Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.9 Average
Guide to max skill Gemini, CD5 Defense, Offense Mode and non-farmable cards
First and foremost, special thanks and credits to all the forum members who helped to make this guide possible. Kittyeyaya, Poogu, Z4HL, DinneBolt, Amishah, XxXxX, NightEleven,VVV and many many many others.

I originally started this guide after getting my Gemini and chanced upon a thread on the chinese forum where the poster was able to max his Gemini to skill 15. Since then, there have been many inputs, improvements and findings by members from this forum and the chinese forum. I re-wrote this guide after taking on all these inputs and streamlined the process. Also expanded to other Defense Mode and Offense Mode skills as most of the steps are overlapped.

A. Basic understanding of how skill up works

There are 3 ways to up the skill. Bringing out for battle; feeding monsters of the same skill; using harpies. The core of this guide will be to feed monsters of the same skill. When you feed monsters of the same skill together, two things will happen. First, the "number of battle rounds" of all the feeders will be added to the main card. Second, there is a random chance of skill up by each feeder to the main card.

Refer to this thread for the chart on battle rounds for each level. Understanding the chart will be crucial on how to make your skill up most efficient.
http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-The-Most-Updated-Skill-Leveling-Guide
For example, if you feed 5 x skill1 1* slimes to a skill1 1* slime, you will end up with a slime of skill3, skill4 or skill5 1* slime. Why skill3? This is because the 6 slimes will have a total of 60 battle rounds (10 x 6) which will allow it to cross the skill3 level but fall short of skill4. Why skill4 or skill5 then? This is where the random chance of skill up comes into play. If its skill4, it means that one of the feeder gives a random skill up. If its skill5, it means that two or more feeders gives random skill up; as the max level of 1* slimes is capped at 5, you will only get a max of skill5.

B. Where to farm the feeders

I) For Defense Mode Ex (Gemini, all 4* slimes) and Defense Mode (Water ED, GSoF, Fire DS, Earth ED, Griffin, GSoD, all 2* slimes)

Farm at seal 1-3 of the respective areas. The possible drops are = lvl1 1* slime, lvl1 1* witch, lvl1 1* gnome, 1* evolve mat, small stones, CN novices. The steps are as follow:
1) Feed 3 x gnomes to witch to get her to lvl4. (Or any other higher level feeders)
2) Feed 2 x gnomes to witch or 3 evolve mat to get her to lvl3. (or any other higher level feeders)
3) Feed the lvl4 witch, lvl3 witch and 3 x lvl1 slimes to a lvl1 slime. You will get a max lvl 1* slime of skill3 to skill5. (This step is needed max the slime in order for the evolve to take place.)
4) Evolve that slime to 2*.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 to get many many 2* slimes.

This method is very efficient and focus as all the materials needed can be just farmed at 1-3 and there is no wastage. The downside will be the player level will grow very slowly.

II) For Offense Mode (GSoA, Ceberus, Diarmuid, Light DS, Baphmet, all 2* gnomes)

Farm at any seal 4-1 to 4-5 of the respective areas or farm at any zodiac master of the respective attribute. If farming at seal 4, the recommended place is seal 4-5. The only needed drop is 2* gnomes and they drop very frequently.

C. How to level up efficiently

I) For Defense Mode Ex (Gemini, all 4* slimes)

1) Choose a 2* slime of skill5 as the main card. Constantly feed 3 x skill3 - skill5 2* slimes to the main card until the main card finally hits skill 10. The idea here is to try to maximize the probablity of the random skill up through many many feed attempts. Feeding 3 at a time seems to yield the best result, both from reports by forum members as well as my personal experience.

2) Repeat step 1 until you get 3 x 2* slimes, all skill10.

3) Proceed to farm the evolve mats needed to evolve the 2* slimes to 3* slimes, ie 6 x 1* mat, 3 x 2* mat, 3 x 3* mat, 3 x 4* mat.

4) Evolve all the 3 x 2* slimes to 3 x 4* slimes REMEMBER to evolve your slime to 4* slime; otherwise its wasted effort and you will need to re-farm everything again

5) Feed the 3 x 4* slimes to your main card, ie Gemini

Note1: How does this work? Each skill10 slimes contains a battle round count of 8185. 3 of them will give a total of 24555, enough to exceed the skill15 requirement.

Note2: This method will work regardless of your Gemini skill level

Note3: If your Gemini is already skill 10 or above, you do not need 3 x slimes. Just form enough slimes so that you can total the battle experience to skill15.

Note4: I cant seems to get my slimes to skill10! What should I do? Similar to Note3, instead of getting 3 skill10 slimes, you can use more skill8-skill9 slimes, evolve them and feed to Gemini; just make sure all the slimes total/exceed skill15. However this also means you will need to farm for more evolve mats, which most of the existing max skill Gemini members will agree is more tedious and luck dependent than farming slimes.

Note5: In the previous version, you suggested to bring skill3-skill4 slimes out for battle to up to skill5. Why not do that now? Personally, I feel that there is no difference in the random skill up between skill3, skill4 or skill5. Hence, more effort can be focused into getting more 2* slimes rather than trying to up them to skill5. Also, I feel those battle rounds can be put into better use for other non-farmable cards, see Misc Section point 2.

Note6: I can also get 2* slimes on seal 6. Why not farm there? If you need to get your skill to max asap, then this method is still the fastest due to the good drop rate on 1-3. The encounter rate of slimes on seal 6 is not fantastic so it's not so ideal if u need many many slimes quickly. However, if u r not in an hurry to max your skill and can slowly wait out, then seal 6 will yield higher exp, coins.

II) For Defense Mode (Defense Mode (Water ED, GSoF, Fire DS, Earth ED, Griffin, GSoD, all 2* slimes)

1) Constantly feed 3 x skill3 - skill5 2* slimes to your main card until the main card finally hits skill 10. The idea here is to try to maximize the probablity of the random skill up through many many feed attempts. Feeding 3 at a time seems to yield the best result, both from reports by forum members as well as my personal experience.

Note1: This method will work regardless of your main card skill level

III) For Offense Mode (GSoA, Ceberus, Diarmuid, Light DS, Baphmet, all 2* gnomes)

1) Constantly feed 3 x 2* gnomes (regardless of skill level) to your main card until the main card finally hits skill 10. The idea here is to try to maximize the probablity of the random skill up through many many feed attempts. Feeding 3 at a time seems to yield the best result, both from reports by forum members as well as my personal experience.

Note1: This method will work regardless of your main card skill level

IV) Misc Notes

1) While you are farming for slimes or gnomes, consider filling up your team with cards whose CD are not max and their skills cannot be up via this method, ie diamond draw converters such as golems, converters that convert opposing and heart runes such as nezha etc, crowd controls such as isabelle. I have personally up my fox from skill1 to skill7-8 while farming for slimes and evolve mats.

2) There is some earlier knowledge on battle rounds accumulation, ie you can accumulate and exceed the battle rounds past the card's max level; this allows you to just focus/evolve a single slime to 4*. This method no longer works as MH has fixed this bug. Meaning all battle rounds will cap at the card's max skill level.

3) The full text of the original previous method is saved as an attachment on this thread

4) Dinnebolt has contributed this method of feeding :
Main card skill lv.1-5 - feed 5 feeders at a time.
Main card skill lv.5-7 feed 3 feeders at a time.
Main card skill lv.7+ feed 1 feeder at a time.

V) Hall of fame (For successful max skill Gemini members - last updated on 02/12/2013)

shue249, Amishah, k31717y, Ervid, mrlam13, tussinb, Z4HL, Poogu, Lejken, 1uc4, kittyeyaya, Xorath, banco3nguoi, kyucing, Leonkazan, MoonChild, Nigel, Loner, faustepg12, Floppy, Pershmegea, ralfhero, Gwydion, greatbigd, Nighteleven, TaintedOnes, AhGuang, jordan_brice

VI) How to max skill for limited quantities of non-farmable or very hard to farm cards
VVV has asked for a section on how to level up the skills for certain cards which you have limited quantities and is not farmable or at least not easily farmable. Here I give my humble opinion and if there are any suggestions, feel free to comment.

As the cards are not in abundance quantities, the earlier brute force approach to bank on the random skill up will not be applicable here; you may end up feeding all your precious cards with minimal or even zero skill ups. Hence, the other best approach is to bring the cards out for good old-fashion battles. The steps are as follow:

1. Look at the battle rounds chart and divide the total rounds of the max skill level of your card by your available card quantities. This will allow you to gauge the number of battle rounds you will need to bring each card for.

2. Form a full deck of the same cards, or as many as the team cost allows.

3. Bring this deck out for constant farming. The best choice will be seal 1-3 with 50% stamina bonus as each run only requires 3 stamina points. By bringing a full deck out, or at least as many cards, you are hastening the process as all the cards are gaining battle rounds at the same time.

4. Whenever any of the cards reach the required battle rounds you calculated at step 1, swap out the cards with fresh new cards.

5. Repeat steps 3-4 until all the cards reach the required battle rounds.

6. Feed everything to the main card to get max skill.

Example 1: I have 3 x PQoW. PQoW max skill level is 15. This is no doubt a very painful process; doable but painful. From the battle chart, 23192/3 = 7730. This means I need to bring the 3 PQoW out for 7731 battles rounds. Considering seal 1-3, it will be a total of 7731/5 = 1547 battles, which means a total of 4638 stamina (assuming seal 1-3 at 50% stamina). Each day we have 144 stamina. Ignoring level ups stamina refills and diamond restore, we will need a total of 4638/144 = 32-33 days of non stop training. Do also not that the battle rounds 23192 for skill 15 is an estimate. The actual may be slightly higher which means it will probably be best to get the 3 PQoW to skill10 before you feed all three together.

Example 2: I have 15 x Yans. Similarly, Yan max skill is 15, but this will be less painful than PQoW, provided you have sufficient team cost to put in 5 Yans. Using the same method, 23192/15 = 1547 battle rounds only. If I can bring 5 Yans at a time, the total battle rounds needed will be 1547 x 3 (3 teams of 5 Yans each) = 4641. This equates to 19-20 days. One thing to take note is that 1547 battle rounds fall in midway of skill7 and skill8; hence you may need to manual track the battles done; using skill8 as an indication may be too much battle rounds wastage. Also as I have more cards here, once I get first team of Yans done, I can start to feed 3 to one main card. This is to take advantage of any possible random skill up. If any skill ups happen, then re-adjust the battle rounds needed for the subsequent teams; even if luck doesn't favor you at all, at least you will still be guaranteed the max skill through the original planning.

Attached Files
.txt   previous_method.txt (Size: 5.32 KB / Downloads: 404)
[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
Thanks, tempted to try in my alt account since my main account doesn't have Pollux.

[Image: 14238217_2117847809.png]

[Image: 455df34e.jpg]

Ally level max: PR Nezha and PR Freyja= Main Ally,
All Norse Gods, PKOE, AoD, AoF, Poppy, Pollux, Domon, Pisces, Virgo, Minamoto, Astaroth, Odin, PR Molly.
Just message me in game if you need those ally.
Very interesting and just in time as I am planning to max my Gemini’s skill level as well. I guess this is going to be a more tedious and frustrating project than the Urd one, but it will be worth it in the end. - You may only be able to activate Urd’s skill once in a battle (against the boss), but Gemini’s kill can be used much more frequently (CD5) and he has much better stats than GSoD.

My Gemini’s skill level is 6 already (fingers crossed). I also have one 4* slime on skill lvl 10 and 3 4* slimes on skill lvl 5. My original plan was to get 2 more 4* lvl 5 slimes and feed all five of them to the lvl 10 one, but according to your information, it won’t work? Does that mean all my 4* slimes are useless now? Can I at least use the lvl 10 one as one of the level up material?

It is rather strange that lvl 9 slimes get better results than lvl 10 slimes from level ups. I would love to know the reasons behind it. Was there an explanation from the Chinese forum? I will also post my results here for comparison.

Ty so much my Gemini is first skill only so this should work
[Image: 3250089_1153130463.png]
(08-28-2013, 12:39 PM)Kittyeyaya Wrote: Very interesting and just in time as I am planning to max my Gemini’s skill level as well. I guess this is going to be a more tedious and frustrating project than the Urd one, but it will be worth it in the end. - You may only be able to activate Urd’s skill once in a battle (against the boss), but Gemini’s kill can be used much more frequently (CD5) and he has much better stats than GSoD.

My Gemini’s skill level is 6 already (fingers crossed). I also have one 4* slime on skill lvl 10 and 3 4* slimes on skill lvl 5. My original plan was to get 2 more 4* lvl 5 slimes and feed all five of them to the lvl 10 one, but according to your information, it won’t work? Does that mean all my 4* slimes are useless now? Can I at least use the lvl 10 one as one of the level up material?

It is rather strange that lvl 9 slimes get better results than lvl 10 slimes from level ups. I would love to know the reasons behind it. Was there an explanation from the Chinese forum? I will also post my results here for comparison.

Actually u r the main motivation for me posting this as I accept your friend request and saw u r at skill5 Smile

U can definitely use the skill 10 as a material. Just dun use skill10 as your main card.

There is another article I read where one uses a skill 1 as the main card and keep feeding higher level skill. E.g. first round feed 5 skill5 to a skill1. Assume that skill1 goes to skill7. Then take skill7 plus another 4 skill5 and feed to another skill1. That skill7 may go up skill8-9. Then just repeat until skill15. But since he is the one person who tried it, the sample size is not big enuff to determine the success rate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
(08-28-2013, 12:54 PM)shue249 Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 12:39 PM)Kittyeyaya Wrote: Very interesting and just in time as I am planning to max my Gemini’s skill level as well. I guess this is going to be a more tedious and frustrating project than the Urd one, but it will be worth it in the end. - You may only be able to activate Urd’s skill once in a battle (against the boss), but Gemini’s kill can be used much more frequently (CD5) and he has much better stats than GSoD.

Actually u r the main motivation for me posting this as I accept your friend request and saw u r at skill5 Smile

U can definitely use the skill 10 as a material. Just dun use skill10 as your main card.

There is another article I read where one uses a skill 1 as the main card and keep feeding higher level skill. E.g. first round feed 5 skill5 to a skill1. Assume that skill1 goes to skill7. Then take skill7 plus another 4 skill5 and feed to another skill1. That skill7 may go up skill8-9. Then just repeat until skill15. But since he is the one person who tried it, the sample size is not big enuff to determine the success rate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Really? Thanks. I feel honoured. =)
The other good thing about maxing Gemini’s skill is that there is no time limit. Unlike the Urd event, I don’t need to complete it within one week time.
Thanks for sharing. Trying it out now. Should be a much more pleasant experience than Urd - I spent 4 days farming her and in the end only got skill level to go from 9 to 11... I would really love to have a max skill Gemini.
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds Heart

[Image: 7c52d11a.jpg]
Sounds easier than the last guide that was posted. Definitely giving this a try, really want Gemini to hit 5 CD.
[Image: ArtemisV2_zps76afd7ca.png]
I got mine to lvl 14 by doing the path from the skill inheritance post sometime ago here. I just make 2nd tier slime skill level 10 then evolved it. then fed it to Gemini. his skill skills went from 5 to 10. then fed him 4 harpies. now i'll just get the harpy from the initial purchase to make it to cd 5. Smile
[Image: 4bf23ac1.jpg] [Image: 2rpz70i.gif]

(08-28-2013, 02:27 PM)winterchillz Wrote: I got mine to lvl 14 by doing the path from the skill inheritance post sometime ago here. I just make 2nd tier slime skill level 10 then evolved it. then fed it to Gemini. his skill skills went from 5 to 10. then fed him 4 harpies. now i'll just get the harpy from the initial purchase to make it to cd 5. Smile

congrats!

I'm so stingy with harpies, haven't used a single one. Hoping to save them for cards with unique skills...
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds Heart

[Image: 7c52d11a.jpg]