Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.55 Average
Guide for all newbies
Wink 
1. Starting the game

Some Tech about Save and Reset Ur initial summon card

2. General Overview of all card series in game, find the one u love
available on my blog

http://ariotowerofsaviorguide.blog.com/2013/02/15/tower-of-saviors-all-card-series-introduction/

3. Top cards to start your game (updated 06-12-2013)

http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-new-TOP-ranking-cards-to-start-game

4. Guide on leveling up your monsters

http://www.gamespot.com/tower-of-saviors/forum/guide-on-how-to-level-up-your-monsters-lvl-fast--29357714/

5. Exp Table for Slimes, Elves and Witches. Ready to max your card from lvl 1 to lvl 70 in one day for free

http://www.gamespot.com/tower-of-saviors/forum/witches-elf-and-smile-exp-table-updated-max-70-lvl-in-1-day-29359435/

6. Drop spots for evolution materials

http://www.gamespot.com/tower-of-saviors/forum/materials-to-evolving-cards-drop-spot-29354710/
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190883431035645.7311.187053984751923&type=3 (credits to Sambo)

7. Card gallery
http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gallery

Thanks for the help Ario, much appreciated!

Hi guys, I've updated the thread with more resources, do check them out when you're in need of help/information.

(03-01-2013, 01:00 PM)TelLythari Wrote: Hi guys, I've updated the thread with more resources, do check them out when you're in need of help/information.

I updated my blog with more detailed general guide by over viewing all card series in game, should be very helpful for everyone
Hi guys, I've been lurking in so many forums, and seen tonnes of posts by Ario almost everywhere lol.
Anyways, I've just started in the game and in need of some guidance.

I'm currently in my early 30's level, and I would like to know the best way to level up my cards cos I'm pretty much stuck at the pre-third seal tower quests, the elemental islands.
Guess the cards I have just aren't of high enough level to clear those easily.

From the guides, I know that it's suggested that I farm the 2* witches and slimes, feed them with junk cards before feeding them to the main am I right?
Where exactly do I farm them?
I stupidly cleared them all out feeding all junk including the witches to my main team so I have no idea in which places I got the cards from so I can farm them.

It is mentioned that its from the "side quests".
Where are these side quests?
Is it from the tower itself before the main battle or the elemental islands?
I'm currently still clearing the elemental islands pre-third seal.
You can farm the witches in the elemental islands quite easily, especially in the 3rd seal levels, but 3rd seal level witches start at level 3, so they'll cost more if you really feed them. Best is to try and farm them at the 1st seal elemental levels (I usually go for the penultimate stage because the boss at the last stage takes extra time and effort to kill, although it is generally accepted that the best return on your stamina expenditure is always at the last stage). The stuff you feed them can be farmed from any level, but I like the 3rd seal levels (again, the penultimate stages) because you get lots of elves and wolves, and those give good exp for level up. At 2nd seal levels, you get a lot of lizards and gnomes, and those are terrible. At level 1 you get slimes, but they're not as good as the elves and wolves (although better than the lizards and gnomes). I normally just farm 3rd seal elemental islands and pay the extra cost for feeding a level 3 magic girl instead of a level 1. iirc level 1 magic girls eat cards at 100 gold per card (or 500 gold for a full 5-card levelup) while level 3 girls eat at 300 per card or 1500 gold for a full 5-card level up) so over time it does add up, but I don't play as much as other people and so it's not that bad.

The side quests refer to the quests in the Lost Relic (the floating fortress above the Glacial Iceberg in the top left hand corner of the map). The two main quests which are really good for level up are Transmigration and the daily instant battle (which is only active for an hour every day). Both quests drop soulstones, which are the best level up cards on a standalone (you don't need to, nor can you, feed them) basis. Transmigration is a series of 50 stages, and every 5th level after the first (i.e. level 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 etc..) is a soulstone loot level. None of the other levels drop cards. The first 14 levels are fairly straightforward (meaning that the soulstones in level 1, 6 and 11 are pretty much given as free gifts), while level 15 - 21 should be just about doable for you at level 30 depending on your cards. I am level 49, and I'm currently stuck at level 25 where I get completely outmatched, but that's still 5 soulstones worth of loot (one each from levels 1, 6, 11, 16 and 21). You can only play Transmigration once a day, and you get to keep the soulstones you have collected even if you fail to finish the whole 50-stage gauntlet. Every day, at midnight, the quest becomes available again, so as long as you start today's before 11.59pm, you'll be able to start the next one after midnight.

Instant battles are much easier, as they're just 5-stage quests all involving soulstones, and easily cleared with an army of magic girls. You need to do them at the correct random hour each day, though, or you miss them. Every midnight we get notices detailing the events for the next day, and on the 3rd page there's an event highlighted in yellow - that would be the instant battle. They're easy and a great way to get soulstones, but cost 20 stamina to do, so most of us only get to do it twice or thrice depending on our stamina. If you are willing to spend diamonds or have stamina refills handy, you could run it as many times as you want during that hour. My tactic is to try and get my levelup progress to about 90% before the appointed hour, and then the two instant battles will level me (or if they fail I can always run a normal quest to level up), letting me do another two for a grand total of 4 Instant battles or 20 soulstone cards. Instant battle cards are also nicer because they're themed, so today's were all fire, tomorrow's are all water etc.. only light and dark are mixed together, I think.

Good luck, and happy hunting. It looks really tedious, but once you get into the routine of the side quests as well, you'll find that you can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I actually managed to level Flamisaur up to 50 this way (never thought I'd get there) although I still lack the cards to evolve him.
[Image: bd7cfb6a.jpg]
(03-06-2013, 04:09 AM)Charsiupao Wrote: You can farm the witches in the elemental islands quite easily, especially in the 3rd seal levels, but 3rd seal level witches start at level 3, so they'll cost more if you really feed them. Best is to try and farm them at the 1st seal elemental levels (I usually go for the penultimate stage because the boss at the last stage takes extra time and effort to kill, although it is generally accepted that the best return on your stamina expenditure is always at the last stage). The stuff you feed them can be farmed from any level, but I like the 3rd seal levels (again, the penultimate stages) because you get lots of elves and wolves, and those give good exp for level up. At 2nd seal levels, you get a lot of lizards and gnomes, and those are terrible. At level 1 you get slimes, but they're not as good as the elves and wolves (although better than the lizards and gnomes). I normally just farm 3rd seal elemental islands and pay the extra cost for feeding a level 3 magic girl instead of a level 1. iirc level 1 magic girls eat cards at 100 gold per card (or 500 gold for a full 5-card levelup) while level 3 girls eat at 300 per card or 1500 gold for a full 5-card level up) so over time it does add up, but I don't play as much as other people and so it's not that bad.

The side quests refer to the quests in the Lost Relic (the floating fortress above the Glacial Iceberg in the top left hand corner of the map). The two main quests which are really good for level up are Transmigration and the daily instant battle (which is only active for an hour every day). Both quests drop soulstones, which are the best level up cards on a standalone (you don't need to, nor can you, feed them) basis. Transmigration is a series of 50 stages, and every 5th level after the first (i.e. level 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 etc..) is a soulstone loot level. None of the other levels drop cards. The first 14 levels are fairly straightforward (meaning that the soulstones in level 1, 6 and 11 are pretty much given as free gifts), while level 15 - 21 should be just about doable for you at level 30 depending on your cards. I am level 49, and I'm currently stuck at level 25 where I get completely outmatched, but that's still 5 soulstones worth of loot (one each from levels 1, 6, 11, 16 and 21). You can only play Transmigration once a day, and you get to keep the soulstones you have collected even if you fail to finish the whole 50-stage gauntlet. Every day, at midnight, the quest becomes available again, so as long as you start today's before 11.59pm, you'll be able to start the next one after midnight.

Instant battles are much easier, as they're just 5-stage quests all involving soulstones, and easily cleared with an army of magic girls. You need to do them at the correct random hour each day, though, or you miss them. Every midnight we get notices detailing the events for the next day, and on the 3rd page there's an event highlighted in yellow - that would be the instant battle. They're easy and a great way to get soulstones, but cost 20 stamina to do, so most of us only get to do it twice or thrice depending on our stamina. If you are willing to spend diamonds or have stamina refills handy, you could run it as many times as you want during that hour. My tactic is to try and get my levelup progress to about 90% before the appointed hour, and then the two instant battles will level me (or if they fail I can always run a normal quest to level up), letting me do another two for a grand total of 4 Instant battles or 20 soulstone cards. Instant battle cards are also nicer because they're themed, so today's were all fire, tomorrow's are all water etc.. only light and dark are mixed together, I think.

Good luck, and happy hunting. It looks really tedious, but once you get into the routine of the side quests as well, you'll find that you can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I actually managed to level Flamisaur up to 50 this way (never thought I'd get there) although I still lack the cards to evolve him.

Holy Cheese!

Thanks for the lengthy reply!
This will surely help me (and hopefully many others too)!

Cheers!!!
As pointed out in one of the resources above, 1 star soul stones are not very cost efficient for leveling your monsters. What you should do is save the elves/witches you get, level them using those 1 stars and other trash mobs you get, then feed the elves/witches to the monster you're leveling. The reason is because feeding EXP in this game is determined by the level of the monster used as feed, and most of the common encounters give way less than what elves and witches give per level.

They're most efficient at about level 10, which is a bit more than 3 small soul stones ~9-10k.
And just for reference, these are the feeding EXP per level for the monsters I mentioned:
Same color bonus = 1.5x exp gained

Elves 1st form - 430 (645 to same color 6450 at level 10)
Elves 2nd form - 950 (1425 to same color 14250 at level 10)

Witch 1st form - 825 (1237.5 to same color, 12375 at level 10)
Witch 2nd form - 1600 (2400 to same color, 24000 at level 10)

Stone - 3000 (4500 to same color)
Soulstone - 6000 (9000 to same color)
Great soulstone - 30000 (45000 to same color)

And alternatively:
Wolf 1st form - ~445 (670 to same color)
Wolf 2nd form - 750 (1125 to same color)

By the way, since you're still low leveled, you could make use of that by planning ahead and leveling during the soul stone hours each day. Just get enough exp so that you're anywhere between needing 201 to 399 exp to level up, as each run gives exactly 200.

P.S. I did not even mention slimes (smiles) because they're absolutely terrible and not worth mentioning
I made a thread here from my research since the beginning for you to get an idea which cards are best to sacrifice. (Witches and Elves obviously as most already know haha)
Your results explained the inconsistency I was getting! Coming from PnD I had assumed that the system would be similar, and never thought that there was a different initial EXP for level 1.