Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Discussion+Strategy+Info] The Gnawer of Yggdrasil (Soulmaster & Nightmare)
(06-27-2015, 01:25 AM)logger Wrote: So I am confused about how you can use dragons for this. Dragon teams healing is based on leech and if the shield is reducing damage to 0 then you get 0 leech. I found this out the hard way on Virgo's zodiac stage. Is Nidhogg's shield different so that it allows you to leech?

We are not using Ursula as ally, we are using PR ED as ally.

Available Cards:
[Image: dqTJNez.jpg]
ID: 43061313
(06-27-2015, 01:22 AM)Arigato Wrote:
(06-27-2015, 01:20 AM)KaiserJin7 Wrote: So, anyone cleared nightmare stage with ease that can share their teams?

done it with the team I wrote in OP, with a fire slime in it!!!

Ok. Thanks a lot. Any suggestions for replacement if I don't have morris?

Good grief. Never leveled my Diablo team. Now I end up with 20 diamonds and an impossible wall to climb.

Best of luck to others.

UID:29234960 | PRFaugnIVMAX, PRAthenaIVMAX,PRNidhoggMAX, PRNezhaIVMAX
Guild ID: 2016 | Join us in this fateful year! 

Draconomicon
Cleared with PR Diablo (L) + Magness, Clara, Yvette, Isabell + PR Saruman (A).

Almost made it with 0 diamonds but having 5 weathered runes surrounding my hearts killed me. Spent 1 diamond to continue and downed Nidhogg in one hit.

Morris or even Queen of Heart will be very helpful in this battle. Throughout the fight, I really wish that I'd one. Stage 5 is one of those tricky stages that you have to bring to below half life before bursting it down within 4 turns or you'll die since you can't control and can't tumbler. Other than that and having enough hearts on the board, and possibly low cd cards, it's not too difficult with a Diablo deck.

For my second round, perhaps I'll run my diablo deck with a slime included as Arigato did (if I have one lying around in my inventory)!
Regular ally (all maxed): Guan Yu / PR Jia Rou (weekends)
Other allies available upon request
UID: 25661324
Guild: AC Slackers  (Guild No.: 1563)
(06-27-2015, 01:29 AM)Arigato Wrote:
(06-27-2015, 01:25 AM)logger Wrote: So I am confused about how you can use dragons for this. Dragon teams healing is based on leech and if the shield is reducing damage to 0 then you get 0 leech. I found this out the hard way on Virgo's zodiac stage. Is Nidhogg's shield different so that it allows you to leech?

Please excuse my dragon noobness, but I still don't see how that give great overheal capabilities. If I understand it correctly Faugn's LS adds a flat 200 RCV to all dragons which gives them decent RCV stat. So then does it just rely on this decent RCV and the fact that you will have a couple heart makers and slightly increased heart drops?
(06-27-2015, 01:58 AM)logger Wrote:

Please excuse my dragon noobness, but I still don't see how that give great overheal capabilities. If I understand it correctly Faugn's LS adds a flat 200 RCV to all dragons which gives them decent RCV stat. So then does it just rely on this decent RCV and the fact that you will have a couple heart makers and slightly increased heart drops?

RGB ED gives a percentage based healing where each heart rune heals a % of your health. 
ID: 60302480

Allies available: Inanna (All Max), Dumuzi (All Max) PR Apollo (All Max), PR Virgo (All max), VR Freyja (All Max), Stolas (Ame II), Huang Fu Duo (Max lvl, Ame IV), PR Yang Jian (Max lvl, Max CD), PR Athena (All Max), Beelzebub (All Max), Samael (All Max) Jia Rou (Ame IV, set on weekends)
Currently at Round 9 against Wawel with Dual Faugn.
HOLY MOTHER OF GRINDING!
If Wawel turns of your Novalis, don't turn it back on. 75% damage reduction to Dark attack gives you a faster option of grinding normally with other elemental attacks.

Draconomicon
(06-27-2015, 01:58 AM)logger Wrote:

erm, for this NM, i don't think you can clear with dual Faugn even though you have 3k RCR with it.

The team that we mentioned is Nidhogg-PR RGB ED team. Water, Fire and Earth ED have a different leader skill after PR. They heal by percentage. So, Nidhogg increase the HP and allow you to tank. Then, when your HP gets low, dissolve a lot of heart rune together for a massive overheal. I don't think this works for NM but for SM, I did clear it many times with Nidhogg-Dagon team, one turn of burst heal can be over 50k easily. 

This team have like 50k HP, get your HP to 10k, dissolve 15 heart runes by using 2 heart ED to convert, you heal 72k at one go, allow you to do overheal damage. 3 heart runes can heal 36% of lost HP for a full dragon team. 

Btw, dual Faugn team with 3k RCR also can handle Nidhogg SM, NM is quite sadistic so it is not so easy even if it is possible. 
Available Cards:
[Image: dqTJNez.jpg]
ID: 43061313
(06-27-2015, 02:04 AM)Arigato Wrote: Btw, dual Faugn team with 3k RCR also can handle Nidhogg SM, NM is quite sadistic so it is not so easy even if it is possible. 

Update: Grinding PR Nidhogg Form 2 on an average of 1kHP per turn. Weathered runestones at 3 per attack. Passing Form 1 requires really good heart conversion + management + craft usage if lucky drops aren't available. For craft, use one with recovery bonus or 50% HP recovery, else one might be doomed.

Update: First death, forced to use three heart converters consecutively. Diamonded. *sigh*

Update: FOUR WEATHERED RUNES. NEVER AGAIN.
Dragon team grinding for Nidhogg highly unrecommended. Drop tricks, rune stacking, diagonals, intended weathered rune collision, all these tactics are necessary at this level.

Total diamond spent spiked from 3 to 7 when weathered runes reached 5 per spawn. They are situated in the worse areas (diagonal, missing rune pairs, etc.) although maybe its just my luck.

DO NOT PROCEED WITH DRAGON TEAM.

Draconomicon
Ok thanks for the answers. I was really looking for a NM team since I don't have a Diablo team. I don't think my dragon team would be viable. I do however have Douman or PR Virgo so I might try it with one of those.