Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
[Guide+Theorycraft]Draconomicon - Return of the Servants (Updating Soon!)
(06-30-2014, 12:29 AM)DarchZero Wrote: Novalis is not yet outclassed due to the fact that:
1. It doesn't require a Power Release
2. Nidhogg is not simply accessible to most players
3. How (in the seven levels of inferno) is Light DS, who supports the same risky mechanism of 6-runes-dissolve but somehow without an internal 50% damage bonus, better than Novalis?
Number 3 is more of a question than a fact, it seems.

Nitecat eventually came to a conclusion that Light DS is better than Novalis when he was testing nidhogg for a few reasons:

1) If you fail to spin 6 runes together, your damage is crap. The 150% bonus damage of Novalis makes little difference. This is a situation you should avoid at all cost. If you fail, you lose either way.

2) It's much easier to hit 6 runes with Light DS because his ability allows you to use hearts.

3) Light DS allows you to stall better since you can deliberately deal lower damage than Novalis if you don't spin 6 runes.

Hope this answers the question. For most dragon users (Myself included) who were testing Nidhogg back then, we experimented between Light DS and Novalis as leader (since Light DS was still used back then). Not sure about other players but my conclusion was similar to Nitecat's.

ID 27 321 367

Regular Ally: Max CD PR Daji

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

(06-30-2014, 12:29 AM)DarchZero Wrote:
(06-29-2014, 04:29 PM)qlwkejrh Wrote: Cool guide!
Out of curiosity, which is better against overheal monsters?
Nidhogg + PR RBG ED (Not combo reliant by current HP reliant)
or Dual L/D ED.(Combo reliant)

An overheal monster usually hits very hard to stop you from overhealing yourself. I would recommend you to use the top build because:
1. Unless the enemy hits for 90% of your health per turn, overhealing with PR RGB ED only requires you 2 sets of 3 heart runes. However, for efficient overhealing, you must be injured, the bloodier the better. PR RGB ED healing is based on percentage, therefore the more injured you are, the more you are healed. Nidhogg's bites helps you achieve that goal, indirectly.
2. Nidhogg's amplified HP means you will heal by a percentage of your missing HP, which in this case, a big chunk. Two sets of heart runes can deal up to 14k of overhealing damage, something dual Faugn/Tulzscha can't normally achieve.

This, however, will be a long grind. But if you are trying to win against overheal monsters with dragons...it might not be your best choice after all.
Thanks for your reply.
Correct me if i'm wrong, isn't it 9 heart runes(regardless of combo) to heal full/overheal? Since each dragon is 2% of missing hp/heart rune, it will be 12%/heart rune and 108% for 9 heart runes?

By the way I think dragon overheal would be quite safe. Since overheal stage tend to not have instances require very strong burst, I would assume both team I suggest would at least have 3 PR ED,
Novalis and Ursula can be swapped for 2 PR ED
Team 1: Nidhogg+Novalis+Ursula+RGB PR ED
Team 2: PR Dark+Novalis+Ursula+2 of RGB+PR Dark

Basically Paired with their Almerisation (i can't spell), 25% heart for at least half the board and lots of heart converter. Although this amount cannot be compared to Water greek lust or randeng/yangjian, it is faster than most other grinding decks. And I am pretty much convinced that Team 1 is better for overheal after checking the info on 7th seal Nidhogg and Virgo Extra.

Of course, realistically not a lot of people will have 3 soul 4 PR ED. But this also proof that Dragon deck is very flexible to play now, possibly more worth investing than many other deck.

Out of curiosity again, after mentioning about dark ds not being able to count 6 heart to have 300% dmg, does this mean if Dark ds+Pr dark ed, dissolving heart (despite having 50% dark effect) will not trigger the 300% dmg?

Not sure if Dual Gemini with circe is better than the team below...
[Image: 3bc4ef19.jpg]
And the standard OP team.
[Image: 7227a197.jpg]
(06-30-2014, 12:46 AM)Huat Wrote: Just wanted to add an observation, my current team is PR Faugn, PR Dagon, Water DS, Water DS, Dark DS, PR Faugn. My second Ursula does not get the bonus attack from PR Dagon, and the ally PR Faugn does not get a bonus from my Dark DS.

I have the same team! When I need Nidhogg as ally, I just throw dagon as leader and swap out either faugn or an Ursula for Byakhee. It really depends on the stage lol. It is nice to know the bonus does not apply to duplicates in the team. I never really thought to check.

I just wanted to add that cassandra isn't going to work well without EDs that add rcr, 2 are best. This is because pr r/g/b ed take your rcr away and add it to atk, making cass active pointless. And with out the extra rcr of the other EDs, the rcr is so low that it isn't going to add much to your atk, you are better off with another dragon. That said, Cassandra increases the atk of dragons by at least 1000 when used with dual PR Faugn or Tulzscha. That's a nice boost!

Edit: I just read the research thread on cassandra, good stuff!

The will to live/ ED max bonus is x 200%, not x 100%.

(06-30-2014, 01:00 AM)Ixidor Wrote:
(06-30-2014, 12:29 AM)DarchZero Wrote: Novalis is not yet outclassed due to the fact that:
1. It doesn't require a Power Release
2. Nidhogg is not simply accessible to most players
3. How (in the seven levels of inferno) is Light DS, who supports the same risky mechanism of 6-runes-dissolve but somehow without an internal 50% damage bonus, better than Novalis?
Number 3 is more of a question than a fact, it seems.

Nitecat eventually came to a conclusion that Light DS is better than Novalis when he was testing nidhogg for a few reasons:

1) If you fail to spin 6 runes together, your damage is crap. The 150% bonus damage of Novalis makes little difference. This is a situation you should avoid at all cost. If you fail, you lose either way.

2) It's much easier to hit 6 runes with Light DS because his ability allows you to use hearts.

3) Light DS allows you to stall better since you can deliberately deal lower damage than Novalis if you don't spin 6 runes.

Hope this answers the question. For most dragon users (Myself included) who were testing Nidhogg back then, we experimented between Light DS and Novalis as leader (since Light DS was still used back then). Not sure about other players but my conclusion was similar to Nitecat's.

I agree, as leader skill goes, Honor is better than Novalis, mind you heart runes is useless in a DS deck but Honor give them some meaning. You will almost never run out of 6 runes with Honor leader

That said, Novalis is a better when you don't need Honor active, the difference in leader skill is there, but it's not very significant. The only reason you'd use Honor is for a mega burst, as of now Double dark golem is usually better if you own them.
[Image: e9fb2371.jpg]
[Image: 8b15b740.jpg]
(06-30-2014, 03:15 AM)Brittney Wrote: That said, Cassandra increases the atk of dragons by at least 1000 when used with dual PR Faugn or Tulzscha. That's a nice boost!

Edit: I just read the research thread on cassandra, good stuff!

The will to live/ ED max bonus is x 200%, not x 100%.
Thank you! I also notice that in this case, we can't really exploit Cassandra to its gamebreaking extent since allowing her on the team while still allowing healing without any recovery reduction would be, well, gamebreaking. Either you utilize a deadly team and be unable to heal, or use a mediocre team with boosted attack, but still regenerating.

Also, I think you misread since i said it's "bonus" not "multiplier", so i'm saying it's +100%ATK since it's bonus, while multiplier would rightly be written x200%ATK. Which one do you think is better?

(06-30-2014, 06:27 PM)Balaur Wrote: I agree, as leader skill goes, Honor is better than Novalis, mind you heart runes is useless in a DS deck but Honor give them some meaning. You will almost never run out of 6 runes with Honor leader
Okay, as a big fan of Novalis, now I am both confused and offended (more former than the latter, worry not). Can anyone please enlighten me on how Honour's and Novalis' leader skill work? Does it mean dissolving 6 runes of the same colour increase the respective elemental attack or the whole team? Or one functions differently than the others?
UID:29234960 | PRFaugnIVMAX, PRAthenaIVMAX,PRNidhoggMAX, PRNezhaIVMAX
Guild ID: 2016 | Join us in this fateful year! 

Draconomicon
(06-30-2014, 07:33 PM)DarchZero Wrote: Okay, as a big fan of Novalis, now I am both confused and offended (more former than the latter, worry not). Can anyone please enlighten me on how Honour's and Novalis' leader skill work? Does it mean dissolving 6 runes of the same colour increase the respective elemental attack or the whole team? Or one functions differently than the others?

I'm pretty sure that for both, dissolving a 6 rune chain of any color will increase the attack of all dragons.

The difference is that Honor counts 6 rune chains of hearts and Novalis doesn't count heart runes, but has a base multiplier.

At least, that was how it was explained to me...
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Have:
- Abraham, VR Elizabeth, Guan Yu
- Chessia, Nobunaga, Mai Shiranui
- Izanagi, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi
- Lu Bu, Rose, Khaos
...and others...
@Darch
Novalis leader skill:
As long as you dissolve 6 runes of the same element EXCEPT FOR HEARTS: 300% dragon attack
Otherwise: 150% dragon attack
These effects don't stack

Honor leader skill:
As long as you dissolve 6 runes of the same element INCLUDING HEARTS: 300% dragon attack

Ixidor have stated all the advantages of using Honor leader above Smile
(06-30-2014, 07:51 PM)agnesi Wrote: I'm pretty sure that for both, dissolving a 6 rune chain of any color will increase the attack of all dragons.

The difference is that Honor counts 6 rune chains of hearts and Novalis doesn't count heart runes, but has a base multiplier.

At least, that was how it was explained to me...

(06-30-2014, 07:58 PM)Balaur Wrote: @Darch
Novalis leader skill:
As long as you dissolve 6 runes of the same element EXCEPT FOR HEARTS: 300% dragon attack
Otherwise: 150% dragon attack
These effects don't stack

Honor leader skill:
As long as you dissolve 6 runes of the same element INCLUDING HEARTS: 300% dragon attack

Isidro have stated all the advantages of using Honor leader above Smile
BLOODY BUGGERS! MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!
...so the conditions to trigger them is apparently just like Malphas. Any runestone. I thought it had to be Dark or Water. *sob*

[email protected]

Going to fix this on the main page soon.
UID:29234960 | PRFaugnIVMAX, PRAthenaIVMAX,PRNidhoggMAX, PRNezhaIVMAX
Guild ID: 2016 | Join us in this fateful year! 

Draconomicon
Damn autocorrect XD
Glad to be able to contribute Smile
(06-28-2014, 04:08 AM)DarchZero Wrote:
(06-28-2014, 03:46 AM)Shoikan Wrote: OK Dodgy I really need that card. Thanks for the input.

You can add a fellow Novalis from the forum. I am sure I could spare mine if you add me as an ally, although do message me when you need it. I will lend it to you for the next 24 hours (or more if i forget to take him down.)

For deck recommendations, yes, everybody got it right on the dollar with Ursula/Novalis. Cassandra works well in this team too because you regain life through lifesteal, so your REC is obsolete, which can be converted into attack.
It would be somewhere around:
Ursula/Cassandra/FILLER/FILLER/Dark Golem/Novalis
Where the fillers can be GSoA or AoA for water conversions since you won't need Hearts anyways, more Dark Golems or more Ursulas. This will give you a bicolor gameplay, which makes things easier especially for enchanted runestones.

Thanks DarchZero, that deck I can form cause yesterday I draw a Belial Golem so I'll go:

Ursula (L) + Cass / GeoA (can Pr) / Dark Golem / Dark Golem + Novalis (A)

Regards and friend request sent