Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild war is the beginning of the end for TOS
I just don't enjoy the game mode. I'm very slow I think, my finish times on SMs are like 3 times the amount of people at the top of my leaderboards with almost the exact same teams sometimes. I can't claim to be a great spinner, I'm still learning, and I like being able to look at the board and plan my spin. Arena really discourages that and it punishes you with a KO for tiny mistakes. If there was no chance of me getting dimes (like on the ZH server) I would just flat out not play it. Not my thing.

I thought they removed multiplayer because there were very few people using it? I never got a chance to play either.

UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Cornflower and Rose. 

Allies Available On Request:

LF: Not much. Running out of friendslots tbh.
I honestly don't like the guild war in part because I don't feel like I contribute much when I play the stage, that said I don't dislike the idea of mute events like this because most of MH earnings is in the diamonds for draws so if they get other ways to earn money that will help slowing down the cards release/New version.

See I like the arena rewards and much of the time I just play one day to get warlord 2 for the five dimes and just going to 3 next week, although this version I've been playing every day to get more dimes for cny (the souls refill is pretty good) and been getting to 500 which is nice. Anyways the most annoying part is getting back to warlord/legend the week of the reset and sometimes making functional teams with bonus cards.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
I never meant to derail this thread which was about guild war not arena but rather that arena was the beginning of the end if true we r at the end.

Consider guild war is pretty short time then done. Most of the rewards are easily attainable. Only minor rewards for top spots. I doubt anything more than a title or some memento for being firstplace.

Now compare arena which is 24/7/365 and has cheat guilds cooking the books for cashing in on weekly free dimes which they can use to be better than the rest. There is no comparison between the two.

(02-12-2018, 04:59 AM)Fauxy Wrote: I just don't enjoy the game mode. I'm very slow I think, my finish times on SMs are like 3 times the amount of people at the top of my leaderboards with almost the exact same teams sometimes. I can't claim to be a great spinner, I'm still learning, and I like being able to look at the board and plan my spin. Arena really discourages that and it punishes you with a KO for tiny mistakes. If there was no chance of me getting dimes (like on the ZH server) I would just flat out not play it. Not my thing.

I thought they removed multiplayer because there were very few people using it? I never got a chance to play either.
Understandable, It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the KO part applies literally for every new stage nowadays just that there's less risk of making mistakes when you're not under time constraint. Regarding multiplayer, if that's true then it's...anticlimactic? Dunno, I was expecting something more serious. 
(02-12-2018, 11:08 AM)jtsmith Wrote: I never meant to derail this thread which was about guild war not arena but rather that arena was the beginning of the end if true  we r at the end.

Consider guild war is pretty short time then done.  Most of the rewards are easily attainable.  Only minor rewards for top spots.  I doubt anything more than a title or some memento for being firstplace.

Now compare arena which is 24/7/365 and has cheat guilds cooking the books for cashing in on weekly free dimes which they can use to be better than the rest.   There is no comparison between the two.
I wouldn't go so far as to call them "cheat guilds" as they technically haven't broken any rules. The person who thought up the way to exploit this loophole in the Arena system is actually pretty smart. Gotta give props where props are due. But yes, it's a sign of poor sportsmanship if nothing else. Having the top positions rigged means there's less chance for those of us who actually try to play seriously to get to the higher ranks for the more juicy rewards. 
PR: FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: FEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun
LF: VR Greeks  Heart

ID: 21218485
Tldr

The current guild war is dead on arrival. It is still pve imo. No reason to invest anything in it.
I will say though, that most leavers will cite the lack of PVP as one of the reasons for leaving. The number of people who leave because of the lack of engaging PVE are very few. (personally I also play other gacha games with PVP, so I dont see the need for such in TOS)
ID: 54962818

Izanagi, Azathoth, Sakura, Mai KOF, whatever is fun to play with

Forum United 3 recruiting

Came here just to say I tried to contribute to the guild war by playing it, but have honestly zero clue how it works and whether I was making any appreciable difference.

Totally applaud MH for trying some new things and adding some variety, but yeah, I was just bewildered by it and kinda gave up.
The quick run-down of Guild Wars is basically:
  • Pay 1 Spirit for 30 minutes of play time. Alternatively, pay 2 Spirits for 30 minutes of play time plus 15 minutes of 1.5x point bonus upon finishing a battle.
  • Choose to either Attack by picking a battleground outside of your base or Defend by picking a battleground within your base. Both cost 20 Stamina.
  • If Attacking, each stage will grant 100 points when cleared. If you lose, every member of that team will be banned from Guild Wars for 24h.
  • If Defending, you start with 500 points and lose 50 points each time an enemy mob hits you.
  • Points earned are added to the total for determining who has control of that battleground.

Not sure how useful this is given that the event is over now and that first impressions don't look good, lol.
[Image: aJD4LR0.png]
I would say this was a first experiment is this guild war thing. By the numbers on EN server i would say It failed, but if it worked and got people into it on the CN side then we are going to see more Guild Wars as well as refined versions of it.
I personally didn't get the point of it, rewards were not that tasty and I just realized that we could play any stage in the game after activating that spirit thing and still get points but not stage domination.
The GW stages were lame at best, so i barely did some points and forgot to play it.

As this being the beginning of the end, that's trying to get too deep into shallow watters, its just a way to make us spend both stamina and spirit at the same time as we were not using spirits anyway
IGN: Desrt, ID:  70339822

I dont have VR Apollo, Atlantis, Anubis, CF or Sakura. For almost all else add me.