Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biweekly cards which are worth to farm [16.0]
Information 
This topic was discussed quite recently in Discord, in the past Biweekly cards never were too relevant and tended to be nothing but garbage that never see the light outside of our inventory, yet that have changed drastically and we have been getting better series that do deserve attention.

Notes:
  • This thread is mostly to help F2P Summoners that are not willing to use diamonds in refills to farm one of this cards
  • You can use this as a tool to compare what events are more relevant and decide where else to use your resources and stmina
  • To get an idea of which cards to farm when they return in the future
  • I will not be mentioning Ultimate/Nightmare/Horror/Terror and Lost Relic cards in this thread, I'll be mentioning those in another thread, also for lost relic you can already find them at my Newbies and Returning players guide.
  • I am posting this in the meta forum instead of the main branch because the performance of this cards can vary with new content, balance patches, and the fact that new biweekly cards will be added later as well.
Diva of the Stars A.k.a. Astromaidens

[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] 
From this series you can skip WFE versions, they are painful and resource extensive to max, the only reason to get them is for the case where you want to use Giemsa in Fire and Earth teams and have her synchronize her attribute. They are also meant to be used as members for Giemsa team to work or to use their combine skill which turns the entire board into enchanted WFE.

Ligh and Dark in the other side which are from the original release have a total different approach because of their Fatal Call active skill. Xi can be used along with Hel in Artemis team for a way better skydrop and total removal of the needs of heart runestones, but you will need to have other 2 members that can ditch enough damage. Yan right now is only relevant in Apollo, but he doesn't have a way yet to make Light = Heart.

Pantheon of Babylon

During their release they were amazing since x2 boosters for every attribute were not really common, also the pool of Gods was not large enough. I would recommend to farm them only if you are missing boosters for a specific team or need more Gods in your team and don't have anything better. This guys could resurrect if MadHead decides to lower their cooldown to CD 6, but since they are 5 I doubt it will happen.

Beast Partners

I think this might the most questionable series in this thread because Agarita and Silver Bullet are plain bad and you can skip them. 
  • Seabean skill is actually decent if you are going for a grind team or add on top damage reduction to Atlantis, but the problem is that the skill comes too late at CD8 so it really needs to be lowered for current standards
  • Oni active skills cooldown has been lowered from 15 to 12 in this patch, he is now relevant for certain elf teams like Kurama or "God and Elf" Teams like Ophiuchus and Shiva which by default doesn't have access to tumbler skills
  • Jolly (A.k.a. Harambe) which is a card you won't see often but since she has access to team attack during the wave like Fylgja she has become popular for some Daoloth, Apollo, and Maya setups, specially Daoloth whose member pool already consists in a lot of F2P cards
Death Riders

Demons are quite popular as biweekly cards, even more than humans, I guess this one of the reasons why people tend to believe that demons ain't good. Also they lack a lot of strong utility since they are oriented in to damage, the Death Riders series brings a mix of survival and damage via conversion and boost with a fairly short cooldown
  • Baal, Belsiac and Cypriane: this three guys are conditional, the only scenario I can think where you want to leech is if you are facing an enemy which turns your recovery to zero. Be careful some players mention they work against overheal, but that is not possible since the enemy doesn't receive damage except for the attack generated by the recovery surplus (a.k.a. white numbers attack)
  • Rider Bishop is only popular and viable in 2 setups right now, which are juggernaut Jack and Yusuke, the team skill and his short cooldown of 6 makes him very good
  • Rider Knap actually quite good, can fit Hiei since she converts from water runes, the most relevant part from her active is that unlike the WFE cards from this series, she makes Dark = 50% heart for one round unlike the previous cards which have leech, this being said you can effectively use Rider Knap in Artemis or Namtar to deal with overheal shields, so she is a nice replacement for Hel if you don't have her or can't use her
Haunted Objects

Personally I think this series is a must have, a lot of players tend to believe this cards are not important and later regret too hard after they skip. 
  • The Flute and Umbrella are meant to Help Elizabeth and Jackie respectively with their low stats, please refer to their team skills. This cards are quite tricky with their conversion but they are meant to help maintain the stacks of the leader skills and just that. I guess Bell didn't receive one card like this since she has access to Samle and many bulky members.
  • Birdcage in the other hand is the chain breaker/unlock card for WFE humans and Earth mono, her stats are high and her active works just like Brynhildr without the boosting component
  • Camera was popular for a while to clear Enchanted Quintet shields or to clear masked boards in one turn with Arthur and other Human setups, her cooldown could be 6 like Hastur but it is 8 because of the boosting component.
  • Doll this one is risky and questionable, loosing part of your current health in favour of a 1.5x buff sounds quite painful, but not as much as Papaver, the main difference is that Papaver can be turned off whenever while Doll can be removed only by receiving a hit just like Tuchigumo and Madame Chyan. I think she could be a decent filler for Hiei and Kurama or any dark mono team that can heal with cushion effect like Artemis
Urban Legends

This series was created to bring some soft utility that is often overlooked because it is very specific and conditional, and for current standard some of this cards deserve to be lowered from CD8 to CD6. They are probably one of the last I would recommend to farm from all the cards presented in this thread, but still they deserve to be mentioned.
  • Midnight Blue Infant was originally released around the end of Diablo viability, but I see him viable now as a member for Cornflower so you can use him to bring up the damage bonus from leader skill and heal back from the tumbler, I really want to see him lowered and changed to CD 6 and have him so his cooldown doesn't drop while the effect is in play
  • Braided Maiden is one of the best of this series because CD6 for 1.5x is standard and are fair for her already high stats and additional effect, which is meant to be used for scenarios where the enemy doesn't allow you to use full attack from the first batch or you are facing an enemy with multiple body parts like Khaos in the 9th seal
  • Mothman was designed to bring some DPS for Bloodthirsty Alternation team, but since Barbara team is long gone because of the power creep, the closest team you could play him in would be in 7 Haza, yet Haza can already perform better with some other members
  • Killer Bunny cards that doesn't grant the boost in the round they are played are very conditional, but this is Jack's bunny doll, so yes, he belongs to the juggernaut Jack team.
  • Clow Statue This guy is very conditional, the best scenario to use him would be when facing mob waves with same cooldown, the only problem is that the active skill has a really long cooldown and for most scenarios you are better using Isabel instead.
The Transformed Maidens

This cards are a must have, otherwise is likely that you will be solving hit count shields with cards like Giemsa or slotting 4 witches to do their job and honestly that will hinder you team performance by a lot. If you are still not convinced go back and check stages like Smilodon Horror stage or The Endless Inheritance where having this for the dark paladin stage was crucial. McKandy and Sondra are also popular because you can pair them with Ye Shiao Chai and Yi Ye Shu for absurd amount of multi hit damage.

Mach-Forces

The first Machina series was quite a disappointment since they are pretty specific on what they do as snipers, you should be using them only in Egyptian God teams (see Defend the Spiritual Civilization designated teams for reference) or in specific short round stages where the enemy health is lower than the snipe damage. This being said, they are not bad, is good to have 1 or 2 around because you never know when MadHead decides to bring snipe oriented stages again.

[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] Wonderland Trespassers
Do you like meme effects and fun teams? I am sure I have posted a lot about them before so yeah, the Poker trio is without a doubt something fun to play if you have either Lancelot or Xiahou Dun for leaders. You also will need one of this guys to be a dupe member so preferably running 2 Ogiers, this way you can play the effect of the three cards every round without waiting!, building their team is all about damage so you won't have any utility left. Also be sure to read their team skill, they get massive attack bonus by having the three of them. Alternatively, you can play something like Leader and Adjutant Ogier with Judith and Paxton as members and include other 2 utility cards for fun.

[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] Hermits
Starting from the release of this series, biweekly cards started to include some cheap cards that go well with current or previous jackpot and rare cards, this being said I can consider this three cards are quite good.
  • Musashi is meant for Nobunaga, and just like Nohime they are meant to be cheap members to have a solid base, yet we all know that Nobunaga has access to really stronger and more premium members (think of Rococo and Medea) that can overshadow Musashi easily, yet if you don't have other fire humans to slot I would recommend to not miss this guy since his 2 rounds effect is really strong at CD9 2.25x
  • Kojiro brings some control and utility to WFE humans and mainly Hideyoshi, yet as most control cards you need to stall for his long cooldown. I think he is worth to get for teams that are not able to use Medusa, Poppy, Isabel, Iquitos or Urd.
  • Hattori: this is the best card out of the three, he was meant to be used in Arthur, yet as of version 16.0 the pool of Light Human leader has grown too much and we now have Faraday, Kurapika and Sensui, all of them can be cool on their own and can give some good use to Hattori team skill.
[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] Evil Star Prayers
The amount of tools this series have is quite assorted when compared to other biweekly series that consist of only 3 cards.
  • Hydra is quite meh, he was released during a period when "Water Elf" didn't have a clear direction yet, so I would only recommend to get him if you happen to have Cornflower and nothing else to slot.
  • Crater is really strong!, I would have prefered to get this guy in the diamond seal instead of the stupid doggos from Starburst Pulses, anyway, he is really good for Arthur team because by using his active you will be removing 2 types of runestones out of your skydrop, so the skydrop combo count will increase greatly, this is also very good news for Faraday who also benefits a lot from light human runes and skydrop.
  • Corvus personally I think she fits pretty well in Aether because of her effect of making dark = all. She is also another alternative replacement for Hel and is better than Rider Knap because the heart effect is 100% while Rider Knap is just 50% so more overheal for Artemis!.
[Image: 50] Deadly Mochi Bunny 
A.k.a. Bro Bunny is the only card available for the Fantastic Tales series, he is key and core for Lynx team, so if you happen to have her don't miss this guy the next time he returns since his effect synergies perfectly with her. I also don't know if MadHead is planning to add more cards to this series.

[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] The Enchanted Painting
On a personal note I was not able to advert how good this series was upon their release and right now I'm regretting heavily on not farming their stages.
  • Wu Ming if you come to think of it, water mono doesn't have a continuous self-boosting member like Lancelot or 7 Yog Sothoth, the only complaint I have is his cooldown, but it is somewhat fair since the condition is easy maintain for most water leaders.
  • Chun Xiang this is obviously the best card of this series and I highly recommend to get her, you will save a lot of headache when clearing Giemsa nightmare stage or Frigg during A Long Dream in Void of the Realm. Yet, she is super situational, you won't be using her often since she can only be triggered when frozen runestones are present.
  • Gao Yao this doggo is a fast converter since you can reduce his cooldown to CD2, so yes, he can help Lynx team or some other Dark mono teams.
[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] The Survivor of Oroz
This is probably the best Biweekly series we have ever got, no card have been a lackluster so far, and I like the fact that they are somehow tied directly to the main story.
  • Sonata kinda disappointed me because I was expecting a lower cooldown, currently I think it is meant to be paired with Shiva, but he could also do wonders in Cornflower, I think it is worth to farm.
  • Delta is REALLY good, we haven't seen a biweekly card being this good probably since Birdcage or Xi?, her pony trick with Epsilon allow us to convert the entire board in to 3 columns of heart and 3 columns of fire, then we can move the entire board in to perfect 10 combos, and with her absorbed base attack the damage output is huge, she does quite well in Pompeii but does a lot better in Turing. I wish we can get more machina cards good as this one.
  • Lambda quite amazing yet it mostly fits Turing more than any other leader, if you have Turing you should really go for this card.
  • Valencia at first I believed this card was underwhelming, but it is not, the translation to the English version is bad, since this card is actually meant to apply the effect to all the beast members in the team which basically turns the entire team in to machina with all those extra attacks. Go for it if you have Lynx, other beast leaders can make use of him but not as much.
  • Ziz: Right now I think is usable in the current pool of beast leaders which is not so good, but I do expect that we get something good soon to make the best out of Ziz and Valencia, both are amazing cards but really need an alternative leader to just Lynx, Haza and Suzuko. So yeah, this one is good as well, it is just that lacks a proper leader.

[Image: TEEZsrH.png]

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
Thanks Oriceles for putting this together! It's a great starting point. My only suggestion would be to make it a bit clearer as to which ones are definite farm, and which ones can be skipped. e.g. from reading through (and my own feelings) I would say:

Astromaidens: Must farm LD, Nice to have WFE
Pantheon of Babylon: Skip all
Beast Partners: Must farm L, Nice to have E, Skip WFD
Death Riders: Must farm LD, Nice to have WFE
Haunted Objects: Must farm EL, Nice to have WF, skip D
Urban Legends: Must have F, Nice to have WD, Skip EL
Transformed Maidens: Must have all
Mach Forces: Must have all
Wonderland Trespassers: Skip all
Hermits: Nice to have all
Evil Star Prayers: Must have D, Nice to have WL
Deadly Mochi Bunny: Nice to have
Enchanted Painting: Must have Chun Xiang, nice to have the other 2
Survivor of Oroz: Delta is a must have

Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
(08-19-2018, 09:20 AM)Oriceles Wrote: [Image: 50] The Survivor of Oroz
As of right now only Delta is available, she is REALLY good, we haven't seen a biweekly card being this good probably since Birdcage or Xi?, her pony trick with Epsilon allow us to convert the entire board in to 3 columns of heart and 3 columns of fire, then we can move the entire board in to perfect 10 combos, and with her absorbed base attack the damage output is huge, she does quite well in Pompeii but does a lot better in Turing. I wish we can get more machina cards good as this one.

is there a picture anywhere showing the path to make the 10 combos?

(09-03-2018, 03:12 AM)caius76 Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 09:20 AM)Oriceles Wrote: [Image: 50] The Survivor of Oroz
As of right now only Delta is available, she is REALLY good, we haven't seen a biweekly card being this good probably since Birdcage or Xi?, her pony trick with Epsilon allow us to convert the entire board in to 3 columns of heart and 3 columns of fire, then we can move the entire board in to perfect 10 combos, and with her absorbed base attack the damage output is huge, she does quite well in Pompeii but does a lot better in Turing. I wish we can get more machina cards good as this one.

is there a picture anywhere showing the path to make the 10 combos?

Sorry for the huge link but this is the simulator version, best way to see it:

https://kananats.github.io/TOSwebsite/canvas.html?info=N4IgDghgdgpgNiAXCAZgGnZjaAWv955bEGlHYmFkhogBOA9gK4AuMSIADGgMyIBsAJn4AOfkICcAFjEiZUwVIUzRNetAAmDALZIAjAFYe-ToM5SDhvVNqwA7gBFGYJCghwAzjFobnAWQYNdkRuEAYwFgBLBih3DjU2CF1kADkAeRSAUTR0rLUwHGgWHSQoJjg4Wg8cBjsAJRgAYwY6DVd3LwBfIA
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.