Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guan Yu [Deck Building Advice]
(11-17-2017, 04:16 PM)fathead Wrote: Ah that makes alot of sense , thanks agensi Smile

No chance of me being able to do the Zhangfei SM right? I mean I really don't see myself getting past a SM stage even by gemming 10 times xD

Wouldn't recommend it. If the stage that lets you power level to 150 is still up, I almost recommend pouring all your stamina into that. But probably it's better to try to get the main stages done, the biweekly stages, daily quests. Do the arena and try to get into a guild, because guilds give you a coin and EXP bonus, alongside letting you participate in more events. Save up your dimes, try to get 50. Ancient coin seal opens next week with a new black platinum (the rarest of cards). But even if you don't get him or any of the other black cards, ancient coin seal is basically all meta leaders/members, so it's a good time to splurge.

UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
(11-17-2017, 03:31 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
Wouldn't recommend it. [... Wrote:pid='278473' dateline='1510895099']

Thanks Fauxy - I've found the stage to power level (it gives you three soulstones too!), and will alternate between grinding that and clearing through the map.

I'll also be clearing the biweekly stages and daily quests for the rewards, where possible. It's actually quite fun to level now, with all the free soul stones madhead keeps throwing at me XD

I won't stress too much about my team composition (even if its mono-water, so what? Maybe I'll get lucky and draw Atlantis xD), and come back to you guys if I get stuck on a stage or something Smile

I'll take a look into arenas as well - see what that's all about (even though my card levels suck, it'll be fun too Big Grin)

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

[Image: 9559536_1890322266.png]
Hey guys,

A bit of easy leveling - got Guan Yu maxed and Shu up to 70 with 32 diamonds Smile

Ahhh so tempted to try the Zhang Fei SM....especially when I don't have any good fire cards >_< but trying to refrain myself from wasting diamonds >_>

Getting on with leveling Cassandra to 70 instead I guess haha... I"m on the 7th seal

(11-19-2017, 01:53 AM)fathead Wrote: Hey guys,

A bit of easy leveling - got Guan Yu maxed and Shu up to 70 with 32 diamonds Smile

Ahhh so tempted to try the Zhang Fei SM....especially when I don't have any good fire cards >_< but trying to refrain myself from wasting diamonds >_>

Getting on with leveling Cassandra to 70 instead I guess haha... I"m on the 7th seal

Good job.

Goes to show how strong Guan Yu is. I needed lv100s to clear Nidhogg, but that was back before I understood what made a card good in this game and how to build a team. Zhang Fei will come back, in the meantime there's a lot of other good cards you can get.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.

(11-19-2017, 04:39 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Good job.

Goes to show how strong Guan Yu is. I needed lv100s to clear Nidhogg, but that was back before I understood what made a card good in this game and how to build a team. Zhang Fei will come back, in the meantime there's a lot of other good cards you can get.

I couldn't help myself Fauxy >_> ... I ended up gemming for Zhang Fei

I started and I couldn't stop hahaha... Well I actually used zero gems until Stage 4. Gemmed once, past stage 4, and I thought - all good. I can easily gem once or twice to clear Zhang Fei (esp with the auto death of Zhangfei after the second health bar).

After I used Guan Yu's skill - I was surprised to find that... you actually need to have enchanted runestones to damage the boss... 20 Gems later, I cleared Zhangfei =.=

But I'm happy I got him! xD

Now I have a proper fire team member for my Guan Yu team lol
(11-19-2017, 11:24 AM)fathead Wrote:

I started and I couldn't stop hahaha... Well I actually used zero gems until Stage 4. Gemmed once, past stage 4, and I thought - all good. I can easily gem once or twice to clear Zhang Fei (esp with the auto death of Zhangfei after the second health bar).

After I used Guan Yu's skill - I was surprised to find that... you actually need to have enchanted runestones to damage the boss... 20 Gems later, I cleared Zhangfei =.=

Damn, shouldn't have wasted that many dimes to obtain a card that you can't actually farm for skill level unless the card is truly phenomenal and you don't mind harpy-ing. Well, what's done is done, guess you'll have to pass out on the opportunity for the ancient coin seal this time around.

Word of advice, save up some dimes for Chinese New Year where the ancient seal will likely return to try your luck there, either that or the next exclusive seal.  
Main Ally: Atlantis
Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Looking for: More friends!! Will accept anyone with the above cards
ID: 21218485
(11-19-2017, 11:24 AM)fathead Wrote:

Awww. That's real bad. I woulda told you to give up after the first death. I mean I actually told you not to try it at all. Especially with Atlantis on the horizon.

Well. Nothing to be done. I've spent my share of diamonds on stupid things with less reward than you got (I'm getting PTSD flashbacks to the Hercules SM) so there's no point in chastising. Just don't let it happen again, don't be impatient.

Anyone can get to the point where they can clear endgame content in this game without spending money, you just have to give it some time. This is a mobile game after all, not Skyrim or Life is Strange. There's really no binging it because they're going to keep adding content til the cows come home. Being able to gradually see your teams get stronger and stronger is part of the fun. Don't ruin your experience trying to make it happen all at once and then shortchanging yourself.

On Request:

Don't worry too much about using diamonds for a card you will actually use.
I once used about 15 diamonds for my first Soulmaster. It was Spirits' Guide - The Greenery King. I have never used the card to this day (and I'm sure I never will).

20 diamonds is 4 chances at a diamond seal card you may use (which will still need to be skill leveled) however for you Zhang Fei is a card you are guaranteed to use. Just don't go to overboard on using diamonds as the more you spend the less card draws you get.
Haha thanks for your comments guys...

I understand the fact that I'd be missing out on the black cards this time around

And Put totally has a point about not gemming for cards that can only skillups with harpy.

My goal was actually to get Zhangfei because I was going to use him quite a lot (one of the staples of my Guan Yu deck, on top of cassandra)

Im planning on using my harpies on him too... My plan is to build my guan yu team as my first deck

Then I'll slowly branch out when I need to. Sure spending 20 gems on SM unit that will reoccur isn't that great, but I don't have any regrets Smile

This way I don't need to rely on luck to draw Liu Bei or the fire enchantress... I can work on leveling Zhang Fei Smile

Though I do really want Circe to be honest, she just synergizes so well with Guan Yu haha
(11-21-2017, 02:50 AM)fathead Wrote: Haha thanks for your comments guys...

I understand the fact that I'd be missing out on the black cards this time around

And Put totally has a point about not gemming for cards that can only skillups with harpy.

My goal was actually to get Zhangfei because I was going to use him quite a lot (one of the staples of my Guan Yu deck, on top of cassandra)

Im planning on using my harpies on him too...  My plan is to build my guan yu team as my first deck

Then I'll slowly branch out when I need to.  Sure spending 20 gems on SM unit that will reoccur isn't that great, but I don't have any regrets Smile

This way I don't need to rely on luck to draw Liu Bei or the fire enchantress... I can work on leveling Zhang Fei Smile

Though I do really want Circe to be honest, she just synergizes so well with Guan Yu haha

There's a good discussion on the general subforum now about spending habits with diamonds. You might wanna read through if you haven't already. Even if you can't do a ten draw, I actually recommend drawing this week because a) there's still a chance of getting a really good card and b) I was convinced by one post that was talking about how when you're starting out and your teams are crunchy, getting some good staple cards from the main diamond seals might actually help you get more diamonds in the long run over banking all of them for a potential future event.

Meta leaders might for the most part be coming from the new seals, but most of the good members are still from the main seal. Converters, boosters, stuff like the Egyptian gods which are super useful in the right situation. So I've reconsidered and I'm recommending now that you spend while you can and start your diamond hoarding only once you have a couple of strong teams.

On Request: