Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Seal event: Digital Hatcher. April 16 (Mon) - May 13 (Sun)
(04-23-2018, 02:53 PM)kukingkong Wrote: 5 year playing ToS, I never believe the so-called 200% increasing chance of drawing rare cards. The number of rare cards increased during that period simply because players burned more diamonds.

I guess there is only 1 difference, it is between F2P & P2P.

I'm 100% f2p, I have lots of rare cards from different series, 200% increased just means that if base chance of that specific card was 0.5% before then the day of the increase it was 1.5%, people just never really took the time to consider how low the initial chance was anyways. 

Similar with the separate seals just that now we know that we ought to save more diamonds for the 2nd Friday of the new patch, and with arena and events we do get more diamonds. Some card is always the Uber rare of the patch and then it is all about personal luck if you get it or not, so far only the xian's patch was harsh for me,  even when drawing on the Monday but that  is tempting luck, it is much better to save the same around 20 draws for rate up day. 

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(04-23-2018, 08:29 PM)Revdarian Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 02:53 PM)kukingkong Wrote: 5 year playing ToS, I never believe the so-called 200% increasing chance of drawing rare cards. The number of rare cards increased during that period simply because players burned more diamonds.

I guess there is only 1 difference, it is between F2P & P2P.

I'm 100% f2p, I have lots of rare cards from different series, 200% increased just means that if base chance of that specific card was 0.5% before then the day of the increase it was 1.5%, people just never really took the time to consider how low the initial chance was anyways. 

Similar with the separate seals just that now we know that we ought to save more diamonds for the 2nd Friday of the new patch, and with arena and events we do get more diamonds. Some card is always the Uber rare of the patch and then it is all about personal luck if you get it or not, so far only the xian's patch was harsh for me,  even when drawing on the Monday but that  is tempting luck, it is much better to save the same around 20 draws for rate up day. 

you're right, the probability is still so low. The guaranteed OP card in 35 draws is nice. At least you know worst case scenario.

The rate used to be higher, then the cards got a little better. So MH thinks that they can get more money out of ppl this way so thats what they do. I used to be p2p but not this year. The 2018 series just are not worth the money. They need to do more than just the status quo.

(04-23-2018, 08:29 PM)Revdarian Wrote: ... Some card is always the Uber rare of the patch and then it is all about personal luck if you get it or not, so far only the xian's patch was harsh for me,  even when drawing on the Monday but that  is tempting luck, it is much better to save the same around 20 draws for rate up day. 

Here is my rare day draws since perennials last year:
Perennials = 3/25 (rose, rose, cornflower)
Prologues = 0/20
Rot3k part2 = 0/15
8Xian = 3/25 (He, He, fkn He)

6 rares in 85 draws on rare day.  Im sure the rare up is there its just so low that i havent seen it.  In contrast some ppl in my guild have more success doing 10 draws on the first day then 10 on rareup day.  They have completed all those series. 

I think im going to skip this patch and wait for the next one for the guarenteed card.  That is unless some1 can convince me that CF is unique enuf to warrent the risk.
(04-24-2018, 11:08 AM)jtsmith Wrote: The rate used to be higher, then the cards got a little better. So MH thinks that they can get more money out of ppl this way so thats what they do. I used to be p2p but not this year. The 2018 series just are not worth the money. They need to do more than just the status quo.

It's more to do with the fact that Apple has required all these draw-based, mini-gambling games to announce the draw rates.

But yeah, Chinese side apparently ran test before and concluded that the average draw rate for rares was ~3%. It does mean now that if you want the "best" rare (Turing), as determined by MH, your chances are going to be worse off compared to the past, but slightly better if you want the "second-class" rares (Mobius, Faraday).

As for whether or not the doubled draw rate of rares is true, we can make comments if extensive testing is done. It doesn't matter how many people draw on the day as long as the percentage seems to add up.
[Image: 7RK9NDX.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai
It will be interesting when they announce the black card draw rate, and the number of draws for the guaranteed draw...
Sadly, it will probably be higher than the current invisible "pity counter" of 30, considering that Turing is guaranteed at 35. My guess is something around 50.
Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
I have only seen the rates for 3 series (up to KoF) and normally the rates are 3%/6%/6% and for rate up day 5%/10%/10%.

Just saw the rate up rates for the current series and it's 2.5%/10%/10% (all other cards 12.9%).

I normally draw the whole series in around 20 draws on rate up day, let's see how far we get this time.
its like turing is a black black card... hope u all good luck!
UID 83.804.202
Rare rate up draws:

1. New Celsius
  2. Dupe Morse
  3. Dupe Froid
  4. New Hubble (One off the wish list)
  5. Dupe Celsius
  6. Dupe Celsius
  7. Dupe Morse
  8. Dupe Celsius
  9. New Turing (!!!)
  10. New Mobius (!)
No Chang'e still, might draw later, but those last two draws were unexpected.
[Image: 7RK9NDX.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai