Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explain : VR - Refinement and Divergence / New Drawing Mechanism / Dragonware
Hi All,

I've been inactive for 2.5 years and recently my friend got me into it again saying a lot of new updates and asking me to draw the All Max Card before it expires.

Question at hand.

After VR, is refinement and divergence interchangeable ? or do I have to choose.

Thanks for taking your time to read this guys. and i may be posting a few more questions in the coming days, if i have any more queries.

Not fully back, but slowly reading up what I was missing.

Ps : I read Babylon gods are trash even PR .. Sad 

Edit : Need advise on the new drawing card mechanism. Black cards ? Ancient coins ? 
Edit 2 : What is Dragonware

After VR you can change by pressing the power alternation option

The power alternation option can be shown when you tap a card to see it.

Yes. When a card is VR it basically becomes two cards in one, which can be changed freely in the inventory. Which makes sense because generally you want to VR with a dupe rather than the mats, so it literally is two cards.

I recommend you read this: http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Your_5-Year-Draw_All_Max

Oriceles also has a guide in Gen Discussion I think.

It should help you decide what to do with your All Max, though I do think the expiration is more than a month away, so there's no big rush. Azathoth is currently the most popular beginner's recommendation as he's quite strong, has high HP as a defense mechanism, only has one recommended member (Novalis) and can carry off-multiplier cards to deal with specific problems.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Thx guys,
That cleared my doubt.
Have PR Greeks (Poseidon, Apollo) and just when I plan to get back they get VR Smile .

(02-15-2018, 06:17 PM)Fauxy Wrote: Azathoth is currently the most popular beginner's recommendation as he's quite strong, has high HP as a defense mechanism, only has one recommended member (Novalis) and can carry off-multiplier cards to deal with specific problems.

Yup his actually my first choice. i never actually played dragon team, but i have Novalis and the Blue Dragon Girl (forgot name) in their lowest level. but i have all the mats and materials to level them up easy.

While i was typing this.
Can anyone explain to me the new drawing system ? whats with black cards and ancient coins ?

thanks.
(02-15-2018, 06:26 PM)timeekit Wrote: Thx guys,
That cleared my doubt.
Have PR Greeks (Poseidon, Apollo) and just when I plan to get back they get VR Smile .

(02-15-2018, 06:17 PM)Fauxy Wrote: Azathoth is currently the most popular beginner's recommendation as he's quite strong, has high HP as a defense mechanism, only has one recommended member (Novalis) and can carry off-multiplier cards to deal with specific problems.

Yup his actually my first choice. i never actually played dragon team, but i have Novalis and the Blue Dragon Girl (forgot name) in their lowest level. but i have all the mats and materials to level them up easy.

While i was typing this.
Can anyone explain to me the new drawing system ? whats with black cards and ancient coins ?

thanks.

Special seals: In order to solve overcrowding in the diamond seal making it impossible to draw new cards, MH separated the diamond seal cards introduced every patch and made them available in a separate drawing pool which only consisted of the new series. There are three designated rares from every new series... of varying qualities haha. Most of the meta leaders are rares from these new seals.

Black cards: The rarest of the rare, which are drawn already 7*. They are the most coveted of cards, usually quite powerful as either Leaders or Members, but even then there tends to be tiers within black cards. Those that are strong leaders are generally considered some the best and most widely capable archetypes in the game. These are only available for drawing every few months (except the Black Sindhu series which has only been available at this and the past CNY) and generally take 30-40 draws to get even when they are available, expedited by the presence of the 10-draw mechanic, which usually gives players some kind of free bonus (this time around it's guaranteed Common Sindhus).

There are three major black card series: Sindhu (associated with CNY), Flowers of Pledge (A collab with longtime collaborator Yanxi), and Genesis (kind of the "main" black card series).

Ancient seal: The other major method of getting a a black card, also only available when the black card event is ongoing and the 10-draw is open. You get a rebate of Ancient coins for every diamond draw you do (even when the event is not ongoing). 100 of these can be used for a chance at the Ancient coin seal, the pool of which contains the 3 rares from every special seal that's ever been introduced, all of the black cards (except Sindhu usually, but it's CNY so currently all), and a few junk series that MH puts in to make people suffer.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Exclusive Seal (currently Imperial Warlords 2) - A newly released series seal. Typically contains ~8 cards, 3 rares and 5 commons. Rares are typically new meta leaders. Similar to collab seals, but with MH native content. After the seal closes at the end of the patch, the series will eventually rotate into the diamond seal pool. The rares will be available in the ancient coin seal in future black card events. The current seal is a bit meh in terms of new leaders though.

Black Card - Super rare card with a black card back, can only be drawn from the regular diamond seal/ancient coin seal during certain events. Currently Princess Iron Fan and Tang San Zhang are in the pool as a part of the Chinese New Year celebration. They will probably not be available for at least another year after this event ends. Tend to be very powerful cards.

Ancient Coin Seal - For every diamond draw, you obtain a certain number of ancient coins, 10 for the regular diamond pool, 5 for exclusive seals/event seals.
During a black card event, for 100 coins, you can draw from the Ancient Coin Seal, a much smaller card pool, containing black cards and previous exclusive seal rare cards. For 150 coins, you can obtain a dupe of a previously owned Chinese God for dragonware/VR.

EDIT:
Dragonware - A type of DC that is equipped to a specific team member to give it some extra amelioration-like buffs (15% damage boost, CD-1, etc.). It's meant to be applied to members, not leaders. A dupe of that member and a pair of dragonware crafting material are required to craft one.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.