Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with team building
Hello

Just recently came back to TOS after a few years and now with so many characters and information i don't know how to form a good team.

I tried a team with Lancelot but now currently stuck at 8th seal.

My current team is (Lancelot, Cthugha, Sean, Izanami, and Ali Baba)

Hope to get some advice on new teams i can form to beat all the seals and ultimate stages.

I am thinking of forming a VR athena(Goddess of Haughtiness) team but not sure if this will be my strongest team. Hope to get some advice.

Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/SgwbI

VR Athena + Rakshasa (constant 2.7x boost) + Lu Xun (constant ~30% damage reduction?) + Ali Baba (long CD 3x booster) + Geironul (short CD 1.5x booster + emergency convert to keep Athena/Lu Xun buffs going) + VR Athena 

I'd consider farming Yvette for damage boost/healing and try to get PR Nidhogg instead of Ali Baba because the HP will be higher than it is running so many demons. Medusa could be worth training for utility.

Should be quite strong since you have Rakshasa. 

Don't see any other standout options, but you do have quite a few Primal Greeks which are slated for PR next patch. Depending on how good they end up, you could consider investing in them.

ID: 40 944 239  
Allies (All/Dbl Max): Darkness, Aqua, Kurama
Other Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELDW), Hiei, Vishnu, Brahma, Azathoth, Daoloth, PR Haza, etc.
You have Rakshasa and Lu Xun so a VR Athena team will be pretty strong, they're currently the best members for her. Not much in the way of utility, but Alibaba and Medusa should be fine for the time being.

Lancelot is not really a great... leader? But if you wanna run him as a member, he would be great in Erebus who is getting PR soon (details released tomorrow) and Tsukuyomi who is a decent leader partnered with Anubis. If you wanna keep running the FED team, I recommend you train up a Xiaohou Dun (you can use the dupe to max out her CD after evolving), who is better but hasn't quite found her footing yet as a leader.

You have Water Bride (Priestess Xi) and after VR she makes for a really stable water leader so I also highly recommend her.

You have a few other bits and bobs of leaders and possible teams, but those are the best picks imo. Feel free to ask more about what teams you're interested in building, and I can get more specific.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(02-22-2018, 03:29 AM)crackthedot Wrote: Hello

Just recently came back to TOS after a few years and now with so many characters and information i don't know how to form a good team.

I tried a team with Lancelot but now currently stuck at 8th seal.

My current team is (Lancelot, Cthugha, Sean, Izanami, and Ali Baba)

Hope to get some advice on new teams i can form to beat all the seals and ultimate stages.

I am thinking of forming a VR athena(Goddess of Haughtiness) team but not sure if this will be my strongest team. Hope to get some advice.

Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/SgwbI
A strong earth team would be VR Athena - Gondul - Ali Baba - Rakshasa - Duncan - VR Athena. This team is very strong, but may lack some of the HP that other earth teams have. Gondul and duncan are good cards to get out of a rune droughts and they offer some fairly good damage boosts. Ali Baba and Rakshasa are there for burst damage and destroying enemies. Athena is a very good x2.2 booster because it stacks on top of elemental advantages. With this team you have no elemental weakness' and only elemental advantages. However, some cards you want to get are nidhogg, yin yang, earth keeper, and vali.

And if you like the DFE teams, just switch out lancelot with Xiahou Dun and place him as a member. XD - Lancelot - Medea - Circe - Endor - XD, this a strong team but its very susceptible to neutralise and reset skills.
(02-22-2018, 04:05 AM)Fractal Wrote: Gondul and duncan are good cards to get out of a rune droughts and they offer some fairly good damage boosts.

Gondul's the dark one Tongue

I recommend against Duncan in VR Greek because using him will pretty much guarantee you won't have earth runes on the board next turn to keep VR Athena's buff going. It's not like rune drought is a huge problem with VR Greek. Could be useful if you need the time extension though.
ID: 40 944 239  
Allies (All/Dbl Max): Darkness, Aqua, Kurama
Other Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELDW), Hiei, Vishnu, Brahma, Azathoth, Daoloth, PR Haza, etc.
VR Greek doesn't need converters at all unless it's to get rid of problem runes or to do quintet shield.  Undecided
Tongue 
(02-22-2018, 04:34 AM)agnesi Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 04:05 AM)Fractal Wrote: Gondul and duncan are good cards to get out of a rune droughts and they offer some fairly good damage boosts.

Gondul's the dark one  Tongue

I recommend against Duncan in VR Greek because using him will pretty much guarantee you won't have earth runes on the board next turn to keep VR Athena's buff going. It's not like rune drought is a huge problem with VR Greek. Could be useful if you need the time extension though.

Thanks for the correction. I find it hard to remember Geironul cause I cant spell her name without searching it up.  Tongue
(02-22-2018, 03:59 AM)Fauxy Wrote: You have Rakshasa and Lu Xun so a VR Athena team will be pretty strong, they're currently the best members for her. Not much in the way of utility, but Alibaba and Medusa should be fine for the time being.

Lancelot is not really a great... leader? But if you wanna run him as a member, he would be great in Erebus who is getting PR soon (details released tomorrow) and Tsukuyomi who is a decent leader partnered with Anubis. If you wanna keep running the FED team, I recommend you train up a Xiaohou Dun (you can use the dupe to max out her CD after evolving), who is better but hasn't quite found her footing yet as a leader.

You have Water Bride (Priestess Xi) and after VR she makes for a really stable water leader so I also highly recommend her.

You have a few other bits and bobs of leaders and possible teams, but those are the best picks imo. Feel free to ask more about what teams you're interested in building, and I can get more specific.

Thanks for the advice! 

How can i make a water team for Water Bride with my current characters? 

i was thinking of making a dragon team with my copper bullet but i do not have Ursula. Can i make do without Ursula?
(02-22-2018, 03:56 AM)agnesi Wrote: VR Athena + Rakshasa (constant 2.7x boost) + Lu Xun (constant ~30% damage reduction?) + Ali Baba (long CD 3x booster) + Geironul (short CD 1.5x booster + emergency convert to keep Athena/Lu Xun buffs going) + VR Athena 

I'd consider farming Yvette for damage boost/healing and try to get PR Nidhogg instead of Ali Baba because the HP will be higher than it is running so many demons. Medusa could be worth training for utility.

Should be quite strong since you have Rakshasa. 

Don't see any other standout options, but you do have quite a few Primal Greeks which are slated for PR next patch. Depending on how good they end up, you could consider investing in them.

Thank you for the advice. 

Is it advisable to use Verthandi for healing instead? 

Oh and what do you mean by utility? 

thanks 
(02-22-2018, 04:28 PM)crackthedot Wrote: Thanks for the advice! 

How can i make a water team for Water Bride with my current characters? 

i was thinking of making a dragon team with my copper bullet but i do not have Ursula. Can i make do without Ursula?

Your water pool is very small so there's not much to recommend. Just train up Water Bride, VR her, and put in whatever for the time being. You can do Machina with one of your Gretchens (evolve her into the new form which is Machina race) and Bayrou just so you have a little bit of a team synergy. Then maybe Kukulkan and Carrie? None of these are top picks exactly.

Copper with Novalis needs dark converters more than Ursula, but you missed out on getting Masamune (dark Ursula with a small convert). You can farm the dark defensive dragons from LR Pass, and just put a load of those in. In their PR form they work like the Big Bang converters but with a snipe. Though by the time you will have finished farming them you might already have an Azathoth if luck goes your way.