Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple App Store requiring loot box percentage disclosure
(12-27-2017, 09:49 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Its a good rate until u get 2 out of 25 and 0 out of 15.  Then its not a good "rate up".

Also some of the rate up cards arent great like honda, cao cao, others.

Ancient seal should always be nondupe.

MH should find more ways to make money rather than shove dupe down ur throat.  They shouldnt give u free artwork but rather have u draw or pay directly for it.

I agree, even with "rate up" luck can go against you.  I had bad experience with Star Burst Pulses recently - 1 rare from 20 draws, thankfully Ophiuchus), and with I think Sengoku (drawing with a friend we had no rares from a combined 17 draws).  But I have had decent rates with other series.

More interesting is what seems to be a "pity timer" for black card draws, which seems to be an average of 30 draws and almost guaranteed by 40 draws.

Also you can't guarantee non dupe from ancient seal - for those that have all possible cards, one draw would guarantee to give whatever new black card that was released.

(12-27-2017, 05:42 PM)killerwombat Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 09:49 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Its a good rate until u get 2 out of 25 and 0 out of 15.  Then its not a good "rate up".

MH should find more ways to make money rather than shove dupe down ur throat.  They shouldnt give u free artwork but rather have u draw or pay directly for it.

I agree, even with "rate up" luck can go against you.  I had bad experience with Star Burst Pulses recently - 1 rare from 20 draws, thankfully Ophiuchus), and with I think Sengoku (drawing with a friend we had no rares from a combined 17 draws).  But I have had decent rates with other series.

More interesting is what seems to be a "pity timer" for black card draws, which seems to be an average of 30 draws and almost guaranteed by 40 draws.

Also you can't guarantee non dupe from ancient seal - for those that have all possible cards, one draw would guarantee to give whatever new black card that was released.

Just curious though, is it really guaranteed to get black card by 40 draws? I guess it would make sense that MadHead implement the pity timer or else people would rage quit after drawing so many and getting nothing 

Removal of all non special-seal cards from the Ancient coin seal should suffice and I'd be a happy man if that ever happens. For p2p or light spenders 100 ancient coins for 1 draw that doesn't even guarantee a rare is pushing it a bit far, more so when there are also obvious duds in said rares like you said. 

(12-28-2017, 12:50 AM)attanond Wrote: Just curious though, is it really guaranteed to get black card by 40 draws? I guess it would make sense that MadHead implement the pity timer or else people would rage quit after drawing so many and getting nothing 
It's fairly obvious something is going on behind the scenes otherwise if the rates for black cards were piss-poor like, say, Daji, MH would get showered with complaints, although we don't really have any idea on how the 'system' actually works. For example, do we have to draw consecutively to trigger the pity timer or is it cumulative and the draws can be spread out over a certain time frame. This is what I'm really interested in. 

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: FEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
(12-28-2017, 12:50 AM)attanond Wrote:

Just curious though, is it really guaranteed to get black card by 40 draws? I guess it would make sense that MadHead implement the pity timer or else people would rage quit after drawing so many and getting nothing 

I drew over 40 for yanxi and got neither.  Some ppl say it wasn't working then or u have to draw b2b.  Anyway the current setup is shaky at best which is the whole point of announcement in the first place.

On the nondupe, the latest black card should be the one exception.  Its a pretty easy solution to a much larger problem.

The current situation is knowing nothing.
* With 8 diamonds from arena and 5 per week each 6 weeks gives you 78 diamonds, suppossing that you never use them to refill or for SM revivals that gives you 15 draws.

That said i recognize that i have been amazingly lucky being f2p and getting what i have gotten, and thus i would propose to MH a kind of pity timer on rate up days to avoid things like what happened with JT, if they want the average to be 20% chance of non jackpots then maybe check if 9 draws have happened w/o any jackpot then just up the chance so that at least 1 is found in the 10th draw.

The purging of obvious dud series from the Ancient Seal should just happen, i mean, when we started there weren't enough cards to populate this separate seal but i think that we can agree that one year later we kinda have a good ammount to ensure randomness enough.

For the current series i had better luck doing 5 draws on day1, getting Daoloth as my 3rd draw, than 10 on rate up day, so yeahh i can see how it feels like it has changed... maybe i was just unlucky tho, since in random systems that is always an option, a terrible one but valid.
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis. 
VR: Freya, CN gods. 
PR: Yunyang, Sumatra, Ninurta, dark babilonian, Seth, Shu. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori. 
There is nothing like recieving a dupe from ancient seal from a series you only have 3 out of 5 cards.  Then pulling again to get the same card.  Nothing like pulling that second black card in years and it ends up being the same black card u got 6 months ago.

After all that we dont know the mechanism behind it.
(12-28-2017, 05:04 AM)Revdarian Wrote: * With 8 diamonds from arena and 5 per week each 6 weeks gives you 78 diamonds, suppossing that you never use them to refill or for SM revivals that gives you 15 draws.
Add 2 extra for first week logins (you login diamonds on Saturday and Sunday on the first week only), 6 for new biweeklies (1 for clear, 1 for achievement), 3 for SM (based on 1 new SM every fortnight), 7 for 50 day logins (42/50 days) and say 6 for one-off, guild events stages, etc (assuming 1 per week) and you get your 100 dimes.
Also much better these days with the bonus seal.  Remember previously everything was in the diamond seal, and when a new series was released, the purchase reward was a free draw from that series, but then the series was "rate up" in among the rest of the diamond seal.
(12-28-2017, 01:40 AM)jtsmith Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 12:50 AM)attanond Wrote:

I drew over 40 for yanxi and got neither.  Some ppl say it wasn't working then or u have to draw b2b.  Anyway the current setup is shaky at best which is the whole point of announcement in the first place.

On the nondupe, the latest black card should be the one exception.  Its a pretty easy solution to a much larger problem.

The current situation is knowing nothing.

Based on what I heard people saying is you have to draw back to back, and also I don't think they have this "system" with Yanxi (perhaps because of that people started complaining so they implemented the system?). Right now my friendlist is filled with Maya, Atlantis and the other light sage guy (dunno his name), so hopefully the system is really true.
The only thing I want is Madhead removing normal seals from ancient coin seals or at least change the normal seals every black card events.
Check out next week's draw event, Assembly of The Strong, for your first draw you will get a 2nd draw of a guaranteed rare. Best of luck's to everyone, specially JT Smile
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis. 
VR: Freya, CN gods. 
PR: Yunyang, Sumatra, Ninurta, dark babilonian, Seth, Shu. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori.