Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking for deckbuilding advice: card list included
Hey guys,
I have been inactive for 2 years and started playing some weeks ago. I still have some old decks, but as it feels now, they are not THAT competitive anymore. So I thought I give it a try and ask you for advice since I have no idea what is being played or even worth leveling/collecting.
For me it's also important to know what cards I should look out for. For example: if there is a deck really really worth playing and I miss 1 or 2 cards, I can save some diamonds for when a diamond draw event with those exact cards appears. Or maybe upcoming events I should look out for.
Thanks in advance dear community. Heart

I listed up almost every shit I got. Maybe there is some meta deck I missed.  Angel

The Decks I have played so far:

- Blue Greek
- Mono Blue: Douman/Carrie/Urd/Quinglong/Molly + random ally who gives any synergy
- Wukong (Tank) Deck
- White Greek with Michael Lucifer, Luna, Yan and Kejourou (this is my strongest deck so far)

Thats all. I dont know what is worth building now since I don't know the meta. I hope you can enlighten me.

List:

Beasts:

Baphomet the Wisdom Snatcher
Silver Bullet the Money Hunter
Deadly Mochi Bunny
Smiling Cheshire Cat
Paladin Gladiator
The Cowardly Lion
The Grumpy Puppy
Ra

Jolly the Sound of Beast
The Merry Puppy
Dormouse of the Round Table
Toto
March Hare the Insane
The Martial Master
Hermit of Searing Blazes
Gorgon

Spirits' Guide - The Greenery King

The Great Cthulu
Tefnut
Aloof Odous

Dragon:
Sunnie
Faugn, the Horror in the Hills
Moonlight Golem Liberated
Decapater
Protometallic Dragon Uranus
The Holy Ethereal Dragon
Shimmer

Byakhee the Immortal Howler
Shu
Nidhogg, Undying Dragon of Poison
Jadator

Seth
Inferno Melog
Blazing Golem - Liberated

Quinglong the Prime King
Dagon, Father of Deep Ones
Dragon Spiritor - Water
Hydrometallic Dragon

Human:
Moon of Amethyst - Yagami
Psychic School Girl - Athena Asamiya
Conjurer of Draco - G-Dragon
Flowery Embroidery - Diaochan
Solace Endor
Jotunn of Purple Skull - Ymir
Thomas Midgley
Regulator - Deus Ex Machina
Yan-Peng & Syu Mu-Yun
Dark Knight-errant
Lisa Bufano
Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard
Ferocious Raikouken - Benimaru Nikaido
Inheritance - Paladin Overlord of Faith
Miles the Devout Knight
Agitator - The White Queen
T.O.P
Light Knight-errant
Marbas
Kim the King of Taekwondo
Cowherd of Undying Love - Altair
Jotunn of Emerald Feathers - Thazi
Terra Knight-errant
Duncan
Yang Jian the General of Fidelity
The Queen of Sarmatians
Seungri
Inheritor of Ninjutsu - Mai Shiranui
Medea, Sorceress of Love & Hate
Jotunn of Fiery Rock - Hrungnir
Pyro Knight-errant
Wangshu Sword Archer - Yun Tian-He
Nangong Huang the Demi-Elf
Winkie the Wicked Witch
Tyrant - The Queen of Hearts
Taeyang
Swordsman Sean
Cassandra, Cursed Prophet
Grand Sage Molly
The Rising Dragonic Fist - Sie Kensou
Florice
Dreamer Matthew
Automated Fort - Stirling
Wang Hsiao-Hu the Unyielding Warrior
Gretchen and Heisenberg
The Soulless Robot
Great Onmyoji - Abe no Seimei
The Great Mother of Lust
Wen Zhong the Mercy Revealer
Daesung
Aqua Knight-errant

Elves:
Evil Overlord Saruman
Isabel
Hyacinth
Hsing Hsuan the Undead Leader
Morris
Malphas
The Greedy Elf Queen
Strelitzia
Merlin
Yvette
Paperwhite
Caterpillar the Remonstrator
Rapa Nui the Puppet on Vigil
Mag
Rosemellow
Clara
Diablo, Manipulator of Elements
Marchosias
Jinnie
Vepar

Demon:
Ed the Innocent Necrophilia
Mastema
Rider Knap the Youth Devourer
Myoudouki the Shikigami
The Nocturne Nightingale - Xi
The Unjust Soldier
Felix the Cat Duke
Kejourou the Bloody Geisha
Minamoto no Yoshitsune
Zendouki the Shikigami
Faust the Iron Maiden Statue
The Treasure Hunter
Develish Coquette in Mountain - Yaoji
Sacrificial Princess Kushinada
Engaged Belle
Wisdom of the World King - Solomon
Blair the Witch of Rotton Woods
Karasutengu
Rosa Sisters - Amor & Celos
Yatanokami the Shikigami
The Unofrtunate Knight
Duke of Unicorn - Amduscias
Headless Horseman - Dullahan
Katawaguruma the Shikigami
Flaring Mezzo - Xi
Chen Fu the Last Loyal Courtier
Thetis the Wilful Shield
Celestial Master - Tongtian Jiaozhu
Douman Ashiya, Onmyoji of Douma
The Graceful Lady of Sloth
Elizabeth the Noble
Yuki-Onna
Hajikamiio the Shikigami

God:

God of Underworld - Hades
Odin the Knight of Runes
Court of Gemini - Castor & Pollux
Immortal Lady of Moon Palace - Chang'e
Moonlight Immortal Changxi
Shen Gongbao the Tao Achiever
Valkyrie, Daughter of Royalty
Osiris
Court of Scorpio - Alma
John the Shadow Assassin
Apollo, God of Holy Light
Thunderous Supremacy - Zeus
Court of Libra - Luna
The Psalm Chorister - Yan
Michael - Lucifer
Sacred Deicider Sun Wukong
The Magic Lamp
God Striker
Ninhursag the Mother of Life
Eostre, Goddess of Spring
Dionysus the Lonely God of Wine
Jiang Shang the Tao Achiever
Galio the Broad Swordsman
Thor
Verthandi the Liqueur Vampire
Celestial Supremacy - Taishang Laojun
Goddess of Crops & Letters - Nisaba
Sylvan Alto - Yan
Hertz the Woodlands Walker
Athena
Domon the Boulder Crusher
Poker King - Paxton
Wings of Galaxies - Metatron
Amaterasu Omikami
God of Firestorm - Gibil
Hephaestus
Skuld, Weaver of the Future
Tyr
Dipankara the Monk
Court of Aquarius - Carrie
Poseidon, God of the Sea
Corpse Bride, Urd
Cateua & Ravniss the Tide Riders
Fallen Feather - Fearful
Weaver of Unswerving Love - Vega
Stormbringer Susano'o
Goddess of Order - Giemsa
Glacial Soprano - Yan
Freyr
Celestial Divinity - Yuanshi Tianzun
Mu-Yue

Cheers
Skeek

There's a teambuilding subforum, you know, lol.

Many of the decks that are "meta" right now revolve around particular "rare" cards from either limited seals such as the currently running Garden of Thorns or from the less frequent Black Platinum Card Seal. This is only my opinion, people don't all agree, but the strongest leaders (of these rare cards I mean) for mono elements at least should be:

Water - Cornflower, Su Huan Jen, Abraham, Water Bride
Fire - Nobunaga, Chessia, Amaterasu(there are many VERY different ways to set her team though), Fire Bride
Earth - Izanagi, Uncle Tuu (who is no longer drawable), Hideyoshi
Light - Tan Sanzang, Maya (basically the new home of ML and Luna), Arthur
Dark - Satan, Lu Bu

I would say those are organized from left to right how strong they are, IMO, though there are gray areas.

Special mention to one rainbow deck, Guan Yu, because it's just hard to talk about what's meta without at least mentioning her. She is one of the best cards in the game. There are a few other rainbows or duo colors, but let's keep this simple and not get into everything.

Of the diamond seal series that came before limited seals, leaders who have remained, for the most part, on the right power level are the Norse series with VR Odin, Crimson Grace series after VR with a Demon focus, Dipankara/Yang Jian, Aloha/Dodo, Pontos/Erebus, Aether, Haza. Then Copper Bullet, Barbara/Nidhogg, Babylon, and Origin of Demons can still compete to an extent. Recent development IDK what to think about yet: Diablo/PR Sprites. You have a lot of these cards from what I can see so take this as my recommendation to build those teams.

For meta members: I think the cut off for converters these days is CD6 unless it's full board convert or something similar. A one turn *2 boost should be at least CD 8. If your card has a stronger effect or a lower max skill level CD than those standards, then it's up to date, you just have to match it to a team that synergizes well.

Most cards with a teamskill that goes with a meta leader are strong and worth farming, such as the currently running Haunted Objects series, the Fire and Water cards boost the HP and ATK of Demons in their respective Crimson Grace team. Cards that have particular utility purposes such as snipers, rune crackers, time tunnels, and all of the Starters all still have their niche and are worth training. Cards with semi-permanent boosts such as Enchantresses are still integral to teambuilding and probably will be for a long time. New cards of the same sort you should look up: Fire Bride (Dancer of Blazing Flames - Yan), Bedivere, Tsukuyomi, Anubis, Tsang, Rakshasa, Andromeda. Probably missing something.

Also, recently a kind of "final amelioration" called Awakening Recall (AR) was released. This basically gave the series it was granted to all new passives that compounded with their normal skills, provided a very difficult stage is completed with them as members. That series was the Court of Zodiac. Alma and Pollux are considered the big winners of their respective sides of the series, both have very strong self buffs that can't be dispelled that are activated by dissolving particular amounts of runes. Pollux gets a *6 self attack and Alma gets a *4 with a defense breaking poison effect on the enemy. This has rocketed them into pretty much every Dark/Rainbow team that can take them, so I definitely recommend getting those trained up.

You have a lot of good cards, I think you'll be spoiled for choice. As a final note, if you didn't already know, Mai Shiranui is one of the rare cards from the last limited seal, King of Fighters. She'll make a good leader allied with either of the two other rares (probably Kyo based on your cards) and a full team of KOF cards in a tricolor deck. IDK how much longer she'll stay strong, but right now she's pretty good.

UID: 86478773
2Max Leaders: Maya, Erebus, Ophiuchus, Amaterasu, Aloha, Rose.
1Max (CDLV10+): Chessia, Barbara.
LF: Hot Nidhoggs and Ophiuchuses in my area. Other leaders matching mine OK too, but those especially at the moment.
1st: Oh my god. Sorry, that I posted it in the wrong part. I just noticed too.
I don't seem to be able to drag it into the other part of the forum.

2nd: Thank you very much, Fauxy. That's some solid advice you got there, hands down ! As soon as I have some free time, I will work through that and adapt my plans. Smile

Cheers

(11-01-2017, 04:11 AM)Skeek Wrote: 1st: Oh my god. Sorry, that I posted it in the wrong part. I just noticed too.
I don't seem to be able to drag it into the other part of the forum.

2nd: Thank you very much, Fauxy. That's some solid advice you got there, hands down ! As soon as I have some free time, I will work through that and adapt my plans. Smile

Cheers

No probs. Gimme reputation if you really appreciate it lol but I'm not that bothered if you don't. I shoulda said rare up day for Garden of Thorns is this friday, so if you're looking to run the newest of the new decks, that'll be your best chance to get one of the leaders. Have fun teambuilding.
LF: Hot Nidhoggs and Ophiuchuses in my area. Other leaders matching mine OK too, but those especially at the moment.
You do have "Moon of Amethyst - Yagami" which is one of the other KOF super rare leaders next to Mai. You trade the Fire runes as all attribute for more column runes and a higher multiplier. Your choice which to run as leader.

I'm not sure if you really want to run pure KOF: it looks like you missed out on a lot of useful members from biweekly/SM/Coliseum, and KOF is a one-time-only collab. That said, even mixing in a few non-KOF cards can be really effective.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Have:
- Abraham, VR Elizabeth, Guan Yu
- Chessia, Nobunaga, Mai Shiranui
- Izanagi, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi
- Lu Bu, Rose, Khaos
...and others...
(11-01-2017, 01:48 PM)agnesi Wrote: You do have "Moon of Amethyst - Yagami" which is one of the other KOF super rare leaders next to Mai. You trade the Fire runes as all attribute for more column runes and a higher multiplier. Your choice which to run as leader.

I'm not sure if you really want to run pure KOF: it looks like you missed out on a lot of useful members from biweekly/SM/Coliseum, and KOF is a one-time-only collab. That said, even mixing in a few non-KOF cards can be really effective.

Woah, I completely missed that he has Iori lol. The skin name blinded me.
Alright, I think I go with Yagami then. But on the other side, Mai might give a more constant dps increase.
Due to my inactivaty I missed alot of events. Especially since cards got better and better, missing the last ~2 years worth of cards reaaally screws me over. For example: I sometimes have troubles with ultimate stages, because I am not able to kill the first wave in 2 rounds with my white greek deck.

What would a KOF deck look like? Should I fill it up with humans, should I go for 3 dark 2 fire 1 earth, or 2-2-2 setup? I could go 4-1-1 as well just to get the multiplier.
Is there any way to make the Garden of Thorns work ? I tried those elves in the prepared stage where they are maxed out and MAN they pack a punch. I probably use my diamonds for the event on friday.
oh god, next time sort by attribute, not by race, also don't add color to the card names, is harder to read Sad
[Image: zu27X6A.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: All Norse Gods, Chessia, Abraham, Barbara, and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(11-03-2017, 06:36 AM)Skeek Wrote: Alright, I think I go with Yagami then. But on the other side, Mai might give a more constant dps increase.
Due to my inactivaty I missed alot of events. Especially since cards got better and better, missing the last ~2 years worth of cards reaaally screws me over. For example: I sometimes have troubles with ultimate stages, because I am not able to kill the first wave in 2 rounds with my white greek deck.

What would a KOF deck look like? Should I fill it up with humans, should I go for 3 dark 2 fire 1 earth, or 2-2-2 setup? I could go 4-1-1 as well just to get the multiplier.
Is there any way to make the Garden of Thorns work ? I tried those elves in the prepared stage where they are maxed out and MAN they pack a punch. I probably use my diamonds for the event on friday.

Mai is more stable, Iori has more burst. You don't wanna run Mai+Mai though because then only two runes will drop per column. KOF Teams are best when populated only by KOF human cards, in three colors. Usually, you want to arrange them so no two colors are next to each other (e.g. Mai-Iori-Terry-Athena-Benimaru+Iori/Kyo). This ensures maximum combos. You would change it if you had K (who you don't), or if you needed enchanted runes in which case you put two of the same color next to each other so that when their skydrop happens it happens in a batch of six.

Agnesi is right in that it'll be a bit strange since you're missing the non-seal cards so you don't have a lot of options for pure KOF team setups. You can use non KOF cards, but you lose the benefit of a stat boosting teamskill, so you'll wanna put in dragons, beasts, and gods to compensate on HP at least. However, not being full KOF means you can put in Enchantresses who are always good.

You really need the rares for the flower elves. In the other seals there were some commons who could be used to lead a team like Sun Quan or Mo Wang Zi, but this one in particular seems really focused on the rares as leaders. If you can't draw one of them, you can run the new Diablo+PR Sprites (if you have the PR Mats for Diablo) with the flower elves as members. You lack Matryoshka though, who is so strong for that team. Good luck drawing.
@Oriceles: This is the first list ever that I made. Sorry about that, I keep it in mind next time !! I thought the colour would help distinguish the cards abit better.

@Fauxy: Alright. I think I try a KOF setup, since I dumped some diamonds into it already and I need something that can deal some damage from turn 1 on, lul.
As for the fairies: I have dumped my last diamonds today and have drawn Rose so my inventory looks like this:

Rose
Hyacinth
Paperwhite
Strelitzia
Rosemellow
May Lily
edit: got Sakura too now
What would a possible setup look like? Is Diablo 100% needed or can I run a proper setup with those cards? I already tryed 6*rose with another 6* rose as ally but I didnt get the 5 Healthstone drop. Does the team have to be 6* too ? Is it better to go for rainbow team or 2x dark for example with rose and hyacinth?