Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.55 Average
[Guide] Crash Course
(11-25-2013, 12:54 PM)[SG] Neried Wrote: well.. not impossible but rather it will be quite difficult, since nidhogg hits you for 9000 per turn and his CD is 1 so your RCR needs to be real good (i wrote that section btw)

I am aware of that. Thing is I'm stuck in a dilema where if I use two ethereal dragons as leader and ally, I get killed in stage 5, whereas if I use one ED and one dragon spiritor as leader and ally respectively, Nidhogg eats me for dinner.

I am not sure whether to make a new deck or powerlevel my team =_=

Sent from a diamond studded cardboard box.

[Image: c31ba0e2.jpg]
[Image: c9818c78.jpg]

I swear one of these days I'll get Pollux. Maybe in the next eon or two...?
Wow, great guide.

Might want to elaborate that Beasts in section 3.1 = CN beasts, I'm pretty sure the greek boss beasts don't drop.

[Image: c4164b82.jpg]
(11-25-2013, 11:53 PM)Ultrapyre Wrote:
(11-25-2013, 12:54 PM)[SG] Neried Wrote: well.. not impossible but rather it will be quite difficult, since nidhogg hits you for 9000 per turn and his CD is 1 so your RCR needs to be real good (i wrote that section btw)

I am aware of that. Thing is I'm stuck in a dilema where if I use two ethereal dragons as leader and ally, I get killed in stage 5, whereas if I use one ED and one dragon spiritor as leader and ally respectively, Nidhogg eats me for dinner.

I am not sure whether to make a new deck or powerlevel my team =_=

what a dilemma.. well i dunno if this may help you or not, i had to make do with my team of Lv ~50 CN beasts to beat Nidhogg.

I didn't have enough HP for Round 5, so i had to put GSOE as my leader, and included isabell and greedy elf to help with nidhogg and belial golem

crystal dragons were my WORST nightmare!! it is hell trying to get over their 9k defense (my ally was a GSOF), and i wasted over 100 turns just beating the dragon.. damn.

anyways, how did you get pwned at stage 5? i'm sure dragons have high enough HP for Round 5. (if not add in a metallic dragon? they have great stats)

[Image: KrgV7X.gif]
(11-26-2013, 01:13 AM)[SG] Neried Wrote: anyways, how did you get pwned at stage 5? i'm sure dragons have high enough HP for Round 5. (if not add in a metallic dragon? they have great stats)

Well levelling is incredibly hard in this game IMO. Especially since I'm a F2P and I have to make do with the stamina I get from waiting alone. ==

The result? I have to make do with a total health of ~15500. The Golem does ~14000 damage per 2 rounds so..... X_X

Yeah may not sound like an issue if I use 2 EDs, but there's another factor: LUCK. I swear all the heart runes just scarper off when round 5 rears it's ugly head! Also, considering I have to inflict enough damage at the same time, sooner or later I end up with an unlucky 2 turns and the golem sends me to space. *insert Kirby lose life theme heer*

On an unrelated note, how about advanced tips for the guide? Such as CD stalling and whatnot.

(11-26-2013, 03:22 AM)Ultrapyre Wrote: *insert Kirby lose life theme heer*

Done.

(11-26-2013, 03:22 AM)Ultrapyre Wrote: On an unrelated note, how about advanced tips for the guide? Such as CD stalling and whatnot.

Not sure, the guide feels more than incomplete to me, on the other hand I got feedback that says that it shouldn't get too long and that it seems to be missing a certain goal.

For what it's worth I ran out of material for the moment, no further contributions are made at this point, so that I am taking a break from it.

There is infinite potential for improvement, it is just hard to say how and where.
LOVE the guide, especially the map. Random question: What of signifigance drops from "The Other Side of the Tower"?

I seemed to always get Crystal Dragons there, but I was wondering it there was anything else or if that was it, (just like "The Last Seal").
(11-26-2013, 03:22 AM)Ultrapyre Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 01:13 AM)[SG] Neried Wrote: anyways, how did you get pwned at stage 5? i'm sure dragons have high enough HP for Round 5. (if not add in a metallic dragon? they have great stats)

Well levelling is incredibly hard in this game IMO. Especially since I'm a F2P and I have to make do with the stamina I get from waiting alone. ==

The result? I have to make do with a total health of ~15500. The Golem does ~14000 damage per 2 rounds so..... X_X

Yeah may not sound like an issue if I use 2 EDs, but there's another factor: LUCK. I swear all the heart runes just scarper off when round 5 rears it's ugly head! Also, considering I have to inflict enough damage at the same time, sooner or later I end up with an unlucky 2 turns and the golem sends me to space. *insert Kirby lose life theme heer*

On an unrelated note, how about advanced tips for the guide? Such as CD stalling and whatnot.
14k damage per 2 turn that's 7k per turn, if you can't survive that how are you gonna beat Nidhogg at 9k per turn?
[Image: e9fb2371.jpg]
[Image: 8b15b740.jpg]
(11-26-2013, 06:23 PM)Balaur Wrote: 14k damage per 2 turn that's 7k per turn, if you can't survive that how are you gonna beat Nidhogg at 9k per turn?

Like I said, it's pretty much luck based! I've done 16K healing per turn before so I should know. I suppose I could attempt to get Cthugha before trying it again Tongue

It's more or less a tossup of damage output or healing. That sort of thing can make ANY RPG player grind their teeth to dust.

I wish there was something like this awesome guide are available here when I start playing tos few months ago. This guide almost explained everythings. Very nice done.
[Image: 9553638_1398007050.png]
(11-26-2013, 07:08 PM)Ultrapyre Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 06:23 PM)Balaur Wrote: 14k damage per 2 turn that's 7k per turn, if you can't survive that how are you gonna beat Nidhogg at 9k per turn?

Like I said, it's pretty much luck based! I've done 16K healing per turn before so I should know. I suppose I could attempt to get Cthugha before trying it again Tongue

It's more or less a tossup of damage output or healing. That sort of thing can make ANY RPG player grind their teeth to dust.

Yeah but luck based team don't do well, I healed nearly 25k before but the thing is it doesn't happen very often and when it does, it sucks up all the heart runes, ED team requires 3 Max CD ED and some skills to beat Nidhogg IMO.
[Image: e9fb2371.jpg]
[Image: 8b15b740.jpg]