Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Poll: Is This Guide Useful To You?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Guide For Dark Mono Decks
(08-30-2013, 03:42 AM)Nitecat(SG) Wrote: 1. Norse style (Most stable and constant dark deck, has high recovery too)

Loki (leader)
Odin
Felix
Isabelle/Gemini/Gsod
Dark Golem/Baphomet
+
Fox (ally)

Cons: lowest damage burst compared to other dark setups stated below

If I may, this deck setup has the potential to deal 2 mil in a single turn with the right number of runes, using baph as leader and replacing Loki with Artemis. Although the burst dmg may not be as uber as Greek mono, at this moment 2 mil dmg shld be sufficient to KO any boss in 1 turn, which to me is more than sufficient.

A con that I will like to share is there is higher rate of running out of dark runes, as compared to Greek mono.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
Oh and yes for VictoryLaw, low cd cards is kinda a must.

[Image: r4k2.png]
Elf Deck In Use
(08-30-2013, 12:55 PM)shue249 Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 03:42 AM)Nitecat(SG) Wrote: 1. Norse style (Most stable and constant dark deck, has high recovery too)

Loki (leader)
Odin
Felix
Isabelle/Gemini/Gsod
Dark Golem/Baphomet
+
Fox (ally)

If I may, this deck setup has the potential to deal 2 mil in a single turn with the right number of runes, using baph as leader and replacing Loki with Artemis. Although the burst dmg may not be as uber as Greek mono, at this moment 2 mil dmg shld be sufficient to KO any boss in 1 turn, which to me is more than sufficient.

A con that I will like to share is there is higher rate of running out of dark runes, as compared to Greek mono.

Oh, I forgot, nitecat. This is an excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
(08-30-2013, 12:44 PM)Poogu Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 11:53 AM)VictoryLaw Wrote: May i check why dark sirius isnt in the team? and is a low CD rune converter a definite must in this team? IE Baho / Golem / GSOD

This is what I think, OP pls correct me if I'm wrong.

When version 3.1 rolls around, Odin+Loki will have a team skill that converts light, heart and dark runes all into enchanted dark runes. This is basically the same as using Sirius skill followed by Loki skill. In that case, since Odin has better stats than Sirius, it makes more sense to use Odin.

Having Odin also gives one super high damage option that isn't available with Sirius. If you can manage to get to the boss with your Baph+GSOD/Gemini skills still unused, you can use those + Loki alone to get the same light,heart,dark to enchanted dark result. Odin's own skill, power surge, can also be used on top of that for an even more insane amount of damage. Seriously, when your HP is low, GSOD+Baph+Loki+Odin+Fox can do millions of damage.

As for the low CD converters, I think they are very important. Loki/Odin/Sirius/Felix/Fox nukes are very powerful, but they can be used maybe once or twice during a battle because of the high CD, so they have to be saved for the boss. Along the way, you may need to get some emergency heart or dark runes when battling minions, or to do a small burst for mini-bosses, so the faster the cooldown, the easier it is for you to survive to the boss and drop the big nuke.

Yes you are correct.

(08-30-2013, 12:55 PM)shue249 Wrote:

Loki (leader)
Odin
Felix
Isabelle/Gemini/Gsod
Dark Golem/Baphomet
+
Fox (ally)

Reason Loki is a must is because of the combo with Odin, in any case your style works too :-)

(08-30-2013, 12:41 PM)VVV Wrote: Hey nitecat, great work!

As someone has mentions before, could you include possible substitutes to some of the more expensive and exclusive cards?

And, could you also do a light mono guide please Tongue

Already included Gsod in it Smile ok i will do a light one as well when i can ^^

Elf Deck In Use
(08-31-2013, 01:33 AM)Ballsax Wrote: Double Loki no good?

It is good but not as efficient

Elf Deck In Use
(08-30-2013, 06:41 AM)Nitecat(SG) Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 05:00 AM)LeeMrLee Wrote: hi I have 6* Daji, 5* John assassin of darkness, GSoD 4* dark pally, 4* kid baphomet, 4* decapator and I'm trying to build a mono dark team. I was thinking use all apart from decapator with either Artemis/Loki/Baphomet ally and level them all up until I can evolve or get better cards, but would you have any suggestions for what to aim for?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

According to ur cards....

Daji (leader)
Cancer
Gsod
Baphomet
Artemis
+
Loki (ally)

This should last u through even some of the grandmaster stages.

(08-30-2013, 05:24 AM)skizzo Wrote: great guide ...
unfortunately for high level team of 150 +
would be useful to make a variation to 75 team cost Sad
sorry for my poor english...Sad

Your signature deck is already seriously good enough, Odin and Lunar Sirius is only meant for players who already had enough teamcost and the suggestions in the guide is meant for the "best" possible builds only.

Thanks for all the advice you gave me nitecat: D
however now playing odin instead of artemis and gemini full skill instead of GSOD: D
[Image: 5d3ce93d.jpg]
[Image: 80e2d11a.jpg]
my ally: fox queen daji
need: artemis, fox queen daji, sagittarius, PKoE
I'm curious, because I just pulled an Unjust Soldier/Lubu yesterday.

Currently using Loki + Felix + Odin + PKOD + GSOD (for insurance) + Fox (ally).

Don't have a Gemini (and can't seem to get one). If i did, it'll replace my GSOD.

Don't have a Baph either, but Loki + Felix + Odin works just as well, if not better

So i'm eager to know where Lubu will fit in. For a card that deals 30% damage to the boss up front, it seems to have been forgotten?

Skill trigger sequence: Lubu - Odin (yeah!) - Felix - Loki - Fox - PKOD (if the joker is still standing)

Signatures are just taking too much space... 
Since you are not converting runes and has PKOD as part of your team, i would suggest replacing GSOD and use Lu Bu because of the great dombo of PKOD + Lu Bu = instant -50% hp of all bosses

Elf Deck In Use
Hi, upon reading this post i take a look at my cards n i form the following team using my dark cards

Ldr: loki
GSOD
baphomet
lubu
PKOD
ally: fox queen

aside from ur recommended team for 1turn kill burst dmg,
im wondering if this team is viable, in the sense, the overall survivability.
as most of the cards i mention are at low/mid lvl, so i cant really gauge the whether overall this layout is good.
(09-06-2013, 07:25 PM)kai90 Wrote: Hi, upon reading this post i take a look at my cards n i form the following team using my dark cards

Ldr: loki
GSOD
baphomet
lubu
PKOD
ally: fox queen

aside from ur recommended team for 1turn kill burst dmg,
im wondering if this team is viable, in the sense, the overall survivability.
as most of the cards i mention are at low/mid lvl, so i cant really gauge the whether overall this layout is good.

The layout you mentioned is fine especially when you do not have Odin or Sirius in your deck.

Btw what are your other dark cards?

Elf Deck In Use