Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Approach towards Joint Operation
What are everyone's thoughts on Joint Operations? Is it a chore like how the arena is to some, or something fun that encourages cooperative play between guild members? What is your play style and how do you approach it, preferring to solo it for the rewards or willing to help guild mates in clearing that last 5%?

The current Hunter x Hunter series have been performing quite well for me in the current JO, what with their wide variety of utility and high firepower. As such, I have been enjoying it more compared to previous JO's where I had relied on a dual Ghroth team for consistency. I'd imagine how much one would enjoy it would be proportional to how well one performs in it? Previously when I did not have a meta team, it was much more stressful, since I'd be worrying if I'd even manage to get a copy of the JO card, much less farm it's CD.

Regarding the distribution of rewards, do you follow any set of rules or etiquettes when participating in your guild's JO? Now that I can reliably solo an entire JO, I find myself doing that much more often. It's nice not having to be concerned with the clear percentages, and in doing so I can also avoid wresting any rewards from other participants.

Lastly, what teams are everyone using to play the JO? I'm currently using Killua - Killua, Biscuit, Kurapika, Gon - Gon (ally) and can clear ~40% on average in extreme. Biscuit is a lifesaver when encountering heart shields/recovery shields.

ID: 39,040,287
Main ally: Terry

Not sure why.. couldn't be bothered to do the JO, I did try to attempt but got put-off by the fact that there is no Gon available as guild ally and I'm too stingy (and kinda broke) to pay for it. 
Also, my guild is kinda dead which also adds to the disinterest. Question though, is soloing JO by yourself or racking in multiple clears on different operation better? Taking into account the same clear percentages for the different scenarios. It's been a good 2 years since I've participated in a JO so the memory is faint.

Error 101: Signature not found.
Since 25 clears grants you an Alluka that is better.*

*that= doing single goes to different JOs

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(06-21-2018, 03:48 AM)Crux Wrote: Not sure why.. couldn't be bothered to do the JO, I did try to attempt but got put-off by the fact that there is no Gon available as guild ally and I'm too stingy (and kinda broke) to pay for it. 
Also, my guild is kinda dead which also adds to the disinterest. Question though, is soloing JO by yourself or racking in multiple clears on different operation better? Taking into account the same clear percentages for the different scenarios. It's been a good 2 years since I've participated in a JO so the memory is faint.

It doesnt really matter if u solo or not.  There is a slight advantage if u fall short a lot because the heavy hitters pick up the slack.  All u need to do is do the required minimum to qualify for an award prize spot.

So having a good guild helps but is not required.  Since i clear over 50% on both extreme and challenge using daoloth then it really doesnt matter for me.

As good as HxH is, they will never be as good as daoloth or any team where u have high dmg and low spin time.  Why?  Because the animation and spin time eat into time it takes to advance each rd.

Before i used daoloth, i used tsukoyomi and anubis.  I think gaia and phanes are similar or basically any team which autoconverts then hits hards with no spin time.  These teams have an advantage over any team that needs high combos or generates combos.  I would not pick sakura for example.

I just cleared 50% on extreme just now with daoloth.  Im taking daoloth ironhamel fenrir colin daoloth.  Cant use this team for last rd though.

I used to clear 60% on challenge with this team but it seems mh has a lot of quint and combo shields which daoloth is ok but not great against.

My overall feeling is that the jo cards havent been great lately.  Furi was probably the most useful one we had.  This one the cd is just took high.  It seems like to max a jo card u have spend diamonds sometimes.  So imo this event is kinda not that great and probabaly needs updated to be more relevant.  Who actually needs this much GSS?  About 70% rewards are soulstones which makes many runs not worth it.  Ofc it is a free event with free spirit u dont use otherwise.  It costs a lot of time though which i value a lot.
The damage on HxH is not doing it for me, not in a stage where you can get 3 resets in a row and have to grind for Circe every single time.

Generally I have two teams for JO: Azathoth for Challenge, Maya for Extreme. Both are high enough damage to 1HKO which is my big way of mitigating time since I know I'm not the fastest spinner, and both have a bunch of board clears which solve a lot of shields, as well as natural combo generation.

I don't use Aza on Extreme because of two things: 1) He has trouble generating enchanted runes that aren't dark, and enchanted WFE shields and quintet are very common. 2) Overheal.

Maya just solves so many problems that I feel like using her is worth it even when she has those moments where you're waiting on a 30 combo skydrop to end so you can quickly activate ML and get one more kill in before time up. But then maybe not, I don't have Daoloth who is the preferred speedrun leader, so IDK.

JO rewards are fairly mediocre and tend to have too high team cost. It's a F2P event that's made for newbies to be able to participate so I guess that's to be expected though. I think JO is pretty chill compared to Arena which is frustrating to me.

@Crux You should find a new guild if you're not seeing the newest leaders in your selection.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
I use Gon/Chizuru Kagura/Kurapika/Yocto/Killua/Killua for extreme.

- Chizuru Kagura deals with heart shields and helps deal with enemies that don't allow initial dissolve for water/light runes.

- Kurapika's switch deals with stuff like locked runes, and Dowsing Chain is a nice replacement skill for enchantresses.

- Yocto serves as a board converter for occasions like the boss stage.

- 2 Killua, I usually switch my ally killua immediately as soon as it's up, and hold back the switch for my other Killua till an                      occasion rises where not getting hit benefits me (e.g. Dark sirius with 98 rounds of reduced spin time after getting hit). His Whirlwind skill is a good spammable skill that also provides a nice damage bonus.

Overall this team fares well against the many weird skills and shields that Azathoth or Daoloth teams will struggle against, netting me about 40-70% per run.

I use a Daoloth team for challenge and I think the damage it can do there need not be explained.

If I enter an extreme room that's >50% and I feel that I'm unlikely to close out the boss, I will leave when entering stage 19, to give myself/whoever wishes to close out the room an easier time at the boss as it's difficult to set up on him if you aren't using Azathoth, and even then he deals considerable damage per hit.
Akanto Wrote: Ducks are awesome. Big Grin
(06-21-2018, 03:48 AM)Crux Wrote: Not sure why.. couldn't be bothered to do the JO, I did try to attempt but got put-off by the fact that there is no Gon available as guild ally and I'm too stingy (and kinda broke) to pay for it. 

join a better guild , mine is ok except there are too many meta leaders in the guild Adjutant which leads to bloat.
ID: 54962818

add me no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

I like JO as they are free stuff, and good chance to farm older JO cards (this time I'm farming Morgan le fay through Netero drops for my clean black elf rose team).

Can't go into much depth about this, but I'm thinking to run daoloth with Aloha, since I've had more than a few times enchanted quintet shield, which is a bit frustrating in HxH team I'm using as I don't have any protagonists leveled atm.
I use either:
Dual Maya, Dual ML, Luna, Mina (Can be changed for anything).
Dual Guan Yu, Three Witches, Starter.
Which one depends on the starting enemy (or in some JO's how closs to the boss). Both score 30% - 50% for me. About 75% of the time I get two rewards after completion.

Both of these have no issues with any rune shields, heart shields, overheal and generally OHKO. Both susceptible to reset (Guan Yu much more so) and quite slow due to high combo count. I have used this strat since the cards have been out. No change JO to JO.

I just do challenge over for my spirit, refill once on free spirit day and use the refills. I go into any challenge which is 85% or less and do that (althought this time I have been doing sub 50% as Guan Yu has struggled with the boss for me). Do any challenge once and move on. This gets count up for the freebies.

I like this better than Arena because at least it is not weekly, otherwise it would get boring quite quickly.

I have tried other teams at time (normally with bypass quintet shield craft as that was the killer for me) but really keep coming back to the ease of the L shaped dissolve.
For Challenge I use Gon-Killua team because he's just very fast, but sometimes can get trolled by neutralize reset. Another option is Daoloth, also very fast.

For Extreme, I tried using Azathoth and I got trolled with Dragon lockdown and overheal shield after. So I tried Pompeii and it feels like his utility can solve loads of problem that extreme throws at you.

For clearing 95% battles I just go in with Azathoth because Azathoth + Novalis can kill Netero easily.