Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closing thoughts on 15.0?
This has been a big patch and I thought it would be nice to collate our thoughts on how the game has changed and what we liked and didn't like and what we can expect based on the major events of this patch.

I've done like three drafts of this topic at different times lol wondering if it was even appropriate. But now we have our first glimpse of 15.1, a teaser for PR Primal Greeks. Granted we still have at least the JO left, the returning sealed lords will probably bleed into next patch and culminate with PR Yog Sothoth.

My personal thoughts:
  • VR Greeks are great and I think it's because unlike Norse and CG, they really innovated to bring to life a gameplay style that will age well and is easy to develop buffs for. I hope in the future all VRs will be this inventive and distinct.
  • The Ro3K2 series is a pleasant plateau series. Does enough that's new and workable but thankfully doesn't try to up the ante that was already raised by Perrenials and Prologues, whose presence have changed the meta so that most teams are now valued by both their offensive and defensive capabilities, rather than just bursting power.These human teams are rough around the edges, but so was Arthur when she came out, and now Arthur's sitting pretty on some great new members as a fully realized team, so I hope I can say the same about them a few months down the line.
  • In fact in general, I think the game has shifted to a place where recovery is a very important aspect, stages tend to be longer and more tactical, whereas a few months ago I would have said healing was the least important thing about a team. But I might just have gone blind from trying to pass the transmigration too much.
  • Surprise Brides VR: the gag of the patch. I don't think either of them are gamebreaking, but I think now they're more solid and Water Bride in particular has gone from being the without a doubt least deserving of being a black card to actually being quite desirable. Not Atlantis, but please don't tell me you'd actually want to have to draw another card that's one-upping Atlantis after Atlantis one-upped Cornflower. That's just like, endless suffering. But anyway this opens all the black cards to sudden future VRs and that is frightening and also exciting.
  • Surprise no new black card. I guess the VRs fulfill the quota but this was pretty shocking to me.
  • JTTW Dragonware: Uh. It's okay. My Daji has really significantly higher damage in my Rose team now, and I do notice that it's easier to spin 3 rows.
  • Common sindhus are boring. I wish there was more to them, but they're just fluff to me right now.
  • Guild war: very bad, confusing as all hell. I don't wanna explain anything more than that haha.
  • Machina: I don't feel anything for them. Their racial buff is much weaker than I originally thought it would be. If they get their own leader, then maybe I'll rethink, but for now, I don't see myself using them beyond Lionel/Khaos.
I hope Primal PR isn't a letdown. Please MH. Undecided

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Heph and Yog in particular, no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
If i can get Yan and tsz sometime next cny or whatever everything is gucci.

+ if i can get grade 3 so i get experiment lionel fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

XD

Overall I'm happy with 15.0, although for selfish reasons. This was the version I pulled my first black card(Water Bride in gods and demons in only 4 draws!) followed by the jackpot TSZ. I only have one Greek, Hep, but I really like him a lot. He went from a card that I never used, nor thought of using, to something I'll use every now and then when I need a solid fire team.

Dragonware? Meh. I barely use the crafts and essences I have(due to being kind of dumb...).

The regular Sindhus will probably sit in my box for a long while, although they were easy to slvl thanks to the guild event.

Guild War was awful. I tried it once and just didn't see the point in it prize-wise or other.

Anyway, that's my kind of uneducated opinion, keep up the great work, Fauxy!

The evolved cyborg scholars could easily have been allowed a power alternation form like VR Greek/Norse but instead they require a completely new card. The divergent evolve paths from cyborg scholars to machina is a bad sign of things to come. This is how MH will encourage even old players to draw cards they've drawn before, likely decomposed and now need to draw again for a new evolve form.
Guild: [EN]ForumUnited1 - Guild 1076, all are welcome, no level or play requirements
(02-22-2018, 01:29 PM)Durumana Wrote: The evolved cyborg scholars could easily have been allowed a power alternation form like VR Greek/Norse but instead they require a completely new card.  The divergent evolve paths from cyborg scholars to machina is a bad sign of things to come. This is how MH will encourage even old players to draw cards they've drawn before, likely decomposed and now need to draw again for a new evolve form.

I think the divergent evolve path is actually a good thing. It's MH trying to find ways for players to make use of their dupes and I'm pretty sure many players try to save 1 or 2 dupes of each cards nowadays due to dragonware and using dupe to VR. And you can always play the Blackhole stage to de-evolve your card (cannot reverse power release though).

But, everybody have different opinion, so I can understand where you're coming from about encouraging old players to draw the card they've decomposed.
(02-22-2018, 01:47 PM)attanond Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 01:29 PM)Durumana Wrote: The evolved cyborg scholars could easily have been allowed a power alternation form like VR Greek/Norse but instead they require a completely new card.  The divergent evolve paths from cyborg scholars to machina is a bad sign of things to come. This is how MH will encourage even old players to draw cards they've drawn before, likely decomposed and now need to draw again for a new evolve form.

I think the divergent evolve path is actually a good thing. It's MH trying to find ways for players to make use of their dupes and I'm pretty sure many players try to save 1 or 2 dupes of each cards nowadays due to dragonware and using dupe to VR. And you can always play the Blackhole stage to de-evolve your card (cannot reverse power release though).

But, everybody have different opinion, so I can understand where you're coming from about encouraging old players to draw the card they've decomposed.

what the op is saying is that MH created the problem in the first place and now is requiring dupes that most of the old players decomposed.  MH also created a storage issue, one that costs them basically nothing but us hundreds of dimes and lost cards.  They used to give away free storage on sat/sun but nothing now since pumping new series every 6 weeks.  thats a reversal.

sure I can use login dimes but then u just login to expand storage.  you cant keep every card.

lastly we had no idea they were going to require this before rolling it out.  There should be a buyback that uses coins for loyal players that played all these years.  not the 150 ancient coins which is too much but rather plain gold that we never seem to use for anything anymore.
(02-22-2018, 06:54 PM)jtsmith Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 01:47 PM)attanond Wrote:

what the op is saying is that MH created the problem in the first place and now is requiring dupes that most of the old players decomposed.  MH also created a storage issue, one that costs them basically nothing but us hundreds of dimes and lost cards.  They used to give away free storage on sat/sun but nothing now since pumping new series every 6 weeks.  thats a reversal.

sure I can use login dimes but then u just login to expand storage.  you cant keep every card.

lastly we had no idea they were going to require this before rolling it out.  There should be a buyback that uses coins for loyal players that played all these years.  not the 150 ancient coins which is too much but rather plain gold that we never seem to use for anything anymore.

Yep that's why I said I understand where he's coming from about encouraging old players to draw since many of us decomposed our old dupes.

And yeah, it kinda feels sad that they don't give out free inventory/friendlist like before anymore.