Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebration Event 【The Sin of Gluttony】
I am particularly miffed about the 5 stamina for months.  RIP all the stamina I used before to complete all seals.  I even waited until half stamina for most stages.  5 stamina is multiples less than that and no restriction for a month. wtf?

MH would have been better off giving more free stamina and maybe half off each stage.  Now everyone still has no stamina.  I dont see the point of this.

(01-16-2018, 04:06 AM)jtsmith Wrote: I am particularly miffed about the 5 stamina for months.  RIP all the stamina I used before to complete all seals.  I even waited until half stamina for most stages.  5 stamina is multiples less than that and no restriction for a month. wtf?

MH would have been better off giving more free stamina and maybe half off each stage.  Now everyone still has no stamina.  I dont see the point of this.

I think they're trying to get everyone who can complete all the seals to do so and move on to the new area they made. Could just be me that feels that way. I don't think they are going to do anything new with the tower or the areas above (excluding adding more to the vortex) and because of that, they want everyone finished with the old stuff. Do they even offer bonuses in the vortex? Like reduced stamina or exp X2? I don't think so.

Or it could just be a gimmick ... 5th anniversary --> 5 stamina

No bonuses in the vortex

Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
(01-16-2018, 09:51 AM)aahlsy Wrote: Or it could just be a gimmick ... 5th anniversary --> 5 stamina

No bonuses in the vortex

I understand the gimmick, just like the slot machine, but I'm also one of the ones who completed most of the seals waiting for half stamina or by throwing diamonds to refill and stamina refills at stages to finish all the seals. Some I did with the double reduced stamina, but a lot of stamina and waiting was done anyways. I gave pause going through all the seals again because I don't remember all the mobs or boss skills, but then I just go in blind because it's only 5 stamina which takes 40 minutes to get back, unlike the older days when it took 10 minutes per stamina and those stages cost a hell of a lot more than 5.

Side note: I have a second account that I haven't done much with that I'm considering blasting through all the stages just because they are so cheap now.
I get where you guys are coming from, but there's really no point in lamenting over what's already been done, MH won't compensate you anyway. I spent more diamonds than I would've liked for refills to get Nyx to make my life easier for Khaos' debut. Would I have done so had I known this event would come so soon? Probably not. I'd be lying If I said that I had no regrets, but you just have to accept it and move on. I'd rather they extend the event to include SM stages as well but that's just wishful thinking, but hey, at least now we get to farm feeders and levels at a lower cost so that's a plus. Stages these days are already stressful enough as is, (*cough* Horror Within *cough*) no need to burden yourself with more by nitpicking.
PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
I don't really get this line of thinking. It's not quite sunk cost fallacy, but it's this weird similar thing, where people feel cheated even though the context in which a price depreciation happens is entirely different from the context in which they first purchased something.

You get the same thing everyone else gets, you get all stages reduced to 5 in this current period. Yes that's more beneficial for people who still need to complete those stages the first time and those who need to farm feeders from these stages, but so what? MH needs to do things for the players who have only started recently too, and we got a stamina reduction in the leadup to Khaos' SM if you'll all recall. If you had known this was going to happen, would you have decided to go months and maybe up to years without doing the stages? Would y'all have skipped Khaos SM entirely, and gone without him for the last, how many months that he's actually stayed in the meta? Older players, would you have decided to hoard all your evo mats for years spending dimes on inventory slots knowing that eventually there would be a materials inventory?

It's like, I've bought games on release on Steam where they usually have only 10-20% off for release. A year later, I'll see those same games 50% off or more. Do I regret it? No. Because I wanted to play it when it came out, not a year after, when something else has probably caught my eye. If I'm not interested enough that I can hold off that long, great, saves me some money. If I'm interested and buy on release and it turns out to be something I enjoy a lot, great, it's still something I wanted and appreciate having been able to experience in the moment it was most relevant.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
I think I should clarify that I wasn't complaining. I actually completed the stages long before Nyx came out. I've completed everything except the vortex and new/skipped stages in the Lost Relic. All black hole, all travelers memories, all LR Pass is done. I'm not saying this to talk about how far I've gotten or in a fish story, just saying that I did what I did because I wanted to regardless of the cost.
(01-15-2018, 11:24 PM)draconian Wrote: PSA: some of the relic stages  are at 5 stamina also for Elite battles.

This is just the Seven Six Deadly sins right? I kind of wish it was Wonderland as the sins are pretty useless cards to me. As far as the LR Pass goes that is the one which I would max at least one of each for 5 stamina but not for much more. It comes down to the fact that they are all useful in specfic situations but not really worth maxing at any point. The five stamina would make me max them all (and three March Hares to permanently enable unkillable tumbler). Hopfully it will come up also in the 5 year celebrations.
(01-16-2018, 03:25 PM)evilvoice Wrote: I think I should clarify that I wasn't complaining. I actually completed the stages long before Nyx came out. I've completed everything except the vortex and new/skipped stages in the Lost Relic. All black hole, all travelers memories, all LR Pass is done. I'm not saying this to talk about how far I've gotten or in a fish story, just saying that I did what I did because I wanted to regardless of the cost.

No need to clarify. For me at least, it was pretty clear that you were OK with the event. It is good to know though, that you think that even after having cleared all the stages. Just like Fauxy, I guess  Tongue

Myself, as a collector and having started little over a year ago, I didn't use previous half-stamina events to clear the 9th seal, both because I wanted to spend stamina on getting other cards and because neither my teams were strong enough nor my skills were good enough to beat those stages without spending many diamonds. Now, with this event, I can finally catch up to Khaos/Nyx even if I must repeat the stages an absurd amount of times to clear them.

That's why I don't understand why people complain about the event saying "it's not fair because I spent time and diamonds getting it done before". Well, honestly, congrats! You got to enjoy Khaos/Nyx for several months! You beated difficult stages that some of us are still struggling with! That being said, however, how are you so selfish to think of the event as unfair or whatever just because it doesn't benefit you in full? And yeah, that is kinda personal, JT, I'm starting to get fed up with your negativity.

Best,

Sym
I did not get nyx before I obtained khaos.  In fact, there was nothing stopping any1 from getting khaos by spending a few dimes on the boss.  I find a lot of ppl didnt think about this.  It cost me 7 dimes I think and was prob worth it since I dont have many good cards.

I did not have nyx because I dont have many good cards to clear seal 8 and 9.  I have even less stamina for clearing the multitude of seal8 stages that cost a lot of stamina at the time.  I slowly cleared seal8 on half stamina days only to find myself in a regalia issue (a madhead original btw).  I could not complete seal 8 last year before khaos sm.

Back to the 5 stamina thing, i still stand by my original statement.  5 stamina for all seal stages for almost 2 months is too much.  We have had half stamina for less time in the past; maybe a week or 2.  The long time lends itself for abuse.  Rather than giving such a reduction.  Free stamina refills would be more appropriate because all can use that not just ppl that havent cleared the seals.  Say 5 free stamina refills for the 5th anniversary given in enuf time before the sm.  I understand others may prefer free everything for months but i still dont think that is a good idea.  It's a sign of the times...

A better analogy would be if u paid full price or 10% off for a game and then a couple of months later its in the 99 cent bin for no reason.  A bit overboard dont u think?  Then after that go attack the person that paid full price?