Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Seal Event - Block of Duels [9 Jul - 5 Aug]
Got lucky:
17 draws for the set

1 yusuke
3 hiei
4 Kurama
1 genkai
2 kazuma
3 raizen
2 toguro
1 Koenma

Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
Could somebody clarify something? Madhead just wrote something very alarming on the ToS Facebook page.

Basically, they stated that the rate-up for today is based on the GMT+8 timezone. They flat out said that the rate-up is in effect only when it is Friday in the GMT+8 (Asia) timezone. (you can check the Facebook page for their comment, or see the screenshot I attached).

The obvious problem is that your game will always roll over to the next day based on where you created your account, regardless of your current location. And that is when you will actually see the message in the game "UP for specified monsters."

So based on what Madhead has just said, it means you could be seeing "UP for specified monsters" in your game if your account was made outside of Asia, but the rate-up might not actually be in effect?

(07-20-2018, 01:09 PM)epicsaga_infinity Wrote: Could somebody clarify something?  Madhead just wrote something very alarming on the ToS Facebook page.

Basically, they stated that the rate-up for today is based on the GMT+8 timezone.  They flat out said that the rate-up is in effect only when it is Friday in the GMT+8 (Asia) timezone. (you can check the Facebook page for their comment, or see the screenshot I attached).

The obvious problem is that your game will always roll over to the next day based on where you created your account, regardless of your current location.  And that is when you will actually see the message in the game "UP for specified monsters."

So based on what Madhead has just said, it means you could be seeing "UP for specified monsters" in your game if your account was made outside of Asia, but the rate-up might not actually be in effect?

Hi Yes, the usual bonus for any rate up, or any event will always follow the GMT+8timezone.

however, if i am not mistaken, the rate up will follow your current hour.

For example, if you are at GMT + 0 , at your 12midnight you will receive the bonus, whereas for someone at GMT+8, it will be their 8am. They would received their bonus 8 hours ago.

It starts at 12mn and end at 2359 of your timezone.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

For example, if you are at GMT + 0 , at your 12midnight you will receive the bonus, whereas for someone at GMT+8, it will be their 8am. They would received their bonus 8 hours ago.

Yes, that is what everyone believed, but Madhead just now commented on the ToS Facebook page saying that the rate-up event is based on GMT+8 for everyone.

Furthermore, they said that the time zone in which you created your account is not tied to your game, which is absolutely wrong.  Your game rolls over to the next day based on when/where your account was made, regardless of where you live.

[attachment=6809] 
(07-20-2018, 01:28 PM)Nighteleven Wrote: Hi Yes, the usual bonus for any rate up, or any event will always follow the GMT+8timezone.

You should technically be correct although before this year this did get screwed up and their was no compensation.  Not sure what exactly went wrong.

I draw when all times are on bonus time.  It's not hard, you can use a world clock if you have a hard time determining when to draw.  Once your in the bonus just draw because it doesnt matter if you draw b2b or sing or whatever u like to do to get the cards to come.

I have one question to add.  If most of you have 1 of each rare, do you think a second yusuke, hiei or kurama is needed?  How about any of the commons?  The switching cards seem to be the most useful i would think.
To give context to everyone else:
https://www.facebook.com/TowerOfSaviors/videos/1446790135422563/

At one point the Facebook post said "GMT+8" but it has subsequently been edited to remove that line.
In the comments Madhead have also said that the rate up is based on your own timezone, not GMT+8.

However, I've been burned before (I'm in GMT+11 and got 0 rares from 20 draws during RO3K "rate up") so ever since that time I've always waited until Friday morning to draw, which would guarantee that I'm in the overlap with GMT+8 rate up bonus.
Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
(07-20-2018, 02:25 PM)jtsmith Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 01:28 PM)Nighteleven Wrote: Hi Yes, the usual bonus for any rate up, or any event will always follow the GMT+8timezone.

You should technically be correct although before this year this did get screwed up and their was no compensation.  Not sure what exactly went wrong.

I draw when all times are on bonus time.  It's not hard, you can use a world clock if you have a hard time determining when to draw.  Once your in the bonus just draw because it doesnt matter if you draw b2b or sing or whatever u like to do to get the cards to come.

I have one question to add.  If most of you have 1 of each rare, do you think a second yusuke, hiei or kurama is needed?  How about any of the commons?  The switching cards seem to be the most useful i would think.

I think a second card or more would be a bonus. I do see them being useful support card, or having multiple of them.

Yusuke - able to have constant blast of his skill if you have 5 of him (CD 10) - since first turn is to convert and bonus attack, second turn will convert the runes. U need about 5 of him to rotate his skill.

Hiei - i find useful - high damage and low runes conversion.

Kurama - i also find useful to have multiple of him, however have not really tested him out.
20 draws since day 0 + purchase reward + free draw = 22

2 Kurama
1 Hiei
1 Yusuke
1 Genkai
3 Koenma
4 Kuwabara
5 Raizen
5 Older Toguro

"Heir to Spirit Gun" title

I'm actually surprised I have only 1 Genkai.
ID: 54962818

add me no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

Side note: Did anyone receive Kurama's animation skin for drawing? Because I can't see mine, lol...
[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
Free draw: Genkai
Genkai
Koenma
- Rate up draws -
Toguro
Toguro
Raizen
Genkai
Raizen