Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gon - Killua team help
I drew Killua, and I don't have any human teams, so I I was wanting to make one. I'm looking more for utility cards than damage, since Gon's burst is second only to Ghroth.

I'm currently considering:
Killua - Endor - Dong Zhuo - Circe - Sun Shangxiang - Gon
--> Absurd 1-round burst (assuming Dong Zhuo and Gon stack, which would be terrifying)

Killua - Endor - Florice - Gao Changgong - Sun Shanxiang - Gon
--> Can burst back-to-back for about 3 rounds

Killua - Endor - Florice - Yang Jian - Sun Shanxiang - Gon
--> Probably the most 'utility' setup I could think of

Human cards that might be even vaguely useful that I have:
Water:
Cassandra, Leorio, Florice, Oichi, Gretchen and H
Fire:
Hisoka, Yukimura, Agnesi, Medea
Earth:
Circe, Sun Shanxiang, Gao Changgong, Gawain, Lu Xun, Kaguyahime, Gutsy Puppet, Yang Jian
Light:
Hattori
Dark:
Dong Zhuo, Illumi, Thomas Midgly, Tawil, Endor

Cards I think probably work best in the team:
Florice / Yukimura (Can clear Gon's dying state and other unpleasant debuffs. Personally think florice is more synergistic with the team)
Oichi / Gretchen and H / Agnesi (All have their own merits and downsides for unusual skills like the current nightmare stage)
Cassandra / Circe (They both mean huge damage on-demand, but the team's ability to tank suffers dramatically)
Yang Jian / Kaguyahime / Illumi (Control - type cards, each with their own ideal scenarios)

Any advice is appreciated!

I didn't know Florice/Yukimura removed the dying state. I'm not sure what to put in this team either, as Hideyoshi's members aren't quite suited for a duocolor team and there aren't very many dark humans. But Gon and Killua by themselves are such great utility already, being an explode and a combo boost respectively.

Off color, Kurapika might be a very strong pick if you're still drawing, but you have to dissolve light under him every turn which might be awkward. Medea is a strong choice but you're really offsetting the defenses that MH gave them by putting in witches. Illumi is pretty low CD for a delay card, so he's probably worth it as an emergency button.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Heph and Yog in particular, no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(06-08-2018, 03:27 AM)Fauxy Wrote: I didn't know Florice/Yukimura removed the dying state. I'm not sure what to put in this team either, as Hideyoshi's members aren't quite suited for a duocolor team and there aren't very many dark humans. But Gon and Killua by themselves are such great utility already, being an explode and a combo boost respectively.

Off color, Kurapika might be a very strong pick if you're still drawing, but you have to dissolve light under him every turn which might be awkward. Medea is a strong choice but you're really offsetting the defenses that MH gave them by putting in witches. Illumi is pretty low CD for a delay card, so he's probably worth it as an emergency button.

Thanks for the help!

I've still got 30 diamonds left, but I'm hoping to save them for light and earth week in the standard draws. Even now, in fire week, it's tempting to aim for another Ghroth. Prologues are just too strong.

As for Medea, I think both Medea and Circe would be overkill, and choosing either one, Circe is usually better.
With Circe, you: Take 100% damage, naturally have the earth runes below her, have a 4.9* multiplier when active skill and combos are taken into account
With Medea, you: Take 105% damage with Gon switched, 112.5% if he isn't, generate fire runes (This likely comes at the cost of dark and earth rune drops though), have a 5* multiplier when active skilll and combos are taken into account
These calculations assume 6 combos are made every round (I can usually do that with Azathoth, and this team does make 2 combos for you)

Of course, if there's a heap of fire enemies in a stage, Medea is better than Circe, and if the stage is loaded with phantom, Circe becomes a far better choice, and so on.