Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Poll: Is This Guide Useful To You?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Guide For Dark Mono Decks
Version 3.1

Due to overwhelming questions and enquries of Dark Mono decks, i shall place a simple guide here for new players to see.

This is the edited version of dark mono from my previous post...

There is a total of 4 types of Dark mono deck.

Those that are marked with a * when in multiple choice of units means priority team member card to use.

1. Norse style (Most stable and constant dark deck, has high recovery too)

Loki (leader)
Odin
Felix
Isabelle/Gemini*/Gsod
Scorpio*/Gargoyle Golem/Baphomet
+
Fox (ally)

Strategy: form 3 of a kind of dark runes on single enemy or 5 of a kind dark runes on multiple enemies while clearing other useless runes + combo as much as possible.

Pretty straight cut if you ask me.

1. Odin + Loki to combo to create Enchanted runes for burst
2. Daji + Felix for combo for a very high stack of damage on bosses
3. Dark Golem for 5cd convert light to dark runes
4. Gsod/Gemini* + Scorpio*/Baphomet for another Enchanted rune burst

Pros: Constant attacks, best against regular mobs

Pros: High recovery and stats

Pros: Odin + Loki combo = light, heart, dark runes converted into enchanted dark runes.

Pros: Felix + Fox combo kills most of the bosses in one hit

Cons: lowest damage burst compared to other dark setups stated below
=================================================================
2. Greek style (Highest stacked damage against bosses however not suggested for beginners)

a. Standard Greek Deck
Artemis (leader)
Lunar Sirius
Gemini
Scorpio*/Baphomet
Isabelle/Scorpio
+
Artemis (ally)

b. High Burst Type Greek Deck
Artemis (leader)
Lunar Sirius
Scorpio*/Gargoyle Golem
Xi
Endor
+
Artemis (ally)

Strategy: Play by forming L, T, +, - , l shape to ensure the enchanted runes fall in place, calculate the number of the runes that will fall properly especially in tough battles. You will require the most rune converters when using greek decks comparing to those of norse, egyption and etc decks.

For 2b team setup will have higher final burst than 2a when using the active in this manner:
Artemis -> Xi -> Lunar Sirius -> Endor -> attack
Only problem for 2b is the rune conversion for normal mobs is worse than 2a and has no cc thus holding a higher risk in some scenarios.

Pros: Fun to watch and play

Pros: Highest stacked damage among all dark decks

Pros: Enchanted rune shield enemies (e.g. Odin) are completely at your mercy.

Cons: Unstable, a single miscalculation could mean very low damage on the enemies

Cons: Hard to target specific enemy for kill first, most of the time you will kill all enemies and have a hard time on stacking cds. This can be a killer weak point especially on some difficult stages.

Cons: Needs some practice before use
3. Egyption style ( x 900% damage against light enemies including active ability, best dark team when enemy only has light units)

Osiris (leader)
Lunar Sirius
Etheral Dark Dragon
Metallic Dark Dragon
Isabelle/Scorpio
+
Osiris (leader)

Strategy: Spam Osiris and dragon's active ability for instant insane damage, in boss battles when you spam all their active ability all in one go the combined damage is of about 1 million. (without even attacking with runes in the first place!!)

Pros: When used against bosses and units that has the "lower hp higher damage aura" it is extremely effective for control on when you want the enemy's hp to be lowered, which will prove very very useful.

Pros: Extremely effecient against bosses or units that has reflect damage ability.

Pros: Against light enemies this team's efficiency out win any of the Norse or Greek teams

Cons: To max this team's cd in order to use it effectively is really really tough.

Cons: Most of the stages except for special battles (e.g. Felix Battle) always has units of different elements in the mix which will compromise this team.
4. Risky style (Extremely risky play but the constant damage output is insane, capable of wiping out any units including bosses in one turn)

Gemini (leader)
Odin
Scorpio*/Baphomet
Lu Bu
Cassandra
+
Dark Paladin (ally)

Strategy: make sure you get the cd of your cards up in the beginning phase and have Cassandra to lock your hp at 20%, cast Lu Bu in the first turn on boss battles and end the boss with Dark Paladin if the boss is still not dead yet

Pros: Lu Bu + Dark paladin = instant - 50% hp of any boss at all

Pros: Upon activation of Cassandra's ability and having your hp locked at 20% this team kills any unit at all except for bosses in 1 hit

Pros: Odin + Cassandra combined active damage in this team setup is impossible to survive for any enemy in 1 hit at all

Cons: Combo shield werewolf is a hazard to this team

Cons: Completely useless against first attack lizards or units that doesn't allow you to attack them first.

Cons: Unable to heal

Cons: If by some chance a boss with cd 1 or reflective shield ability is not dead in one attack u will die instantly.

Hope this helps :-)

[Image: r4k2.png]
Elf Deck In Use
hi I have 6* Daji, 5* John assassin of darkness, GSoD 4* dark pally, 4* kid baphomet, 4* decapator and I'm trying to build a mono dark team. I was thinking use all apart from decapator with either Artemis/Loki/Baphomet ally and level them all up until I can evolve or get better cards, but would you have any suggestions for what to aim for?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LF: Freyr/Carrie/Pisces/Mark-II/ML/Lisa/Hades allies - 23005707 (PR Daji max skill/level, amel 3)

LF: Freyr/Carrie/Pisces/Elizabeth/Apollo/Belle allies - 22998865 (max level/amel freyr/apollo)
great guide ...
unfortunately for high level team of 150 +
would be useful to make a variation to 75 team cost Sad
sorry for my poor english...Sad

[Image: 5d3ce93d.jpg]
[Image: 80e2d11a.jpg]
my ally: fox queen daji
need: artemis, fox queen daji, sagittarius, PKoE
(08-30-2013, 05:00 AM)LeeMrLee Wrote: hi I have 6* Daji, 5* John assassin of darkness, GSoD 4* dark pally, 4* kid baphomet, 4* decapator and I'm trying to build a mono dark team. I was thinking use all apart from decapator with either Artemis/Loki/Baphomet ally and level them all up until I can evolve or get better cards, but would you have any suggestions for what to aim for?

According to ur cards....

Daji (leader)
Cancer
Gsod
Baphomet
Artemis
+
Loki (ally)

This should last u through even some of the grandmaster stages.

(08-30-2013, 05:24 AM)skizzo Wrote: great guide ...
unfortunately for high level team of 150 +
would be useful to make a variation to 75 team cost Sad
sorry for my poor english...Sad

Your signature deck is already seriously good enough, Odin and Lunar Sirius is only meant for players who already had enough teamcost and the suggestions in the guide is meant for the "best" possible builds only.

Elf Deck In Use
(08-30-2013, 06:41 AM)Nitecat(SG) Wrote: [quote='LeeMrLee' pid='20460' dateline='1377802800']
hi I have 6* Daji, 5* John assassin of darkness, GSoD 4* dark pally, 4* kid baphomet, 4* decapator and I'm trying to build a mono dark team. I was thinking use all apart from decapator with either Artemis/Loki/Baphomet ally and level them all up until I can evolve or get better cards, but would you have any suggestions for what to aim for?

According to ur cards....

Daji (leader)
Cancer
Gsod
Baphomet
Artemis
+
Loki (ally)

This should last u through even some of the grandmaster stages.

ok thanks for your advice
LF: Freyr/Carrie/Pisces/Mark-II/ML/Lisa/Hades allies - 23005707 (PR Daji max skill/level, amel 3)

LF: Freyr/Carrie/Pisces/Elizabeth/Apollo/Belle allies - 22998865 (max level/amel freyr/apollo)
Hey Nitecat, thanks for the post. I was one of the people seeking dark deck advice, and your replies helped me build and use my current deck. I can now clear many GM/EX stages I couldn't before.

This has been a good read, and I have some suggestions/edits that you might consider to make it even better.

For deck 1, I think it might be good to point out that the odin+loki converter skill doesn't work yet, and will only do so in version 3.1. There is also a typo in the "strategy" part where you say sirius instead of odin.

Since you mention new players, many of them won't have the team cost to run these decks, or may not have the big boss cards like Odin and Sirius. I know it's about aiming for an ideal deck, but it may also be helpful to include some substitutions lower level players can try while trying to get there.

E.g. GSOD could be included for among the 4th card options. It's not as good as Gemini, but much easier to find and easier to get to CD5, so it is a very useful card for many mono dark users.

Thanks again for all the info.
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds Heart

[Image: 7c52d11a.jpg]
Hi, thats a very detailed guide!

For the following:
=============================================================

Loki (leader)
Odin
Felix
Isabelle/Gemini
Dark Golem/Baphomet
+
Fox (ally)

Strategy: form 3 of a kind of dark runes on single enemy or 5 of a kind dark runes on multiple enemies while clearing other useless runes + combo as much as possible, pretty straight cut if you ask me. Use Felix + Fox + Dark Sirius + Loki to combo their active at the same time for a very very high stack of damage on bosses and activate Dark Golem when you run out of dark runes.

Pros: Odin + Loki combo = light, heart, dark runes converted into enchanted dark runes.

May i check why dark sirius isnt in the team? and is a low CD rune converter a definite must in this team? IE Baho / Golem / GSOD

Thanks!!
* vVv *

[Image: 1508981_10151932229674366_1487763640_n.jpg]

Nd Elizebeth, Belle, Dual Sirius Allies; add me @ 5808544 :]
(08-30-2013, 11:53 AM)VictoryLaw Wrote: Hi, thats a very detailed guide!

For the following:
=============================================================

Loki (leader)
Odin
Felix
Isabelle/Gemini
Dark Golem/Baphomet
+
Fox (ally)

Strategy: form 3 of a kind of dark runes on single enemy or 5 of a kind dark runes on multiple enemies while clearing other useless runes + combo as much as possible, pretty straight cut if you ask me. Use Felix + Fox + Dark Sirius + Loki to combo their active at the same time for a very very high stack of damage on bosses and activate Dark Golem when you run out of dark runes.

May i check why dark sirius isnt in the team? and is a low CD rune converter a definite must in this team? IE Baho / Golem / GSOD

Thanks!!

Sorry as my first sentence mentioned, it was an edit of my previous post when Odin isnt out yet lol so...ya i will edit it abit

(08-30-2013, 11:38 AM)Poogu Wrote: Hey Nitecat, thanks for the post. I was one of the people seeking dark deck advice, and your replies helped me build and use my current deck. I can now clear many GM/EX stages I couldn't before.

This has been a good read, and I have some suggestions/edits that you might consider to make it even better.

For deck 1, I think it might be good to point out that the odin+loki converter skill doesn't work yet, and will only do so in version 3.1. There is also a typo in the "strategy" part where you say sirius instead of odin.

Since you mention new players, many of them won't have the team cost to run these decks, or may not have the big boss cards like Odin and Sirius. I know it's about aiming for an ideal deck, but it may also be helpful to include some substitutions lower level players can try while trying to get there.

E.g. GSOD could be included for among the 4th card options. It's not as good as Gemini, but much easier to find and easier to get to CD5, so it is a very useful card for many mono dark users.

Thanks again for all the info.

Thanks for your opinion, i will edit in dark decks for low level when i can soon provided i have the time Big Grin

Elf Deck In Use
Hey nitecat, great work!

As someone has mentions before, could you include possible substitutes to some of the more expensive and exclusive cards?

And, could you also do a light mono guide please Tongue
Looking for a guild? Drop me a PM!

VVVTOS Gaming FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/vvvtos/

Catch my livestreams Fridays 10:30pm GMT+8: http://www.youtube.com/user/vvvtos/live

(08-30-2013, 11:53 AM)VictoryLaw Wrote: May i check why dark sirius isnt in the team? and is a low CD rune converter a definite must in this team? IE Baho / Golem / GSOD

This is what I think, OP pls correct me if I'm wrong.

When version 3.1 rolls around, Odin+Loki will have a team skill that converts light, heart and dark runes all into enchanted dark runes. This is basically the same as using Sirius skill followed by Loki skill. In that case, since Odin has better stats than Sirius, it makes more sense to use Odin.

Having Odin also gives one super high damage option that isn't available with Sirius. If you can manage to get to the boss with your Baph+GSOD/Gemini skills still unused, you can use those + Loki alone to get the same light,heart,dark to enchanted dark result. Odin's own skill, power surge, can also be used on top of that for an even more insane amount of damage. Seriously, when your HP is low, GSOD+Baph+Loki+Odin+Fox can do millions of damage.

As for the low CD converters, I think they are very important. Loki/Odin/Sirius/Felix/Fox nukes are very powerful, but they can be used maybe once or twice during a battle because of the high CD, so they have to be saved for the boss. Along the way, you may need to get some emergency heart or dark runes when battling minions, or to do a small burst for mini-bosses, so the faster the cooldown, the easier it is for you to survive to the boss and drop the big nuke.
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds Heart

[Image: 7c52d11a.jpg]