Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis for Dummies
Information 
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction
2. Background
3. Mechanics and Theory
4. Core Members
5. Team Building options
6. Recommended Dragonary Crafts

Introduction
Welcome Summoners to this Atlantis team building thread. I've been playing Atlantis since he was released, I was lucky enough to get him with only 10 diamonds and since then he was my main leader until recently where he started to decline because of the huge damage inflation and many stages that require some tools that he doesn't have access to.

Over Discord people call me the "Atlantis abuser" because I cleared most of the content from Void of the Realm by using many different teams with him. I can say that Atlantis is one of the most flexible leaders in the game and by the time I write this guide he is still on tier S and have been in there for longer than any other leader. I also consider that since he is so strong he is quite simply to build, yet to get the most out of him you will be looking to have some specific cards that can allow you to clear many stages with ease.

Background
By the time Atlantis was released Water mono was in a big predicament because there was no good water leader available in the game. Abraham which was released in late 2016 had a weird mix of mechanics and didn't meet the expectations because he needed constant conversion and his cooldown was way too high for what he was offering. Later Priestess Xi was completely ignored by many because her multiplier was a bit low and her mechanics are basically the opposite to Cassandra which is the only Water member with a continuous boosting effect other than Huan Hsiao which is also really rare to see and risky to use, then Su Huan Jen followed up, but he had almost the same problems as Priestess Xi and the damage was mainly focused around leader and ally. 

Players started to complain because other attributes were so much better to play, mainly because the dominance of Izanagi, Lu Bu, Tan Sanzang and Nobunaga at that time. Madhead promised to release better Water cards in the following patches and then Cornflower was announced, but the thing with him is that he is mainly designed to be played with Elfs, and Water Elfs builds were incomplete at that time and they are still lacking today with a very short pool of members, shortly after, Madhead finally came up with Atlantis, a super dominant leader that stomped the meta very hard and with a really nice set of tools that instantly turned him in to the best leader in the game, being able to clear Qi Tian Di Nightmare stage with ease when compared to all other previous leaders.

[Image: nWNY7gs.jpg]
The Messiah of Water mono finally announced.
Mechanics and Theory
Team Skills:
  1. Drop rate of Water Runestones increases to 25%.
  2. Extend Runestone-moving time by 2 seconds.
  3. Every time a Member activates its Skill, Active Skill CD(s) of "Fountain of Wisdom - Atlantis" -1 (except the one activating its Skill).

For team skill 1 and 2 this applies when Atlantis is leader and Ally. The increased drop rate helps a lot and alleviates the need of conversion, yet don't rely solely on this, be sure to have a short CD converter or bring Wen Zhong. Extended Runestone-moving time doesn't work regardlessly, which means this can be affected by enemy skills, yet in normal scenarios this 2 seconds are meant to help you dissolve 6 combos for the leader skill mechanics. The 3rd skill actually applies anywhere, this means you can bring your Atlantis as member for any other team and this skill will work, which is nice for certain builds that resolve around CD1 cards like Shyplant or Boilerman.

Leader Skill
Deep Notion of the Ocean: When the Team consists of only Water Monsters, Team Attack x 5; recover 1.2% of total HP for each Water Runestone dissolved (affected by Combo bonus); if Combos of odd numbers are made, Damage received -30%; if Combos of even numbers are made, Team Attack x 1.8 additionally; if 6 or more Combos are made, both of the above effects will be triggered (only the first batch of Runestones dissolved will be counted).

This skill have three important components which are healing without heart runestones, the damage reduction and the additional damage. Basically if you don't dissolve 6 combo you will have to choose between spinning 1, 3, or 5 combos for damage reduction or 2 or 4 for the boosted damage. Getting the damage reduction for 1 combo is really good when you need to stall, and since most players tend to spin a basic of 4 combos the boost is right in there, with 2 more seconds you should be able to spin 6 combos without much problem. Since you can heal without heart runestones you shouldn't be afraid of lacking hearts, in fact Atlantis is designed to use Wen Zhong and Cassandra together in the same team which for any other leader would mean "steam roll or die because you can't heal".

Active Skill 
Billows of Freedom: Unlimited movement of Runestones without dissolving in 15 seconds. If all present Water Runestones are dissolved, Water Attack x 1.8 (only the first batch of Runestones dissolved will be counted).

Do you remember Daji?, well she used to be the most desired card in the game years ago because famous the time tunnel, this skill was perfect along with her leader skill which boosted your damage based on the amount of combos dissolved. "Time Tunnel" skills like Billows of Freedom of Atlantis are limited to very few cards, and they are so strong because they allow you to set the board freely during 15 to 20 seconds and boost your damage on top of that, yet nothing compares to Atlantis now because his active skill cooldown is decreased by using or abusing his team skill #3, this being said, it is recommended that you also bring short cooldown members to his team in order to accelerate Atlantis cooldown.

Core Members
[Image: 65] Wen Zhong the Sagacious Welkinite: To talk about him first we need to talk about the "Fatal Call" active skill family and understand why this exists in the game, you will need to cancel the droprate of heart runestones if:

1. The enemy makes it so heart runestones can't be dissolved, so using this skill beforehand will prevent your board being clogged with runestones that you can't dissolve.
   2. The enemy dissolves heart runestones at the beginning of every round. Increases his attack, and reduce his damage received by set % per heart runestone dissolved.
   3. Your leader can heal by dissolving Water Runestones, either by a set % by Water Runestones dissolved (Atlantis) or because Water Runestones possess the effect of Heart Runestones (Priestess Xi).

The technical scenarios are 1 and 2, the team building scenario that applies to our interest is the 3rd, since Atlantis can heal without Heart Runestones, you really don't care about they not being present on the board unless you meet an enemy which needs Heart Runestones to be dissolved which is not a common problem (you can use Aforgomon for that). Heart Runestones will be replaced with Water Runestones instead and you will get an inundation in your board every round because of this skill along with Atlantis team skill #1 and Wen Zhong amelioration 4.

Another late improvement which made Wen Zhong even better is his Awakening Recall which decreases his cooldown really quick and allows you to toggle off if needed to get more cooldown reduction from Atlantis team skill #3.

[Image: 65] Lamentable Clairvoyant - Cassandra: Probably more important than Wen Zhong, she is one of the most popular damage boosters in the game and is often known as "Troy" because when you get he 5* version from diamond seal she comes as "Princess of Troy". New players tend to be scared of a card that won't allow them to heal, so yes Cassandra outside of Atlantis tends to be a risky choice if you don't know what you are doing. 

Her mechanics are simple to understand, convert the recovery stat that you are not going to use (because Wen Zhong is cancelling heart runestones droprate) and turn it in to attack, moder Water cards tend to have around 450~600 recovery stat, so this translate in to an average bonus of 1575~2100 base attack bonus, so for a standard team Cassandra gets a total of 3326 attack, Atlantis 3789 attack, Wen Zhong 3545 attack and Swegde 3640 attack that is 14300 attack and I am not counting the ally Atlantis and another 4th member, which should leader to a total average of 21k base attack. Pair this super high base damage with Atlantis bonuses and you will get a constant high damage output.

[Image: 65] Emblem of Triumph - Swegde: Most seasoned players will consider Swegde rather optional and not as important as Cassandra or Wen Zhong for Atlantis, yet she tends to be a really popular pick because her cooldown is quite low which is great for Atlantis team skill #3 and provides Enchanted Water Runestones.

The relevance comes from the fact that in most cases by maximizing Atlantis combo count it is unlikely that you will dissolve a group of 5 Runestones to generate Enchanted Runestones. A lot of common enemies tend to have Enchanted Shield which can slow you down on leaderboards, but Swegde alleviates this problem. Also you can face the scenario of facing an enemy with Mirror Shield (those that reflect % of their attack if you hit with non-enchanted Runestones) and by trying to get the Enchanted Runestones via a connected skydrop you actually get wrecked, this tend to happen a lot in PVE scenarios like Coliseum and Joint Operation.

[Image: 65] God of Mercy - Tefnut: She is more of a technical choice and not exactly core, yet lately she is used so frequently that is almost as if you couldn't go wrong on picking her as team member. Her active allows to explode all Non-Water Runestones, so this helps against Electrified, Masked and Weathered, on top of that she will deal damage to the enemy based on the amount of Runestones dissolved, this also helps against stealth enemies, so yes Tefnut dissolve skill helps against A LOT of problems. In other perks comes the fact that her HP is quite high and you can even make a Dragonware for her so the usual lack of HP of bringing 3 Humans will not hurt so much if you bring her as member.

Team Building Options

I could expand this part with all the utility water member cards in existence but I won't do that right now, please move to the team building forums or Discord #build-discussion if you need more details on how to pass a specific stage by using Atlantis. In this section you will only find cards that are relevant to use along with Atlantis mechanics as alternative for standard builds.

[Image: 65][Image: 65] Florice: He kit is amazing and fits Atlantis pretty well, short CD conversion which this priority Heart > Fire, once her switch is used she will actually apply -2 on Atlantis and -1 in the rest of the members so if she is well timed you can actually save a lot of trouble. Keep in mind that if you use the Purifying Staff skill she will remove Cassandra and Wen Zhong active skills and you will have to toggle them again in order to have their effects in play, be sure that their cooldown is ready by the time you use this skill, the burst portion of that active can deal hundred of millions of damage if played right.

[Image: 65] Six-armed Boilerman: Sadly not all players will have this card as this was a login reward given during version 16.0 and I'm not sure if it is ever returning in some other way. Boilerman is probably the fastest and most effective card you can use for cooldown reduction, sadly he is not really impactful unless you are playing another Water Machina in the team.

[Image: 65] Pisces of Empathy - Cateua & Ravniss: this twins are meant to help leaders that can't generate their own Water Runestones or need them on demand. In Atlantis case they are mostly played for cooldown reduction, Swegde is a much better converter even if her cooldown is 1 round slower. Pisces stats are also bigger than Swegde because of God race and Awakening recall bonus, yet it will really depend on you to decide if stats matter more than utility conversion in the stage you are going to fight.

[Image: 65] Reflection of Astro Glow - Pupuro: There are some scenarios where Florice Purifying Staff won't be enough or you simply can't afford to toggle Wen Zhong and Cassandra because of some Neutralize/Reset, whatever is the case if you ever need to overkill something this should be your choice. Pupuro base attack looks pale at just 1304 but if you add Cassandra active skill in the mix Pupuro will have a whooping 4706 base attack, along with her x20 self-attack... I really doubt there is something that can survive.

[Image: 65] Balance of Worldly Order - Giemsa: Super conditional and not a common choice at all yet there are 5 reasons to use Giemsa as member:
1. The scenario doesn't allow to dissolve Water/Fire/Earth Runestones in the first batch and will punish you if you do it, so you either stack Runestones (the hard way) or filter until you can use Gravity Force comes to solves this.
2. The enemy lowers the effect of Water attacks but receives normal damage from other types of attacks, this kind of shield can be solved with Strike of Void, the extra attacks should do about the right amount to kill the enemy in most cases.
3. Hit count shield, enemy only receives damage after 20 attacks (be it direct damage or attacks launched), this can be fatal, specially if the enemy has reflect shield or some other gimmick, in this case the extra attacks from Strike of Void should get rid of this shield in 1 round.
4. Your team lacks stats, Giemsa have 4010 HP so if you are using demon or human members for some reason she could help to bump the total HP.
5. You need to overkill, yes, pair Strike of Void with either Purifying Staff or Bellow of Billows.

[Image: 65] Idiotic Goddess - Aqua: She is more utility in a single slot, if you only need Florice for the stat removal you could easily change it for Aqua Sacred Break Spell. Also God Blow could help to burst and overcome combo shields without the need of using Atlantis active skill, so in general I think she is really nice as member as well.

Recommended Dragonary Crafts
In most cases you will want to slot utility that you can't get from members, or emergency triggers like high damage reduction or 100% HP recovery. The next crafts are obtained via Trade Fortress, Gift Packs or Achievements, some of them might return or not in the future, yet I will link those that I think are worthy and could serve as Forge reference.

[Image: 65] Spiral Pique Chain: I think this is the most common craft used for Atlantis in the EN server at least. You might be wondering why Atlantis would struggle with Puzzle shield in the first place?, well there are enemies that require large amount of Enchanted Runestones of a specific type to be dissolved in their frame and that kind of annoyance can be cleared with this one. Other perk is the conversion which allows you to have a board with a lot of Water Runestones next round which can come in handy if you are using the craft against the boss first health bar.

[Image: 65] Aggressive Vicious Chain: As you can see is rare that Atlantis build around God members, yet the Chain of Shattering mini game is quite easy, so landing high score this for damage shouldn't be a problem, pair that with the effects 2 and 3 and it is the equivalent of an extra 1.7x boost, go for this craft only if you want damage and enchant the board.

[Image: 65] Spiral Disarming Amulet: -80% enemy defense reduction is nice, also one of the few Amulet of Reflection craft I know for Atlantis. This type of craft is mostly used to filter the type of Runestones you will have after dissolving.

[Image: 65] Spiral Bloodlust Opal: This one is quite good, specially against Earth enemies, and just like the previous one, -80 enemy defense reduction.

[Image: 65] Successive Suspire Opal aka Life Saver Craft: 50% healing + a lot of Heart Runestones next round, this should be a safe craft for PVE scenarios like Coliseum or Joint Operation where you can actually encounter enemies that deplete set % of their health by dissolving heart runestones.

[Image: 65] Agressive Pique Seal aka Khaos Craft: This one makes a MASSIVE difference and can set your clear apart from others, it is the only dragonary craft in the game able to delay any enemy 2 rounds, those that come from forge tend to be for enemies of specific attribute and just 1 round.

[Image: qAerqA7.png]
Wall of donors
Tenmaru, Santa, Lilacse, Clueless, Thanyu, Furu, Dukevoid, Daddy, Nodius, Gilgamesh and k_sum!. 
Thank you guys so much for helping me and encouraging me to continue posting more content for this game and community!.

If you want me to write another guide for other leaders please let me know over here or Discord.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
Video 
Thank you for all your work posting strategies for the game, your posts are always super helpful. What I could really use right now is a meta discussion thread for aqua, I feel like I’m not getting all the nuances...

(10-21-2018, 10:06 AM)caius76 Wrote: Thank you for all your work posting strategies for the game, your posts are always super helpful.  What I could really use right now is a meta discussion thread for aqua, I feel like I’m not getting all the nuances...

I tried to cover a bit for her in the meta analysis thread, I will keep this in mind and try to bring another one for her soon in that case.

I would also consider Yihdra in an Atlantis team. She has the highest recovery of all water cards, and with Cass on has the highest attack.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Don't forget :

Aloha, he is great !
- extend runestone time (+9s) for boss with 2s
- full enchanted runes for enchanted rainbow shield
- Great with 4 Amelioration !

Monstro
- just for CD1
PS : back in old day, I was using with
(10-25-2018, 11:13 PM)kayoo Wrote: Don't forget :

Aloha, he is great !
- extend runestone time (+9s) for boss with 2s
- full enchanted runes for enchanted rainbow shield
- Great with 4 Amelioration  !

Monstro
- just for CD1
PS : back in old day, I was using with

Ow Yeah, Gretchen+Monstro is another nice burst addition I should add, specially for those missing of this cards.

Aloha is good for water mono in general not just in Atlantis, reason why I didn't mention him specifically Tongue  .

An interesting card u dont mention is varuna. Immediately avaliable vauna could help. Since atlantis is a god and thus can run mono god, this guy might be useful since atlantis does not have a attack rune besides water which contributes to low dmg output versus yusuke, shiva or aqua. Before u go all crazy on me, all those leaders can run mono race.

By oct10 about 1 year from release atlantis is essentially retired though. The sudden burst of the above mentioned cards plus the immense power of prologues has just about shelved atlantis. I believe this is due to wz cass being somewhat clunky and weak to reset. That multiplier has been built in to some cards.

There was a time though when atlantis was king. It was way better than mesopotamia which basically was badly designed. U got way more out of atlantis than u will meso. Pompeii is the most useful black card currently. Rip maya, water xi, anubis, tsz. Fire xi and rakasha ur next. MH comon refresh ur black and seal cards u cheapos.
(10-26-2018, 09:45 AM)jtsmith Wrote: An interesting card u dont mention is varuna.  Immediately avaliable vauna could help.  Since atlantis is a god and thus can run mono god, this guy might be useful since atlantis does not have a attack rune besides water which contributes to low dmg output versus yusuke, shiva or aqua.  Before u go all crazy on me, all those leaders can run mono race.

By oct10 about 1 year from release atlantis is essentially retired though.  The sudden burst of the above mentioned cards plus the immense power of prologues has just about shelved atlantis.  I believe this is due to wz cass being somewhat clunky and weak to reset.  That multiplier has been built in to some cards.

There was a time though when atlantis was king.  It was way better than mesopotamia which basically was badly designed.  U got way more out of atlantis than u will meso.  Pompeii is the most useful black card currently. Rip maya, water xi, anubis, tsz.  Fire xi and rakasha ur next.  MH comon refresh ur black and seal cards u cheapos.

X fucking D