Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple App Store requiring loot box percentage disclosure
I just came upon this from another forum. The Apple App Store guidelines now require that:
  • Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#in-app-purchase

I wonder if MH will comply. It would make the seal draws highly interesting.

Haha haha lmao

I read somewhere that Hong Kong was also imposing new digital regulations for Gacha Boxes, MadHead should be adding those soon also, that would alleviate the pain for so many people that complain so much about draw rate. Since I don't have the source I can't confirm, if someone else can do it for me, that would help this thread.

The only reason I think they don't do it is because ToS Gacha doesn't exactly work with draw % rates but algorithms based on the game timer and index, I support this theory.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
What you are referring to is the actual mechanic they use for their pseudo random number generator, since what you do with such a thing is to look up a table after using said RNG then this would still affect them as they would have to post the table pretty much, not so much the proper location in the table of each item as that is meaningless but the range size of each item.
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(12-22-2017, 07:14 PM)Revdarian Wrote: What you are referring to is the actual mechanic they use for their pseudo random number generator, since what you do with such a thing is to look up a table after using said RNG then this would still affect them as they would have to post the table pretty much, not so much the proper location in the table of each item as that is meaningless but the range size of each item.

I guess it will be something like this example from Shadowverse?
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
Exactly, heck i would love to see that over here, i am sure that i have been paricularly lucky being F2P and all that with what i get on every patch (except the first of this new system, i only got abraham on the encore months later Tongue and chessia from ancient coins)
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
every gacha game forum has someone posting this.

personally they could give an arbitrary percentage for everything. there's too many cards in the seal to accurately log percentages properly and test.
ID: 54962818

add me no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

(12-26-2017, 12:55 PM)spacelion Wrote: every gacha game forum has someone posting this.

personally they could give an arbitrary percentage for everything. there's too many cards in the seal to accurately log percentages properly and test.

i think there was a thread way back that did the %s.  I think what rather apple is doing is when you say rate up or for a exclusive seal that it is no longer ok to say rate up but rather what the %s are up front then apply a multiplier to it.

The problem with MH is that their rates are too low...some thing like 8%, 8% and 5% (jackpot rare) for may, kyo and iori in the case of KoF seal DURING THE RATE UP.  This is too low and is a clear money grab.  Now if they are forced to up those rates to make them look not so pathetic then MH essentially gives out freebies.

This is kinda a nonmultiplayer game so there is no reason to make rates so low unless you are shedding players and need more money.  Im sure this will hurt their bottom line and they will have to make a new game to raise revenue.

I blame the cash shoppers for the low %s, however I say this knowing that they likely support the game from folding up.  The low %s are based on the fact they spend too much money making MHs scheme to get the most out of them.
(12-27-2017, 02:28 AM)jtsmith Wrote:
(12-26-2017, 12:55 PM)spacelion Wrote: every gacha game forum has someone posting this.

i think there was a thread way back that did the %s.  I think what rather apple is doing is when you say rate up or for a exclusive seal that it is no longer ok to say rate up but rather what the %s are up front then apply a multiplier to it.

The problem with MH is that their rates are too low...some thing like 8%, 8% and 5% (jackpot rare) for may, kyo and iori in the case of KoF seal DURING THE RATE UP.  This is too low and is a clear money grab.  Now if they are forced to up those rates to make them look not so pathetic then MH essentially gives out freebies.

This is kinda a nonmultiplayer game so there is no reason to make rates so low unless you are shedding players and need more money.  Im sure this will hurt their bottom line and they will have to make a new game to raise revenue.

I blame the cash shoppers for the low %s, however I say this knowing that they likely support the game from folding up.  The low %s are based on the fact they spend too much money making MHs scheme to get the most out of them.

That's actually not bad, 1-in-5 cards is a rare.  So while it is quite easy to get 1 rare, it will take quite a few draws to get all 3 rares (on average it would take 20 draws).  If they are in fact the draw rates, then I wouldn't have any issue with that.  Also remember that you effectively get about 100 diamonds (assuming 8 diamonds from arena every week) for free every version, so if you play efficiently and not use diamonds except for draws on rate up day, you would (on average) get all rares.

You have to remember MH is in business to make money.  TOS is so F2P friendly in comparison to other games.  I've seen some obvious P2W games where the draw rate is so low but they sell packs for $20 which guarantee you a rare.  Also look at Battlefront 2...
Its a good rate until u get 2 out of 25 and 0 out of 15.  Then its not a good "rate up".

Also some of the rate up cards arent great like honda, cao cao, others.

Ancient seal should always be nondupe.

MH should find more ways to make money rather than shove dupe down ur throat.  They shouldnt give u free artwork but rather have u draw or pay directly for it.