Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest opions on state of ENG tos player base
OK I've been wondering these days, how well is the ENG tos player base doing?

For the Chinese servers I know the game is well and alive, just unsure about our ENG server hahaha

Could people give me some insight and their own opions on this topic?

Thanks

There are very active players, but the population is not big enough or developing because Madhead is not showing any interest on foreign audience, they don't run advertising for the game anywhere or they don't try to compete with games that are already established in other countries despite they don't reach the quality of this one.

English population is also more leaned to F2P because they don't feel competitive, specially since Madhead decided to merge the top 100 of the guild ranking and there is no other motivation for reaching top 100 other than just a shiny badge and banner on the guild UI. A lot of players are also disappointed because the customer support for this version really struggles with the language and the fan page hardly post any content, while the chinese version runs all the promotions and events everyday. Chinese version also have mycard and other ways of payment that grant you rewards on spending or make it cheaper while we don't have any of those commodities even by being present on Hong Kong but playing English version instead.

Also most guilds don't have their full members unless their recruiter is strict and fully active.

We can't measure the current population of the active players, but you can get an idea by the small feedback the english fan page is receiving on every post they do.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
So taking what you said, we can presume the player base has died a lot and will continue to die until MH pays attention to ENG server?

I hope it doesn't die Big Grin Big Grin this is a one of a kind game in its genre (cept pad) hahaha

Maybe there will be a chance they will merge Chinese and ENG? Too boost player base?

But thanks for your opinion haha

(12-06-2017, 12:26 PM)Glune Wrote: So taking what you said, we can presume the player base has died a lot and will continue to die until MH pays attention to ENG server?

I hope it doesn't die  Big Grin  Big Grin  this is a one of a kind game in its genre (cept pad) hahaha

Maybe there will be a chance they will merge Chinese and ENG? Too boost player base?

PaD is crap, and all other clones of this game have failed.

I don't know, I've been finding some newbies every now and then which is nice, but is not like 2 years ago where population on Facebook was all competitive. A server merge with client app merge would be cool, but it's unlikely to happen.

You are welcome.

(12-06-2017, 03:53 PM)Oriceles Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 12:26 PM)Glune Wrote: So taking what you said, we can presume the player base has died a lot and will continue to die until MH pays attention to ENG server?

I hope it doesn't die  Big Grin  Big Grin  this is a one of a kind game in its genre (cept pad) hahaha

PaD is crap, and all other clones of this game have failed.

I don't know, I've been finding some newbies every now and then which is nice, but is not like 2 years ago where population on Facebook was all competitive. A server merge with client app merge would be cool, but it's unlikely to happen.

You are welcome.
Thanks a lot hahahaha will always look foward to your meta threads they are very fun Smile
A merge between the english and chinese servers will actually hurt a lot of en server players because the most significant change that would happen will be in arena. A lot of the english server can chill and get up to the higher king levels without refilling, but that wouldnt be the case after a merge.
As someone who just returned to ToS, I cannot find any active players in the first 65 levels and even beyond that, I only find an active player like 30% of the time. You'll reach 7th seal faster than you get 10 friends. And looking at the forum nowadays, with so few people online at any one time, one can presume that the veteran players are leaving ToS and coupled with the fact that very few players are joining the english server, the english server is pretty much dead.
There were 7.5k views on the 2nd EN server livestream on FB last week. That kind of gives you an idea of the playerbase that's really into it, but maybe not since some people just don't interact with the social media at all. There's also the FB Fan Page, which is more active than forums. I'm sure this game isn't what it once was, but I don't know that it's dead or dying, since the playerbase it has seems pretty dedicated. They can't keep having incidents like the login one though, because that really turns people off the game. I hope we don't get a server merge but eh. MH should probably start paying some bigger youtubers to #AD for them, the way Clash of Clans and the game with the bugs fighting snails or whatever it is used to. Will bring some new life into the server.
UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
Then do you guys think its worthwhile to buy diamonds?
(12-12-2017, 10:34 AM)Glune Wrote: Then do you guys think its worthwhile to buy diamonds?

I still purchase diamonds and packages whenever I have the chances, I really enjoy the game on it's current state, the community could be different, but whatever, I live in a country where I don't know a single person other than me playing this.

If you are asking that with concerns about this version being closed, I really doubt so, TOS is still the main source of income for MadHead and they have displayed interest on keeping this version alive despite not giving a total support when it comes to social media and promotions.