Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] A Full Guide and Explanation to the Arena (ToS Version 15.1 Update)
I heard the arena dmg cap is no longer 20M dmg... is that correct?

[Image: e8852693.jpg]

My Regular Allies: Wukong, PR Thor, PR Tyr, PR Faugn and Apollo.

Game ID: 33,393,653
I wasn't aware that there were changes. Are there any sources?

Imagine the greatest signature you can ever think of. There ya' go!
It was from a Chinese streamer and his viewers also confirmed but no real source...

[Image: e8852693.jpg]

My Regular Allies: Wukong, PR Thor, PR Tyr, PR Faugn and Apollo.

Game ID: 33,393,653
(08-02-2017, 04:41 AM)clon8888 Wrote: I heard the arena dmg cap is no longer 20M dmg... is that correct?

(05-11-2017, 01:47 PM)DrFluttershy Wrote: Latest changes: Winning consecutive bonuses, starting at 100% and capped at 200%. +25% every win. A loss resets the multiplier to 100%. At 200%, every successful round gives 40 prize points.
Damage change: First cap is 20M (550 points) and second cap is 100M. (Max 630 points, 1 point every 1 million damage after 20 million)

Maybe they where refering to this?
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
(05-11-2017, 01:47 PM)DrFluttershy Wrote: Damage change: First cap is 20M (550 points) and second cap is 100M. (Max 630 points, 1 point every 1 million damage after 20 million)

Could you please tell what is the source of this info? It seems to me I've already seen this information in the written form somewhere else (ingame info boards or on some site, don't remember), but I can't find it again, however hard I try.
Added info for Lionel bonuses, arena refresh limit, arena grade and limits for sharing arenas.

Arena refresh limitations greatly reduces the chances of meeting an ally tower for easy scoring, stop casual players from simply finding for default towers, and players may be forced to play difficult player-based towers. However, this does overall increase fairness for all players.
Just to note that there is one way that players can get around the refreshing limit by killing arena towers. It'll take a lot of effort, but I suppose it is possible.

What do you think of the new Arena refresh limitations?
Imagine the greatest signature you can ever think of. There ya' go!
There are several ways to combat players from "rigging" the arena, and this just so happens to be one of them. They could've taken away the team edit function entirely to force players to use their toughest monsters from the get-go or made all monsters' skill more "uniform" in terms of difficulty/complexity. I guess this works better in that it isn't that drastic a change but it's still effective. I was initially surprised it took them this long to implement something like this, but on further thought I guess there's not been enough complaints to warrant a change since the majority seem to be happy just getting the weekly dimes, regardless of ranking.

Perhaps now we'll get to see some different names in the top 100 rather than just the same old guilds we're all too familiar with. This gives me hope that I'll be able to get those 20 dimes too one day if I do well enough, though it still irks me that new series gets an arena boost before their rate up but I guess it's just a part of their marketing scheme ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
The arena refresh limitation was clearly intended to stop gaming the arena for the people farming diamonds with their guilds.

But for the rest of us it makes it more difficult to find easier arenas to just clear for the 5 daily clears. That's really player unfriendly as arena isn't really much more than a grind for the harpy and the arena exclusive character.

It makes arena even less fun and now it's even more a daily chore.
Guild: [EN]ForumUnited1 - Guild 1076, all are welcome, no level or play requirements
For me, I'd normally refresh at most only a couple of times if the arenas I get are really hard and I just want to quickly burn through my vigor. The gold cost for refreshing makes it not worth it to me, since I can comfortably reach the top 500 without. I'd probably have to spend some extra time planning my runs now, but I still think it is worth it for that 10 extra diamonds every week. The harpy reward is really easy to get too, at least beginning from the 2nd week onward of a season when you don't start from 0 points.

What this update also prevents are players who go around sniping arenas that are ending (with e.g less than a hour left) that don't yet have a high scorer. I do do these sometimes when I have the extra time, and it's really effective in conquering multiple arenas a day without having to refresh your vigor. So with this change, I'll probably start saving up on my arena points instead of buying all the rewards every season.
Very useful thread. +1 to DrFluttershy

For players like myself who was very active, went away and back again. Thread like this is very informative and useful.z

It frustrated me quite a fair bit when i wonder why i could not hit the high scores, after helpful tos players pointed me out the right direction and reading this thread i realised a couple of Newbie mistake i made.

1 - max damage is only captured a the end - which i totally missed out and this is huge.
2 - Failure to bring Ghroth as part of the team.

Going away inbetween seasons cost me, as players like myself sometimes missed out on certain new cards and ghroth is one of them. Failing to see the value in him, ( i drew him some how and he was always stored away as an unevolved card) i always play areana using the bonus cards without him and always falling short of top 3.

Now, after reading this thread, thankfully having him in the team and focusing on battles where i can ultilise him for max burst at last stage or using him for x runes stages it's a lot easier to hit 3.8 - 4.3k scores.

Another question to ask as i have yet to see any answer.. is there a cap damage? I see that there is a max combo @ 25. is that still the cap?

Thanks