Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many times you quit ToS & do you success?
Hi all,

Just a fun fact about my quitting and returning ToS.

During 5 years playing, I myself left that game 2-3 times, but then returned after 1 week or less. Previously, I always want to collect as many new cards as possible (not seal draw, because I am a F2P), so after quitting, I terribly felt the need to return, just to collect a new US card, or only a normal bi-weekly card. I am an admin of the local fanpage & vice president of my only guild. I have a small group of hardcore summoners. This is quite an addiction. That's why I cannot quit it.

Now my latest leave was on Sep 10 after spending all remaining diamonds on Amazon (I failed, of course). Surprisingly, I haven't logged in since then, not even to collect free diamond / free draw everyday. I skipped a number of new cards, also PR-ed Anu last week & PR-ed Robert this week. The first missed card was so terrible, but then everything is fine. Now I don't feel the need to play anymore, though sometimes I watched US battle of other summoners on youtube. I guess eventually I am able to stop playing ToS.

How about you?

[Image: 841a66da.jpg]
I have never quit .... T_T

My strategy is simple, collect harpy and dimes ... I can use dimes when I have more than 200 because it is for next black card.
Skip many series, skip many challenge, let stamina full sometime ...... so I am not push myself into game that much.

I don't think I've quit, just had long periods of time where I just logged in to collect the diamond and then stop for the day. Sometimes for months. Although don't get me started on Guild Missions. I'm probably like 25% success rates, just because I dislike fighting the Guild required battles for black keys.

Although I think the easiest way to lose motivation is to drop tons of diamonds on draws to get Black cards or rares so I put early limits on myself before just giving up.

Battles are tuned well, in my opinion, mostly. I just dislike the fights that are longer than 10 stages.

I do get nervous from power creep though.

(10-30-2018, 11:26 PM)Doublegambler Wrote: I don't think I've quit, just had long periods of time where I just logged in to collect the diamond and then stop for the day.

Sometimes, the game gets stale and cash grabby, so this happens to me. I like having stories and something worth farming to keep me engaged, but now that I've collected so many cards and am up to date, it gets real tiring. We need another game breaking update if you ask me lmao
[Image: kkkeFG7.png]
ID: 67339257
I've stopped playing twice. Fist time was around the time the babylons came out as I got busy with work and other games, as well as friends I played with stopped playing. Second time I re-downloaded the game again to see what new things were introduced and randomly VR'd Freyr because why not and quit playing that very week because I needed space on my phone lol.

Came back again because friends started playing again during crash fever collab Tongue really enjoying getting through all the content I never played because of the surge in power creep, mostly having fun doing all the extra stages in the traveler's memories, maxing SM cards and min-maxing my diamond spendings to get Black Cards.
[Image: PrIOGID.png]
Quit several times, for at least a year each. TOS takes me like an hour to download.
Happen to come back during Konosuba collab which was nice.

There's a lot of things that annoy me in this game:
Stamina system
All the screen animations and shit takes ages to finish, there's like 10 confirmation screens for even simple actions
Power creep, no allies for my older cards
Needing a VPN to access new content (iirc is due to licensing outside of Asia)

Also this new 35-40 draws for a guarenteed draw at a card just sounds super greedy in my opinion. All reasons for me to quit again.
Common Acronyms
Looking for Izanagi allies!
ID: 29,490,729
(10-30-2018, 02:41 PM)Mojojojo Wrote: I have never quit .... T_T

My strategy is simple, collect harpy and dimes ... I can use dimes when I have more than 200 because it is for next black card.
Skip many series, skip many challenge, let stamina full sometime ...... so I am not push myself into game that much.

Yeah, you can play in relax mode, will take only 5min/day. But you will only have 200 diamonds after half a year (or even more, about 30-36 weeks) by that way.

I also agree with Nomivore about Madhead's super greedy. For online game like ToS, a rare card is just a line of code. Too expensive (around 200$) for only a line of code.
[Image: 841a66da.jpg]