't have enough synergy either, a year later he is really solid.
  5. Lynx: it should actually be like this but sadly nope. She is still thrash no matter how many dark beasts madhead decides to release lol.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
I see Mobius and put her next to Lynx and I can tell to myself "well, at least she is beating her quite handily being more viable ignoring her Ts!", but that is her as a water card, as rainbow machina it is a train wreck.

I still hope that the CN players put some pressure onto madhead or something.
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
Richman collab was pretty bad before ame. Kof was also met with critics until the column off color kindof worked in favor.
They'll get better, of course they will. The major problem for both is members, and of course MH can't drop every machina card they want to make all at once, there's long term development in mind. Hopefully.

It's just that at the moment they're directly comparable to Li Tieguai and the Lionels who have a lot more range as leaders because they're not limited to Machina. Indeed not every seal can be Perennials (most of the cards released during the patch were built for the seal leaders) or Prologues (leaders were built to accommodate already existing strong members). We can guarantee that MH will at least try to make Turing and Mobius more viable as time goes on without hard buffs. This doesn't always work (see: Honda and Lynx) but they try. So yeah, no need to be totally negative about them.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
IDK if they usually do this, but the engineers at MH posted on FB in response to the current backlash regarding CF. It's broken into four sections: CF design, Machina design, CF Amelioration, Prologue and Perennials design.

CF Design:
  • Keep it balanced, set up for potential future development/success.
  • Preserve CF character identity.
  • Make adjustments to incorporate elements of CF playstyle on TOS platform.
  • Turing provides a high-HP, defensive playstyle in CF that is carried over to TOS.
  • Turing's low REC is compensated by her active's damage reduction and conversion to Heart
  • Active also synergises with Fuel accumulation.
  • We wish that players can feel and appreciate Turing's unique strengths. She will not be reworked in the short term.
  • We recognise the lack of Machina cards hindering players from tapping into their true potential.
  • Looking long term with more Machina cards, therefore against our philosophy to make Turing broken to compensate for lack of Machina cards.

Machina Design:
  • Players recognise Fuel accumulation as highlight of Machina cards.
  • Fuel accumulation biggest factor to damage output for Machina teams.
  • Possible future designs: Entering a stage with X% Fuel, increase Fuel accumulation by X% per Attribute rune dissolved etc.

CF Amelioration:
  • KOF teams designed to use only KOF series, so powerful Amelioration to compensate lack of flexibility/heavy restriction.
  • CF teams can function with preexisting expansive card pool, so Amelioration strength is kept standard.

Prologue and Perennials Design:
  • Mainstream teams are Humans and Gods.
  • Give other Races a time to shine, so made Dragons and Elves theme of Prologue and Perennials respectively.
  • Non-mainstream Races means less utility, so power increased to compensate.
  • Several predominantly Human and God series released since, but none as popular as Prologue and Perennials, even with much more expansive card pool.
  • Therefore, focus will likely shift from designing new team members to designing new team leaders.
[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
(04-22-2018, 12:54 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote: IDK if they usually do this, but the engineers at MH posted on FB in response to the current backlash regarding CF. It's broken into four sections: CF design, Machina design, CF Amelioration, Prologue and Perennials design.

CF Design:
  • Keep it balanced, set up for potential future development/success.
  • Preserve CF character identity.
  • Make adjustments to incorporate elements of CF playstyle on TOS platform.
  • Turing provides a high-HP, defensive playstyle in CF that is carried over to TOS.
  • Turing's low REC is compensated by her active's damage reduction and conversion to Heart
  • Active also synergises with Fuel accumulation.
  • We wish that players can feel and appreciate Turing's unique strengths. She will not be reworked in the short term.
  • We recognise the lack of Machina cards hindering players from tapping into their true potential.
  • Looking long term with more Machina cards, therefore against our philosophy to make Turing broken to compensate for lack of Machina cards.

Machina Design:
  • Players recognise Fuel accumulation as highlight of Machina cards.
  • Fuel accumulation biggest factor to damage output for Machina teams.
  • Possible future designs: Entering a stage with X% Fuel, increase Fuel accumulation by X% per Attribute rune dissolved etc.

CF Amelioration:
  • KOF teams designed to use only KOF series, so powerful Amelioration to compensate lack of flexibility/heavy restriction.
  • CF teams can function with preexisting expansive card pool, so Amelioration strength is kept standard.

Prologue and Perennials Design:
  • Mainstream teams are Humans and Gods.
  • Give other Races a time to shine, so made Dragons and Elves theme of Prologue and Perennials respectively.
  • Non-mainstream Races means less utility, so power increased to compensate.
  • Several predominantly Human and God series released since, but none as popular as Prologue and Perennials, even with much more expansive card pool.
  • Therefore, focus will likely shift from designing new team members to designing new team leaders.

Is that last bullet for the minor races or the major races? Have they not been trying to make more god and human leaders that work? What have the last two patches been then? I kind of like the buffs to older leaders like Hideyoshi and Arthur through members though, I would rather have more of that than more attempts at making something that might end up being the next Lynx.

CF comments are as expected. There's a long term plan for machina. Turing and Mobius can't overshadow that or limit future development just because they're collab cards.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|