Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion+Strategy+Info] Tower of the Queen

(04-30-2018, 12:58 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:18 PM)Fauxy Wrote: 1-6
So far:

Floor 1: I did it yesterday and I was drinking and I honestly have no recollection of what I used.
Floor 2: Sun Ce, easy clear. 2 combos=6 so the boss is nothing.
Floor 3: Azathoth. Is this boss stage a bug? Why does she have this skill?
Floor 4: Harder than I thought, and then easier than I thought. It's pretty easy to fuck up at wave 2 and kill the water mob first because of Turing's snipe. Pretty much guaranteed you will need both Turings for wave 3 ime, she doesn't make enough hearts with one convert and your recovery is not good enough to get back up to 90% if you been hit a few times.
Floor 5: Gaia - Geironul - Red Boy - Yashiro - Lu Xun. If you have Huifre (I don't), swap her for either of the god members, will make this so much simpler. Otherwise, boss is pretty easy to tank through with Yashiro and Lu Xun activated until the right kind of runes are on the board.
Floor 6: Yog Sothoth - Farenheit - Doris - Khaos - Pollux. Yog's leaderskill + Yog and Pollux self buffs basically solves everything but the boss, who I needed to whittle down pretty slowly until my actives were back up, finished with 3 turns left I think. Pretty chill stage when you have 17 seconds spin.
7-8
Jeez. It's been pretty hard, I think my teams are okay but I been failing a lot still. The order in which these parties are arranged are important for both stages:

Floor 7: Azathoth - Copper Bullet - Draco - Qinglong - Colin + Azathoth.
  • The only must have card with this setup is Draco because of that damn 20 hit shield. Stall early at the first wave (kill one then keep dissolving water) to get her up. 
  • Use one Azathoth on freezing board.
  • You have to be very delicate and not overdamage during the 70% damage debuff (as you cannot heal up so you can't let his attacks get too high while you stall), and during the boss's freezing attack (could probably bring Chun Xiang or something here to make this easier, but I was stubborn).
  • I had monodragons arranged correctly, so managed to stall the ice off and use Aza to make a clean 6 combos at the end, but Colin or maybe Zhao Yun will hopefully help if you accidentally kill her first HP bar too quickly.
Floor 8: Sun Ce - Swegde - Florice - CF Celsius - CF Chang'e + Sun Ce.

• You too, by the grace of whatever god you believe in, can pass with Sun Ce. Honestly times like this I really wish I had Guan Yu. But Sun Ce does the trick after some difficulty and help from a 2 turn delaying DC.
  • Hearts shield is luck based and the big hamper on whether or not you can proceed.
  • At wave 4 you use the delay DC to whittle away the majority of her Kamikaze (Preferably activate it when you don't have hearts on the board and you can't take another hit). Can use Chang'e if you want, but I wouldn't.
  • Once foul play hits you activate Celsius and optional Swegde depending on how good your board is, switch Florice to her other form and use her 10x status remove IN THAT ORDER. Trust me you'll need the hearts from skydrop for the proceeding waves.
  • Stall as much as possible on Wave 5, which is not much given how all runes are attack runes for Sun Ce.
  • First HP bar is not hard, just activate a Sun Ce and maybe Swegde and spin.
  • Second HP bar is a slow grind down, trying to make sure you dissolve all weathered runes every turn as well as one set of hearts. Pace your use of emergency buttons (Celsius and Chang'e), use Swegde on cooldown because usually she makes the board simpler to spin, remember that Celsius will reduce Chang'e's cooldown so use Chang'e first if you have a choice between the two. But also remember do not dissolve all hearts when you use Celsius because she reduces the chances of hearts dropping (they can still drop, but not in the first batch). The ultimate emergency button is using the delay DC again, which can go a lot of ways because usually you'll be left without hearts.
Huhu my dimes.

Floor 9: Rose - Rose - Daji (DW) - Saruman - Morris. By far the easiest for my inventory. Did it in one try.
  • The first mobs are very weak, even after 50x defense. Two rows should kill them provided your skydrop lands cleanly.
  • You shouldn't face a problem until puzzle shield. If you're unlucky you'll have a lot of light on the board, which you might have to convert away. I used Daji here.
  • The first two revives of wave 5 you can spin through regularly. The last one, just burst with Saruman and one Rose, the X-burn is really annoying to grind through.
  • I ended up using craft on wave 5 so I didn't have light runes on wave 6. 1 Rose for 1st HP bar, 1 Rose + Morris + Daji on the second HP bar. GG.
Floor 10:
  • This is a gimme stage right? Do whatever you want, just don't use a fire team, bring a board clear for her 2nd HP bar.
Floor 11:
  • UGgggghh. This was so hard. I have no Athena and no Huifre and Maya was too inconsistent.
  • Ended up clearing with Gaia - Turing - Earth Lionel - Yashiro - Lu Xun + Gaia. After MANY tries.
  • I really don't recommend my team, it basically revolves around the idea that you can use Turing at the cumulative heart stage and at the boss's last HP bar to break enchanted WFE shield. In practice though, it's very luck based depending on Gaia's convert, as Turing will not convert away Earth and so hoping for even one set of enchanted fire and water using her is a bit much. Lionel is for machina bonus/increased attack count to speed though the high def mobs, Yashiro is general booster and necessary to do 9 combos, Lu Xun keeps you alive.
  • There are probably better Gaia setups, but my inventory for earth is not so good.
Floor 12:
  • Maya - ML - Salonbus - Daikokuten - Light Lionel + Maya. Harder than expected but not nearly as hard as Floor 11. I used a delay DC here, it helped a lot.
  • I don't think you really need to grind on purpose, since the mobs are tougher here (be careful of Dark Lionel killing you), but you need to have Salonbus (any booster that is not a god will replace him, preferably one that lasts two turns) ready by the Midgley revival. Remove effects with Lionel, use your booster, if you're lucky you'll kill him in one shot if you're not then mash the delay DC.
  • You wanna farm all your gods back up at wave 7's first HP bar. Especially Daikokuten. Do not dissolve all electric runes until you are ready to pass. ML should be on by that time, use his convert and one Maya to blitz the 3x revive.
  • I turned on Salonbus at boss's first HP bar, killed in one spin.
  • Second HP bar, Daikokuten and Maya, then pray that skydrop will fill in whatever light you're missing to hearts. I passed the first time I actually reached the boss. I didn't press DC fast enough to ensure the kill, but I still killed her (this is why it's preferable to have a two turn booster).

To be continued~

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(05-01-2018, 03:31 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
So far:

Floor 1: I did it yesterday and I was drinking and I honestly have no recollection of what I used.
Floor 4: Harder than I thought, and then easier than I thought. It's pretty easy to fuck up at wave 2 and kill the water mob first because of Turing's snipe. Pretty much guaranteed you will need both Turings for wave 3 ime, she doesn't make enough hearts with one convert and your recovery is not good enough to get back up to 90% if you been hit a few times.
Floor 5: Gaia - Geironul - Red Boy - Yashiro - Lu Xun. If you have Huifre (I don't), swap her for either of the god members, will make this so much simpler. Otherwise, boss is pretty easy to tank through with Yashiro and Lu Xun activated until the right kind of runes are on the board.
Floor 6: Yog Sothoth - Farenheit - Doris - Khaos - Pollux. Yog's leaderskill + Yog and Pollux self buffs basically solves everything but the boss, who I needed to whittle down pretty slowly until my actives were back up, finished with 3 turns left I think. Pretty chill stage when you have 17 seconds spin.
7-8
Jeez. It's been pretty hard, I think my teams are okay but I been failing a lot still. The order in which these parties are arranged are important for both stages:

• The only must have card with this setup is Draco because of that damn 20 hit shield. Stall early at the first wave (kill one then keep dissolving water) to get her up. 
  • You have to be very delicate and not overdamage during the 70% damage debuff (as you cannot heal up so you can't let his attacks get too high while you stall), and during the boss's freezing attack (could probably bring Chun Xiang or something here to make this easier, but I was stubborn).
  • I had monodragons arranged correctly, so managed to stall the ice off and use Aza to make a clean 6 combos at the end, but Colin or maybe Zhao Yun will hopefully help if you accidentally kill her first HP bar too quickly.

• You too, by the grace of whatever god you believe in, can pass with Sun Ce. Honestly times like this I really wish I had Guan Yu. But Sun Ce does the trick after some difficulty and help from a 2 turn delaying DC.
  • Hearts shield is luck based and the big hamper on whether or not you can proceed.
  • At wave 4 you use the delay DC to whittle away the majority of her Kamikaze (Preferably activate it when you don't have hearts on the board and you can't take another hit). Can use Chang'e if you want, but I wouldn't.
  • Once foul play hits you activate Celsius and optional Swegde depending on how good your board is, switch Florice to her other form and use her 10x status remove IN THAT ORDER. Trust me you'll need the hearts from skydrop for the proceeding waves.
  • Stall as much as possible on Wave 5, which is not much given how all runes are attack runes for Sun Ce.
  • Second HP bar is a slow grind down, trying to make sure you dissolve all weathered runes every turn as well as one set of hearts. Pace your use of emergency buttons (Celsius and Chang'e), use Swegde on cooldown because usually she makes the board simpler to spin, remember that Celsius will reduce Chang'e's cooldown so use Chang'e first if you have a choice between the two. But also remember do not dissolve all hearts when you use Celsius because she reduces the chances of hearts dropping (they can still drop, but not in the first batch). The ultimate emergency button is using the delay DC again, which can go a lot of ways because usually you'll be left without hearts.
9-12
Huhu my dimes.

Floor 9: Rose - Rose - Daji (DW) - Saruman - Morris. By far the easiest for my inventory. Did it in one try.

• The first mobs are very weak, even after 50x defense. Two rows should kill them provided your skydrop lands cleanly.
  • You shouldn't face a problem until puzzle shield. If you're unlucky you'll have a lot of light on the board, which you might have to convert away. I used Daji here.
  • The first two revives of wave 5 you can spin through regularly. The last one, just burst with Saruman and one Rose, the X-burn is really annoying to grind through.
  • I ended up using craft on wave 5 so I didn't have light runes on wave 6. 1 Rose for 1st HP bar, 1 Rose + Morris + Daji on the second HP bar. GG.
Floor 10:

• This is a gimme stage right? Do whatever you want, just don't use a fire team, bring a board clear for her 2nd HP bar.
Floor 11:

• UGgggghh. This was so hard. I have no Athena and no Huifre and Maya was too inconsistent.
  • Ended up clearing with Gaia - Turing - Earth Lionel - Yashiro - Lu Xun + Gaia. After MANY tries.
  • I really don't recommend my team, it basically revolves around the idea that you can use Turing at the cumulative heart stage and at the boss's last HP bar to break enchanted WFE shield. In practice though, it's very luck based depending on Gaia's convert, as Turing will not convert away Earth and so hoping for even one set of enchanted fire and water using her is a bit much. Lionel is for machina bonus/increased attack count to speed though the high def mobs, Yashiro is general booster and necessary to do 9 combos, Lu Xun keeps you alive.
  • There are probably better Gaia setups, but my inventory for earth is not so good.
Floor 12:

• Maya - ML - Salonbus - Daikokuten - Light Lionel + Maya. Harder than expected but not nearly as hard as Floor 11. I used a delay DC here, it helped a lot.
  • I don't think you really need to grind on purpose, since the mobs are tougher here (be careful of Dark Lionel killing you), but you need to have Salonbus (any booster that is not a god will replace him, preferably one that lasts two turns) ready by the Midgley revival. Remove effects with Lionel, use your booster, if you're lucky you'll kill him in one shot if you're not then mash the delay DC.
  • You wanna farm all your gods back up at wave 7's first HP bar. Especially Daikokuten. Do not dissolve all electric runes until you are ready to pass. ML should be on by that time, use his convert and one Maya to blitz the 3x revive.
  • Second HP bar, Daikokuten and Maya, then pray that skydrop will fill in whatever light you're missing to hearts. I passed the first time I actually reached the boss. I didn't press DC fast enough to ensure the kill, but I still killed her (this is why it's preferable to have a two turn booster).

To be continued~
I did it, mom. Call me, "Her Majesty."

Floor 13: Light Lionel - Light Lionel - Yashiro - Pinkie - Agnesi (unevolved) + Wukong (unevolved). Hire a baby Wukong, it will make this stage so eassssssy.
  • Note that I used level maxed but not skill maxed cards. Passed in one try.
  • I got the idea from Sayokyoku in this thread, it really is such an easy way to get through this stage.
  • Farm for fuel the first two waves, the rest you should be able to grind through easily. Even the hearts stage you don't really need to turn on Lionel, just try to make sure you dissolve the bulk of hearts in one combo, two hits is really nothing with Wukong's leader skill.
  • Yashiro is one of the best biweeklies of all time and I'm sorry to all y'all who don't have him. 6+ combos is easily passed.
  • I messed up, shoulda put Pinkie in the second slot and the other light Lionel in the back, but I still killed the 20 hit wave just by activating Pinkie and dissolving water and light.
  • There is a bug with the neutralize in this stage (they fixed the double Uranus/Sondra in time for me to play, but as always created another bug), luckily it's a good one, at the moment I don't think the boss's neutralize reset actually resets CD. My Yashiro was on before I reached her and then he popped up the turn after he got reset. Might have done 15 combos by accident, but I doubt it with this team.
  • Agnesi is just there to be there. Replace her with anything else that isn't the same attribute as the other cards and has some kind of halfway decent function.

Floor 14: Yog Sothoth - Farenheit - Doris - OVR Seth - Uriel + Yog Sothoth
  • This was so hard until it was so simple. I died like 10 times trying to get Hephaestus to work. And then I used this Yog team and did it in one.
  • The second stage might kill you anyway, it's a little luck based depending on your skydrop.
  • Push off the debuff with Farenheit, Uriel (Skill 1), and Yog (Skill 2) at wave 3.
  • Grind your way through wave 4, it should not be impossible to stack your way through with Yog's time extend, I did. If there comes a panic situation, use Doris. Try to kill the mob when its CD is on 2, as this gives you some breathing room for the revival.
  • I had Uriel up again by wave 4 revival, I used her to heal (convert earth to hearts). Did not kill in one hit, but his CD was on 2, so I didn't die.
  • Grind through wave 5 (I one shot her because my Yog was still on). For wave 6 turn on Seth, if there's still too much earth hopefully your Doris is back up.
  • Grind again through boss's first HP bar, I would try to get as many actives back as I can here. Yog's damage reduce is really something.
  • I activated cards in this order: Doris > Uriel Skill 1> Yog Skill 2 > Yog Skill 1. Do not make a stupid move of activating Doris after Yog's quintet convert. Spin 5 elements, DC, and GG. Probably overkill, but my Hephaestus was really struggling to pull out enough damage to kill the boss so I wanted to be sure.

Floor 15: My OG. Maya - ML - ML - Luna - Y'golonac + Maya.
  • Grind at fire combo recovery until you can turn on your MLs, then kill.
  • Use one ML convert at vortex.
  • Y'go + the other ML convert + Maya (might as well) at weathered mines.
  • Grind again at all water recovery until your MLs are back up. You can go with just Y'go if you feel lucky.
  • Use Y'go + Luna + Maya at the fire board.
  • Use ML convert (or not) + the other Maya at final HP bar, compulsion.

Ugh this is the first time I cleared a tower type stage. I'm proud of myself.

(05-01-2018, 09:48 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 03:31 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
So far:

7-8

9-12
Huhu my dimes.

Floor 10:

Floor 11:

Floor 12:

To be continued~
I did it, mom. Call me, "Her Majesty."

Floor 13: Light Lionel - Light Lionel - Yashiro - Pinkie - Agnesi (unevolved) + Wukong (unevolved). Hire a baby Wukong, it will make this stage so eassssssy.
  • Note that I used level maxed but not skill maxed cards. Passed in one try.
  • I got the idea from Sayokyoku in this thread, it really is such an easy way to get through this stage.
  • Farm for fuel the first two waves, the rest you should be able to grind through easily. Even the hearts stage you don't really need to turn on Lionel, just try to make sure you dissolve the bulk of hearts in one combo, two hits is really nothing with Wukong's leader skill.
  • Yashiro is one of the best biweeklies of all time and I'm sorry to all y'all who don't have him. 6+ combos is easily passed.
  • I messed up, shoulda put Pinkie in the second slot and the other light Lionel in the back, but I still killed the 20 hit wave just by activating Pinkie and dissolving water and light.
  • There is a bug with the neutralize in this stage (they fixed the double Uranus/Sondra in time for me to play, but as always created another bug), luckily it's a good one, at the moment I don't think the boss's neutralize reset actually resets CD. My Yashiro was on before I reached her and then he popped up the turn after he got reset. Might have done 15 combos by accident, but I doubt it with this team.
  • Agnesi is just there to be there. Replace her with anything else that isn't the same attribute as the other cards and has some kind of halfway decent function.

Floor 14: Yog Sothoth - Farenheit - Doris - OVR Seth - Uriel + Yog Sothoth
  • This was so hard until it was so simple. I died like 10 times trying to get Hephaestus to work. And then I used this Yog team and did it in one.
  • The second stage might kill you anyway, it's a little luck based depending on your skydrop.
  • Push off the debuff with Farenheit, Uriel (Skill 1), and Yog (Skill 2) at wave 3.
  • Grind your way through wave 4, it should not be impossible to stack your way through with Yog's time extend, I did. If there comes a panic situation, use Doris. Try to kill the mob when its CD is on 2, as this gives you some breathing room for the revival.
  • I had Uriel up again by wave 4 revival, I used her to heal (convert earth to hearts). Did not kill in one hit, but his CD was on 2, so I didn't die.
  • Grind through wave 5 (I one shot her because my Yog was still on). For wave 6 turn on Seth, if there's still too much earth hopefully your Doris is back up.
  • Grind again through boss's first HP bar, I would try to get as many actives back as I can here. Yog's damage reduce is really something.
  • I activated cards in this order: Doris > Uriel Skill 1> Yog Skill 2 > Yog Skill 1. Do not make a stupid move of activating Doris after Yog's quintet convert. Spin 5 elements, DC, and GG. Probably overkill, but my Hephaestus was really struggling to pull out enough damage to kill the boss so I wanted to be sure.

Floor 15: My OG. Maya - ML - ML - Luna - Y'golonac + Maya.
  • Grind at fire combo recovery until you can turn on your MLs, then kill.
  • Use one ML convert at vortex.
  • Y'go + the other ML convert + Maya (might as well) at weathered mines.
  • Grind again at all water recovery until your MLs are back up. You can go with just Y'go if you feel lucky.
  • Use Y'go + Luna + Maya at the fire board.
  • Use ML convert (or not) + the other Maya at final HP bar, compulsion.

Ugh this is the first time I cleared a tower type stage. I'm proud of myself.

Glad it helped, and congrats~. ^^

Honestly, I struggled with dual PR Yog more on Floor 14 because of healing issues after the HP reduction to 1 on Wave 4.2 straight into the Ambush on Wave 5. D:
[Image: BPfjm4o.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Chang'e, Hubble
(05-02-2018, 01:43 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote: Glad it helped, and congrats~. ^^

Honestly, I struggled with dual PR Yog more on Floor 14 because of healing issues after the HP reduction to 1 on Wave 4.2 straight into the Ambush on Wave 5. D:
Thanks for your walkthoughs. Smile

I thought that would be an issue, so Uriel for heart convert was a good call. Probably can switch with Dipankara or something. Cthugha maybe not just because he makes your recovery take a nosedive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Floor 12 clear with daoloth pluma honor ironhamel colin daoloth

Colin then ironhamrel then honor makes 30 light at cd5 only.

Also, daoloth then pluma then colin will eliminate the heart debuff so u can dissolve hearts and heal.

Was planing an arthur team but just asked myself why?

Edit: finally cleared floor 15.  10 days left to farm but i am not sure i will max because the queen isnt that good.  Wish she was worth all this trouble.
(05-02-2018, 01:43 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote: ...

I had to play floor 14 four times because seth would not drop a fire rune for me even though a full board of earth. Was present.  On the 3rd try, i used my second yog on that stage to guarentee runes.  You could do the same with ur stage.  However u must be able to kill another stage with seth alone.  I took several rds on some stages.  Also u can calculate yogs dmg reduction and count hearts to determine if u will live or not.

Also 1 time ghroth only gave me 20 combos even after dissolving an izanagi like board.  This happens to me with ghroth every time a big clump drops after initial disslove.  It is totally void of skill.
(05-04-2018, 04:39 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Also 1 time ghroth only gave me 20 combos even after dissolving an izanagi like board.  This happens to me with ghroth every time a big clump drops after initial disslove.  It is totally void of skill.

If you do a bit of combo stacking instead of just a big 15-combo clump you tend to get better results. Stacking at least four or five combos to dissolve one or two batches later gets you much more mileage, since you have greatly increased areas of exposure around every rune and only one single rune needs to align within the entire dropping period.
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)