Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Fire Mono Guide (updated to 7.0)
yea achilles is core for fire mono.

585 311 45
alternating amongst
DAJI
YWT IV
VR TYR
JIA ROU IV
TEFNUT
FIRE DUCK IV
(07-15-2014, 01:53 AM)Derick Wrote: I just drew Archilles but should I include it in my deck?

My current deck is:

Tyr + PR GSOF + Martial Master ( Max level and CD ) + Fire DS + Skuld + Tyr

What do you think?

Yes please do, replace Skuld with achilles. Achilles is by far the best bursting card fire mono have, increase damage and change enemy to earth, cant get any better than that. You should be able to burst about any boss down with achilles.

How MH looks at Blitz:
[Image: jR8RQEx.jpg]
Achilles usefulness varies. These days my fire and earth mono Norse teams have stopped using Achilles/Yang Jian because these cards result in overkill damage and thus does nothing for the team majority of the time. (Ever since amelioration, Norse is so imba...)

BUT, every fire mono player should have a maxed Achilles in their inventory whether they use it or not because there are many instances where you need him (VS water enemies, VS high HP bosses, VS element shield, VS element-swap bosses).

ID 27 321 367

Regular Ally: Max CD PR Daji

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

recently change to monofire but I always wonder 1 question. It 's about Pr skuld skill: does you need do 8 combo in ORIGINAL board? or you only need do 8 combo after skill finish ( including sky drops, not necessary like the first one I asked )?
Thanks for anyone enlightening me. Don't want to pr skuld then realize it 's....
My ally: Pr freyr(III);Carrie;Elizabeth;Poppy;ML;PR Idun;Nidhogg;PR Dagon;Artermis(IV);Hades; queen bee
Future ally: Virgo; PR Thor;Athena; PR Freya
Lacking of:Human(Santa)-Beast-True God( Giemsa) deck
[Image: b49bf8f9.jpg]
[Image: bc5ea708.jpg]
(07-16-2014, 11:41 AM)headshotak47 Wrote: recently change to monofire but I always wonder 1 question. It 's about Pr skuld skill: does you need do 8 combo in ORIGINAL board? or you only need do 8 combo after skill finish ( including sky drops, not necessary like the first one I asked )?
Thanks for anyone enlightening me. Don't want to pr skuld then realize it 's....

I am pretty sure it's after skill finish. But you should be able to do 8 combos even without. If you can't, you just need more practice.
ID 27 321 367

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

finally got a Tyr this early morning Big Grin

now i swap my Skuld out and using
Tyr + GSoF + Fire DS + Achilies + Sean + Tyr

why so little love for salamander golem? Sad It's a decent card; useful when you need to heal and burst on the same turn. Saved me a couple of times in zodiacs ex stages and trans.

Anyways, I'm horribly outdated regarding the available cards (I didn't even know of the existence of Jafar/Donald O_O), but your guide seems to be geared towards the norse/normal gameplay, whereas greek lead places a slightly different emphasis on actives. e.g, Amel-ed AoF trumps Randeng in greek, since initial runes aren't of any importance anymore, while some cards such as Hong Yue are completely useless. Perhaps have a separate commentary for these? >_<

Also, greek's recovery isn't as low as it seems. The combo boost includes healing as well. I've been running poppy + tyr for fun these few days, and the recovery is comparable to hep + hep due to the additional heal from the combo.
(07-23-2014, 05:20 AM)rexxy212 Wrote: why so little love for salamander golem? Sad It's a decent card; useful when you need to heal and burst on the same turn. Saved me a couple of times in zodiacs ex stages and trans.

Anyways, I'm horribly outdated regarding the available cards (I didn't even know of the existence of Jafar/Donald O_O), but your guide seems to be geared towards the norse/normal gameplay, whereas greek lead places a slightly different emphasis on actives. e.g, Amel-ed AoF trumps Randeng in greek, since initial runes aren't of any importance anymore, while some cards such as Hong Yue are completely useless. Perhaps have a separate commentary for these? >_<

Also, greek's recovery isn't as low as it seems. The combo boost includes healing as well. I've been running poppy + tyr for fun these few days, and the recovery is comparable to hep + hep due to the additional heal from the combo.

Salamander Golem DOES suck. Like what Blitz mentioned, it has sucky stats and sucky leader skills. It does have a good active tho, its just that there are more cards that's worth harpies than that golem. If you like the golem's active, bring Jafar instead.

HongYue is NOT useless. HongYue can pair up with a lot of different cards like TTJZ, PR Skuld or PR Sean to do massive burst. It's not the best fire booster but he can make do if you lack one.

Greek's RCR IS low, esp for fire greek. But what you said was true, the combo bonus does buff up the healing by a massive scale. The base RCR is still LOW regardless.
My Guides are linked below Smile

Randeng's Guide

First Seal Draw

[Image: 814ae2f6.jpg]
The only exception where I would use salamander golem is in a mono fire dragon team (with PR Cthuga as ally) such that you are able to still burst while retaining hearts to heal.

Another possibility is playing a fire-water dragon team where salamander golem can be used alongside water dragon converters (and Chernabog) to create fire/water runes for burst.

That said, both these teams are not ideal but it's the only application of salamander golem that I can think of.
ID 27 321 367

(07-23-2014, 11:42 AM)Fate.Night Wrote: Salamander Golem DOES suck. Like what Blitz mentioned, it has sucky stats and sucky leader skills. It does have a good active tho, its just that there are more cards that's worth harpies than that golem. If you like the golem's active, bring Jafar instead.

HongYue is NOT useless. HongYue can pair up with a lot of different cards like TTJZ, PR Skuld or PR Sean to do massive burst. It's not the best fire booster but he can make do if you lack one.

Greek's RCR IS low, esp for fire greek. But what you said was true, the combo bonus does buff up the healing by a massive scale. The base RCR is still LOW regardless.

Well, yes. No denying about it's leader skill/stats; but I wasn't even talking about the leader skill, since well, it's not a lead card. Stats-wise, it's behind even cerb; with 100 or so less recovery and comparable HP/Atk. The golem is useful in situations where you need a mid-range recovery; say a 5-6k heal since all you need is 3 heart runes to hit that amount with the rest being taken care of by combo boost. Golem is drawable, Jafar was a region limited card... so....

Hong Yue is useless in greek. I did state that the comments made were in reference to a greek lead.

Assume that we're running the recommended end-game teams from the guide, norse has 2.3k recovery, greek has 1.9k. Say you do 5 combos, norse doesn't have combo boost, so it's only 100%, greek's combo boost activates 3 times, bringing combo bonus to 175%. With only 3 heart runes dissolved, norse will heal 4.6k, whereas greek will heal 5.2k. Unless I'm doing my calculations wrong, shouldn't greek teams have on average a better heal?