Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis teambuilding
So I've been experimenting with this bad boy. After I pulled Wen Zhong, initially, like many others, I thought he'd be a staple in an Atlantis team due to the % based healing based on the number of water runes dissolved, but after awhile i'm having second thoughts.

Currently using Atlantis - Cass - AR Pisces - Florice - booster (Hercules right now) and the sheer number of water runes on the screen each turn due to AR Pisces' auto convert and Atlantis' increased drop rate is making it troublesome to separate runes in order to make 6+ combos to get the full leader effect. If i slot in Wen Zhong as well I can't even begin to imagine the number of runes onscreen.

The team atk * 1.8 for making even combos is very apparent, i tried making 3 and 4 combos with one set of water runes dissolved and the damage is worlds apart, as it should be. So I'd like some opinions on how you guys build a team around Atlantis.

Cheers!

Main Ally: Atlantis
Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Looking for: More friends!! Will accept anyone with the above cards
ID: 21218485
LOL I said this exact same thing in the teaser thread, that the main problem will be having so much water that combos will be difficult. I don't have any real place in this thread, I haven't and will probably never manage to draw Atlantis, or if I do, it'll be like years down the line.

It's *3.24 for the even combos, so its the difference between 25x and 81x.

Maybe since the drop rate + Wen Zhong handles the possibility of rune drought, rather than converters you can put fast cards that do other things instead? Just for a little bonus and to reduce Atlantis's CD. I think Kaerf suggested Gretchen and Oichi both of whom have 1CD skills.

UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
You see, your mistake is to use WZ alongside fast converters, the idea is to pair WZ+Cass with Oichi and a cd1 sniper (ideally Whale Monstro). As you have seen you have more than enough heart runes since Atlantis+WZ= 40% water runes all the time (Atlantis takes water to 25%, then the 75% missing is divided in the other 4 attributes+heart evenly to a rate of 15% each, thus 25+15= 40% water runes)... The two cd 1 cards have the single job of accelerating Atlantis active, after a while you should have each turn= 1 oichi active+ 1 sniper active + atlantis active + the actual turn= 4x... have fun with that Smile

edit:hahahaha Fauxy got he gist of it Big Grin i just gave the long explanation of what was the mistake with WZ...
In any case the "optimal premium" team seems to be the shuta+3x hercules one since that one gives you a permanent "every attributive rune counts as water" while giving your maxx acceleration and being immune to cd resets, the WZ+Cass could produce more damage on certain situations, but both are pretty sweet in theory Smile
If i get Atlantis this wednesday i will do 1 PR Daesung, 1 Swegde, and 1 PR Icetoragon with PR Cassandra test drive and afterwards i will test the WZ+Cass with 2x cd1 fillers Smile

VR: Loki, Thor, Tyr, Elizabeth, Todd, Jack, Jackie.
PR: Greeks, SDoji, Dodo, Aloha, Ra, Sirius, YJ, Saruman, Barbhogg, Inana.
Rares: Chessia, Abraham, Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Izanagi, Tsuku, M.Chyang, Nobu, Hide, Lynx, Androm, HFD, RH:LYR, YSS, YSC, LuBu.
YogS, Aether, Erebus, Gaia, Luno, Beelz, Samael, P.Sara, Sera, Shuta, Bael, SQuan, QiaoS, Masam, Draco.
Thanks for all input thus far. Yeah i probably should train my other water cards for more flexibility, just that i haven't really touched on water for such a long time except for VR'ing Elizabeth and farming the demon biweekly. That being said i can't seem to let go of Pisces though. I have all the feeders prepared for Wen Zhong so he's ready to go as soon as he's leveled.

Edit: Looking back i actually have a few water cards during the KoF patch trained up, maybe they'll come in handy as situational picks

Weird thing is i actually don't have oichi, maybe i decomposed her out of sheer frustration while drawing that seal lol.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Don't worry about Oichi, i haven't drawn yet but i tested Abraham:Atlantis, and noticed that you cannot use her active once your HP is maxed (easy in dual Atlantis) so the best would be then Whale Monstrox2 or Whale Monstro+Pisces as a cd1/2 combo
Rares: Chessia, Abraham, Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Izanagi, Tsuku, M.Chyang, Nobu, Hide, Lynx, Androm, HFD, RH:LYR, YSS, YSC, LuBu.
YogS, Aether, Erebus, Gaia, Luno, Beelz, Samael, P.Sara, Sera, Shuta, Bael, SQuan, QiaoS, Masam, Draco.
Just curious, when would the Whale Monstoro events come back?
[Image: 9559536_1890322266.png]
(11-21-2017, 06:02 PM)fathead Wrote: Just curious, when would the Whale Monstoro events come back?

Whale monstro, and all the cyborg companions can actually be farmed at fort stirling in the traveler's memory stage. Their corresponding extra stages have a chance to drop them, although it's not 100%

it isn't so bad tho since you need the one or twice drop and afterwards you just feed him the snipers Smile
Question- Do dual AR Pisces work together? Meaning do I get 6 runes turned to start & 2/round thereafter?
I'm running the CD4 human SM card with water enchant & time tunnel, water keeper, Cass & AR Pisces. Putting a premium on the time tunnel effects as that's where the damage really spikes, 6 on initial is no gimme. Might go for a 2nd Pisces if they can run concurrent.
Let me know what you think?
Thanks, Jinxy
(11-22-2017, 03:40 PM)Jinxy Wrote: Question- Do dual AR Pisces work together? Meaning do I get 6 runes turned to start & 2/round thereafter?
I'm running the CD4 human SM card with water enchant & time tunnel, water keeper, Cass & AR Pisces. Putting a premium on the time tunnel effects as that's where the damage really spikes, 6 on initial is no gimme. Might go for a 2nd Pisces if they can run concurrent.
Let me know what you think?
Thanks, Jinxy

Yes, dual AR Pisces stacks. I'm thinking of the exact same thing in wanting to train another Pisces because the stats are just so tempting, but the harpies needed on the other hand...