Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the collabs killing the the forum?
I have played the game for a long time. Just got my 1750 day reward. I find myself playing less and less. 

Maybe I played too long. Maybe it became monotonous. But I noticed the forum is being used less and less. We use to have long discussions about the game. Nothing has been said here in a week.

Sad to see the users disenfranchised by the game. Great game. Usually.

I don't know if the collabs necessarily, I lean more to the side that we get so much stuff back to back. I get gassed by the back to back pulls and black card in the middle of it. 

Another point is that a lot of people moved to Discordd since that's another thing that's promoted heavily and all platforms.

(10-12-2018, 04:56 AM)dessed Wrote: I have played the game for a long time. Just got my 1750 day reward. I find myself playing less and less. 

Maybe I played too long. Maybe it became monotonous. But I noticed the forum is being used less and less. We use to have long discussions about the game. Nothing has been said here in a week.

Sad to see the users disenfranchised by the game. Great game. Usually.

Thing is that we are using now the forum to make more use of threads that have a lot of content, so everything have become reference guides, this forum still have a lot of traffic but the discussion of the threads are hardly taking place in here but in the Facebook groups or Discord.

(10-12-2018, 05:12 AM)draconian Wrote: I don't know if the collabs necessarily, I lean more to the side that we get so much stuff back to back. I get gassed by the back to back pulls and black card in the middle of it. 

Another point is that a lot of people moved to Discordd since that's another thing that's promoted heavily and all platforms.

I don't think collabs are killing the game, it is doing the opposite, is bringing a lot of new players, but yes they are all jumping to Discord and /r/towerofsaviors because those platforms are more popular. The Discord server have a total of 866 registered members and usually is around 90-120 people online with 10-20 participating actively.

Discord server invitation by the way: https://discord.gg/qqNEz2W

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
No. Reading is killing the forums because ppl are lazy and just want to go to discord or telegram or whatever and ask their question and get an instant result to their stupid question that they wouldnt have asked if they would read 2 sentances.
Everyone is on Discord.

The chat in Discord moves a lot faster and you can talk random stuff as well , and it's a lot more accessible compared to the forum.

Forum should be limited to 3 sub-forums
1 - General Discussion about game , Guild Recruitment, and Salt from gacha pulling
2 - Battle discussion about weekly SM and special event
3 - Meta subforum

For collabs even though my guild leader is in USA and not willing to VPN to draw stuff he still maintains playing, so it's not collabs that killing this forum
ID: 54962818

add me no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

One thing i can say now tha i have all the collabs from this year is that they are not killing forums directly.  All 3 collabs are very unique and strong.  They dwarf hindu gods and even meso black card.  

If there is one thing they are killing its the need to come here and read since they are super powerful and you dont needas much strategy as before they came out.
2 things:

I am not using VPN to play collabs. I am not going to use a third party app to play this game. If MH isn't interested in paying to unlock regions, I am not interested in paying for diamonds - and I used to pay a lot. It will wait until the next "open" event. I don't care how strong the collabs are. They will fade. If it is just collabs after collabs, I will use my time to play what I can and not pay anymore and fade out.

I am not using discord on my mobile device. Its too busy for the ones on my PC for the games I play there. I like to think and strategize and read. Line on the mobile gets crazy enough as it is and ours only has 60 or so using it.

Just passed 1650 days login.
(10-17-2018, 09:24 AM)Lordshado Wrote: ...
I am not using VPN to play collabs.  I am not going to use a third party app to play this game...

Many phones and tablets have VPN built in.  Really you should be using a VPN so Google and the like can't track you and sell your info for money.  But if you feel better being tracked and sold then I guess u do what u want to do.

For me VPN is a trade-off.  Privacy comes at the cost of some speed.  If you want more speed and privacy then it will cost you.  Ofc there is some other options and what not but this is general.

The problem with opting out of collabs is the creep.
I'd say it's just that forums are dying in general due to being an outdated medium of communication, especially when compared to things like Reddit, YouTube, Wikia, Discord, WhatsApp etc.

Compared to the previous forum I managed, this one is doing quite well in terms of overall activity due to the members here showing interest in the game. Collabs definitely help when it comes to bringing new members in and keeping the forum activity going.
[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116