Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Elf Nuke/sniper?
Thumbs Down 
I am trying to beat "The Gargantuan shadow - Horror stage" using an all-elf team just to see if it is possible. I am pretty confident it is. My issue is wave 1, which has20k death bomb, which is just too much for elf to handle. My team is:  

Underworld Rebel Lucy (Leader and ally - I need the damage mitigation over Rose's damage as I have to stall a bit in the middle, and this can take every attack I need it to)   

Clowstatue (needed for Melog)   
Daji (for burst)   
Long-eared fiend (crap but I need the conversion for Heart Block Taoist and don't have VR sarumon)   

That leaves me needing a nuke (for the stealth wave too). I have tried Marchaosis but can't seem to get the enemy below 50k HP without blowing it up (I only really have clown's buff to get rid of). I don't know if I have any better option or if I should just keep trying until I get lucky with the 50k HP. If anyone knows of a good Elf nuke I'd appreciate a recommendation!

And I get that this isn't the best team for this fight, but I theorycrafted a possible victory and want to see this thing through.

If you're only looking to clear, could you use dc for snipe and stall back on the minion shield?

Also Felinegato's excellent spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ecb1ldyQmfQ6tbUSH7CSuakJ6MdbSTDpcaN_lz_7bzQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
(06-12-2019, 11:56 AM)aahlsy Wrote: If you're only looking to clear, could you use dc for snipe and stall back on the minion shield?

Also Felinegato's excellent spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ecb1ldyQmfQ6tbUSH7CSuakJ6MdbSTDpcaN_lz_7bzQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Does DC not trigger the death bomb? To DC I have to launch an attack IIRC, and that's the problem for me - It is really hard to use the health bar to estimate when they're down to such low life and I keep killing by accident, or I use a nuke and they still stand. I figure the damage multiplier on DC could cause the hit to kill it. Maybe I've got this wrong - either way ty so much for the reply!  

(06-12-2019, 01:22 PM)TOS_Noob Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 11:56 AM)aahlsy Wrote: If you're only looking to clear, could you use dc for snipe and stall back on the minion shield?

Does DC not trigger the death bomb? To DC I have to launch an attack IIRC, and that's the problem for me - It is really hard to use the health bar to estimate when they're down to such low life and I keep killing by accident, or I use a nuke and they still stand. I figure the damage multiplier on DC could cause the hit to kill it. Maybe I've got this wrong - either way ty so much for the reply!  

You just need to make combos, not attack. You can make one non-attack rune combo and hit DC. 

Chaser attacks like Yidhra or Magrence also count as "active skills", if I recall. If you can activate Yidhra and hit around half of remaining health so that it's killed by the chaser attack, Yidhra should work on the death bomb.
ID: 40 944 239  
Allies (All/Dbl Max): Darkness, Aqua, Kurama
Other Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): Lucy, Mellow, VR Greek (FELDW), Hiei, Azathoth, Daoloth, PR Haza, etc.
(06-12-2019, 01:43 PM)agnesi Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 01:22 PM)TOS_Noob Wrote:

You just need to make combos, not attack. You can make one non-attack rune combo and hit DC. 

Chaser attacks like Yidhra or Magrence also count as "active skills", if I recall. If you can activate Yidhra and hit around half of remaining health so that it's killed by the chaser attack, Yidhra should work on the death bomb.

I completely forgot about Yidhra. That should do the job much more reliably...thanks!!!
A couple of other thoughts:
1) Would a damage reduction / tumbler DC save you from the explosion? Not sure, haven't tested it
2) I'm not really clear on why you can't use Rose. Is it because you're trying to stall active skills for stage 3? Potentially you're better off using Rose and bursting through stage 3 with the elf converter + DC. Everything else looks like you can grind through with tumbler.
Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi