Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First draw and and how to reroll [for Version 12]
(03-24-2016, 08:36 PM)Dhafeuwst Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 01:49 AM)TheCatGod Wrote: ^ 1x Nezha and 1x DBK then 1x Fox? I drew DBK on my main and rolled Nezha for a secondary account...who wants to bet that Daji will be my next JTTW?

2600 draws? Pfft, took me under 250 for sure to get DBK on main and Nezha for secondary.

Thanks for finding the post, I now have something to read other than Java textbooks XD

EDIT: OMG lmao...he used a batch script with ADB...smart, but we're making ours local and 100% on the phone itself

EDIT 2: Ah, it seems he was using an emulator. I can't understand 100% of the French but skimming over it, I can pick out a couple of words here and there. Finally, a use for all the time I've put into French class Smile

The original poster is our former guildmaster. If you are interested, I can translate the tutorial in english, or maybe contact him if you have questions.

If you could translate it that would be great, being Canadian I can read some French but I can't understand all of it. Thanks! Smile

(03-25-2016, 01:45 AM)Joaqs Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 08:09 AM)TheCatGod Wrote: Since this is a thread about rerolling, I just want to ask you guys two questions:

1: About how long does it take you guys to reroll each time? I can always do it in under 6 minutes, usually it takes me 5 if I'm rushing through it full speed and my record is 4 minutes. Just curious to see how long it takes you guys.

2: Would you guys be interested in an app for Android that moves your XML to a specified location at one tap? So you reroll, then close TOS, open the app, type in a folder name, and hit go, and it moves your save in one tap so you can go back to TOS to keep rerolling.

If you guys are interested, I can modify my current app to work on other phones as well (as it works perfectly on my Nexus 4 but somehow deleted instead of moving the XML for my friend's Nexus 5) and allow specification of where to store the file (mine is currently hardcoded to a specific folder in the SD card). Folder structure would be similar to:

/sdcard/TOS Accounts/Card-Name-Here/com.madhead.tos.en.v2.playerprefs.xml

where you would type in the Card-Name-Here, so you know which XML is which because it is inside a folder that has its card name.

Five to six minutes sounds about right, although it normally takes me a little more time because when I reroll I usually do it while doing other things.

The app sounds good and much more organized than my current method of changing the name and stuffing all the files into a folder.

Enviado desde mi LG-D610AR mediante Tapatalk

I'll see if I have time to polish off the app and I'll post the APK somewhere once I have time.

Giveaways from my Daji rerolls can be found here. No longer rerolling because I now have Daji on my main account.

Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main allies dual max Izanagi and dual max Amaterasu)

Finally got Amaterasu! やった!Now I have the entire Kojiki set Smile
I was thinking of covering race specific leaders next.

Race specific teams:
Most of this teams consists of only one race and are not really that good without diamond seal draws so they are not that good starting pulls but with the right team members they some of these leaders can clear a lot of the game content. Lets start with from the worst  to the best.

Toy elves:
This guys are bad leaders, elves have low hp so the fact that they boost recovery is not important if you are dead. The number of elf in the normal diamond seal is this series and a few more elves (one of which is Daji. Although there are a few more in the newbie seal, the truly good leaders are in the monster strike seal which is not coming back) but no more than ten at most so they have to rellie on farmable elves and there are a few specific teams that can use the toy elves as ally but not as leader (like Diablo). Don't get me wrong, this series active are good but they are not good leaders. The only saving grace from making them a just reroll series is that they are somewhat decent in the early game and almost all the the common drops in the game are elves (the elves obviously but alsi the gnomes and slimes, the feeders for the melogs, the investiture drops, etc) for easy team building but even then the toy elves are not that good.

Demon specific (alternate tittle "Welcome to the cathedral of shadows, where demons gather."):
This category includes the non samurai Immortal heroes and the Minds of Fray. The LD Crinson Grace and Hyakko Yago Curse enter here but are in another section.
As leaders, this series boost some combination of hp, attack and recovery but only for demons. Most of them boost attack and recovery (2x snd 1.5x respectively) but a few boost all three by 1.5x. They can be decent leaders but have a similar problem to the toy elves in that demons hp is low so extra recovery is not that good. On the other hand farmable demons are harder to find early but there is a good amount of demons in the diamond seal although crimson grace and origin of power are arguably better. In short this series are not good starting leaders.

Beasts:
The Spiritual Civilization and Druids of Nature (for sone reason the name makes me think of RULES OF NATURE but with druids instead of rules)
series.
Part of the reason I wanted tp make this guide is that one of the first google resulta for TOS rerolling (the urgametips one) recomends starting with the dark or light schemas (archimendrites, aestetic, etc) which is currently imposible because the schema where retired from the diamond seal (and moved to the friend point seal) so they can't be the first draw. On the other hand the beast series available are better than the schemas as beast leaders.
Sure the spiritual civilization have lower multiplier but the 50% all atribute part of the leader skill makes it easier to play rainbow beast. The worst for beast teams is Iquitos (he has his uses in fire teams), Odus and Pluma's active make them better team members than leader, Basti and Mufasa are the best leaders from this series and their active is good to burst down bosses.
The druids are kind of a mixed bag for beast teams. Panda druid - Yunyang and stork druid - Boyciana are pseudo hegemony that give a 3.5x multiplier only to their attribute beasts plus they don't need to be evolved, panda has better active but in my opinion Boyciana can make a better team. Killer Whale druid - Aloha and Penguin Druid - Dodo are not good until evolved but once evolved they have an excelent multiplier and solve part of the beasts recovery problem by making every rune heal a little, because of the active Dodo is better than Aloha. Tapir druid - Sumatra doesn't do nothing to help recovery because she goes full attack with her 4.5 multiplier and damage boosting active.
To sumarize, spiritual civilization are good for easy to play rainbow, Sumatra is the new schema of Darkness while Aloha and Dodo have multiplier and recovery simply by dissolving runes.

Dragons:
Have you heard dragons can clear pretty much everything and can make the game boring? Well that is true but they require the Ursalis Nursula Urvalis Ursula and Novalis (water and dark dragon spiritors respectively) from the diamond seal, Nidhogg from the soulmaster battle and a RGB etheral dragon helps but is not essential because Ursula can work as a leader. Without Ursula and Novalis so getting any of the two may be worth keeping so that the other is the only one needed although it is argueably better to start with Novalis because Urusla can be an ally and Nidhogg can be used as a leader if its soulmaster (which is old and can be farmed with a grind team) happens before getting an Urusla. Other than Novalis and Ursula, most dragons are not worth starting with because the leader skill are for dragon teams.

If anything doesn't make sense or is wrong it is beacuse I am sleppy right now. I am going to add images/links and add this to the first post tomorrow, now I am off to sleep.

ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
I feel from your comment that panda is under rated. First, its had the best leader card skill among all that enables heart rune transfer card. Second is probably the only transfer heart rune type that be can be fit into many earth decks aside from the 5 common dual leader series, panda can fit into additional DBK, Barara-nigg deck or even use as a leader himself with LHY. Even Panda with DBK, Medusa, Mufasa/Spirits of nature, Circle, LHY can hit a very high multiplier, and survive decently with DBK Medusa. That sums up to a total of 8 end game deck that this one card can fit into.

Dragon wise, Babara Nihogg is as good as ursula/novalis deck.

btw Water Demonic Dragon info seems available now. worth a spot in Dragon teams?
aside of Dragon teams, not sure if any team can survive with 4 Dragons in it... Ursula Leader/Ally?

http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Dragon_of_Icy_Thorns
RXWing / 48,740,450 / Lv340+
My Teams (30 Aug) / Inventory (16 Oct) / Replays
(03-31-2016, 02:49 PM)LionelTeo Wrote: I feel from your comment that panda is under rated. First, its had the best leader card skill among all that enables heart rune transfer card. Second is probably the only transfer heart rune type that be can be fit into many earth decks aside from the 5 common dual leader series, panda can fit into additional DBK, Barara-nigg deck or even use as a leader himself with LHY. Even Panda with DBK, Medusa, Mufasa/Spirits of nature, Circle, LHY can hit a very high multiplier, and survive decently with DBK Medusa. That sums up to a total of 8 end game deck that this one card can fit into.

Dragon wise, Babara Nihogg is as good as anyone ursula, novalis deck.

I wouldn't say panda is underrated, his active is good but I was focusing more on him as a leader which you are right in that he can make a a good team and I admit I was thinking of mono earth beast team and forgot LHY. Anyways, both panda and Boyciana are not bad as first draw (because they don't need to be evolved) but are bad for beast only teams, will add them in the pseudo hegemony part.

About Barbara Nidhogg, it is not really a only dragon team so it doesn't belong in there
Being serious, the team is good but quite restricted in terms of members and requires pr Barbara, I am not to sure how good it is for a new player but it is worth mentioning so I will add them in the good leaders when conditions are fullfilled section.

(03-31-2016, 03:20 PM)rxwing Wrote: btw Water Demonic Dragon info seems available now. worth a spot in Dragon teams?
aside of Dragon teams, not sure if any team can survive with 4 Dragons in it... Ursula Leader/Ally?

http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Dragon_of_Icy_Thorns

Hegemony teams maybe? Something like pr Carrie, vr Ap Guang, Dagon, Ursula (?), new dragon, pr Carrie.

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
I would put greek further down, the team skill only works at 6* plus, and not many allies are non PR, so that means the deck isn't as strong, but then again, al the mobs are OHKO at early part.
ID: 25923781
Looking for: Freyr, Aether, Ninurta, Namtar, Artemis, Beelzebub, Barbara, Apollo, Pontos, Chessia, 
Main Allies: (Double Max+ unless stated) Aether, Freyr, Ninurta, Artemis (CD12), Lucy (CD16), Pontos
Level 237

Regarding the race specific teams, just a few comments:

Demons:
I would think that outside of the Hyakki Yagyo series (mostly RGB, with GB being slightly better) and Origin of Demons series, the rest aren't particularly good starters because in most cases they aren't exactly core members in most teams, and even though they have viable team builds (PR Todd for example), it requires a very specific set of cards that won't be good for the new player experience.

Beasts:
I think Lionel made a very good point when talking about first rolls: when considering good cards for rerolling, having a decent leader skill is nice, but the active skill is also extremely important. Because of this, i would say that Basti and Mufasa should generally be more favoured because of their usefulness in dark teams and Earth teams in general, while still being generally useful to start you off since their leader requirements aren't that strict. Likewise, Yun Yang would be the most useful because of his active and generally viability in a larger number of teams in the future. As mentioned in my post in the other section of the forum, i wouldn't agree with fire druid being a good leader because of her future potential in teams (aka very little outside of beast teams).

Dragons: I would generally either advise new players to either get a novalis or a Barbara if they intend to play a dragon team (or a dragon beast hybrid). There's very little point having just Ursula because she comes hand in hand with Novalis for almost all dragon teams. There is little reason to keep Ursula and hope to get Novalis. While it may be noted that you could maybe make a somewhat viable team with Novalis if you had and Ursula with Novalis being the ally, I would think that the team performs subpar-ly and isn't worth trying to build. Barb is worth it in my opinion because you can just slot in any earth beast or dragon you get in the meantime while trying to build the team up and you should be okay. Not to mention the cards you need for the team are fairly common.
ID: 60302480

Allies available: Inanna (All Max), Dumuzi (All Max) PR Apollo (All Max), PR Virgo (All max), VR Freyja (All Max), Stolas (Ame II), Huang Fu Duo (Max lvl, Ame IV), PR Yang Jian (Max lvl, Max CD), PR Athena (All Max), Beelzebub (All Max), Samael (All Max) Jia Rou (Ame IV, set on weekends), Satan, Guan Yu, Lu bu. 
I agree that greek is not that good of a first draw but it is a bet for the late game. I think of them in this way, greek are powerfull and a lot of players want to draw greek but can't get them so starting with them will guarantee a better late game (and faster if you focus the exp on greek) at the cost of a not so smooth early game. It is a good point so I will move them to a category of themself "great leaders for late but bad for ealy so you should consider to stop rerolling" or something like that.

(03-31-2016, 11:24 PM)deathexe Wrote: Regarding the race specific teams, just a few comments:

Demons:
I would think that outside of the Hyakki Yagyo series (mostly RGB, with GB being slightly better) and Origin of Demons series, the rest aren't particularly good starters because in most cases they aren't exactly core members in most teams, and even though they have viable team builds (PR Todd for example), it requires a very specific set of cards that won't be good for the new player experience.

Beasts:
I think Lionel made a very good point when talking about first rolls: when considering good cards for rerolling, having a decent leader skill is nice, but the active skill is also extremely important. Because of this, i would say that Basti and Mufasa should generally be more favoured because of their usefulness in dark teams and Earth teams in general, while still being generally useful to start you off since their leader requirements aren't that strict. Likewise, Yun Yang would be the most useful because of his active and generally viability in a larger number of teams in the future. As mentioned in my post in the other section of the forum, i wouldn't agree with fire druid being a good leader because of her future potential in teams (aka very little outside of beast teams).

Dragons: I would generally either advise new players to either get a novalis or a Barbara if they intend to play a dragon team (or a dragon beast hybrid). There's very little point having just Ursula because she comes hand in hand with Novalis for almost all dragon teams. There is little reason to keep Ursula and hope to get Novalis. While it may be noted that you could maybe make a somewhat viable team with Novalis if you had and Ursula with Novalis being the ally, I would think that the team performs subpar-ly and isn't worth trying to build. Barb is worth it in my opinion because you can just slot in any earth beast or dragon you get in the meantime while trying to build the team up and you should be okay. Not to mention the cards you need for the team are fairly common.
I think I mentioned that the immortal heroes and minds of fray are not good but it was at the end so I can see it not being clear enough. When I add it to the first post I will edit the part to mention the two series are not good starting draws and then why.

For Basti and Mushufasa I can mention how they are the prefered draw for the series (and how Odus is becoming a trollishark). I don't disagree that panda > Boyciana so I will remove that part.

Just for the record, I didn't mention Barbara because I wanted to write about the standard dragon team and put Barbara Nidhogg in a diferent section.
I will remove the recomendation for Urusula but keep the part before.

Next will be to add the egyptian gods as powerfull but niche leaders with good actives that works as a pseudo converter and damage booster but that they are not that good first draw and how the weakest of them right now is Ra with pr Kejourou overshadowing him (except for snipers team).
Related to that, is there anywhere that mentions the multipliers of the different evolutions of the egyptian gods? That would help explain why they are good but niche.

I dont think the light wines and fire wines are really good first draw. 2 turns of 80% damage reduction are generally not favorable in norse deck.
(04-03-2016, 05:30 PM)LionelTeo Wrote: I dont think the light wines and fire wines are really good first draw. 2 turns of 80% damage reduction are generally not favorable in norse deck.

If you're thinking as far as a competitive Norse deck, you might as well just reroll again for a Babylon or Origin anyway. By the time you're able to consider that team setup (requiring 6 Gaelles and Odin Nightmare) you'll have made so many more draws. 2.5x mono multiplier at 5* is incredibly powerful for early game, and the added recovery at 6* is very good. Two turns of reduction is also very good for surviving 1 or 2 hits from a tougher boss, which generally buys enough time to kill it. I cleared all the Youkai Master stages using a 5* Skeggjald + Abaddon team with 3-4* filler fire cards.
KaerfNomekop: 59,402,542
Grisk: 84,088,062

SM History Chart!
Active Skill Catalog! (Spreadsheet)

[Image: geBprMN.png]