Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invincible Defence Horror Stage Strategies
IDK how to format the DSI posts, but I figured we can start posting strategies. If the mods can merge this with the actual DSI thread when it's up, that'll be appreciated.

For those who need the stage info, it can be found here: http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_Defense

I used a typical KOF team for both the SS-rank and for farming.

Kyo + Mai / Chizuru / Mai / Iori + Mai

Stage 1: Stall for CDs until the Water Elves are CD1, then manually burst through.
Stage 2: Manually burst through, preferably in 2 turns.
Stage 3: Manually burst through.
Stage 4.1: Burst with Kyo's MAX active + Mai's MAX active. If DC isn't full, grind until it is.
Stage 4.2: Burst with Chizuru.
Stage 5: Burst with Mai's MAX active.
Stage 6.1: Manually burst through. Remember to dissolve for Enchanted Fire.
Stage 6.2: Grind for Kyo, then burst with Kyo + Iori + Mai + DC, using the first active.

The above is to go for SS-rank. For farming, don't bother grinding for Kyo's CD and just use Iori and Mai's MAX actives at Stage 6.2; You'll probably do enough damage to hit the 22k score for all rewards anyway. Use a DC that you can score well on to maximise score; I used a Shadowfall DC.

The above is just the ideal scenario and the team is fairly flexible in active use. For example, if Cornflower screws the board really hard on Stage 4.1, you can use Chizuru instead and stall on Stage 4.2 for Kyo/Mai/DC.

[Image: DQh9iCg.png]
Others: WLF Norse, FELD Greek, All Babylon, PR Barbahogg, FLD Crimson Grace, PR YJ, HFD, LHY, ELD Origin of Demon, LD Primal Greek, Madam Chyan
KOF team SS rank strategy without Iori: min 11 rounds, 32k score.

Mai + Mai + Chizuru + Kula + Yashiro + Kyo
DC is a Successive Timely Opal with 3 Human CD -2 (Important!)

R1: Stall until water elves are CD1 and kill.
R2: Do some damage one turn. Use Kula to charge craft and kill.
R3: If killed R2 too fast, use Kula here and stall 1 turn. Then use Kyo MAX and kill.
R4a: Use Chizuru and kill.
R4b: Use Mai MAX (CD6) and kill.
R5: Spin to kill and use DC. Hit the score target for CD reduction. CD reduction should get applied to Mai, Chizuru and Kyo.
R6a: If you have enchanted fire from DC, manually kill, making sure to dissolve fire. If you are unlucky and don't, use Kula and Mai MAX (CD8) here to kill.
R6b: If you had to use Mai on 6a, stall one turn (making sure to keep Kyo's multiplier). Then Kula, Kyo, Yashiro, Chizuru, Mai, spin as much as you can and hit DC for damage boost.

The 12 round strategy still gets you to SS rank at 31k instead of 32k.

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Have:
- Abraham, VR Elizabeth, Guan Yu
- Chessia, Nobunaga, Mai Shiranui
- Izanagi, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi
- Lu Bu, Rose, Khaos
...and others...
My two KOF videos with relatively low spinning skill required. Good enough to hit 25k points and get all rewards. 

Credit to Svadifari for the team idea from my leaderboard

25k points and all rewards with Iori + Kyo, Chizuru, Mai, Kim + Kyo
Stages 1, 2, 3) Spend 5 turns here. Just spin through 1 and 2, then decide how long to stall on 3
4a) Kyo skill 1
4b) Kim
5) Try to clear the full board, prioritising fire/earth/dark in the first two turns. If there are still locked runes after that then use Kyo skill 1 and move on
6a) Mai skill 2
6b) Iori skill 2 and everything else left

Credit to killerwombat for the alternate KOF team idea from my leaderboard
26k points and all rewards with Kyo + Mai, Iori, Mai, Chizuru + Mai

Stages 1, 2, 3) Spend 5 turns here. Stall one turn on 1, then spin through  2 and then decide how long to stall on 3
4a) Kyo skill 1
4b) Chizuru
5) Mai skill 2. Alternatively, you can stall one turn here to have Kyo up for 6b. 
6a) Mai skill 2
6b) Iori skill 2, Mai Skill 2

Channel: https://goo.gl/XqxMx2
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
Any non KoF team that is safe? KoF is inherently unstable because of the fixed paths. I dont care if i get 10k pts. just dont want to do white knukle spinning with reduced time.
(11-28-2017, 09:58 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Any non KoF team that is safe? KoF is inherently unstable because of the fixed paths. I dont care if i get 10k pts. just dont want to do white knukle spinning with reduced time.

KoF is fine if you just take it slow. Stall for 4 buffs to purge the time reduction. The best way I've found is to aim for one of the combo elves and the center elf, then make 5 combos with minimal attack runes. You'll kill one of the combo elves but leave the other one for stalling on.

Any other team with a debuffer works fine as well - Yukimura and Lionel are low CD and easy to bring up.
KaerfNomekop: 59,402,542
Grisk: 84,088,062

SM History Chart!
Active Skill Catalog! (Spreadsheet)

[Image: geBprMN.png]

(11-28-2017, 09:58 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Any non KoF team that is safe?  KoF is inherently unstable because of the fixed paths.  I dont care if i get 10k pts. just dont want to do white knukle spinning with reduced time.

I've tried a few other teams, IMO KoF is still one of the safest. Mostly because you have the HP and recovery to tank up to 2 mistakes on R2 and stall for CD again on R5. 
Between Chizuru and Mai MAX active, Cornflower is not a big deal, and you have a lot of options for dealing with the high defense on the boss life 2 (K, Kyo, and Iori). 
Depending on how many copies of Mai you have access to, you can basically just spam fixed board converts and not have to spin a whole lot.

Here are some non-KoF teams I've also cleared with, but I don't think they're much safer than KOF. 

1. Diaochan + AR Pollux + AR Luna  + Perseus + Izanagi + Amaterasu.

The idea is basically to charge Pollux up on R1-R3, use Perseus and Izanagi on R4a/R4b, stall up Perseus/Izanagi again on Yvette. 
Burst with Luna and Perseus on boss life 1, Diaochan, Amaterasu and DC on boss life 2.
If you don't have Perseus or Izanagi, I think you can get away with one or the other and use Diaochan on R4 instead, but I think you do need an extra fire god besides Amaterasu for Luna to spread Pollux's damage to.

2. Izanagi + AR RedBoy + PR Circe + Furi + Mark II + Izanagi.

Get Izanagi up R1-R3. Turn on Furi, Circe whenever available. Use Izanagi on R4a and R4b.  Stall both Izanagi back up on Yvette. RedBoy + Izanagi on boss life 1 (Furi makes earth enchant = fire enchant), Mark II + Izanagi + DC on boss life 2 (using a 1 initial dissolve Izanagi pattern). 

You can swap Furi for Chizuru in regards to getting boss life 1 without enchanted fire, but obviously you won't have a constant damage boost. 
Mark II can be swapped for Mufasa.

It's really easy for Cornflower to screw you with Izanagi. It's very risky if Cornflower converts away your damage runes and leaves you with a lot of water to split up. The safest way to handle it is with Izanagi, but obviously that means stalling longer on R1-R3 and on Yvette for actives to come up. 

3. Nobunaga + PR Medea + Nohime + K + Mai/Scrooge + Nobunaga

This team can S rank, but the real problem is getting through R1-R3 safely, since you spend a lot more time on R2 since your damage against water sucks.
The second biggest issue is not having fire runes to use Nobunaga on, although that's a little easier to deal with.
Mai or Scrooge is because this team doesn't have the HP to tank Yvette and it's hard to clear a locked board by hand.
Mai has a shorter CD, but it almost doesn't matter since you're going to get stuck in R1-R4 for so long anyway.
You can use DC on Yvette and replace Mai/Scrooge with a damage booster for the boss or Yukimura to remove the 3sec spin.

R4a, use Medea and then use Nohime to burst. 
R4b, if you have fire, use Nobunaga and burst. If you don't have fire, clear the water runes and hope you drop some more fire for Nobunaga to use his active on. 
R5, you can stall 1 turn if you need to. Then use Mai/Scrooge to clear the board of locked runes. If you use Mai, it's better to use active 1, dissolve 5 rune groups, and leave some fire/dark enchanted . 
R6a, manual spin. (You can use Nobunaga if you have no enchanted runes).
R6b, stall a few turns for Nohime and then Nohime, Nobunaga, K, DC.

4. Ophiuchus + AR Pollux + AR Luna + Fire Bride + Shyplant + Ophiuchus

This team can S rank, but it is super vulnerable to rune drought. Also you have to manually spin through Cornflower life 1 and life 2. 
Same basic philosophy as the Diaochan team. Charge Pollux on R1-R3, use Fire Bride and Shyplant whenever they become available, manually spin through Cornflower. Use Ophi to unlock the board. Use Luna and manually spin dark and fire enchanted to get through boss life 1, and Ophi + DC for boss life 2.

Fire Bride is replaceable with Red Boy or any other useful Fire God (like Uriel?).

You can deal a lot of damage with very few combos (provided you hit 25 steps), but it's always possible that you just don't have the runes.

EDIT : Just one more.

5. Khaos + Lancelot + Arthur + AR Red Boy + Nidhogg + Khaos

This team can S rank.
R4a : Lancelot conversion
R4b: AR Red Boy
R5: Stall until RedBoy and Khaos are ready. Use Khaos and clear locked runes, leave some enchanted.
R6a: AR Red Boy and Khaos. Store water, fire, earth runes at the bottom.
R6b: Arthur, Nidhogg. Spin and hit DC.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Have:
- Abraham, VR Elizabeth, Guan Yu
- Chessia, Nobunaga, Mai Shiranui
- Izanagi, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi
- Lu Bu, Rose, Khaos
...and others...
(11-28-2017, 09:58 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Any non KoF team that is safe? KoF is inherently unstable because of the fixed paths. I dont care if i get 10k pts. just dont want to do white knukle spinning with reduced time.

The KOF teams on my leader board are quite varied in composition, although they do seem to stick to FED. You can probably piece something workable together unless you literally did not draw for KOF at all.

In that case, I see a few dual Maya teams with Lionel, dual Khaos teams with Lancelot and Tsukuyomi-Anubis teams. Scores vary from SS to A.
[Image: DQh9iCg.png]
Others: WLF Norse, FELD Greek, All Babylon, PR Barbahogg, FLD Crimson Grace, PR YJ, HFD, LHY, ELD Origin of Demon, LD Primal Greek, Madam Chyan
I dont care about rank. Already did that. I just need copies of the card for slvl.

Gonna try some other teams to get away from a fixed spin path.
I just tried a team I saw on my leaderboard and it feels quite safe: fire Lionel, ovr Belle (shyplant might be better), Flygja, pr Aloha, Collin and Khaos ally the key is to dissolve all 5 attributes in the first batch against the boss second hp.
The only required cards are fire Lionel or Khaos, although it might work with light Lionel.
Aloha is there to guarantee the activation of the laser skill on the boss second hp but it can be stacked and Khaos can be used so it is not a completely necessary member, use Flygja at the enemies with more than one hp, Collin can take care of too many water runes at Cornflower first hp or to generate enchanted runes for the boss first hp or to get a longish time tunnel when combined with Aloha or fire Lionel active. Shyplant or Belle are just there to help burst down enemies.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
(11-29-2017, 03:56 PM)Joaqs Wrote: I just tried a team I saw on my leaderboard and it feels quite safe: fire Lionel, ovr Belle (shyplant might be better), Flygja, pr Aloha, Collin and Khaos ally the key is to dissolve all 5 attributes in the first batch against the boss second hp.
The only required cards are fire Lionel or Khaos, although it might work with light Lionel.
Aloha is there to guarantee the activation of the laser skill on the boss second hp but it can be stacked and Khaos can be used so it is not a completely necessary member, use Flygja at the enemies with more than one hp, Collin can take care of too many water runes at Cornflower first hp or to generate enchanted runes for the boss first hp or to get a longish time tunnel when combined with Aloha or fire Lionel active. Shyplant or Belle are just there to help burst down enemies.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

Red Lionel's better cuz' the boss' first HP bar has non-fire weakening by 95%. Also has better leader skills. 

Fire Lionel - Circe - Shyplant - Aloha - Colin - Khaos also works pretty well if you're just farming
Main Ally: Atlantis
Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Looking for: More friends!! Will accept anyone with the above cards
ID: 21218485