Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[GUIDE] "Your ALL MAX" Reward: What to choose (2019 edition)
(12-11-2018, 10:35 AM)Revdarian Wrote: I respectfully disagree with going for zero over mellow / Ghostie. Zero can be used as adjutant without really losing anything, while if mellow is used as adjutant you lose for example on the extra spin time and the utility of her active is higher imho as I have expressed you can perma dodge lots of skills with it, initial attacks, heart shields, you can stall on electrified if needed at the start, etc.

I intially felt this way but after acquiring zero and actally using him i changed my mind.  The main reason why is that beasts have such a high cd.  Take sengo muramasa's sm a few weeks ago with the spider. Zero can pass rd1 in one spin where mellow's in trouble.  Then after u have everything ready to win.  Expect sm/nm to not allow u 8 rds to stall for mellow.

Also why can u not also ally mellow then use its dodge?  I know zero attacks on all runes but u can either skip dissolving runes and let whatever rd debuff wear off or just dissolve hearts.  You can also play zero-ghostie and put 4 mellow inside if u like her.

Anyhow the point i am trying to make is that cat thieves are pretty much the real deal and should last a long time where other all max choices probably wont.  Most likely u can aquire mellow and ghostie from drawing 10 to 15 times then just pick up zero from all max draw.  In my opinion, thats the best choice.  If you have all cat thieves then hindu is probably ur second choice.

None of the eight xian or rotk2 are worth getting.  If you are here then a utility card is ok.  Get prologues if u dont have them already but considering u had last years all max pick and still dont have any of them then it is time to do it.  Last year it was overwhelmingly prologues so if u skipped them all in whatever protest u were in and picked say cornflower then u probably quit tos this year because how bad ur deck is now.

do you use dual zero?

No dual zero suffers from the same issue dual daji suffers from.  There was a thread back in the day on it.

Dual zero does get the superimposed 200% all attribute however this does not matter because of the base multiplier.

The superimpose in zero's leaderskill seems to be a bone throw to beast leaders like haza.  This way u dont overwrite the earth bonus.  Not sure why they did this as it seems haza is basically done.  I used to use dodo/aloha-haza alot to avoid the grind of dual haza.  I never liked dual haza in the space when dragon teams were inferior.  I used to put panda and furi inside to ensure earth.

Regarding which is better (Zero/Mellow vs Mellow/Zero), I think that it would depends on the stage and situation

Zero/Mellow's CD reduction is good in the current JO, where speed is important. You also won't have to worry about enchanted mirror shields

Zero/Mellow's rune enchantment is useful is the arena to counter enchanted tri-color (eg. W+FE) shields without using any actives. But If there aren't any enchanted tri-color shields, then Mellow/Zero's extra spin time would be better.

Personally though, I feel that Zero/Mellow's +2s spin time (vs Mellow/Zero's +4s spin time) is sufficient in most cases, so I'd value the CD reduction more
ID: 39,040,287
Main ally: Terry

I'm missing Daoloth, Vishnu, and Zero out of the top tier ones. I was thinking of taking Daoloth and Vishnu, as I figured I can just ally Zero, but based on some of what you all are writing you're making me rethink. Do you think Zero as a leader would be more beneficial than either Daoloth or Vishnu?
(12-13-2018, 12:36 AM)caius76 Wrote: I'm missing Daoloth, Vishnu, and Zero out of the top tier ones.  I was thinking of taking Daoloth and Vishnu, as I figured I can just ally Zero, but based on some of what you all are writing you're making me rethink.  Do you think Zero as a leader would be more beneficial than either Daoloth or Vishnu?

I'd consider taking Daoloth if you do lots and lots of farming (guild missions, daily soulstones, 5th seal for wolves, skill level farming, etc.). He's saved me a lot of time and effort from not having to concentrate much while farming for stuff ever since I'd gotten him and I can't imagine not having him now.
ID: 39,040,287
Main ally: Terry

(12-13-2018, 01:39 AM)johnnyTOS Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 12:36 AM)caius76 Wrote: I'm missing Daoloth, Vishnu, and Zero out of the top tier ones.  I was thinking of taking Daoloth and Vishnu, as I figured I can just ally Zero, but based on some of what you all are writing you're making me rethink.  Do you think Zero as a leader would be more beneficial than either Daoloth or Vishnu?

I'd consider taking Daoloth if you do lots and lots of farming (guild missions, daily soulstones, 5th seal for wolves, skill level farming, etc.). He's saved me a lot of time and effort from not having to concentrate much while farming for stuff ever since I'd gotten him and I can't imagine not having him now.

Id like to add that daoloth teams crop up every 4 to 6 weeks when arena has no bonus.  U will need ghroth for max combos though.  I would weigh daoloth against other cards to make sure u have the team members to use.  Daoloth was my choice last year and i regret not super spamming day1 of prologues seal.
(12-12-2018, 06:43 PM)johnnyTOS Wrote: Regarding which is better (Zero/Mellow vs Mellow/Zero), I think that it would depends on the stage and situation

Zero/Mellow's CD reduction is good in the current JO, where speed is important. You also won't have to worry about enchanted mirror shields

Zero/Mellow's rune enchantment is useful is the arena to counter enchanted tri-color (eg. W+FE) shields without using any actives. But If there aren't any enchanted tri-color shields, then Mellow/Zero's extra spin time would be better.

Personally though, I feel that Zero/Mellow's +2s spin time (vs Mellow/Zero's +4s spin time) is sufficient in most cases, so I'd value the CD reduction more

I will second this.  One thing to keep in mind is to max zeros teamskill u have to have to use cat thieves, but u will almost always have a -3 cd with zero, mellow and ghostie in team.  Ppl without these cards might not be aware.
(12-12-2018, 12:55 AM)spacelion Wrote: Anyway I just drew Zero (itchy hand) so I can probably go Daji. ?

Just don't there are many better options, just like I mentioned in the first post, she is going to be 5 years old with no improvement, so there is no real reason to give her priority.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Latest patch members I manage to grab lol.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, if you want to join be sure to join the Discord server for information.
I remember the last seal draw which had a high chance at daji.  Ppl that got it were celebrating like they got something.  Daji isnt even worth PR'ing let alone VR.  I probably havent used her in 1 year and she allmax.

In thinking back over this thread, i believe u should add all 3 of the catthieves to the best choice.  Mellow as leader since she can grind anything and ghostie as a member.  U should try to get these 2 from the current seal but they are a good choice for all max if u missed them.

I played shiva recently and he is pretty strong.  Way better than cornflower.  Add shiva somewhere however i think few should pick a water leader for all max.  You should have aqua at least and maybe yusuke as water leaders and before u jump all over me, yusuke and aqua can be ok mono water.  Heck they can be mono water and race.

I wish i could pick Pompeii...