Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Fire Mono Guide (updated to 7.0)
thx... my deck is super lousy right now.. been playing beast team since start but still lacking of beast converter.. sien

Two minor corrections:
Double Taurus gives 75% damage reduction (rather than 70%)

Normal enchanted gives 15% bonus per rune (ie effectively all enchanted gives 45% compared to non-enchanted). Double Norse gives 25% bonus per rune, or effectively 75% bonus over non-enchanted. (Note they are not straight multipliers as it is complicated by the fact that sky drops and actives like the cat fiend's would include non-enchanted runes).

I've only just did this test and was surprised that it was such a big booster, as most people don't rate the Norse active very highly. I've yet to test the effect of enchanted hearts on recovery but assuming it is the same, would make Randeng even more useful in double Norse mono.

(07-05-2014, 09:10 AM)killerwombat Wrote: Two minor corrections:

Normal enchanted gives 15% bonus per rune (ie effectively all enchanted gives 45% compared to non-enchanted). Double Norse gives 25% bonus per rune, or effectively 75% bonus over non-enchanted. (Note they are not straight multipliers as it is complicated by the fact that sky drops and actives like the cat fiend's would include non-enchanted runes).

I've only just did this test and was surprised that it was such a big booster, as most people don't rate the Norse active very highly. I've yet to test the effect of enchanted hearts on recovery but assuming it is the same, would make Randeng even more useful in double Norse mono.

I've double checked, it is indeed 75%, thank you I will edit it.

as for enchanted runestone. I've checked the in game section which shows your passive before entering the battle and it states "effect of enchanted x110%" so I'll edit it into that. The calculations of enchanted damage are pretty complicated so I'll spare the others the confusion, but I will take some time and test out to see its actual percentage.

How MH looks at Blitz:
[Image: jR8RQEx.jpg]
Very nice guide Smile . As a player that started with tyr i really enjoy reading this guide all over.

One thing about poppy teams, i think its best to have circe on the team. While it is not red, with dual max cd poppy it can ensure maximum safety and you will only get attacked once every ten turn, which makes you even more immortal.

And what do you guys think of PR fire ED instead of randeng/gsof + agatha as OC&DC . With the passive team effect their attack will reach new heights, and the amelioration skill of pr fire ed is still somehow good.
(07-06-2014, 03:48 AM)trivas Wrote: Very nice guide Smile . As a player that started with tyr i really enjoy reading this guide all over.

One thing about poppy teams, i think its best to have circe on the team. While it is not red, with dual max cd poppy it can ensure maximum safety and you will only get attacked once every ten turn, which makes you even more immortal.

And what do you guys think of PR fire ED instead of randeng/gsof + agatha as OC&DC . With the passive team effect their attack will reach new heights, and the amelioration skill of pr fire ed is still somehow good.

Thanks Smile

And there is risk in using circe, remember if you do less than 4 combo you cant heal yourself as well, and I try to keep it all fire cards.

PR GSOF with full amel is the most popular fire converter, yes PR fire ed's amel is interesting, but gsof's 4th amel is simply superb. I however am using randeng :p I just dont have any souls left to amel any other cards. and assuming I could, I would save the soul cause Randeng gets the job done equally well.
How MH looks at Blitz:
[Image: jR8RQEx.jpg]
Kinda hoped that this would get more attention seeing as how well-done and polished it is. Great guide, Blitz! Big Grin

Also yes, for you all who don't know me, I'm the guy who used the hipster teams listed in the bloopers section. Tongue
Like he said, it's just a sample, but I tend to run a basic setup with PR Skuld, Cerberus, GSoF, Donald, PKoF, Isolde, and a few other variations here and there. Not exactly your most standard run of the mill setups. Including several GMs and Zodiac EX stages, there's been three out of five 7-3 stages, half of the 7th seal tower stages, and even a few SM stages with similarly-based setups. :3
Copyright © 2013-2017 Vasquez. All Rights Reserved. "Maybe Tomorrow" ® and all affiliated phrases are registered trademarks of Vas Corp.
Ohhh well done Blitzz!! I'm really liking what I see. Well structured, explained and nice visual aids Smile

Am also very pleased that I'm featured in this guide, guess I will be linking it in my Randeng's guide too Smile
My Guides are linked below Smile

Randeng's Guide

First Seal Draw

[Image: 814ae2f6.jpg]
(07-05-2014, 03:44 PM)Blitzkriag Wrote:
(07-05-2014, 09:10 AM)killerwombat Wrote: Two minor corrections:

I've double checked, it is indeed 75%, thank you I will edit it.

as for enchanted runestone. I've checked the in game section which shows your passive before entering the battle and it states "effect of enchanted x110%" so I'll edit it into that. The calculations of enchanted damage are pretty complicated so I'll spare the others the confusion, but I will take some time and test out to see its actual percentage.

Would love to know the results of this as well. It seems that normal fire runes deal MUCH less damage than enchanted fire runes in Norse. It is extremely hard to quantify but it is for this reason I feel that Randeng is much better than AoF in Norse. The extra row of heart runes created by AoF is really nothing compared to the sheer damage Randeng can provide.
ID 27 321 367

Regular Ally: Max CD PR Daji

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

There is one particular guide I have referred to countless times. And that is mono fire by mini_cow guide. And I am at the 7th seals, by playing mono fire almost every time since the very first seal. I like this guide, very detail, updated, and also a lot of effort here. Nice work.
I wonder did anyone manage to beat all the 7th seal stages solely by mono fire. kinda stuck there lol. It will be nice if there is someone who use mono fire to beat all those stages and show what tweaks they really do for those specific 7th seal stages.
anyway, good work Blitzkriag. This is actually my first post after being in this forum for months lol.
(07-07-2014, 11:22 PM)glennfoo Wrote: There is one particular guide I have referred to countless times. And that is mono fire by mini_cow guide. And I am at the 7th seals, by playing mono fire almost every time since the very first seal. I like this guide, very detail, updated, and also a lot of effort here. Nice work.
I wonder did anyone manage to beat all the 7th seal stages solely by mono fire. kinda stuck there lol. It will be nice if there is someone who use mono fire to beat all those stages and show what tweaks they really do for those specific 7th seal stages.
anyway, good work Blitzkriag. This is actually my first post after being in this forum for months lol.

Seal 7-1 requires abit of stalling so this deck is adviseable:

Jackie
GSOF
Fire Ds/Jafar
PR Skuld/GSOF
Nezha/Achilles
Poppy

I forgot about Seal 7-2 but seal 7-3 requires a PR Sean and a spot of luck. Basically when bursting Seth, convert all runes and use PR Sean hoping for 3 hearts at the top. I cleared it with 0 diamonds using:

Tyr
Odin
Nezha
Medea
PR Sean
Tyr